Enter Hihara and Yaotome

Lovelost Elegy

©Team AiMai

AmeDrops X KuronekoBurijio

Lovelost Elegy

Disclaimer: We do not own Hey! Say! JUMP or Johnny & Associates. All events are entirely fictional.

Lovelost Elegy Chapter 31: Enter Hihara and Yaotome

Hihara Noriko sighed in boredom as the math teacher in front of them were delivering a primitive speech about trigonometry and basic calculus. The girl felt annoyed when she tried looking at the back seat, where Yaotome Hikaru was staring at her in a strange yet fretful manner. She glared at him and went back into doodling on her math notes.

Enter Hihara Noriko, the next in line Student council president together with Yaotome Hikaru as her Vice President. She could only cry tears of joy and sigh in annoyance at the same time.

“He looks like an idiot, acts like an idiot, and yet he managed to drag himself to the position of vice president....” She thought to herself and scoffed.

Math class finally ended and Noriko rushed to the Student council room, only to find Fumiko and Kei, but not her vice president.

“Where is the bloody slacker the bimbos voted as my vice?” Noriko demanded sarcastically.

“Haven’t seen him since break time, Hihara.” Kei answered without looking at Noriko.

She stamped her foot and cursed loudly, alarming Kei and Fumiko’s dogs, and the chubby cat who just started to scrape its way to her leg.

“Sorry about that, did I startle you?” She purred to the cat as Noriko picked her up.

The cat purred affectionately and rubbed it’s cheek. The door suddenly opened, revealing the person Noriko was expecting to see. The cat hissed rather disturbingly.

“The heck? All of us have dogs, but not a bloody cat! Aren’t you even considerate enough that the pets in the room might fight because of that?!” Hikaru pointed at the cat accusingly.

“It’s because I want to.” Noriko answered coldly.

“Whatever, Miss President.” Hikaru said and sat down on his usual seat beside Kei.

“Work, you slacker!” She banged her hands on the table, alarming Fumiko.

“Fine.” Hikaru sighed, fiddling with the papers.

Noriko gently put down Burichan on the floor beside Mochi and sat down on her seat. She looked at the pile of work before her and sighed deeply.

“Don’t be stressed out, Miss President.” Hikaru chimed in.

Noriko rolled her eyes and started working. To avoid the idiot seemed to be a hassle. They grew up together, ate at the same lunch area, studied at the same classroom.

“ I so can’t wait for college. I’ll be out of this hellhole in no time...” Noriko smiled to herself.

While the four of them were busy with their own pile of work, Hikaru stretched his arms, yawned, and fiddled with Noriko’s long black hair. The girl turned to him and slapped his palms.

“Don’t touch me, Yaotome!” She hissed.

Hikaru just smirked at her and this made her twitch in annoyance then they started to bicker.

“Now you’re really acting like your cat, Nori...” Hikaru snickered.

“Shut up, and don’t call me ‘Nori’. I’m barely even friends with you.” Noriko pushed him back violently.

“Aww, we’ve known each other for a long time, and you don’t consider me as a friend?” Hikaru joked. The two started bickering all over again and soon, the room was full of swears and screams. 

 Kei and Fumiko just sighed on their seats and ignored the bickering duo in front of them. They’ve dealt with it for a long time, anyway.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Aoi was walking around the hallway when she noticed Burichan sitting outside the door of the student council room. The girl could hear swearing inside the said room and decided to shrug it all off. Burichan, however, was following her and purred without end.

“Aww, you hungry? Lemme check my knapsack for something...” Aoi offered and rubbed Burichan’s soft chin. The girl fished out a leftover: a small piece of uneaten rice cake and a bottle of soymilk. The cat jumped for joy at the sight of the soymilk, and dug in.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Takaki Yuya fixed his uniform uneasily as he knocked on the directress’ door.

“Come in.” A woman’s voice said kindly.

“Why did you call for me?” He asked.

“Ah, there you are.” She said when she saw the one who just entered.

Yuya waited for his mother to answer his question but she didn’t answer it. He just sat on one of the chairs and made himself comfortable. He fiddled on the pens that were laid before him on his mother’s table.

“I called you because I want you to deliver this message to the student council members that the acquaintance party would be held in two weeks.” She happily announced.

Yuya raised his eyebrows.

“... Why would she call me? She should have called Noriko.” He thought to himself.

“And the theme would be masquerade.” She added.

“Why did you call for me instead of Noriko?” He asked curiously.

His mother smiled at him. She got up from her chair and paced behind it.

“I just want to check on my own son.” She uttered.

Yuya’s expression contorted into a puzzled one.

“Why?” He asked.

“Izanami told me you were still womanizing...” His mother crossed her arms and smiled at his son.

Yuya chuckled at her question. He got up from his seat and motioned to the door.

“I’ll deliver your message, Mama.” He said and left.

The school directress sighed deeply and slumped on her chair.

“I do hope he’ll have time to change this attitude of his...”

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Yuya reached the door of the student council room and could hear Noriko and Hikaru bickering in loud voices inside. He sighed.

“... Like birds of a feather...” Yuya muttered to himself.

The four student council members were surprised to see Yuya standing on the doorway.

“So it’s just you, Takagi.” Kei said with a smirk.

Yuya glared at Kei. The nickname sounded offending.

“I just came to deliver a message from my beloved mother.” He announced.

Noriko was about to punch Hikaru on the face when they heard Yuya.

“She said that the acquaintance party would be held in two weeks and the theme is masquerade.”

“Well, that would be interesting. Shall we announce it first thing tomorrow?” Noriko asked, dropping Hikaru violently on the floor.

Yuya nodded and sat on the couch.

“Looks like I could have fun on that event.” He chuckled.

Noriko rolled her eyes.

“Old habits die hard, right, Nori?” Fumiko sighed helplessly at Noriko.

To be continued~