Kamikui Academy and the Perks of Chinen Yuri

Lovelost Elegy

©Team AiMai

AmeDrops X KuronekoBurijio

Lovelost Elegy

Disclaimer: We do not own Hey! Say! JUMP or Johnny & Associates. All events are entirely fictional.

Lovelost Elegy Chapter 16: Kamikui Academy and the Perks of Chinen Yuri

Aoi looked at herself in the mirror. She adjusted her ribbon and fixed her skirt. This is her first day of school, and the first day that she would finally be living her dream of studying in an elite school. Seeing that everything is fixed, she ran down the banister and greeted her mother. The two ate breakfast heartily. As soon as Aoi noticed the time, she bit the toast off and ran to the door.

“Good luck, Aoi-chan!” Her mother said while handing her a lunch box.

“Thank you, okaa-san. Don’t forget to drink you medicine and don’t strain yourself.” She reminded her as the girl wore her loafers in a quick pace.

“I will.” Rina said with a smile. She hugged her child.

“Be careful.” She reminded Aoi.

Aoi nodded and waved at her.

“Love you, Okaa-san!”

Aoi’s training finally ended and this weekend, she would formally meet her band mates. It made her nervous and excited at the same time. But then again, she must not trouble herself with her job and school. Another worse scenario would be bumping into Chinen Yuri.

“... I must be careful.” She told herself as she ran to the sidewalk.

The different sounds of the Tokyo streets greeted her and basked in morning glory. The trains, the cars, and the chit chat of the citizens. Aoi gave no heed to them as she arrived at the gate of Kamikui Academy. Limousines zoomed past her and out came students adorned with riches and whatnot. All of them are wearing the same uniform as hers but they have expensive accessories adorning their bodies. Rolex watches, Chanel Bags, expensive gadgets, jewelleries and a lot more.

“... Rich kids.” She muttered.

She entered the jam packed gate and stood there waiting for further instructions when she heard someone calling her name.

“Aoi-chan!” Mieko called.

Aoi turned to face her and she received a big hug from Mieko.

“It’s been a while!” Mieko said cheerfully.

“Good morning, Mieko-chan.” Aoi said cheerfully.

Mieko smiled at her. She noticed that Mieko wasn’t alone. A familiar tall boy was with her.

“... Nakajima Yuto.” She told herself as she saw the face of the boy.

“Yutorin, why don’t you introduce yourself? She’s my friend.” Mieko told Yuto.

Yuto outstretched his hand.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Nakajima Yuto.” He introduced himself with a smile.

Aoi took Yuto’s outstretched hand and introduced herself. She could tell that Yuto is kind and furthermore, he’s also Mieko’s friend. She only needed to worry about the two other member of AiMai who have the same feathers. Aoi remembered that Yuto is good friends with Yuri. Nakajima Yuto was on her checklist on the people she needed to avoid. Luckily, Yuto suddenly excused himself.

“I’m going first. They’re already inside.” Yuto said with a smile and walked away. Mieko waved him goodbye as she tiptoed to see where he was.

Aoi was relieved. The two started to walk in front of the gymnasium when they saw a group of seniors. She saw Izanami among them.

“Aoi-chan, I’m going to greet Nori-senpai. Would you like to come with me?” Mieko asked her as she grabbed Aoi’s hand.

Aoi nodded. She also wanted to greet Izanami and Fumiko since the two have been kind to her. They started walking to them when she saw Yuri, Ryosuke, Yuto and Ryutaro having a conversation with both Izanami and Fumiko. Even in uniform, Yuri looked noticeably good and dashing. Aoi gulped and stopped on her tracks. She was about to turn her back when the seniors noticed them approaching.

“Aoi-chan!” Izanami hugged her. Yuri noticed Aoi too, and stared wildly at her.

“Izanami-senpai.” She greeted with a nervous tone. She could see that Yuri’s gaze is still focused on her.

“Iza-senpai, you knew her?” Yuri asked.

“Ah, yes. You should introduce yourself.” Izanami answered.

“No need, we knew each other already. Right, Fuurin Aoi-san?” He said with a teasing tone. Izanami looked at him strangely.

Aoi nodded, frightened. He also caught Ryutaro’s motioning. He was mouthing to her “Be careful”. Aoi nodded. Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard Mieko’s voice.

“Nori-senpai!” She hugged the senior beside Izanami.

“Mieko-chan! Have you been a good girl lately?” Noriko asked with a mother-like tone.

“Of course, I am.” Mieko answered like a good kid.

Aoi smiled at this sight.

“Ms. President, you’re also a babysitter to Mie-chan.” The senior beside Yuto teased.

Noriko faced Hikaru and glared.

“Shut up! You’re just jealous. Why don’t you babysit Yuto-kun?” Noriko teased sarcastically while patting Mieko’s head.

“Whatever you say.” Hikaru chuckled while putting his hands on Yuto’s shoulders.

“Ah, is that Aoi-chan?” Fumiko called from behind.

Aoi smiled at Fumiko. She also received a hug from Ryutaro’s older sister.

“You should enjoy your first day here.” Fumiko said to her.

Aoi nodded. Deep inside, she was unconvinced. With Yuri on her path, how could she enjoy?!

Aoi turned and gasped comically when she saw Yuri still staring at her evilly.

“Chii, you should stop that. You might scare her.” Izanami hit Yuri lightly on the shoulder.

Yuri just grinned and went beside Yuya. Izanami became puzzled. She looked from Aoi and Yuri. She could already guess what was between the two.

“If anything happens, just come to me.” She whispered to Aoi while patting her cheeks.

Aoi just nodded. They all heard the bell and they entered the gymnasium. She went in the freshmen’s line with Mieko but she could still feel the gaze of Yuri from behind. She decided to ignore it and assured herself that nothing bad could happen in an assembly. Finally, they were arranged by their section.

“Thank goodness...” She sighed as she saw her name in class 1-A, and not a Yuri in sight. Her classmates were Mieko, Ryutaro, and a guy named Keito. Mieko grabbed her and off they went to their selected sections.

To be continued~