Chances and Luck

Lovelost Elegy

©Team AiMai

AmeDrops X KuronekoBurijio

Lovelost Elegy

Disclaimer: We do not own Hey! Say! JUMP or Johnny & Associates. All events are entirely fictional.

Lovelost Elegy Chapter 2: Chances and Luck

“C’mon, we’ll help you take the exams” Fumiko placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Yeah, you’ll see how we make things work around here.” Izanami winked. Together, they walked to the admissions office. The guard didn’t have the guts to talk back and protest, instead, he coughed uncomfortably.

“Bye, Fuji-san!” the two seniors waved at the guard.

Aoi couldn’t believe what she had just heard. Would she be allowed to take the exams even if she was late? What can these two upperclassmen do with their power and authority?

“... It’s like Hana Yori Dango~ Students can control schools too...” She thought to herself. Like any other teen, she was fascinated with dramas.

“... Aoi, you’re very lucky today. You better not disappoint Takarada-senpai and Morimoto-senpai. They’re very kind. Do your best!” she said to herself.

The walk to the buildings was quite awkward since she just followed Izanami and Fumiko. She wanted to thank them  or at least strike a conversation on the way but she wasn’t able to do that because they looked too engrossed with their own conversation. She doesn’t have the nerve to interrupt, and besides... She had no idea what they were talking about. She kept her head down and shut and observed the surroundings around her. There were lots of statues.

“This really is a school for the classy and elite...” Aoi muttered.

She could see the colourful flowers all over the topiaries. The buildings look elegant even from afar. They’re really huge. She can’t help but think of how many students she would encounter. The feeble freshman continued gawking on the school grounds until she saw a huge building with the familiar falcon crest embedded on it’s pavement. Izanami and Fumiko motioned her to come inside with them once they opened the door. Past the door, there was a huge room that was well furnished. More like a living room than a lounge. Izanami noticed Aoi observing the place in amazement. She smiled at the girl’s reaction.

“If you pass the test, we’d be more than happy to tour you around, our little kouhai~” Fumiko patted her head and told her affectionately. Aoi blushed and smiled under her scarf.

“This is the lounge.” Izanami told her while sitting comfortably on one of the couches. 

Fumiko crossed her arms as if she was expecting something from Izanami.

“It seems that we have forgotten to introduce ourselves to our guest, Nami...” Fumiko sighed disappointedly. Immediately, Izanami stood up and faced Aoi.

“N-Nice to meet you, Fuurin Aoi-chan. I’m Takarada Izanami, a senior here.” Izanami stammered with an outstretched hand. Aoi took Izanami’s hand awkwardly and shook it. Izanami giggled at her previous .

“I’m Morimoto Fumiko, also a senior.” Fumiko greeted with the same gesture as Izanami. Aoi also took Fumiko’s hand.

“Ni..nice to meet you too, Takarada-senpai, Morimoto-senpai. Th-thank you for helping me a-a while ago.” Aoi stuttered nervously. Fumiko smiled at Aoi.

“You don’t need to be so formal. You could call us by our first names. I prefer to be called Fumiko, if you don’t mind. I’ll get mistaken for my little brother if you call me Morimoto, since we are both Morimoto’s, after all...” Fumiko requested.

“Y-yes. Of course, Fumiko-senpai.” Aoi answered awkwardly.

“Eh, she referred to us as senpai? That’s sweet of you, Aoi-chan.” Izanami commented. Aoi blushed at their response. The two girls smiled at Aoi’s reaction.

“You can have..” Izanami’s words were cut off when the door opened. A handsome boy at Aoi’s age entered the room. He could be a school prince if he would be able to make it in Kamikui. Plus, he had the same royal-like aura of Fumiko.  

“Ryu, you’re late. Where have you been?” Fumiko asked with a concerned.

“Sorry, Fumi-nee. I didn’t notice the time when I was strolling outside.” The boy answered apologetically.

“... So he’s Fumiko-senpai’s younger brother. No wonder they have the same aura.” Aoi thought to herself and nodded slightly.

“Ryu, why don’t you introduce yourself? This is Fuurin Aoi. she would be taking the exams with you upstairs if you don’t mind.” Fumiko looked at her brother with a smile.

Ryutaro looked at Aoi and smiled.

“Nice to meet you, Fuurin-san. I’m Morimoto Ryutaro. I’m also an incoming freshman just like you.” He said with an outstretched hand.

Aoi took his hand and introduced herself. She stared at Ryutaro. He and Fumiko don’t look very much alike but they share the same gentle eyes. She kept staring at Ryutaro until he caught her gaze and smiled. Aoi blushed and felt like an idiot. She just couldn’t believe that she met three dazzling people in one day. How many more were out here?

“I hope I get lucky...” Aoi mumbled to herself with a sigh.

“Aoi-san, shall we go upstairs now?” Ryutaro requested. Aoi nodded. They went up silently. By the time they reached the 2nd floor, Ryutaro and Aoi stopped walking.

“Welcome to the Student Council Room, Fuurin-san.”

“Wow... The student council room is so big!” She told Ryutaro with an excited tone in her voice. Together, they entered the student assessment room and saw a lady in her mid thirties comfortably seated in one of the armchairs. A timer hung around her neck.

“Morimoto-sama, you’re pretty late. What happened?” the lady asked with respect.

“Ebina-san, Ryu would do. My sister also studies here. Sorry, I’m late. I didn’t notice the time while strolling outside.” Ryutaro bowed back with respect.

“Ah, Ryu-sama, and who is this dashing girl with you?” Ebina smiled at the sight of Aoi.

“She’s Fuurin Aoi. She’s also taking the exam. Iza-nee and Fumi-nee helped her a while ago because she was also late.” explained Ryutaro.

“Oh, I see. Nice to meet you, Aoi-chan. I’m Mogami Ebina, an admission officer here.” Ebina introduced herself politely.

“Ni-nice to meet you too, Ebina-san.”

“What an adorable and good kid... Why don’t the two of you take your seats so that you could already begin the test? By the way, Ryu-sama, I expect Chinen-sama would be taking the exam with you?” Ebina asked Ryutaro.

“Chii can’t make it today. He has a tight schedule. He’ll be taking it some other time.”

“... Chinen? I’m sure I’ve heard that name somewhere before. Tight schedule? How come a student has a tight schedule? I could never understand the world of the rich.” Aoi said to herself.

“Well, if that’s the case then. Let’s begin. Good luck! I hope to see you soon.” Ebina wished them luck.

“ Good luck, Fuurin-san.” Ryutaro threw a thumbs up to Aoi with a smile.

“You too, Morimoto-kun.” Aoi smiled back

To be continued~