Aoi and Yura

Lovelost Elegy

©Team AiMai

AmeDrops X KuronekoBurijio

Lovelost Elegy

Disclaimer: We do not own Hey! Say! JUMP or Johnny & Associates. All events are entirely fictional.

Lovelost Elegy Chapter 8: Aoi and Yura

Aoi saw the guy on the middle nodded at the other boy’s question. The audition began. She watched every boy do their best in their performance yet they were all rejected. They also received harsh comments from the leader, Yamada Ryosuke, who was almost heartless as Chinen Yuri. Yuto couldn’t do anything but watch helplessly as Ryosuke delivered the harshest of words to the boys who failed the audition. The rejects growled and scoffed at them as they headed backstage. Ryosuke was already bored. No one got his attention.

“This is a big mistake.”  He said with a bored tone to Yuto dozing on his side.

“We just have to bear with it.” Yuto replied with a yawn.

Seconds later, It was Aoi’s turn. Nervousness creeped in her mind as she already thought of the things Ryosuke would say to her. By the time she already reached the stage, she could feel Yuto’s gaze and Yamada’s intense stare. It looks like Yamada is already in a bad mood and Yuto is already sleepy. She needed to do her best.

Aoi thought of her suffering mother and her powerful smile. It gave her a handful of confidence.

 “What’s your name?” Yuto asked.

“Fuurin Yura...” She replied with a confident tone while making it manly.

“Well, go on.” He said with a slight smile and nodded. Aoi sighed and clenched her fingers before singing “Light Lag” by Deco*27

They bloomed in vivid colors on the night sky
With the sound timidly  coming later
"This is just like you and me when we're on a date."
The light and the sound are like the two of us, so sadly out of sync.

 

Her angelic voice started rippling across the audition hall. Yuto’s drowsiness left him. He started focusing on Yura singing in front of them.

“... He has potential.” Yuto comically pointed at Yura and stammered at Ryosuke.


And yet, you say "How beautiful."
My heart pounds in my chest at the sight of the light from the fireworks dying in your 

cheeks.


By my side, you laugh  "This is also a firework, isn't it?"
Infected by your smile, I laugh as well, you're so close that I might reach out to hold you...In my hands
The rainbow-colored light  reflected from your white skin
And my heartbeats racing at the same time are just like...

 

Ryosuke stared at Yura. He could hear that his voice was something.

“A good catch” like Johnny would say...

He watched the boy as he sang the wonderful tune. He can’t help but admire his voice. He could add up to the group’s prowess. Ryosuke sat straight and checked his papers.

In the lukewarm wind of August
On the river bed where the bugs dance, we share a kiss
I try glaring at the mosquito landing on your hand
But my accelerating heart rate won't slow down

Every time the giant ball of fireworks dyes the sky in its color
Your face would look so adorable  and I'd blush


By my side, you laugh  "This is also a firework, isn't it?"
Infected by your smile, I laugh as well  you're so close that I might reach out to hold 

you in my arms
The rainbow-colored light  reflected from your white skin
And my heartbeats racing at the same time make a firework together

 

The light and the sound  you and me all become one
A quartet singing a song of love
In a quiet voice  I whisper to the fireworks
"Thank you, for helping me hide my cheeks blushing in crimson."

 

Yura’s performance ended with the crowd cheering for him. His level is not the same as the others who had auditioned. Emotions are swirling in every line of his song. The two AiMai members stared at him. Yuto was grinning at him while Ryosuke had a small smirk on his lips. Johnny Kitagawa heard this performance. It struck him. He smiled to himself and approached the judges’ table.

“Are you going to accept him? He’s a good catch if you would ask me, Yamada-kun.” He whispered to Yamada’s ear.

The boy nodded and looked at his friend. Yuto smiled at him. He looked at Yura.  

“Welcome to AiMai, Yura!” He happily announced and draped his arm on Aoi’s shoulder.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

In the afternoon, Aoi was so relieved at being able to pass the audition. With her in the AiMai group, surely she could pay the hectic bills right away. And speaking of her mother, she was the memory that saved her from Ryosuke’s harsh comments. One moment she was singing, and seconds later, Yuto Nakajima was grinning at her.

“... I hope that grin means a yes.” She said to herself.

However, she was confused with the decision of the other judge. Yamada Ryosuke was staring at her with a blank expression. This made her nervous. She couldn’t read whether he liked the performance or not. She watched the others who went before her. They received harsh comments.  And then there was also the old man who approached them. Apparently, he liked the results. Aoi recognized the old man as the same man who was announcing the other day.

“Welcome to AiMai, Fuurin.” He said to her.

Aoi felt relief and joy flooding her senses. She couldn’t believe that she made it. She’s very glad that through this, she would be able to support her sick mother whom she cares the most in the world. Without thinking, Aoi ran to the stage and bowed to the judges. Yuto nodded and smiled at her. Ryosuke just pierced her with his gaze as she   went to the side of the stage. Johnny Kitagawa approached her. He outstretched his hand, and Aoi happily took it.

“It’s nice to meet you, Yura-kun. I’m Johnny Kitagawa.” He said while shaking her hand.

She bowed to him.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Johnny-san. I’m Ao—er, Yura.” She almost slipped.

The old man smiled at her. He got a paper from his pocket and handed it to her.

“Tomorrow would be your contract signing. It would be at 8. Don’t be late. This is my calling card.” He smiled.

“Ye-yes. Thank you ve-very much.” She stuttered and embraced Johnny for joy.

“See you tomorrow, Yura-kun.” And the old man went out of her sight.

To be continued~