Just One Look

I Can See Nothing But You

 

Recap:

“I already did, but she refused to talk to me.”, Aaron explained.

 

“Then, try again. Even is just a bit childish sometimes, especially it’s her freaking first kiss, you know.”, Ivy exclaimed.

 

“Alright. I will.”, Aaron promised. The girls now walked, going to eat their lunch but Aaron called them again. “Do you know where I can see her after class?”, he shyly asked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school hours, Aaron bid goodbye to his friends and immediately went to the school garden. Reen told him that Even is always going there whenever she’s sad or wants to be alone. Upon arriving at the garden, he saw her sitting at the bench, looking at the sky. At first, he’s still doubting if he will approach her or not, but in the end, he sat beside her.

 

“Why are you still here? Class is over a while ago.”, Even mumbled. “You want to pissed me off again, are you?”, she asked without looking at him.

 

“No.”, he said directly. “I really want to apologize from what happ…”, he said but cut off when Even spoke.

 

“Forget it.”, she said.

 

Aaron smiled at her. “So… You’re accepting my apology?”, he asked. Even nodded, still not looking at him. After a while, Even is ready to leave. She fixed her things and stood up but Aaron grabbed her wrist.

 

“Wait.”, he whispered. “Thank you.” She looked at Aaron and gave him a little smile.

 

It’s been a week since the accident happened and it’s been a week since they talked in the garden. After that, no one dared to speak to each other when they meet at the corridor, instead, they are giving each other a nod as a sign of greetings.

 

Her friends noticed the cold treatment between Even and Aaron. They wonder what happened that day. They wanted to know but they are afraid to ask Even. It’s also the same for Aaron’s friends. But the difference is that they have no idea about what happened.

 

“Hey bro, what’s happening to you lately? It’s not like the usual you.”, Jiro finally asked.

 

“Yeah, even my little sister said that Even is also like you.”, Calvin added.

 

“What happened to her too?”, Chun asked while eating his food.

 

“Not sure. But she said that she’s always quiet and not the bubbly one as they usually see to her.”, Calvin explained.

 

“It’s because of me. Did she really accepted my apology or is it she’s still thinking about the kiss.”, Aaron thought.

 

One week after, the music department will be having an event where students will show their skills in playing their favorite instruments. The members of the Music Club will be paired up by two’s. Ms. Hou, who is also the adviser of the Music Club, has already the list who’s going to paired up by who. As the members are already at the music room, she immediately announced the pairings.

 

“Liya Tong and Jiro Wang”, she announced the first pair. “Ivy Chen and Wu Chun”, the second pair. “Reen Yu and Calvin Chen”, the third pair that she announced. As the teacher is announcing the other pair, the students are already going next beside to their partners. “And the last pair is Even and Aaron.”

 

Even and Aaron looked at each other, not knowing what to do. As they both know is that they are still not ready to face each other but have no other choice.

 

On the other hand, Jiro is still mesmerized by Liya’s beauty. Liya noticed that Jiro is looking at her again. She wanted to ask him but Jiro spoke first.

 

“Hmm… What instrument that you want to play for the event?”, Jiro asked.

 

“How about you?”, she asked back. Actually, she’s not fond of playing instrument. She knew how to play guitar a little but it was when she’s still younger. She’s not sure if she can still play it.

 

“How about playing guitar? Is it okay with you?, he asked again.

 

Liya doesn’t know what to reply because she’s afraid that he will laugh at her if she will tell him the truth. “Actually, I know how to play it a little but it’s when I’m still younger. I’m not sure if I can still play it.”, she finally said and she closed her eyes as she’s now ready to hear him laugh. But when she opens her eyes, she saw him only staring at her.

 

“It’s okay. I can teach you if you want me to.”, he said, being a gentleman.

 

Liya can’t believe on what he said. She didn’t expect him to say it. As far as she knew, whenever she says it to other people, tendency is that they will laugh at her, but Jiro is not one of them.

 

“Really?”, she asked him, unbelievingly.

 

A few minutes, they started to talk of what song that they will be playing. At the other side of the room, Reen and Calvin were looking at Liya and Jiro. It looks like they are watching a romantic movie. They didn’t mind what musical instrument they are going to play as they already know that cello is their favorite instrument since they were young.

 

As for Chun and Ivy Chen, Chun asked Ivy what instrument that they are going to play. Ivy didn’t give an answer but also asked something from Chun. It’ not related to music but to his fiancée.

 

“Chun Ge, how’s your relationship with your fiancée.”, she called him Ge as a sign of respect to elders.

 

“Hmm… Good.”, It’s only thing that he can say as he last saw to his fiancée is almost 2 years now. His fiancée is busy with their family business in Korea. But the good thing in their relationship is that whatever busy is the girl, she keeps on contact with Chun.

 

“Don’t worry ge, Ella jie jie will come back soon. I promise that.”, she promised. Even Ivy also misses her big sister as she stayed at America while her sister stayed at Korea.

 

“Yeah, I hope so. I really miss your sister.”, he confessed.

 

After an hour of the meeting in the Music Room, Ms. Hou finally dismissed them. But before that, she reminded her students to bring the instruments that they are going to play next week. All students finally decided what to bring next year except for Even and Aaron who still not talking to each other for the whole session. For Even, she doesn’t want to show to everybody that she can play different kinds of instruments, especially violin. And for Aaron, he’s afraid to ask Even.

 

“Hmm.. Even?”, Aaron tried to approach her as the students left already.

 

“Yes?”, she answered.

 

“I know that you still don’t want to talk to me but I just want to ask if what instruments that we’re going to play next week?”, he asked with courage.

 

“I’m sorry, Aaron but I don’t know how to play any. I know piano, but a little.”, she lied.

 

“It’s okay, Even. I can teach you how to play it. If that is… you want me to teach you.”, he said. “I promise… No hanky-panky.”, he added, raising his right hand saying that he really promises it to her.

 

“Okay. If that’s what you want. It’s fine with me. But… You will teach me.”, she finally agreed.