Barriers

Lovelost Elegy

©Team AiMai

AmeDrops X KuronekoBurijio

Lovelost Elegy

Disclaimer: We do not own Hey! Say! JUMP or Johnny & Associates. All events are entirely fictional.

Lovelost Elegy Chapter 41: Barriers

Fumiko stood smiling when she saw Kei laughing along with guests. In parties like this, Kei would often sulk in a couch or so, avoiding contact.

“Aww, feeling so lonely because your fiancé isn’t with you?” A sarcastic tone hummed behind her. Fumiko turned around and was surprised when Saeko intentionally spilled the contents of her wine glass. Saeko wasn’t finished, and slapped Fumiko hard on the face, making the other girl fall backwards.

“Hmm, I think your makeover is done, princess~” Saeko smirked and walked away. Murmurs and whispers were heard around the area as Saeko left. Most of them were horrid words about the girl who just spilled a glassful of wine at Fumiko. Fumiko, however, was in the verge of tears as she helplessly wiped her face when someone offered his hand.

“S-Saiga-kun...” She muttered and took his hand gratefully. Hiroki smiled and held her close. The two walked outside where Hiroki offered his handkerchief.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there earlier...” Hiroki apologised and wiped Fumiko’s teary eyes with his thumb.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Kei was with Yuya when he noticed a girl from afar soaked with purple liquid. Around her was a crowd of whispering guests who shot glares at Saeko, who was walking towards Kei. Kei recognized the girl from afar as Fumiko. The boy was about to walk towards her when another man suddenly appeared and helped her up.

“Kei, let’s walk outside.” Saeko offered and held her boyfriend lovingly. Kei glared at her and pulled her to a corner.

“Hey! Let go of me, Kei! What gives?!” Saeko tried to shake her hands free. Kei let go of her hands and looked at her intently.

“Are you the one who did that to Fumiko?” He pointed at Fumiko and the other man’s retreating figure. Saeko placed her hands on her hips dominantly.

“C’mon, Kei. You do know that’s what you really wanted, didn’t you?” Saeko protested flirtatiously. The boy sighed until Inoo Kaoru, his mother, called him unexpectedly.

 “Kei, come here for a second.” His mother ordered him quietly and gave a glance at Saeko. Kei sighed and did what he was told.

“I want that girl out of this hall this instant.” His mother whispered angrily as Fumiko and Ryutaro’s parents looked at them helplessly.

“Kei-kun, you already have a fiancée... Why is that girl here?” Morimoto Kimiko, Fumiko and Ryutaro’s mother, said with a sad tone. Kei sighed deeply with guilt.

“Auntie, Mom. You do know that I and Fumi are nothing but childhood friends. I don’t have feelings for her, yet you pushed me into this dumb engagement and this is what happens.” Kei explained bluntly. Fumiko’s parents gave him a hard look.

“Kaoru-san, we’ll have to deal with this later. Right now, what your girlfriend did to our daughter was unacceptable. I’ll leave the rest of the matters with you and your girlfriend, Kei.” Morimoto Kurosaki, Fumiko and Ryutaro’s father crossed his arms and eyed Kei.

Kei shook his head in dismay at the trouble he had caused. His mother looked at him sternly and walked towards Saeko.

 “What’s your name?” Kaoru asked with a serious tone.

“I-i’m Kei’s classmate.” Saeko said nervously.

“I’m asking your name.” Kaoru replied with an impatient tone. Kei could only watch beside his mother.

“Ta-takahata Saeko.”

“Takahata? I want you out of our house.” Kaoru ordered and soon, Saeko strutted out of the Inoo’s residence.

Kaoru glared at her son.

“A serious talk, we need, son. Matters like this aren’t to be left behind easily.” She told Kei.  

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Mitsuko sighed deeply while staring at the stack of books her father handed her. more books came and her father smiled at her helplessly. Mitsuko buried her head underneath the mess of books.

 

“Vater, Können wir nicht zurück nach Österreich? Diese japanische Ding bringt mich um, und ich vermisse meine Freunde in Salzburg ...” (Dad, Can’t we go back to Austria? This Japanese thing is killing me, and I really miss my friends in Salzburg...) Mitsuko groaned in exhaustion.

 

 "Es tut mir leid, Schatz. Aber Mama ist wirklich eine harte Zeit Aufrechterhaltung uns in Österreich. Sie müssen wissen, was in Salzburg und Wien Recht geschieht? Die politischen Unruhen werden nicht aufhören, dass bald wissen Sie ..." (I’m sorry, darling. But Mom is really having a hard time maintaining us in Austria. You do know what’s happening in Salzburg and Vienna right? The political unrest won’t stop that soon you know...) Mitsuko’s father patted her soft bubbly cheeks. Mitsuko sighed in despair.

 “Ich bin sicher, dass Sie es tun können.” (I’m sure you can do it) Her father smiled and left.  

“Ich hoffe so.” (I hope so) She sighed ad looked out of the window helplessly as nostalgia began to fill her mind. Reading books wasn’t so bad, but the poor girl doesn’t even know how to read kanji or memorize characters that quickly. Mitsuko’s thoughts suddenly stopped when she thought about her seatmate back at school.

"Er ist sehr nett, und er versteht mich ... Aber wie kann er fließend Englisch sprechen, dass, wenn er in Japan ist?"

(He’s very nice, and he understands me... But how can he speak English that fluently when he’s in japan??) Mitsuko wondered as she thought about Keito.

To be continued~