The Importance Of One

Lovelost Elegy

©Team AiMai

AmeDrops X KuronekoBurijio

Lovelost Elegy

Disclaimer: We do not own Hey! Say! JUMP or Johnny & Associates. All events are entirely fictional.

Lovelost Elegy Chapter 7: The Importance Of One

Fuurin Aoi was walking home from the convenience store. It had been a weird day for her. All she wanted right is to reach home and be with her mother.

“Today’s work... totally ruined by an impolite celebrity...” She muttered to herself as she kicked a stone in her path.

 While walking, the wind blew, and had an uncomfortable breeze. Aoi sensed something terrible and started running home. She is hoping that the nervousness she’s feeling is wrong. However, the house was empty. Her heart started beating rapidly. She checked her mother’s room. No one is there.

“... Where could she be?” she wondered nervously.

Suddenly, a soft knock was heard on the front door. Aoi sighed and went to open it, revealing a lady wearing the same apron as her mother. She could be her co-worker. She froze right in front of her. Her feeling might be right.

“Aoi-chan, you’re mother is in the hospital. She collapsed while at work.” She said while panting.

She stared blankly. She snapped out of it when the lady touched her shoulders.

“She’s admitted at the Yabu General Hospital. Hurry! Don’t forget to lock the doors.” She added.

“Ye-yes. Tha-thank you.” Aoi stuttered and dashed to get her things,  changed clothes and locked the doors. She ran her way to the hospital and reached the hospital in a matter of time. She approached the reception desk.

“What can I do for you, Miss?” the woman asked kindly.

“Is there someone named Fuurin Rina admitted here? She’s my mother.” She asked without hesitation.

“Ah, yes. Fuurin-san is in Room 391.” She answered.

Aoi bowed to the lady and scampered to the elevator. Before reaching it, she bumped into a tall man. Thinking quickly,  She bowed apologetically. Fortunately, the man just walked past her seeing that she was in a hurry.

“Yabu-sama, sorry about that. It’s her mother.” The lady in the reception desk called unto him.

“It’s alright. I understand. I’ll be going now.” Yabu Kota answered with a calm tone.

All the employees in the hospital bowed unto him. He nodded at them and left the hospital premises.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Aoi reached Room 391. She took a deep breath and entered. She saw her mother lying in the hospital bed.

“Aoi-chan...” Rina greeted her weakly.

“Okaa-san...” she hugged her.

Tears escaped her eyes. She can’t control her rush of emotions.

“Don’t cry, Aoi-chan...” her mother comforted her while her hair.

“I’m so-sorry, Okaa-san. I sh-should not show y-you my crying face.” She sobbed.

“It’s alright.” Rina assured her.

“Please be healthy, Okaa-san.” She asked her mother.

“Of course.I would be.” Her mother answered with a happy, yet lying tone.

Aoi stayed with her mother until 7PM. Her mother asked her to go home. She should be having her dinner already and the house should not be left empty especially during the night.

“Goodnight, Okaa-san.” She smiled at her mother.

“Goodnight, Aoi-chan.” Rina replied weakly.

Aoi went downstairs and reached the reception desk. She asked how much the bills of her mother would cost. The lady checked the records.

“It would be 550,000 Yen.” The receptionist answered.

Aoi nodded and thanked the receptionist. The lady smiled at her.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Aoi reached home safely and prepared dinner for herself. She kept thinking where she would get the money to pay for the hospital bills. Her income and her mother’s income combined won’t be enough. She needed to find a higher source of income, but how would she be able to find one? Plus, she’s just an incoming high school student.

 While eating her dinner, she the TV and saw the entertainment news.

An old man spoke in front of the camera. She read the name and found out that the man’s name is Johnny Kitagawa. She watched the interview.

“To everyone who are interested in being a star, come to the audition tomorrow at 9 in the morning. The AiMai members would be the judges themselves. Come and show all your talents.” Then the interview ended.

The announcement clicked to Aoi’s mind. She could cross-dress as a boy and be a star. A celebrity’s income would be enough to support her and her mother, not to mention the hospital bills. Late that night, she thought of vast ideas that she could make. Singing would not be a problem, since she was a member of the choir in her middle school days. She could dance a little. The problem is how to be able to convince the people that she’s a male.

“... I could be like Ashiya Mizuki.” She thought to herself.

Then her plan started to materialize. She got everything she needed. She spent all night thinking of what she should do. She practiced also. She needed to be the one to get the position. Aoi knew that there are a lot of boys who are aspiring to be famous. It would be selfish of her but she would not mind that fact this time. She badly needed this for her mother. Her plan must be executed properly tomorrow.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

A boy was walking in the streets of Tokyo. In reality, he’s not a boy. He’s Fuurin Aoi dressed in a male get-up. She wore the wig that she used during their school play. She got boy’s clothes from the pile of her cousin at their house that he used whenever he would be staying at their house. It’s a good thing that the clothes fit her, and her chest wasn’t a problem at all.

Aoi reached the agency and saw a long queue of people taking the audition.

“... AiMai might be a really famous group.” She thought to herself.

She had no idea about the famous celebrities in Japan. She only knows some of the dramas but never of the actors and actresses. She’s not really interested at them. It’s really ironic because she’s not interested in them yet she might be given the chance to join their world, of course in another person’s name. She saw a lot of fans being pushed by security guards. They are all forcing their way inside the audition hall. She joined the line and got a number, taking time to observe her surroundings. The place is really huge. She saw the judges’ table, where there were three chairs.

“... AiMai might have three members. Johnny Kitagawa said that they would be the judges.” She muttered to herself.

She was observing the place when she heard the girls screaming. She looked to where they are looking at and saw two boys of her age approaching the judges table. She admitted to herself that they’re really good-looking like Morimoto Ryutaro and Chinen Yuri. The tall boy sat on the farthest end while the shorter boy sat on the middle chair. Judging on his actions, he might be the leader of the group. He has an air of confidence in him that. The last chair was empty.

“... Who could be the third member?” She wondered.

She heard the tall boy speak in a microphone.

“Shall we begin then? Yama-chan.” Yuto asked to AiMai’s leader.

To be continued~