Trial

Lovelost Elegy

©Team AiMai

AmeDrops X KuronekoBurijio

Lovelost Elegy

Disclaimer: We do not own Hey! Say! JUMP or Johnny & Associates. All events are entirely fictional.

Lovelost Elegy Chapter 1: Trial

Today is as bustling as ever in the quick streets of Tokyo. Cars zoom past as people complain about how they’re late for work. As usual, the street is experiencing slight traffic.The train could be heard everywhere while it runs underneath. It’s 8am  already, and Fuurin Aoi is running late. The entrance exams at Kamikui Academy should have begun a while ago, and she knew it. She wouldn’t have been late if she didn’t help the little girl look for her missing doll in the park, but her instincts couldn’t help it.

“... Is this what I get for doing something good?” Aoi asked herself worriedly.

Aoi fairly wasn’t used to children shedding tears in front of her. She wanted to see smiles, not crying faces. Smiles were like sunshine to people who have lots of problems to deal with like her. On the top of that, she couldn’t blame anyone for her being late.  As she reached the front gate of Kamikui Academy panting from her run, she was awed with the intricate design of the school gate itself.

“Is this really a gate to a school?!! It looks like a gate for a castle!! Did I reach the right place?” She thought to herself while catching up with her breath.

 Right away, she recognized the famous falcon crest of the school embedded on the gate. She could see the arc with the sign “Kamikui Academy” printed on it. The crest was made from pure silver that it almost blinded the girl.

“This is the place..” Aoi muttered and gulped.

 She entered the gate since the small opening on it was accessible for her. The place looked quiet.

 “The examinees are already at their respective rooms taking the test...” She mumbled quietly.

 Suddenly, the guard by the gate yelled at her. He approached her with a stern look in his eyes. The guard was tall and armed.

“What are you doing here, miss?” the guard asked her sternly.

Aoi was flabbergasted and too nervous to answer. She stuttered. Nervousness attacked her since this was her first time being alone in an unfamiliar place. She just wasn’t used to being alone. Aoi stuttered, and wished her mother was with her.

“Uhmm... I’m here to take the entrance exams” she answered nervously.

“Miss, I’m afraid that I cannot let you inside anymore. All the students are already taking their respective entrance tests. The headmaster ordered that latecomers will not be entertained.” The guard apologized, yet there was hardly a tone of concern.

Aoi couldn’t believe what she had just heard. Her dreams of studying in an elite school were also her mother’s, only to be shattered because she was late. Aoi felt a swirl of emotions. She wanted to cry. She didn’t want things to end here.

“Can’t you reconsider this again?  Please...It is my dream to study here and I also want to do this for my mom. I want her to be happy, at least for the last time. Please. Can you allow me to take the exam? I promise I won’t disturb anyone.” she begged.

“I’ve already heard that kind of excuse among other latecomers, miss. That excuse is not anymore acceptable, furthermore, it isn’t convincing enough” the guard shot back at her with a voice of authority.

“ Isn’t convincing enough?!? He thinks I’m faking it! What the hell’s with him?!?” Aoi thought.

 

She continued to beg. It may already seem hopeless, yet she didn’t have the guts to stop. She wanted to do everything. She could understand the guard’s situation. He didn’t want to lose his job by pitying on her. The commotion was getting heated already. Two girls heard the commotion.

“What the hell’s happening there?” Izanami asked her companion, Fumiko

“I dunno...Why don’t we check it out? They’re loud. We better stop the commotion before it disturbs the examinees” Fumiko shrugged and agreed to approach them.

” Hey, look. The girl must be here to take the exams.” Izanami pointed.

 They could hear her pleading the guard to allow her to take the exam. She looked really desperate.

“Wow. She must be late or something. She’s really desperate.” Fumiko looked at Izanami with concern. Izanami just nodded and they continued to walk towards Aoi and the guard.

 

“Fujimoto-san, what’s wrong over there?” Izanami asked the guard with an air of confidence. Immediately, the guard ignored Aoi and bowed to the two seniors.

“G-Good morning, Takarada-sama, Morimoto-sama. This girl over here is too persistent. She’s blabbering about her dreams on studying here yet she came late for the exams. She has been begging to me to allow her to take the exams. Headmaster would scold me.” answered the guard with respect.

Aoi took time to observe Izanami and Fumiko. They’re very pretty, like models or even talent stars. Anyone could be enchanted on their appearance. They might be students here since they knew the guard and he knows them as well, not to mention that he regarded them with respect. The girl with the “Takarada” surname had a prominent feature: her short messy hair. The other girl, Morimoto, had long black hair like a hime-cut.

“Takarada: Short brown hair, Morimoto: Really long black hair” she told to herself.

 She heard their surnames before. She just couldn’t remember where. Takarada Izanami stared at her intensely. Immediately, Aoi blushed and looked away. She turned her back and walked slowly to the gate to take her leave. She was about to move out when he heard Izanami’s voice.

“Wait!” she grabbed Aoi by the shoulder.

 

Aoi stopped and shook. She turned around, and saw Izanami staring at her again. Aoi was panicked on the inside, regretting why she was late and why she had to be in such situation.

“What’s your name?” Izanami asked gently.

“F-Fuurin... Fuurin Aoi..,”Aoi shook, stuttering.

“You really want to study in this school?” Izanami asked her intently, and grabbed her hand. Aoi stared in bewilderment.

“Y-yes... But I can’t, right? Because the guard said I’m too late for the entrance exa—“ Aoi’s sentence was cut off when Morimoto Fumiko spoke to her

“...Come with us.”

 

To be continued.~