Cat Issues

Lovelost Elegy

©Team AiMai

AmeDrops X KuronekoBurijio

Lovelost Elegy

Disclaimer: We do not own Hey! Say! JUMP or Johnny & Associates. All events are entirely fictional.

Lovelost Elegy Chapter 37: Cat Issues

Noriko felt Hikaru’s motorbike accelerating. The girl gripped tightly on HIkaru’s jacket and dug her nails deep on it. Hikaru smirked at himself.

“... Where are we going?” Noriko wondered as the engine slowed down. They found themselves in an empty park with the soft cool breeze of the afternoon.

“Don’t you think this place look great?” Hikaru asked her, stretching his arms wide.

“Where is this place?” She asked back.

“Just consider it as my sanctuary. You’re really lucky. You’re the first person I brought here.” Hikaru answered.

Noriko blushed at Hikaru’s words.

“... First person?” She thought

Hikaru sat down under a tree facing the sunset. He motioned her to sit down with him. Noriko hesitated for a while but she saw the beautiful scenery in front of her so she joined him.

“I’ve always wanted to watch the sunset with you.” Hikaru muttered softly. Noriko looked at him with a puzzled expression.

“What do you mean?” She asked while searching his face for answers. Hikaru didn’t answer and instead continued to watch as the sun goes down, bathing in marvellous lights.

“... I wonder what this idiot is thinking right now.” Noriko said to herself while looking secretly at Hikaru, then back to the sunset.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The next day, Kei, Fumiko, Hikaru and Noriko were doing their usual pile of work when the door discreetly opened. Three people were alarmed, but not Hikaru, who was trying to finish his pile. The intruder was no other than his mother, Yaotome Haruhi. She was strolling along the school while bringing in her luggage. She smiled at the alarmed three and motioned them to keep quiet.

The three pretended to do their work while they watched as Haruhi walked towards the un-mindful Yaotome with a small kitten in her hands. She was about to greet him when the cat suddenly purred.

“AAHHHH!!” Hikaru screamed on top of his lungs when he saw a kitten right in front of him. He looked up and saw his mother laughing at his reaction.

“Still afraid of cats, eh, Hika-chan?” Haruhi exclaimed while laughing.

Hikaru pouted while staring nervously at the kitten looking straight at him with googly eyes.

“Don’t you find Chibi cute?” Haruhi asked.

“Gross, ma!” Hikaru shook his head violently. Noriko picked up Burichan and tried to freak him out again. Another din formed inside the student council room, and soon, was filled with laughter.

“It’s been awhile since I saw you, guys. Look how you’ve grown!” Haruhi greeted, pinching Fumiko and Kei’s cheeks.  

“Long time no see, Auntie. Where have you been?” Noriko walked towards her, arms wide open.

“Nori-chan! I missed you! I came from Europe, and I’m going to stay here for a little while~” Hikaru’s mother chimed.

“Hey, mum. Did you just get back?” Hikaru asked.

“Well, I can’t help but get homesick, dear.” She admitted, kissing Hikaru on the cheek.

Chibi, the cat, was sitting on the pile of papers Hikaru was working on with Burichan, playing with a fountain pen.

“I just came back. I headed here straight from the airport.” Haruhi answered while smiling at her son. It’s been awhile since she saw Hikaru.

“Aren’t you going to visit dad?” He asked.

“Why don’t we go now and visit him together? It’s been awhile since I had a ride with you.” Haruhi requested.

Hikaru sighed.

“I’m going ahead. I’ll finish them tomorrow.” He said and gave a wink at Noriko which made her raise her eyebrows. He chuckled and left with his mother.

“What is that wink supposed to mean?” Noriko crossed his arms and asked Fumiko.

“Nori-chan, you’re his date for the masquerade, right?” Fumiko asked with a smile.

“What’s the difference? It’s only one night.” Noriko shrugged with an irritated tone. Fumiko just smiled at her and went back to her work.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

“It’s been a while since I saw you and Hikari.” Haruhi admitted with a concerned tone.

“I’m doing fine, mum. And Hikari’s great, too. Anyway, what are you planning to do with that?” He asked while pointing accusingly at Chibi.

“Aww, you’re ever so mean with cats. It’s a gift for your sis. Her name’s Chibi~” Haruhi said while playing with the cat’s paws.

“Whatever. What are you going to do with that?” Hikaru asked.

“Riri-chan requested me to bring home a kitten.” Haruhi answered.

“Hikari? Would she be able to take care of that?” Hikaru asked with his eyebrows raised. Haruhi looked at his son.

“It’s your baby sister’s request and we have maids.” Haruhi said.

Hikaru sighed.

“I hate cats...” He muttered to himself and went on driving.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The two finally arrived back at the Yaotome residence. Hikaru discreetly opened the door and quietly went inside.

“I guess Hikari’s asleep...” Hikaru muttered, until a four year old girl suddenly opened the lights and rushed to her mother.

“I missed you, kaa-chan!” She said cheerfully.

Haruhi patted her daughter’s head and gave her Chibi.

“That’s the cat you requested.” She said with a smile.
“I’ll take good care of her.” Hikari said with a smile as she hugged the cat.

Haruhi smiled at her daughter lovingly and proceeded to her husband’s study.

“Nii-chan, welcome home.” Hikari said while smiling at her older brother. Hikaru smiled at her, but frowned when he saw the cat. Chibi and Hikaru stared at each other intensely and there was a mutual feeling of an angry aura.

“Nii-chan, you’ll scare her!” She scolded her brother.

Hikaru sighed and sat down on their sofa. Hikari followed him and sat beside him.

“Nii-chan, why do you hate cats? Noriko-neechan has one. You love her, right?” Hikari asked bluntly, staring at her brother.

To be continued~