Looking Through The Glass

Lovelost Elegy

©Team AiMai

AmeDrops X KuronekoBurijio

Lovelost Elegy

Disclaimer: We do not own Hey! Say! JUMP or Johnny & Associates. All events are entirely fictional.

 

Lovelost Elegy Chapter 5: Looking Through The Glass

It’s already a weekend and Fuurin Aoi is heading towards the convenience store she’s working at. Still unable to recover from the happy news from yesterday, the girl felt that she would have a good day.

“To think positive, is to have a positive day!~” Aoi nodded to herself. Several bystanders noticed her and started whispering at each other. But since Aoi was too happy minding her own business, she ignored them all.

However, things quickly changed when Aoi suddenly collided with a boy wearing shades. Her things went scattered all over the pedestrian lane. They just stared at each other. Aoi expected the male to help her with her things.

 “... I demand an apology.” the boy casually requested, crossing his arms. Aoi could only blink in dismay.

“... What?” She pardoned.

“You. Bumped. Me.” The boy repeated mockingly. 

“So I demand an apology, stupid girl. “

She got up and bowed to the boy. Despite that, inside, she was really boiling to the top.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t look on where I was going.” She apologized.

The boy just looked at her and nodded, smirking.

  “...His charm went to waste because of his attitude.” She muttered to herself as she picks up her things. Her smile disappeared, and was replaced by a grim frown.

She hoped that she’ll never have to meet people who act like garbage.

 

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Chinen Yuri was really annoyed while walking to Johnny’s . Brisk walking in Tokyo was refreshing until a certain idiot collided with him.

“Won’t you apologize to me?” He exclaimed.

The girl got up and bowed. She apologized and he just nodded. He saw his watch and he’ll be late for work. Obviously, he didn’t want to get scolded by his manager who threatens to throw him out if things don’t go well. He started walking away without saying another word, not even helping the girl with her things. By 8, he was able to arrive on time. Ryosuke and Yuto stared at him.

  “Congratulations. Thank God you’re not late again...” Ryosuke greeted him. Yuri only smirked and ignored Ryosuke’s sarcasm.

“Hmph, I was almost late, though. An idiot bumped me a while ago. Maybe a fan, though. She stared at me reeeaallly intensely~” He teased Ryosuke and Yuto.

“Whatever.” Ryosuke playfully hit him on the shoulder. Yuto’s phone received a message from Johnny Kitagawa requesting that they go straight to his office right away.

“’Kay, Let’s go, guys. The old man’s waiting for us.” Yuto clicked the elevator and called up to them.

 

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

“Good Morning, AiMai.” Johnny-san greeted them.

“Good Morning, Johnny-san. What is it?” They asked in unison and sat on the couch. Five seconds of silence as Johnny observed them.

 “I would like to look for a new member for your group.” Johnny said calmly.

“...WHAT?!” Yuri and Ryosuke exchanged looks and asked loudly.

“You don’t have to shout...” Yuto calmed the two. Yuri, annoyed, removed Yuto’s hand from his shoulder. Johnny smiled to himself.  

“B-But we’re already doing fine with the three of us. Why add more?” Ryosuke stammered uneasily.

“Well, let’s see... I dunno.” Johnny answered calmly.

“...Is that a good reason?” Yuri sarcastically muttered.

“I heard that, Chinen.” He stared at him with intensity. Yuri froze, but seconds later, Johnny calmed down and resumed the conversation.

“I’m adding a new member to AiMai. The truth is, I’m tired of seeing normal things like you performing. I want something new, something fresh. Like I said, I’ll be adding someone. Tomorrow, I’ve scheduled an audition. And you three will act as judges.” Johnny explained calmly.

“But, can’t we just take someone from y Zone or Johnny’s Jr.’s?” Ryosuke butted in. Johnny smiled at him.

“Nope. Class dismissed.”

They all nodded weakly and left the office. They went back to their studio.

 When they arrived, they expected Ryosuke to lead the practice. However, since they were still shocked with Johnny’s plans, the trio just sat there without talking. Yuri hoped that no one would pass the audition. He knew well that it was selfish of him but he can’t help it. He wouldn’t be comfortable with someone he doesn’t really know. Yuri was already comfortable with Yuto and Ryosuke because they’ve been friends since they grew up as Johnny’s. Yuto’s voice interrupted their silence.

“Ne, Let’s just go home. I’m not in the mood.” He said.

Yuri and Ryosuke just nodded and headed downstairs. Yuto and Ryosuke were picked up by their drivers and bade goodbye to Yuri. Yuri waved back and wore his shades and cap. He’s preparing for another stroll around Tokyo, and headed to the park.

His face lit up when he saw Ryutaro walking Fumiko’s dog, Mochi.

“Ryu!” he shouted.

Ryutaro noticed him and started walking towards him. Yuri took off his shades and smiled.

“I thought you have work today with the others.” Ryutaro said calmly.

“We’re not in the mood. Johnny-san suddenly decided to add a new member to AiMai. Could you imagine that? The old geezer is actually tired of us!” he said with irritation in his voice.

“Well, he’s the owner of JE after all. You just have to accept his decision.” Ryutaro answered.

“Hmm, I guess that’s pretty genius of you...” Yuri pinched him hard on the cheeks

“Shut up. What was that for?” he asked giggling, slightly annoyed.

“Genius~” Yuri grinned.

“Where are you heading to?” Ryutaro asked.

“I don’t know.” Yuri sighed, bored.

Ryutaro stared at his friend.

“Ah, I see your house is empty again, yes?” Ryutaro asked bluntly. Yuri didn’t reply,and continued to walk looking at his foot.

“Why don’t you come with me and Mochi for a while? Just to pass time...” Ryutaro requested.

“If you say so, then I will. Let’s go on a date. Ryu~” Yuri again.

“Hey, cut that out. It’s creepy. Anyway, we aren’t wearing any shades. If this leaks the internet, I’ll kill you. ” Ryutaro joked while holding the leash of the dog. Yuri followed them until they went inside a convenience store. Yuri and Ryutaro stared at the cashier clerk.

“... She looks familiar.” He muttered. He tilted his head to get a closer view of the cashier’s face.

“Ryu, is there a problem?” Yuri shook his companion. Puzzled by Ryutaro’s action, he too stared at the cashier. They both gasped.

“... Wait. She’s the one who bumped me this morning.” He pointed accusingly as the girl didn’t notice them. Ryutaro didn’t reply.

“Oi, Ryu? What’s wrong? Do you know her?” he asked.

Ryutaro didn’t answer his question.

“Fuurin-san.....” Ryutaro murmured silently as the girl faced them.

To be continued ~