The Mask Where Hikaru’s Love Hides

Lovelost Elegy

©Team AiMai

AmeDrops X KuronekoBurijio

Lovelost Elegy

Disclaimer: We do not own Hey! Say! JUMP or Johnny & Associates. All events are entirely fictional.

Lovelost Elegy Chapter 38: The Mask Where Hikaru’s Love Hides

Hikaru sighed, his head spinning after what Hikari announced earlier.

“You love her, right?”

The boy stared at his mask and checked the clock. Exactly 4:30. Any minute, he would tell her everything.

Hikaru will be telling Noriko everything he ever felt about her.

“Noriko, If only you know how much this thing’s getting difficult for me...” Hikaru muttered.

= =  = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =  = = =

Noriko stood by the mirror, shocked by her own reflection, a glittery, girly baby blue dress and a mask. She stared at herself and blushed when she realized that Hikaru would see her in such an unusual state since she’s always portrayed as cold and strict, especially to Hikaru.

“The point of a masquerade is being another person. The only time that you could remove your mask is when the clock ticks midnight.” Noriko smirked at herself as she puts her mask on.

Noriko’s chaperone arrived one hour later, and they sped away to the academy. Once she got down, everyone seemed unrecognizable. Noriko didn’t even know who’s who as she desperately tried to look for Fumiko, Reiko, or Izanami at least. She took off her mask, and a soft tap on her shoulder alerted her.

 “You look beautiful today.” Hikaru said to her with a grin. Noriko’s eyes widened as she noticed the changes in Hikaru’s actions. The gentlemanly facade, he even offered to adjust Noriko’s mask for her.

“Whoa...” Noriko thought, grinning stupidly.

Hikaru offered his hands as Hikaru motioned her to step outside with him.

“Shall we go outside?” He asked with a smile. Noriko took Hikaru’s offered hand. Deep inside Noriko’s mask, she was already blushing.

“I’d like to dance with you, alone.” Hikaru declared, whispering. Without another word, he pulled her into a waltz. Noriko felt weird, but had a tricky plan in her head.

The two were dancing along the soft tempo of the music, but Noriko was uselessly trying to step on Hikaru’s foot. The boy, however, was too ingenious to let her be.

Noriko and Hikaru’s dancing was suddenly interrupted when they heard Reiko screaming back inside. The dance hall’s music suddenly changed into a fast tempo Bossa Nova music. Reiko was dancing with a masked boy in a frenzy tango as Reiko was forced to slide, swirl and follow every move of her unknown date.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Fumiko stepped outside, longing for a bit of fresh air. The girl started to breathe heavily as her chest started to hurt. Tears flowed from her eyes, but after a while, everything seemed much better when her lungs kept calm. Fumiko removed her heels and watched the early moon barefooted.  Just then, a plate of food interrupted her. She looked at her left, and saw Izanami with her mask off, too.

 “Why aren’t you inside?” She asked.

“I don’t love events like these. What about you?” Izanami asked back.

“I think my asthma’s attacking me again...” She admitted.

“Are you alright?” Izanami asked with a worried tone.

Fumiko nodded and smiled.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Kei looked bored as he sat beside Saeko and her band of friends. Saeko, too, was bored.

“Aren’t you going to ask for a dance?” She asked. Kei looked at her and shook his head.

Saeko sighed deeply and stood up.

“I’m going to get us some food.” She said and left. Kei sighed and stared at the people dancing in the room. He looked desperate to see somebody.

“I wonder if she came...” Kei shook his head and scoffed at his own remark.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Noriko stared at her surroundings in confusion. As soon as they went out of the party hall, Hikaru led her to the school’s gazebo. She could hear the faint sounds of the party. Noriko was alone as she waited patiently for Hikaru’s return. She heard a rustling sound, which made her turn. Behind her, was Hikaru unmasked, holding a large bouquet of roses.  The strict president felt her feet frozen when she realized Hikaru was staring at her. the boy kept calm, walked towards her, and knelt down as he held her hands.

“Hihara Noriko, will you go out with me?” Hikaru caressed her hand. Noriko, however, didn’t remove her bewildered gaze. Then she did something unexpected and uncanny.

Noriko pulled Hikaru in a tight embrace, and the answer was clearly a yes.

She could feel the warmth of Hikaru’s body in her. Hikaru smiled and embraced her, taking off her mask. They broke from the embrace.  

“I love you, Ms. President....” He whispered in Noriko’s ear.

Noriko felt hot tears streaming down her face as she caresses Hikaru’s face.

 “I love you too...” She whispered.

To be continued~