Happy Enough

I Can See Nothing But You

 

Recap:

 

“So mei mei, you heard her. You can still attend her party some other time, so don’t be sad anymore. And besides, we already celebrating it today.”, Aaron comforted his little sister.

 

The long night was an amazing night for them. Even said to Diamond that she will be there at the airport too before they leave. Diamond, on the other hand, promised to Aaron and Even that she will study harder so that she can get higher grades.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early in the morning, Aaron and his sister already arrived at the airport. Even though Diamond wants to stay longer, she can’t do something as she already promised to her brother to go back to Paris and study harder. After few minutes, Jiro and his sisters already arrived with Ben, Liya and Even. While waiting for the flight, the Wang sisters got a chance to talk with Even and Diamond with Liya. Even if it’s just a short time of bonding of the girls, they are happy to get to know each other more.

 

After sending their little sisters to the airport, they went to a restaurant to eat their lunch. The two girls can see how sad Jiro and Aaron are while eating. They can’t blame anyone as their sisters really need to go back to Paris and continue their studies.

 

“Eh? Are you guys free today? Let’s go watch a movie.”, Even tried to lighten up the mood as she doesn’t want to see them like that before her birthday.

 

“Yeah, that’s a nice idea, Even.”, Liya agreed. “I’ll call the others to come here.”

 

“No need, Liya.”, Jiro spoke. Liya looked at him worriedly. “I mean, why not we can watch the movie without them.”

 

“You’re right.”, Liya mumbled, putting down her phone.

 

After watching the movie, the mood already lightens up. The two boys thanked Even about her idea. It helps them to forget the sadness that they had this morning.

 

At the Chen’s mansion, Donghae knocked at Ivy’s room. He wanted to talk to her privately so by that, he can help his bestfriend to know the feelings of the girl for Siwon. Ivy opened the door and looked who knocks at her door. She wasn’t surprise anymore that it was Donghae as she knew he slept at their house last night, in the other guest room.

 

“Oh hey, what’s with the morning?”, Ivy chuckled.

 

“Nothing much. I just want to talk to you for a while.”, Donghae smiled at her.

 

“Sure, come in.”, she said as she let Donghae entered her room. “So oppa, what is it?”

 

“Hmm…”, Donghae mumbled while thinking how to start the conversation. “I just want to know why you picked me to be your partner in the amusement park and not my bestfriend?”, he asked her direct to the point.

 

“I--… I don’t know.”, Ivy don’t know how to answer.

 

“Are you still mad at him from what happened before.”, Donghae asked again. Ivy looked at him in disbelief as she was surprised that Donghae knew what happened already.

 

“How—how did you know?”, Ivy shrugged.

 

“Siwon told me.”, Donghae straightforwardly said. “Ever since that day you avoiding him, I’m the only one who he can lean on. I’m always at his house to listen to why you’re avoiding him. To tell you the truth, when he said to you that he has a crush on Si-Young, Si-Young heard it actually. And she helped him to go to your house, but your mom said that you’re not there.” He looked at Ivy to get some reaction but she was dumbfounded.

 

“If you’re thinking that it was Si-Young who replaced you to be his playmate, then, you are wrong. I’m the one who is willing to take your place and make him happy. But still, he’s always telling me that he misses you, his first bestfriend.”, he continued. Ivy started to tear up as she was not expecting it. She misunderstands him.

 

“Oppa, what am I going to do?”, she cried harder. She doesn’t know how to make things clear to him. “I misunderstood him. I really don’t know how sad he is since then... I li---.” Before she can say the last words, Donghae cuts off.

 

“That you like him from the very start but you’re hurt because of that confession?”, Donghae finished the sentence that Ivy supposed to tell. Donghae hugged her as Ivy cried harder.

 

“Don’t cry my Xiao Han, I’m here.”, he comforted her. It’s the only thing that he can do for now as he already know the feelings of his friends towards each other.

 

The next day is a big day as they will celebrate Even’s birthday. With the help of Reen and her mom, they immediately prepare the dress that Even will be wearing today. Also, Mrs. Yu lends to her daughter the make-up kit that she had on her room.

 

Reen ran to Even’s room to wake her bestfriend up. “Even!!! Wake up!!!”, she shouted.

 

“Hmm… Reen, what’s with this morning? Why are you in a hurry?”, Even mumbled.

 

“Aiyoo… You’ll know soon. Just hurry up and go down immediately.”, Even’s bestfriend commanded.

 

Even immediately wakes up on her bed and follows Reen into her room. All she knew is that it’s her birthday but she’s wondering what’s with her Reen today. As she entered the room, only Even did is to follow her bestfriend’s instruction.

 

After few minutes, Reen is done with her masterpiece. Even is now wearing a Sapphire Blue strapless dress with ruffles and lavender high heels. Her hair is perfectly curled and a light make-up on. Reen is so happy to see the outcome and to see that her bestfriend is so beautiful today.

 

“Is this me?”, Even said, shocked to see her new self on the mirror.

 

“Yes, bestfriend. It’s you.”, Reen complimented.

 

“But-- but how you did this?”, Even is still amazed to what Reen did to her.

 

“It’s a magic.”, Reen applauded. “Oh by the way, later, you will come with me.”

 

“Where?”, Even asked.

 

“You’ll know soon. But for now, we’ll meet the other girls. Let’s go.”, Reen hurriedly pulled Even out of the house.

 

At Jiro’s house, Liya and Ivy are so excited for their friend’s birthday party tonight. Liya is now imagining that Aaron will confess his feelings towards Even.

 

“OMG! I’m so excited for what will happen later.”, Liya exclaimed. “I wonder if your friend will confess to my bestfriend.”

 

Jiro looked at Liya, “Woahh… Relax. You’re more excited than my bestfriend huh.”

 

“Yeah sis, calm down. If Even is here, she’ll know already. You’re so obvious, did you know that?”, Ivy added.

 

Not so long, they heard someone knocking on the door. “Coming!”, Jiro shouted.

 

“We’re here.”, Reen said as Jiro opened the door.

 

“Oh hi!”, Jiro greeted. “Happy birthday, Even.”

 

“Thanks Jiro.”, Even smiled.

 

“Hey girl!”, Liya called Even. “Happy birthday.”

 

At the Chen’s mansion, Ella and Calvin are busy preparing the house for the birthday party of Even later night. Also, Donghae and Siwon are there to help as well.

 

“Hey buddy.”, Donghae called out. Siwon immediately looked to him.

 

“Yeah?”, Siwon asked.

 

“I have a surprise for you.”, Donghae whispered as they are arranging the table.

 

“What is it?”, Siwon whispered back. Donghae just smiled at him.

 

“Later, you’ll know.”, He smiled once again before he went to the other table.

 

Later that night, everyone is already at the mansion waiting for the birthday girl to arrive with Liya, Ivy and Jiro. And as for Aaron, he’s at the garden, relaxing himself.

 

“Eh? Where’s Aaron? Even will arrive in a minute.”, Ella asked Chun while looking around.

 

“Relax, Ella. He’s just in the garden. You know, having some air first.”, Chun replied.

 

At exactly 8:00pm, Even and the others had already arrived. One by one, they greeted Even a happy birthday which made her cried a little. She doesn’t have any idea that they planned a birthday party for her. And before she could enter the house, a guy greeted her with a bouquet of flowers.

 

“Happy birthday.”, he greeted as he gave the flowers to her.

 

“Thanks Aaron.”, she smiled as she hugged her.

 

Everyone is enjoying the night with Even. Other boys in the party asked to dance with the birthday girl but Jiro noticed uneasiness face in Aaron.

 

“Hey bro. What’s with that face?”, Jiro asked his bestfriend.

 

“What face?”, Aaron answered back nervously.

 

“Look at you. You’re obviously looked nervous.”, Jiro answered. “Why don’t you ask her to have a dance with you instead?”

 

“Alright. I’ll go ask her.”

 

Aaron stood up from his seat and walked forward to where Even is. But before he could approach him, an uninvited guest came.

 

“Even! I’m back!”, an uninvited guest shouted.