Song For You

I Can See Nothing But You

Recap:

“I’m sorry, Aaron but I don’t know how to play any. I know piano, but a little.”, she lied.

 

“It’s okay, Even. I can teach you how to play it. If that is… you want me to teach you.”, he said. “I promise… No hanky-panky.”, he added, raising his right hand saying that he really promise it to her.

 

“Okay. If that’s what you want. It’s fine with me. But… You will teach me.”, she finally agreed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Aaron is playing the basic notes as he wants Even to learn it first before they go to the piece that they picked for the event. As Even looking at Aaron’s hands on the piano, it refreshed her mind how did she start learning how to play piano when she was young. She suddenly remembered her childhood friend. Unexpectedly, a tear dropped from her eyes and Aaron noticed Even sobbing.

 

“Even? Are you okay? What happened?”, he asked curiously.

 

Even immediately wiped her tears. “Oh, it’s nothing. i jus miss someone who is so close to me.”

 

Aaron stood up and asked, “You probably miss that person. What happened between you two and you’re like that?” His question looks like he’s now entering her private life. He immediately recalled what he asked and apologized to her as soon as possible.

 

“Nah… It’s okay. He’s just my childhood friend who I didn’t see for a long, long time now.”, she smiled bitterly. “I’m okay. Don’t worry about me. Let’s just practice playing and we only have 5 days to practice that.”

 

“Ok. Let’s start from the beginning again.”, he looked at her once again.

 

As they finished practicing the piece that they are going to play, it’s already 8:30 in the evening. Aaron is worried if Even is already hungry, so he go to the kitchen and prepared something for them to eat.

 

“Oh, I don’t know that you know how to cook as well. I thought that a playboy like you only know how to flirt.”, she joked.

 

Aaron looked at her. It’s his first time to see her smile like that. He was fascinated on how the way she smiles at her. She walked towards her. Even was surprised by his action now and thought that he will do the same thing as he did to her recently.

 

“Hey, what do you think are you doing?”, she asked him.

 

“Ah… Hmm… I… There’s a dirt on your hair.”, he found a lousy excuse as he tapped her hair.

 

“Oh, thanks. I thought you want to do something crazy.”, she laughed a little.

 

“Haha… That’s so funny. I won’t do that as I promise to you, remember?”, he reminded.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Or else, I’ll knock you out.”, she warned him.

 

“I know, I know.”, he surrendered. “The food is ready. You should eat first before you leave. I know that you’re already hungry, so I prepared something for you to eat.”

 

“Thank you.”, Even said before eating the food that Aaron prepared.  After she finished it, she fixed her things and ready to leave Aaron’s house. But before that, Aaron started the engine of his car and wants to drive Even to her house. He doesn’t want for a girl to walk at the streets at this time.

 

“Even, get in the car. I’ll drive you home.”, Aaron said.

 

“No, it’s okay. I can go home by myself.”, she assured.

 

“No. it doesn’t fit to a girl to walk around by this time. It’s already dark outside, you know.”, he insisted.

 

At the end, Even said yes to him. And besides, it’s scary if she will walk outside alone. While Aaron is driving, silence filled inside the car. Both of them didn’t say anything but Aaron keeps on looking at Even once in a while.  Upon reaching the house, Even opened the door and thanked him for driving her home.  Unknowingly, a pair of eyes is watching at them inside the house.

 

Even was surprised by Reen as she entered the house. It’s already 10:00 pm when she arrived home and now, she wondered why she’s still not sleeping.

 

“Woahh… You’re still up? It’s already late.”, she asked Reen.

 

“Yeah. I can’t sleep. How about you? Where have you been?”, she asked suspiciously.

 

“About that… I just went to Aaron’s place to practice playing piano for the event.’, she explained.

 

“Even, I know that you already knew how to play it. How come you went there and asked him to teach you. Do you lik him?”, Reen asked her a bunch of questions about Aaron.

 

“HELL NO!!! I just don’t want them to know that I know how to play different kind of musical instruments. Only you and Ivy and Liya know about this thing. You know why I’m doing this, right?”, Even explained.

 

“Hao le. I know. I’m just joking.  Let’s go to sleep?”, Reen laughed.

 

After Aaron drove Even to her place, he went to Jiro’s place immediately. Jiro is busy composing a song for a girl that caught his attention. Calvin and Chun are also there, just watching on what Jiro is doing. The two boys are now confused by Jiro’s action lately. As Aaron had finally arrived, Chun opened the door for him.

 

“Hey, what are you guys doing now.”, Aaron asked Chun and proceed to the living room where Calvin and Jiro are. And now, even Aaron noticed what Jiro is doing. “Hey Cal, what is that dude doing?”, he whispered to Calvin as Chun sit besides Aaron, bringing a food with him.

 

“I don’t know either. When we arrived, he’s already playing his guitar all over again and suddenly writing a song out of nowhere.”, Calvin explained.

 

“Wow. Maybe, he’s in love with someone.”, Chun guessed and the two nodded.