Silently

I Can See Nothing But You

 

Recap: 

The three are busy eating their lunch that they didn’t notice that Ivy was already with her brother. “Girls, here’s my brother already.”, Ivy finally said. As the three looked up, Reen and Even were shocked who Ivy’s brother is.

 

“Hi girls. I’m Calvin Chen, Ivy’s brother.”, Calvin introduced himself to the girls.

 

“YOU?!!!”, Reen shouted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reen didn’t expecting it that Reen’s childhood crush and her crush as she grew up is actually the same person. It’s been years since she last saw him when they were younger and now, he’s right in front of her again.

 

“Yeah, it’s me. Surprised? So you’re the little girl who is always crying when we’re younger, right? It’s been 2 years that we became schoolmates here and I didn’t notice it.”, Calvin said.

 

“Hey, I’m not a cry-baby okay?!! It’s your fault why I am always crying before.”, Reen defended herself.

 

“Ehem, ehem… Calvin, don’t forget that you have your friends here. Mind to introduce them to us?”, Aaron interrupted.

 

“Yeah, I almost forgot. Thanks for reminding me, buddy. Haha… Girls, this are my friends, Wu Chun, Aaron and Jiro.”, Calvin introduced his friends to the girls.

 

“Yeah right. I already know them.”, Even mumbled.

 

“Hello bao bei. Mind to eat here with you?”, Aaron said trying to put his arms around Even’s shoulders.

 

“You dare!!!”, Even said trying to punch his arms.

 

The others laughed at their cuteness but Jiro didn’t mind the two because he’s busy staring at Liya. Liya noticed it and immediately asked him, “Why are you staring at me like that?”

 

“Hmm… Nothing. I was just mesmerized by your beauty.”, Jiro being straightforward that made Liya blushed. Ivy noticed that her friend was blushing so she whispered something to her brother.

 

“Ehem… I think that we should go now and leave the two over here.”, Calvin teased.

 

“Yeah. Ants might bite us by their sweetness overload if we’re not going out of here. Haha.”, Ivy added. Reen and Even slowly standing up to their seats so that Liya won’t notice them. And the others are slowing walking away from the stable.

 

Liya heard it and came back to earth. “Wei!!! Where are you going?”, Liya shouted. They were shocked and ran faster away from them.

 

“Don’t mind them. Hehe… If you don’t mind, I can send you to your room now. It’s already time for the next class.”, Jiro offered. Liya slightly nod.

 

As the class is over, the girls are ready to leave except for Even. She said to her bestfriends that she still needs to do something before she go home. The three understand her as they knew her little secret since they were little.

 

“Okay. We’re leaving first. Don’t forget to go home late, hao ba?”, Ivy said as Even hugged them and bid goodbye.

 

“Finally, I can go to the music room again. It’s been months since my last visit here. Thank goodness that classes resume already and I can play my favorite instrument.”, she thought.

 

“Ms. Patty Hou, it’s me, Even. Can I still use the music room for a while?”, she said to the teacher who is in-charge for the key of the music room.

 

“Of course, you can dear. You can take your time playing your favorite instruments here. Don’t forget to lock it after using. See you later.”, Ms. Hou cheerfully said.

 

Upon entering the music room, she immediately locked the door so that no one can discover her inside the room. She put down her bag to the floor and grabs the violin at the side of the room. Happiness can see to her face as she misses playing it.

 

Aaron, who is still at school, immediately went to look for Ms. Hou because he forgot to tell her that he needs to borrow the flute. As he already holding the door knob, he heard the beautiful sound of the violin. He wonders who is playing inside the room. He tried to open the door, but it’s locked so he decided to wait for few minutes and just listen to the beautiful song that is playing.

 

Even was playing her favorite song. It was the song that her childhood bestfriend played for her before he left her. She will never forget that song as it was composed by her childhood friend himself. It’s also memorable for her because it was the first time that someone did that for her.

 

Aaron was amused by the song and because of that, he didn’t notice the time. As he saw to his watch, it’s already 5pm and he still needs to find where Ms. Hou is. Silence. That’s what he heard before he decided to leave after he listened for almost an hour and right now, he guessed that whoever the person inside the room playing the violin will come out of the room and he will know who that person is. When he heard the footsteps, he immediately hides from the corner near the music room. It’s a girl but he didn’t see her face as she went to the opposite way where Aaron is hiding. But the long silky hair and petite height is his clue. He decided to find that girl tomorrow.

 

It’s still early for a student to go to school but Aaron is already there and waiting for that girl to arrive. But before that, as he already forgotten his purpose why he came to find Ms. Hou at the music room yesterday, he now went first to the staff room and ask if the teacher is already there.

 

“Good morning Ms. Hou, I’m Aaron Yan from the Music Club. Can I ask your permission to allow me borrow your flute today? I forgot to borrow it yesterday because…”, he said as he recalled what happened yesterday. “because something came up. I forgot to tell you right away yesterday.”, he continued.

 

“Okay. I thought that you won’t borrow it anymore la. Here’s the key of the music room. Don’t forget to close the door right after you leave the room.”, Ms. Hou said. “Woohh… I thought that he went there already and he discovered Even’s secret. If that happened, I’m so doomed.”, she thought.

 

Humming the song that Aaron heard from the music room yesterday, he saw Even walking to his direction. He wonders why she arrived at school so early like him.

 

 “Good morning babe. Why are you so early?”, he approached her.

 

“Huh. Can you please stop calling me that because I’m not your babe or girlfriend. Don’t make me angry this early or else, you don’t know what can I do to you.”, she angrily said.

 

“Really? What if I will kiss you right now, what will you do?”, Aaron said seductively.

 

“Huh!!! You dare! And I will really punch your face.”, Even fights back.

 

He slowly cornered Even and he put his two hands to the wall so that she cannot escape. An expression of fear can be seen to Even’s face this time but she still tries to fight back. “Hey! What are you doing?!!! Can you let m…”, he interrupted her by kissing her.

 

That’s it. Aaron really kissed even. He doesn’t know what’s gotten into him why he did kiss her. At first, he was teasing her until to the point that he already did it.

 

SLAP!!!

 

“YOU ERT!!! HOW DARE YOU TO DO THAT TO ME?!!! I REALLY HATE YOU!!”, Even cried as she runs away from him.

 

He just stood up right there and not knowing what happened a while ago. And Even’s words to him are like a thousand knives that pierced to his heart. After a few minutes, he came back to reality and ran to find Even again but this time is to apologize to what he did to her.