Letter

Lovelost Elegy

©Team AiMai

AmeDrops X KuronekoBurijio

Lovelost Elegy

Disclaimer: We do not own Hey! Say! JUMP or Johnny & Associates. All events are entirely fictional.

Lovelost Elegy Chapter 4- Letter

Yuri fished out his phone from his pocket and saw the caller ID. To his surprise, it was none other than his...

“...Mom? Why would she call me?” He frowned and pressed the call button.

He excused himself from his friends and walked to the far corner of the room.

“Hey, Mom.” He greeted.

“Yuri, Is your work finished already?” Chinen Miki asked with a sweet tone.

“Yeah, why? Is there anything you need?” he asked.

“I just came back from New York. Let’s have dinner together. It’s been months since I last saw you. I missed you.”

“Sure. I guess. What time would we meet?”

“ Let’s meet at Empire Hotel at 6 if that’s okay with you.”

“Sure. I’ll be there.”

Yuri smiled warmly with excitement racing to his heart. He missed his parents.

“Bye, Yuri. Take care of yourself, son.” Then the line died.

It’s been months since he last saw his parents since they were always on business trips. They rarely sleep in the house unlike the old days. They’d often visit Yuri but immediately bid goodbye to leave for another country.

“...I bet their life’s really boring...” He thought to himself.

He went back to their table and finished his cappuccino and bade goodbye to his friends.

“Aww, man. Leaving so soon, though? Send my regards to your mum though!” Yuto waved at him as Yuri left. Yuri waved back to him.

The boy wasted no time hailing a taxi driver and ordered him to drive to their mansion. To his relief, the driver just did as he was told. As he arrived home, he took a quick shower and wore his formal clothes.

“It’s been long since I wore this stuff... it’s a miracle the thing still fits...” he sneered at himself while looking at the mirror. He left the room quickly and dashed to the car, ordering the driver to the empire hotel.

~5:55 PM

 “Long time no see, Yuri.” his mother greeted.

“Hey, Mum. You too...” He greeted back with his smile.

“I missed that smile of yours. Surely, it makes the girls’ hearts melt.” His mother teased.

“Er, I don’t smile much like this, though...” Yuri scratched his head and laughed.

The two ordered their meals. However, when the food came, they started eating silently.

“Yuri, does anyone catch your attention yet?” she suddenly asked him out of the blue.

“What kind of question is that, mom? I’m not interested in anyone right now. I don’t have time for them.” Yuri blushed lightly and frowned.

“But if ever someone caught it already, be sure to inform us.” His mother reminded him teasingly.

“Fine.”

“We saw your newest music video. What’s the title? AiMai Elegy. It’s really good. The three of you are grown-up already. Very handsome, indeed.” She nodded with a smile.

“What country are you going to next?” he asked.

“Italy, we have clients over there that wanted to meet us.” She answered.

“You’re going tomorrow?”

“Yes. I’ll be staying here so that I won’t be late for my flight. You take care of yourself, Yuri. Don’t get sick. Ebina-san called a while ago. She said that you still haven’t taken the exam. When will you take it?”

“Maybe on Thursday. I don’t have work on that day.” He answered.

“Alright. Our secretary would be the one arranging your admission procedures. Do your best.” Her smile never faded, since she really did miss her son badly.

They finished their dinner and bade their goodbyes.

“We’ll call you when we’re back again in Tokyo.” Chinen Miki kissed her son on the forehead.

Then they separated.

 

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Fuurin Aoi had a lucky day and skipped back home. She was able to help a little girl find her doll, and she was able to take her entrance exam in spite of being late because of the help of two amazing upperclassmen. She’ll never forget that day. She reached her house after walking from her work place and reached home at past six.

“...Wow, all this excitement’s making me hungry...” she muttered and took off her shoes.

Aoi wondered what their dinner would be. She saw her mother setting the table. She saw her daughter and smiled.

“I’m home~” She gleefully smiled at her mother.

“Welcome back.” Her mother said with a smile.

“Did you take your medicine, Okaa-san?” she asked.

“Of course, I did, dear. I don’t want to be scolded by my own daughter again.” Fuurin Rina answered jokingly.

She smiled at her mother and sat to eat dinner with her. She started telling her mother of the events that happened during the day.

 

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The sun shone brightly at Aoi’s room, and it’s another day for her. She went out of her bed and got ready for her part time job at a convenience store near the park. She went downstairs and saw her mother preparing breakfast.

“Good Morning, Aoi.” She greeted her.

“Good Morning, Okaa-san.”

“A letter with a silver falcon seal was delivered here a while ago. Could it be that it came from Kamikui Academy?” she asked with a smile.

“Wow...they’re fast. I just took the exam yesterday.” She thought wildly.

“Why don’t you open it already?” Fuurin Rina shook her daughter excitedly.

“Ah, ‘Kay.” Aoi nodded.

She took hold of the letter. The falcon seal shone elegantly and matched with the fancy envelope. She’s excited at the same time nervous.

“I hope I made it...” She exhaled and tore the envelope open. Aoi opened the parchment inside. After reading, tears of joy escaped her eyes. She hugged her mother.

“Okaa-san, I made it with a scholarship! I’m so happy!” She sniffed and laughed.

“Oh my goodness, Aoi! You made it!!!!” Her mother hugged her back tightly, tears also escaping from her eyes. She suddenly wiped them and reached for a large box.

“I almost forgot. A package also arrived today. It has your name on it.” She took it off the shelf and handed it to her daughter.

“... Who would have sent this?” she thought to herself.

She opened it and saw a blazer, dress shirt, and a skirt.

“Oh my God... Okaa-san! I have a uniform!” She removed it from the box and showed it to her mother. Aoi’s smile faded as she was in deep thought.

“Who would send this to me?” she asked.

“Look, there’s a note.” Her mother saw a small piece of paper inside the box.

Aoi got the note and she saw an unfamiliar handwriting. She read the note.

Aoi-chan,

Congratulations! Kouhai.

-Izanami

“It’s from Izanami-senpai.”

“Why don’t you check if it fits?” her mother suggested.

She tried the uniform on her room. It’s the exact fit.

“...How come Izanami-senpai knows my size, my test result and my address?” She wondered.

Though Aoi was in deep thoughts of confusion, she was really happy that she was able to live up her goal of studying in the said elite school. She’ll never forget to thank Izanami for the things she’s done to help her live up her goal.

To be continued~