Shining Star

I Can See Nothing But You

 

Recap:

“Exactly. You’re coming with me at Ivy’s school.” She said.

 

“Why are we going there?” he asked.

 

“My sister will be having a school performance. And we’ll be going to watch her perform. So now, you must get dressed. Go!”, Ella pushed him to his room and let him change his clothes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ella and Siwon arrived at the school on time. The school event will be starting now. They proceed to the nearest chairs on the stage. At the backstage, excitement and nervousness can be seen on the performers. But of course, before it starts, Ms. Hou gave them some encouragement.

 

After a short introduction, the first performers came up on stage. Jiro and Liya will be playing guitar while Aaron and Even will play piano. Their piece is the song “Zhe Shi Ai”. As they play, the harmony of both instruments are so perfect. While playing, Liya and Jiro can’t help but to look at each other. There’s a special chemistry between them on stage. And for Aaron and Even, they are just allowing themselves to feel the tune. Eventhough they are not looking at each other that much, there’s still a connection between them that only the two of them can feel.

 

They finished it with a loud applause from the audience. They bowed and exited the stage. The next performers went up on stage. They let the audience see what the Music Club members can do; they sing and play instruments at the same time. The others play as a band.

 

And the finale has come; the final performers went up on stage. While preparing the drum set, Chun noticed a familiar girl near the stage. Ivy tapped his shoulders and smiled.

 

He got what Ivy means. “Ella?”, he asked himself. He was sure that she’s his fiancée. At the other side, Calvin and Reen are now ready with their cellos. They are just waiting for the signal. After a while, Chun signals the others to get ready. They played the song, “Intuition” by C.N. Blue. While the performers enjoying the moment on stage, Siwon looks at Ivy all the time.

 

“Hey! I know that my sister looks so pretty on stage but please, don’t stare too much. She might melt right away.”, Ella teased as she noticed on how Siwon stared at Ivy.

 

“Hmph. I can play drums, you know.”, he whispered to himself but Ella heard it too.

 

“You are jealous, aren’t you?”, Ella teased again.

 

“Me? Jealous? Come on. I’m not jealous, okay?”, Siwon fights back.

 

Ella laughed at Siwon’s action. She knew that he’s jealous. But why he would be jealous. They guy beside Ivy was her fiancé, for God’s sake. “Okay, fine. Don’t be so defensive. You’re so obvious.”, she laughed again.

 

After the beautiful performances from the students of Music Club, Ella pulled Siwon with her to go to the backstage. As they enter, she hugged her fiancé first. She misses his presence so much. Siwon approached Ivy and greeted her.

 

“Ella! Since when you arrived. How come I didn’t know it?”, Chun asked his fiancée.

 

“it’s a surprise, you know.” Ella happily said.

 

“Hmph… That’s so unfair.”, Chun pouted.

 

“Hao le. Don’t be mad now. Here, I have a present for you.” She handed the gift that the girls picked for Chun.

 

The others just laughed at their sweetness as they know how Chun and Ella miss each other for so long. After Chun wore the watch from Ella, he noticed a guy who entered the room with Ella.

 

“Ehh… Babe, who is he?”, Chun pointed at Siwon.

 

“Oh. I almost forgot. He’s Siwon, my friend from Korea.”, Ella introduced Siwon from the guys.

 

“Siwon?!!”, Calvin gave him a hug. “It’s been a long time, buddy. How’s life?”

 

“Still the same. Yeah, it’s been a long time since we met.”, Siwon said.

 

“You know him?”, Aaron and Jiro both said.

 

“Yeah. He’s also my friend. We knew each other when we’re still in America and visiting Ella in Korea.”, Calvin explained to them. “So jie, you watched our performance but I didn’t see you.”

 

“Idiot. How will you see me if you’re only looking at one person.”, Ella smacked at his head. She’s always teasing his little brother with Reen as she also knows that Reen has a crush on him before.

 

“Hao le.. Why not we eat first? I’m already starving here.”, Chun growled. The girls laughed at him. Chun was always like that. All he knows is all about food.

 

“Perfect timing, I already reserved at a restaurant near here.”, Ella said.

 

“Hmm... Guys, can I go first? There’s still some things that I should do now.”, Even said.

 

Aaron looked at her, wondering where she’ll be going. “I’ll go with you.”, he offered.

 

“Are you sure? You can go with them, I’ll be fine.”, Even said. Aaron nodded.

 

“Yeah. Let Aaron go with you.”, Ella said as she understand where Even will go. She looked at Aaron and said, “Aaron, drive safely, okay?”

 

Upon reaching Aaron’s car, Aaron opened the door for Even before going to the driver’s seat. “Where are we going? I’ll drive you there.”

 

“Visit my mom.”, Even simply said.

 

“Oh yeah. You never mentioned about your mom. You kno--”, Aaron said but cut-off by Even.

 

“She died. It’s her death anniversary today.”, a tear came from Even’s eyes.

 

“I’m sorry.”, Aaron apologized. “I didn’t know about that. Now I know why you are living with Reen. How about your dad? Where is he?”

 

“He died too with my mom. But they didn’t find his corpse when they met the accident.”, she said. “As far as I know, they died at the airplane and all passengers there died. But the thing that they can’t explain is that they couldn’t found my dad’s corpse.”

 

Aaron saw Even crying. He stopped the car for a while and hugged her. It’s his only way to comfort her at that time. By that time, Aaron is expecting to be pushed by Even but she didn’t mind that Aaron is hugging her. All she needs now is a person who can she lean on, and that is the person besides her.

 

When they reached the cemetery where Even’s mom was buried, Aaron parked the car nearby the grave and Even slowly gets out of the car. It’s been a while since her last visit to her mom so she talked a lot about her life now. At the side, Aaron is just staring at Even the whole time.

 

“Mom, do you know that I learned how to play piano again?  And that thanks to the man right there.”, she looked at Aaron. “He taught me how to play it again. I’m sure that Papa will be happy if he knew it.”

 

Upon hearing Even mentioned his name to her mom, he walked towards her and holds Even’s hand. As Even felt that there’s a soft hand intertwined by hers, she stared at that person for a while.

 

“Mrs. Wu, your daughter is so lucky to have you. She is determined to learn how to play piano for you to be happy for her.”, Aaron suddenly spoke.

 

“Aaron? You…”, Even whispered.

 

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Wu. I’ll protect your daughter. I won’t let anybody hurt her.”, Aaron promised in front of Mrs. Wu’s grave.

 

Even was touched on what Aaron had said to her mom. She didn’t expect that Aaron will say it to her mom as they aren’t that close to be friends. Those words from Aaron are repeating on her head. She looks at Aaron and gave him a little smile. That smile made Aaron’s heart pounds so fast.

 

“Thank you.”, Even said as they reached Aaron’s car.

 

“Thank you for what?”, Aaron asked.

 

“For accompanying me here. You know… And the things that you’ve said to my mom.”, she explained.

 

“Nah. It’s okay. And thanks too.”, he said. “For allowing me to get to know your mom.”, he continued.

 

Uncontrollably, a tear fell from Even’s eyes. “Sssshhh… Don’t cry.” Aaron patted her back to make her stop crying.

 

“Thank you very, very much…”, she thanked him all over again.

 

“Aiyoo… it’s okay. If you want, you can consider me as a friend.”, he suggested.

 

“Friends? Aren’t we friends right now?”, she wiped her tears and began to laugh a little by Aaron’s stupidity.

 

Aaron laughed as well. “Aiyoo. I thought you don’t…” Both of them are now laughing. “It’s so cute to see her smile like that. I really promise that I won’t let anybody to make you cry.” Aaron thought.