Ten Thousand Joys

I Can See Nothing But You

 

Recap:

“Siwon? What are you still doing here? I thought you’re going somewhere?”, Ivy asked, surprised.

 

“Can we have a talk?”, he asked, not answering her question. Ivy let him enter the room.

 

Before Siwon starts to talk, he handed the paper bag that he’s holding to Ivy. She was surprised but she accepted it. A smile can be seen on Siwon’s face as he didn’t expect that Ivy will accept it, just like what Ella said to him. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the mall, the girls were helping Ella to find a perfect gift for Chun on their anniversary. It’s been a long time since Ella gave a present to her fiancé. They went to some boutiques, clothes stores, etc. After 2 hours of searching, they found a perfect watch for Chun.

 

“Hey Ella jie, I think that Chun ge will like this watch.”, Reen suggested. “What do you think?”

 

Ella looked at the watch and she liked it. “Hao de. I’ll buy that for Chun. I’m sure that he will like it.” After deciding, Ella paid it to the cashier.

 

After that, they eat at the near restaurant as they starving already. Not so long, Reen saw Calvin entering the restaurant as well. She remembers what Ella said to them that she wants to surprise Chun on Monday. So if Calvin will know that Ella is here, he might tell it to Chun right away. Reen whispered to Ella that Calvin is at the restaurant too.

 

“Hey Ella, your brother is here too. You want to go and say that you’ve arrived already?”, Reen whispered.

 

“No. I want to surprise my brother on Monday too. Reen, do something. I’ll go to the comfort room first to hide.”, Ella said.

 

Ella stood up quickly and went to the comfort room as Reen said that she will approach Calvin and invite him to go somewhere else.

 

“Hi Calvin.”, Reen greeted Calvin. “What are you doing here?”

 

Surprised, Calvin greeted her too. “Hi Reen. Hmm.. Nothing, I just want to relax a little bit.”

 

“Alone?”, she asked, wondering where his friends are. Calvin nodded at her question. “If you want, we can go somewhere else.”, Reen suggested.

 

“Yeah, they are busy with something else. Well, that’s a great idea. It’s been a long time since we have a bonding time together.”, Calvin smiled at her. “Where do you want to go?”, he asked.

 

“Anywhere that you want to. And besides, I have nothing else to do today.”, Reen blushed. She misses the times that she was with Calvin when they were younger.

 

“Amusement Park? I know that you miss that place.”, Calvin said. BINGO! He really knew that Reen loves going to the amusement park.

 

As Reen and Calvin exited the restaurant, Ella went out to the comfort room. She walked towards Liya, who is texting Jiro at that time, and Even. She asked them if they want to go buy some clothes.

 

“Yeah, that would be great. And besides, we need some dresses for our performance on Monday as well.”, Liya happily said. “Ella jie, you will come and watch us, right? And it’s the perfect time to surprise Chun ge.”

 

Ella blushed on what Liya had said. “Sure, I’m going to watch. I won’t miss the performances of my sisters, you know.” After paying the bills, Ella, Even and Liya are now buying dresses that they will wear on Monday.

 

Upon reaching the Amusement Park, Calvin buys 2 entrance tickets. Before Reen could take out some money to pay the ticket, Calvin stopped her.

 

“It’s okay, my treat.”, Calvin said.

 

“Thanks.” She happily said. She can’t wait to go at some rides that she misses the most. The first one that Reen wants is the Roller Coaster. She pulled Calvin’s hands to go to the Roller Coaster.

 

While walking, Calvin realized that he’s still holding at Reen’s hands. He didn’t even dare to pull back as he’s enjoying what they are doing now. There’s a feeling inside him that he can’t explain. Maybe, he just misses the times with her.

 

After the Roller Coaster, they tried to go to the other rides. And after several hours, they decided to take some rest and sit on an empty bench.

 

“Did you enjoy it?”, Calvin asked.

 

“Yeah. Thanks to you. I misses being here, you know.”, she suddenly hugged him. She’s like a little girl that received a gift from a friend. Calvin was shocked by Reen’s sudden action, but he likes the feeling.

 

Reen noticed what happened and she immediately pulled back from the hug. “Ah--- I’m sorry. I’m just too happy today.”

 

“It’s okay.”, Calvin smiled a little. “Do you want to eat first before I can drive you home?”, he asked.

 

“Sure. And besides, I’m already hungry and tired.” Reen said. “Let’s go.” Reen and Calvin stood up and go to the nearby fast food chain.

 

While trying at some dresses, Even suddenly received a text. She picked out her phone to see who texted her. As she looked at it, she didn’t expect that Aaron will text her. She wonders what he wants.

 

Hey Even. Do you want to practice piano at our place before the performance on Monday? ~~ Aaron

 

She replied back. What time? I’m with my friends. If you want, I can go there at 4:00 pm. ~~ Even

 

Sure. See you later. ~~ Aaron

 

As Even put her cellphone back to her bag, Liya asked her, “Who was that?”

 

“Nothing. Aaron just want to practice for the performance at their house.”, Even said.

 

“With you?”, Liya teased. Even nodded while her face is blushing.

 

“Look.. Look.. Even is blushing.”, Ella joined Liya as they tease Even.

 

“Hao le… Hao le.. Let’s just finish picking at the dresses.”, Even tried to change the topic but she failed.

 

“Aha! You suddenly want to pick a dress as soon as possible so that you can go to Aaron’s place.” Liya teased Even again.

 

Even blushed more. “Aiyoo. It’s not what I meant. I’m just tired, you know.” Even is still trying to change the topic.

 

As the three girls were not yet home, there’s still a quiet treatment between Siwon and Ivy. Siwon doesn’t know how to start the conversation while Ivy is just looking at the stuff toy that Siwon gave earlier.

 

“Hmm… Ivy… What happened?”, Siwon finally started to talk.

 

Ivy looked up to him. “What happened?”, Ivy asked back as she doesn’t know what he is talking about.

 

“I mean, what happened to us?”, he cleared his question. “After I confessed that I have a crush on Lee Si Young when we’re younger, you didn’t even visit me ever again. Why?”, he continued, looking directly at her eyes.

 

“I—I was just busy. And you have her to play with.”, she avoided his stares.

 

“Lie.”, he said. “Then why you’re still avoiding me?”, he asked again.

 

“It’s not that I’m avoiding you. I’m just afraid that you’re not the Siwon I knew before.”, she explained. It’s a half-true and half-lie. Until now, she doesn’t want him to know that she had a crush on him before. And even now? She’s not sure about it anymore.

 

“If that’s the case, can we be friends again?”, he offered a hand shake. Ivy accepted it and said, “Sure. No problem. Ivy smiled at him.

 

Siwon is happy that finally, it’s back to normal. He grabbed a pillow near him and threw it to Ivy. As revenge, Ivy threw a pillow to Siwon as well. Not long enough, they are now playing a pillow fight. It’s so good to see that Ivy and Siwon are having a good relationship now.

 

Monday morning, students are yelling at the corridors, greeting each other’s friends. Everyone are excited and anticipated to watch the event later. The performers are already at the Music Room, setting down the instruments that they’ll be using.

 

“Where is he? I thought that they’ll meet me here before 7:00 am. It’s already 6:45.”, Aaron whispered.

 

“Hey!”, Even greeted Aaron. “You’re so early.”, she asked.

 

“Nah… I’m just waiting for Jiro. We’re assigned to arrange the stage before the event starts. I’m wondering where he is now.”, Aaron said. “You nervous?”

 

“No and that is thanks to you. You helped me a lot on playing piano.” Even shyly said. “And by the way, thanks to your mom to let me have a dinner at your place last Saturday night.”

 

“No big deal.” Aaron smiled. After several minutes of waiting, Jiro had finally arrived with Liya.

 

“Hey, where have you been? I thought that we’ll meet earlier before 7:00”, Aaron asked.

 

“Chill bro, I’m not late. I arrive on time. Look, it’s 7:00 am on my watch.”, Jiro waid.

 

“I’m sorry. It’s my fault. I asked Jiro to ran some errands for me.”, Liya apologized. Even looked at the two suspiciously.

 

“Okay, okay. You win. Let’s go now before Ms. Hou will be angry at us.”, Aaron pulled Jiro. “See you later girls.”

 

As Aaron and Jiro are running to the auditorium, Even gave Liya a what-errands-are-you-talking-about look. Liya blushed and ignored her. She walked faster so that Even can’t ask her anymore questions about it.

 

“Hey!!! I’m still asking you! What is that errand?!!”, Even shouted as she tried to catch up with Liya.

 

At Reen’s house, Ella is preparing herself before going to her sister’s school to watch the performance. She also put the gift to her bag. She’s so excited to see Chun already. As she walked out at her room, she noticed that Siwon is not yet dressed up.

 

“Hey you! What are you still doing there?”, Ella asked.

 

“Watching TV. I’m so bored already.” Siwon said.

 

“Exactly. You’re coming with me at Ivy’s school.” She said.

 

“Why are we going there?” he asked.

 

“My sister will be having a school performance. And we’ll be going to watch her perform. So now, you must get dressed. Go!”, Ella pushed him to his room and let him change his clothes.