Worth The Wait

I choose to Fall(Jaehee x Monday)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin just woke up from her nap, and immediately checked her phone to see what time it is, "7:30 pm, did I just took a long nap?" she asked herself, stretched herself first before rising from her bed to sit down thinking what she should do next.

She unlocked her phone revealing a picture of both of them, Jimin and Jaehee. She hasn't changed her home screen ever sincethe first time that they saw each other, she just stares at it and smiles. Thinking what if she realizes her feelings soon enough.

So many more what-ifs questions ran into her mind that it made her want to talk to Jaehee right now, so she went outside of her room and hesitantly knocked at Jaehee's room. She waited, but no one answered. She lost hope thinking that Jaehee really doesn't want to talk to her. She knocked again, maybe she'll open it this time.

But just left a heavy sigh and was about to walk away from the door, when Jiyoon grabbed her hand, "Jimin-ah, you need something?"

"Oh, I was just wondering," Her eyes roam around the hallway thinking of an excuse, "If uhm, I could borrow something..?"

Jiyoon lets go of Jimin's arm and laughed, "You gotta be specific, I might not get it," But the truth is Jiyoon already got it, "Is this something perhaps important? To the point where you have to borrow it?"

Jimin questioned herself if Jaehee was important to her? She mentally slapped her brain for thinking it, of course, she is special, "Well, it is important to me."

"Hmmm, is this important 'THING' a person?" Jimin's eyes were wide that she just wanted to hide from Jiyoon, Jiyoon felt she hit the jackpot, "Bingo, she's not here by the way if you're wondering."

"Oh," is all that Jimin could say, well even though she is here, Jaeheestill wouldn't talk to the girl. So Jimin came up with an idea and she wonders if Jiyoon's okay, since she still thinks that Jaehee and Jiyoon are a couple, "Uhm, is it okay if I talk to her later on?"

"Go ahead! I don't mind," Jiyoon said with enthusiasm, Jimin was of course shocked when Jiyoon agreed to it because she was expecting that she would oppose this idea. Well, it was the first time that she asked, she never asked before.

Jimin then looked around to see if someone is listening, "Could you help me out?" Jimin asked and Jiyoon nodded her head, "See, Jaehee is I guess avoiding me and I was-"

"If I could talk to her, probably make an excuse?" Jiyoon cuts Jimin in mid-sentence, "Hmm, how about I text Jaehee that you're not answering your phone and that you're missing?"

Jimin does not know where Jiyoon's plans were going but she just went in silence to point at Jiyoon to continue, "Then you go to I don't know, maybe somewhere where she may find you, where she knows you're there."

She's liking the idea, but she just doesn't know where to go, "Like a special place...?" Jimin asked looking at Jiyoon.

"Yeah exactly, like it's yours and Jaehee's special place." Jiyoon also thinking about where could that be.

Then Jimin came across to her mind, whenever she's stressed out, or having troubles. Where she makes wishes, where she and Jaehee always hang out, whenever everyone is looking for her yet only Jaehee could find her, "The rooftop"

Jiyoon smiled, "Then I'll go text her now." Jiyoon then fished her phone out from her pocket and Jimin was about to go run to the rooftop when Jiyoon stopped her, "Where are you going?"

"There, where else could be?"

"What if she'll come home in I don't know 3 hours? Would you be willing to wait?" Jiyoon asked sincerely since she doesn't really want Jimin to freeze outside and especially it's on the rooftop.

"I'll do anything for her," Jimin smiled, without thinking those words she suddenly frowns because she still thinks that Jiyoon and Jaehee are still together, "I- I'm sorry Jiyoon"

"Why? Why are you sorry?"

"I shouldn't feel this way, not when you're in a relationship with her. I know you guys are happy with each other, I- I just want to tell her these unsaid feelings. But I promise! I won't let myself ruin your relationship, I just want to talk to her, that's all. I just want my best friend back." Jimin said, almost crying because she does want to be Jaehee's best friend again if she does not have a chance of being with her.

Jiyoon was about to tell her that they're just pretending to be together when Jimin ran off and went to the rooftop. Jiyoon just shrugged and went to the kitchen where Hyewon and Jihyo are watching some videos through their Ipad as well.

They kind of heard the whole conversation between Jiyoon and Jimin since their room was nearest to the kitchen, "So Jaehee unnie decided to talk to Jimin unnie?" Hyewon asked

Jiyoon sat down beside Hyewon and texted Jaehee, "I don't know, let's wait for her response," she said and took the chopsticks away from Jaehee to eat whatever she was eating, "Is there something going on with the two of you?"

"You could say that, but hey, we're still friends," Jihyo said that Hyewon got kinda disappointed because of the answer and Jiyoon gave her a quizzical look, "We'll explain soon." Jihyo smiled and took the hand of Hyewon and squeezed it.

"Oh! Jaehee replied," Jiyoon said while Hyewon and Jihyo are expecting some panic reaction from Jaehee, "She just said that she might be in you Soeun's room"

This is oddly new from Jaehee, whenever they tell Jimin is missing, Jaehee would most likely go home immediately and look for Jimin, "Try to call her, unnie," Hyewon suggested.

Jiyoon then dialed the phone number of Jaehee and called her, a few rings later, someone talked over the phone, "Sorry, the number you have dialed is unattended or out of coverage area, please try your call later"

"Did she just ignored my calls?" Jiyoon said in disbelief, while the two were just laughing.

"She'll come around," Jihyo said with honesty, "I know she will."

~

Jimin arrived at the rooftop, with just her thin long sleeves, not enough to warm herself. She wanted to go down and get some jacket, but after what she did down there she couldn't just face the others, and it would make sense because Jaehee might be there as well.

She sat in one of the benches where she and Jaehee would usually sit around and talk about nothing, just enjoying the view, and sometimes laugh at each other's jokes.

The last time she was here was when it was her birthday, where both Jimin and Jaehee wished for each other, how both wishbones broke evenly, "I'm guessing her wish came true. But why didn't mine come true?"

She then hugs her knees because of the cold and the thought of Jaehee being with Jiyoon, she remembers too how Jaehee wished for someone back then, feeling the mixed emotions between happiness and sadness. Happy for Jaehee and sad for herself.

She's waiting there for almost an hour and she's starting to lose hope, thinking that Jaehee really doesn't want to talk to her. She wanted to text Jiyoon, but she forgot her phone in their room, "Pabo-yah" she thought to herself.

She decided to count up to ten, and if she ended counting, she'll go back to her room. Probably sulk again.

"1, to my best friend, because she is my number one." She started counting in her head

"2, to me, because I'm too(two) dumb enough to realize that I love her." she chuckles and took a sniff, she was getting cold out there.

"3, I once carved in a tree with your name on it." Now thinking she should go to that tree someday and check it out.

"4, For(four) the first time in forever, I admit myself of being stupid."

"5, five times we got into a big fight."

"6, you didn't give up with me during sixteen, and I'm still thankful to you."

"7, we've known each other for seven years, and I wouldn't get tired of you."

"8, I haven't ate(eight) today. haha" then her stomach grumbles and she looked up in the skies, "I'm so hungry!" She shouted at the stars.

"9, nine times that I tried to talk to you these past few weeks. What did I do to you?"

"10, it's the end of my countdown," Jimin was about to stand up when someone most likely Jaehee put a jacket over Jimin's shoulder and a blanket.

Jimin is of course shocked at what was happening, Jaehee sat down beside Jimin and started distributing the utensils. Plates, chopsticks, and food. Jimin was in the process of what was happening and then looks at Jaehee, "Unnie, you shouldn't get mad at the stars for being hungry." Jaehee said then laughs. Jimin was just holding the plate and the chopsticks and kept looking at Jaehee, thinking if this is real, "Please eat unnie, so I can eat too." then took a bite out of the ramen.

"Jaehee-yah, I need to talk to you about something, it's just that-" Jimin was cut by Jaehee and uses her chopsticks to shut Jaehee's lips from talking.

"Unnie, let's eat first, okay? I'm hungry too." Jaehee lied, she just ate at IZ*ONE's dorm, but she's just eating again so that Jimin won't be alone eating. She doesn't want Jimin to be alone. Not ever.

Jimin just let an okay and a smile to Jaehee before eating the food that was given to Jaehee.

A few minutes later, Jaehee fixed their disposable plates, put them in the plastic bag, and shoots it in the nearest garbage can. Then went back to sit on Jimin's side.

The silence was with them for a few minutes, not an awkward silence. But with the comfortable silence that they're longing for with each other, Jaehee then mindlessly puts her head onto Jimin's shoulder, hoping the Jimin won't mind. But it seems like Jimin likes it and puts her head onto Jaehee's head as well.

It took them a few more minutes before one of them can talk.

"Jaehee-"

"Jimin unnie-"

Both of them said it at the same time, both got shy.

"You go first," Jaehee offered, putting her hand onto Jimin's leg, getting comfortable.

Jimin got shy with the gesture of Jaehee, "I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

"I was stupid," Jimin said then took out Jaehee's hand out from her leg, and started playing with it, Jaehee letting Jimin takes control over her hand, "I was dumb enough to realize."

"Unnie, you shouldn't say that. You are smart, you are talented, I don't get it why people say you're stupid, well-" Jaehee continued saying compliment things about Jimin or her talents but she got cut by Jimin.

"That's not what I mean Jaehee-yah," still playing with her hand and just staring at it, "You know what I truly mean."

Jaehee was far beyond confused about what was going on or what Jimin was talking about, guess Jimin isn't the only one stupid out here, "I don't get it."

"What was the reason why you're ignoring me since the night of your birthday?" Jimin asked with a serious tone, Jaehee not expecting the question, "Was it because I forced you to do that stupid wishbone?"

"Unnie, it wasn't the wishbone.."

"Was it because Jiyoon told you to avoid me?" Jimin asked with sadness, she just wanted to know why Jaehee was avoiding her for the past month.

A month with only nods, yes or no's silence. After two months of Jimin trying to talk to Jaehee or even a small talk, she can't even have one. Two months, and she didn't get any response from the younger one. And today was the day that they got to talk.

"Unnie..-"

"I just don't get it, I know you're in a relationship with Jiyoon and maybe your wish came true with the wishbone, but that doesn't mean you'll avoid me for this reason!" Jimin lashes out and took away Jaehee's hand and hugs her knees once again.

Jaehee felt that her unnie is crying, she doesn't know what to do. So she just faced her and took her hands once again, but Jimin has her pride, but Jaehee had much more pride. She cupped her face and wipe down Jimin's tears using her thumbs, "It wasn't because of the wishbone, it wasn't because of Jiyoon unnie as well. Heck, we aren't even really together! We're just faking it for our CEO," Jaehee said looking into Jimin's eyes, she then removes her hand from Jimin's face and sat down normally and looked to the ground, "It's just because I don't want to ruin your relationship with Jongseong-ssi."

Jimin sniffed and wiping her own tears, she didn't for that reason, "He was getting jealous because of me. So I had to stay away from you," Jaehee said, but that didn't stop Jimin from thinking because they already broke up, why would she still stay away? "I didn't go to you as well after you two broke up because it might gave the others the idea why you two broke up is because of me," Jaehee said with sadness in her tone.

But wasn't that one of the reasons why they broke up? Because of Jaehee, and Jimin admits that. But it wasn't Jaehee's fault that they broke up, but Jaehee can't help it because of this idea, "Did you really want to talk to me to question why I was avoiding you?"

Jimin questioned herself, but it came to her mind as well that she'll tell Jaehee these unsaid feelings, but she doesn't know how to start with this conversation, "I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize, unnie. I understand what you feel." Jaehee stood up thinking that their talk is now over, "Is that all that we need to talk unnie? I'm kinda tired."

Jaehee wanted to talk about her feelings too, honestly. But she doesn't seem to have a plan right now. She walks over to the door without even waiting for Jimin's response.

Jimin just stared at the air for a moment before processing what Jimin was doing, she quickly stood up and faced Jaehee who is walking over to the door to go back to their dorm, "Jaehee-yah, I need to talk to you about something else too."

Jaehee doesn't seem to be interested because she thinks that Jimin just wants to talk about her heartbreak with Jay or maybe gaying all over some other idols. She just turned around and looked at Jimin, waiting for some response.

Jimin couldn't think anything, but she doesn't want to directly say it to Jaehee. But all she did was sit again on the bench, without saying any words. Her eyes asked Jaehee to sit again. Seems like they had a silent conversation that Jaehee decided to go back to her place earlier.

"These past few months, I've realized something. Something that I thought was wrong, but it felt so right." Jimin started to began what she wanted to say to Jaehee for the past two months, "I thought if I'm in a relationship with someone, I'm not going to look for somebody else."

Jaehee's heart started pounding like she just ran a marathon, or she was the last two people that survived in a PUBG game and about to have a one on one battle. She just thought, oh, she liked somebody else.

"Jay and I  broke up because we weren't for each other. We just thought we loved each other, that we only liked to feel to be loved by one another," Jimin said while her hands on her knees, head facing the ground, thinking if she should say it right now. What she truly felt for the younger.

Jaehee just patiently waiting for Jimin's story, she doesn't know how to react. The thought of Jimin having a crush is just the pain that she got used to it now. A pain that she knows will be healed, but scars are going to leave a mark.

"Jaehee, when I realized that when I've been with Jongseong, I forgot that I lost my best friend. When I saw how you and Jiyoon got closer together, I've lost my best friend again. It's like it's my own fault that I lost you over and over again." Jimin said, trying to stop her tears because in fact, she's been crying a lot and she just wants Jaehee back in her life.

"Unnie, you haven't lost me. I'm still here." Jaehee said, patting the back of Jimin, trying to comfort her.

Jaehee did try her best to still care for the older one even though she's avoiding her, it was hard for her to see her Jimin unnie struggling. She would give subtle pats on the back or maybe give water to her. But she never really talked to her.

"I feel like I'm about to lose you again if I'm going to say this to you."

Jaehee was all in confusion, she definitely doesn't want to be out of Jimin's life, Jimin just hugs her, not wanting to see the reaction of Jaehee. If anything happens, she's prepared for a celebration nor heartbreak.

Jaehee just hugged back, "Unnie, you'll never lose me." said with assurance and rubbing the back of Jimin.

Jimin, just burying her head onto Jaehee's shoulder, heaving a heavy sigh. Silently praying that the love of God is with her tonight, hoping that Jaehee would feel the same, "I love you."

Jaehee, as a best friend she is, was very dense about it, "Aww, unnie is being sentimental? Don't worry, I love you too"

"Great," is all that Jimin could think, "Jaehee, that's not what I mean," Jimin said with her voice slowly whispering.

Jaehee then went into silence, broke the hug, and just looked at Jimin.

Jimin saw the reaction of Jaehee, there was a smile on her face, now it was all gone to no reaction. She was prepared for this, for rejection, She looked at the ground once more, "I love you Jaehee, your smile, your laugh, your kindness, the way you take care of others first before anyone else. God, Jaehee, I was so blind to see the truth. They've been telling me that we both should date each other, but I only say that we're best friends and we couldn't be anything like that. The only reason why I say that is because I don't want to lose you. Jaehee, I'm in love with you." Jimin said while looking at the ground, but she finally looked at Jaehee's blank face, "I wanna be with you, and yes it might be messy, it might be wrong in other people's eyes. Then so what? It might even destroy our friendship." She then took Jaehee's hands and interlaced it, "But love is a risk, I'd rather risk our friendship than pretend these feelings aren't real."

Jaehee couldn't process what was happening, she should be happy, right? She puts her hands away from Jimin and sat down once again, why isn't this feeling right?

Jaehee knew that they both feel the same way for each other, but she just burst into crying, it was because of sadness that she was holding it up for the longest time.

Jimin immediately went beside Jaehee and hugged the younger, "Jaehee? Why are you crying?" She said while patting Jaehee's back and kissing her head, "I'm sorry, Jaehee. I shouldn't have said that, I'm so sorry."

Jaehee then puts both of her hands on Jimin's shoulders and looked at her, "You're just confused unnie."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter