Going On My Way

I Can See Nothing But You

Recap:

Before Ariel can talk again, Siwon’s phone rang. “Hello?”, he answered his phone.

 

“Hey buddy. It’s me.”, a guy spoke on the other line of the conversation. Siwon already knew this voice and if he’s not mistaken, it’s his longtime buddy since high school. “Guess what!! I’m going to Taiwan next week! I’m so excited to see you there!”, the guy continued.

 

“Really? Then, that’s great!”, Siwon happily said to his phone. “Yeah, yeah! See you soon.” After that sentence, he hang up the phone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Siwon hang up the phone, Ariel suddenly decided to say goodbye to him and ready to leave. She and her friends are really embarrassed from what happened earlier. They bullied the second daughter of Mr. Chen. As they left the mansion, Ivy slowly walked up the stairs to go to her room. She thought that Siwon would say something from what happened, but failed. Yes, she’s now sure that Siwon is avoiding her.

 

She ran to her door and locked it. She can’t believe that Siwon became so cold towards her. She wonders what she did to him to treat her like that. The whole evening, all did she do is to cry and cry until she fell asleep. At exactly 12:00 in the midnight, her door opened slowly. It was Siwon who take a peek and check if she’s okay and doesn’t have any nightmare.

 

“I’m so sorry but I have to avoid you as much as I can. I can’t give the love that you want from me. I’m so sorry.”, he whispered to the air as he closed the door.

 

The following day, at Aaron’s house, Diamond prepared a special breakfast for her loving brother. As Aaron went down from his room, he already smelled the food and he guessed that it’s his favorite breakfast.

 

“Good morning, brother!”, Diamond greeted her brother with a wide smile on her face.

 

“Good morning too, mei mei.”, Aaron greeted as well. “So what’s with today and you cooked for breakfast?”, he suddenly asked.

 

“Nothing much. I just missed cooking food for my brother.”, his little sister said sweetly.

 

“Tell me. You need something, right?”, he asked again. He knew his sister very well. Whenever his sister cooks food for him, there’s an exchange condition. Even though it will only took few months for them to have a sister-brother bonding together, Aaron knew his sister’s actions that much.

 

“Aiyoo.. You really know me too well.”, Diamond pouted. “Okay fine, I’ll tell you. I just want to invite Even jie here at our house for dinner.”

 

Aaron spitted out the juice that he’s drinking. “What?!”, he said surprisingly.

 

“Please Ge Ge… Plus I like her for you. You know… I want her to be your girlfriend. She’s so nice and cute.”, Diamond said.

 

“Stop joking around mei mei. It will never going to happen.”, Aaron spoke seriously.

 

“But… I thought that you both have special feelings towards each other? Why is it--”, Diamond asked her brother confusingly.

 

“We just treat each other as bestfriends and nothing else.”, Aaron cuts off her sister.

 

“Hao le. You both are only bestfriends. So if that’s the case, let’s invite her for dinner.”, Diamond said, letting his brother to say “yes”.

 

“Fine.”, Aaron gave up on her sister who keeps on bugging him. Diamond cheered and left the house happily. “My sister is sometimes really annoying.”, he said to himself while eating his breakfast.

 

Even arrived at school earlier, as always. She always goes to school 30 minutes before the class start than her friends. She went to the Music Room and plays violins again. She misses it as she seldom plays the violin nowadays. After a while, she received a text message.

 

Hi Even jie! Good morning. Just want to ask if you’re busy later because my brother and I want to invite you for dinner here at our place. ~~ Diamond

 

She replied Oh hi Diamond. Hmmm… I guess I don’t have anything to do later. By the way, where did you get my number? ~~ Even

 

I got it from Aaron ge. So jie, is that a yes? ~~ Diamond

 

Sure. See you later. ~~ Even

 

Good. I’ll tell my brother to pick you up at 6:00 pm. ~~ Diamond

 

But before Even can reply, Aaron is calling her to her phone. She quickly answered it. “Hello?”, she said

 

“Where are you? I’m already at the school garden. Can you go here for a while?”, Aaron spoke from the other line.

 

“Okay, okay. I’m going there immediately. Just wait for a while.”, she said as she hang up the phone. She immediately went out of the Music Room and ran as fast as she can at the garden.

 

“Hey!”, Even greeted Aaron.

 

“Oh. You’re finally here.”, Aaron said.

 

“Yeah. So, what do you need from me?”, Even asked straightforwardly.

 

“Nothing much.”, Aaron answered. Even looked at him suspiciously. She knows that there’s something that Aaron wants to tell her. “Well, my sister…”, Aaron was cut off by Even. She knew it already.

 

“Oh yeah. I already know about that. Your sister texted me a while ago.”, Even laughed at Aaron’s sudden change of expression of his face.

 

“That’s stupid mei mei of mine. She’s really into something.”, Aaron mumbled.

 

“Huh?”, Even said as she heard something from Aaron.

 

“Nothing. Nothing. So, you’re going to our place?”, Aaron asked again.

 

“Sure. Why not? And besides, I want to get to know more about your little sis. Hehe.”, Even said.

 

After an hour, Ivy is already at their classroom. She arrived there with Siwon but they separated when they reached the school. Siwon keeps his promise to look after her but still keeping his distance to her. Ivy didn’t mind about him as she knows that it’s better to keep away from him than feel the pain that she has.

 

“Hello Siwon, good morning.”, Ariel greeted Siwon as she entered the room. Siwon greeted her with a smile.

 

Ivy smirked. “You have to move on, Ivy. He has no feelings for you. And don’t dream that he will in the future. That’s going to be impossible.”, she keeps on reminding herself.

 

Later that afternoon, Ivy immediately bids goodbye to her friends and quickly ran out of the room. Liya, who is close to Ivy, walks towards to Siwon. Even and Reen wondered what Liya is doing. They know that if Liya wants to confront other person, she has an expression like she has now.

 

“Siwon, can we have a talk?”, Liya said to Siwon, who is happily chatting with Ariel and her friends. Happily? Or maybe, he’s just hiding his true feelings. Who knows.

 

Siwon looked up at Liya and nodded. They left the room, leaving Even and Reen there and went to the cafeteria alone.

 

“So, what do you want to talk with?”, Siwon asked directly.

 

“Okay, I’ll tell you directly. I know that I don’t have any idea what happened between you and Ivy but as I can see, Ivy changed after that stupid party.”, Liya said. Siwon knew what she’s referring to but he still keeps on denying.

 

“What are you talking about?”, Siwon pretended that he doesn’t know what is she talking about.

 

“Siwon, I know that you’re not that dumb. If you like my bestfriend, go and tell her. And if not, please don’t hurt her like this and treat her nicely.”, Liya said and left him dumbfounded.

 

Meanwhile, Even and Reen went home already as Even promised to have a dinner at Aaron’s house. She took a bath and gets herself dressed nicely. Reen, who is peeking at Even’s room, wonder why Even needs to dressed up like that as she knows that it’s only a simple dinner. She smiled at herself and thought that her bestfriend has already fell in love with Aaron without knowing it.

 

Even picked a pink strapless dress, matching with black high heels. She put a light make-up on her face, making it match with her dress. She also curled up her hair, looking a princess. As she goes out of her room, Reen was surprised by Even’s look tonight. She didn’t expect how beautiful her bestfriend is.

 

“Wow, Even. You’re really beautiful tonight. I didn’t notice that you’re really pretty.”, Reen amazingly said.

 

“Thanks.”, Even blushed. “Wait? Do you mean, I’m only pretty for tonight?”, she pouted as she realized what Reen had said.

 

“No, no, no. I mean, you’re really amazing but tonight is different.”, Reen explained.

 

“Hao le. Hehe. Thanks, by the way.”, Even thanked her bestfriend again.

 

Mrs. Yu, who is preparing for dinner, walked out to the kitchen to take a look at Even. “Wow, Even. You’re so gorgeous tonight. Who’s that lucky guy?”

 

“Huh?”, Even asked.

 

“Ma! You mean Aaro--”, Reen’s sentence was cut off when the doorbell rang. “The doorbell rang. Maybe, it’s already him.”, Reen ran to open the door.

 

As Reen opens the door, Aaron greeted her. “Good evening, Reen.”

 

“Good evening, Aaron.”, she greeted back. “Oh. Even is waiting for you already. Come inside first.”, she let Aaron enter the house.

 

Mrs. Yu looked who is that handsome guy inside their house. But before she could ask his name, he introduced himself first. “Good evening, Mrs. Yu. I’m Aaron Yan.”

 

“Good evening too, Mr. Yan. So, you’re my daughter’s boyfriend?”, Mrs. Yu asked.

 

“Ma! Not me.”, Reen intruded. “Maybe her?..”, Reen pointed at Even.

 

“Oh. Now I know. Hehe… Sorry for that wrong statement of mine.”, Mrs. Yu said. “So, you’re taking Even to a date tonight?’, she said.

 

“Hey. I’m not his girl--”, Even wants to defend herself but was cut off when Aaron spoke.

 

“Yeah. At our house.”, Aaron said, making Even blushed. “Actually, my little sister invited her.”

 

Reen saw Even is blushing right now. “Oh. She’s really starting to like Aaron huh.”, Reen thought at the back of her mind.

 

“Hao le. You’re going to be late at your date… I mean, dinner at Aaron’s house.”, Reen pushed Aaron and Even out of the house. “And someone’s already blushing.”, Reen whispered.

 

While Aaron is driving, no one dares to start a topic to talk about. Even is still blushing while looking outside. She doesn’t want Aaron know that she’s blushing so madly. But she doesn’t know that Aaron is taking a peek once in a while. In short, he already knows that Even is blushing. Looking at Even made him smile secretly.

 

Finally, they arrived at Aaron’s house on time. Diamond already finished preparing the dining area. When Diamond heard that someone opens the entrance door, she quickly ran to the living room.

 

“You came jie jie.”, Diamond hugged Even tightly.

 

“Hey! You hugged her first than me?”, Aaron pouted. “What kind of sister you are.”

 

Diamond smiled teasingly. “Aiyoo… My ge ge got jealous. Hehe. I love you, ge.”, Diamond hugged Aaron while looking at him.