Dear Heart

I choose to Fall(Jaehee x Monday)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Did I just caught you staring at me or the ones at my back? Specifically Ji-"

I had to cut her off by covering with my hands, she's too talkative today and that's new, did the two of them heard what she said?

"JIyoon unnie, please stop teasing me. I have to concentrate here if you like me to continue writing this song."

"Hahaha so defensive Jelly."

"Okay, help me write something from the heart," I said as I seek for help from Jiyoon unnie.

"What is in your heart, Jaehee?"

"A sort of quiet desperation that things will never work out?"

We're in the workout room near the practice room right now, I'm trying to finish some lyrics for the song I'm writing for the upcoming album or so because our CEO wants me to write a song, I have no choice but to do what he wants. And I'm asking Jiyoon unnie for help when my eyes caught a glimpse of Jimin unnie with Jihyo. They're playing. Jimin unnie looks so happy these past few days. Even though we don't look like the old days now, I'm happy for her. I can see that Jay is taking good care of her. So I don't have a reason to complain or to be sad. If they're happy then I'm happy. As long as you're happy Jimin unnie.

"There you go again. You're one hell of a masochist, Jaehee. And that's a shame. Oh here, maybe this could help to the song." Jiyoon unnie handing me a piece of paper with lyrics on it.

"Thank you, you're the best unnie." Then I kissed her cheek. I think I made her blush a bit so I .

"Yah! You're blushing. Hahaha"

"Shut up, Jelly. It's just unusual that you just kissed me on my cheek... And If you keep on teasing, I might get those lyrics back so you'll think about something else."

"Oh come on. I'm sorry. God Jiyoon is so hot-tempered."

It's nice sharing a good laugh with a good friend. Jiyoon unnie's been there for me since I confessed my ed up feelings for my best friend with her, Hyewon and Soeun unnie

"I miss seeing you two." Jiyoon unnie bringing me back to reality.

"What are you saying there?" I asked defensively

"Jaehee, you know what I'm trying to say."

"Yeah, you're rubbing so much salt to the wound again."

"You're a masochist, so does it really matter? Sometimes, we three are thinking that you are enjoying the pain."

Jiyoon unnie gave me a pat on my head.

"I only want you to know that I don't want you to waste your friendship, only because she got herself a boyfriend."

I looked up at her not saying a word. I didn't want to feel sad, I've been feeling so sad these past few days, it's not right for me.

"I miss her too. I miss us and I don't want to waste our friendship either, but you know Jiyoon unnie, I understand it already that we're not the same, like the old times anymore."

"You can still love her from far while being her friend." Her eyebrows creased.

"No. That's complicated."

"And why is that?"

"Because I've decided that I'll just avoid her. Not totally avoid, but I'm giving her space, I'm giving both of them the space they needed."

"They needed? Or you needed?"

"Both." Then I gave Jiyoon unnie a smile, a sad one that didn't catch my eyes

"How is it going to be okay if you're not acting it?"

"I'm acting on it... And this is the solution that I can only think of. Eonnie, when the one that you love is in a relationship with someone else, even though you miss her so badly, you cannot divide her attention because you're not her priority, because you're just her friend."

"You're the best friend. You should be next to God and her family in her list on the people who are important to her."

"Not all people are like that on their list."

Jiyoon unnie just gave me an understanding look. Then I thought to mysel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter