You Lose

I choose to Fall(Jaehee x Monday)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third Person's POV

She has decided to drop by PLAYM building.

She stayed inside her car for another several minute. She wants her mind to be blank. She's drained from overthinking. She reclined her seat trying to relax.

And right the moment she closed her eyes, she rewinds the things that Minju told her earlier before she left. She ends up in a foul mood. She's constantly battling with her ego.

"Okay Relax Yujin! You're just here to get your phone. Nothing more okay? Hoooooo!" She said as she got out of her car.

She hasn't been to the PLAYM building so she didn't know where to go. She parked her car in the parking area and decided to walk.

She doesn't want to ask for directions because someone might notice her.

She's tired of walking around the building. She got frustrated and sat down at the nearest chair wiping her sweat with her hand.

"Yujin sunbaenim?"

She heard someone from behind. She's already in a foul mood and she can't help herself from being in a y tone, "Yes. Hello. I'm sorry, but no pictures. I'm tired."

The girl who called her moves in front of Yujin. And It was the Hyewon, not her Hyewon. But Weeekly's Hyewon

"Hyewon hoobae? Ugh. Sorry, I'm tired and my feet are aching. I'm lost." She said in a calm and relieved voice.

"Yeah. I can see. What are you doing here anyway?" Hyewon asked.

"Ahhh. Is Jaehee here?"

"Of course she's here. Do you need something from our Jelly?"

"Yes. She owes me a debt. Where can I see her?"

"In our practice room. We have a practice today. And I'm late because I did some errands at our dorm. Come on."

....

Weeekly were having a break, they are dripped in sweat because they kept on dancing and dancing that Jihyo almost lost her consciousness.

But she was doing alright, she just needed to rest for a quick.

Jaehee sat at the edges part of the room, her head is still aching because of her lack of sleep plus the alcohol in her system.

She was scanning faces. She's looking for one person. Jimin. But looks like she's not here.

Deep in her thoughts, Jaehee was shocked when Soeun sat beside her as if reading her mind, "She's not here. She already told PD-nim that she's not attending today. She went somewhere."

Jaehee just nods, she just drinks her water.

"How are you with Jiyoon?"

She almost spills the drink because her question was so out of the blue.

"I know that you two are avoiding each other. I didn't mean to pry but we're family, right?"

"Unnie..."

"I know. I know. It's none of my business but seriously Jaehee, you think I'm happy seeing two of my best buddies avoiding each other?"

"I... I want to talk to her but.."

"But?"

"It's hard, unnie."

"Jaehee, are you hearing yourself right now? She's your friend before she confessed her feelings towards you, nothing changes, she's still a friend because she accepts who you love. So, why?"

"You don't understand, I- I promised her things that won't get awkward between us when she confessed, but I broke that promise because I've been unconsciously avoiding her.."

"Jaehee. Why did you do that? Why did you make it worse? We're family no matter what, right?" Soeun asked.

She just stares at Jiyoon that is quiet while sitting beside Jihyp and it made Jaehee more guilty. If they're okay maybe they are sitting beside each other.

"I ed up, unnie."

"I know. Everyone does and that's not an excuse. You can always fix things, Jaehee. Talk to her, get her back. I miss her. I miss us. I miss the three of us. Much more likely the seven of us"

Soeun gave her a reassuring smile like telling her what she needs to do is stand up, walk straight to Jiyoon and talk to her and Soeun will back her up.

And that's what she did.

She went to Jiyoon and cleared , "Jiyoon unnie, Can I talk to you for a second?"

Jiyoon looks hesitant but Soeun came up behind Jaehee, "Go on Jiyoon. It's just a talk."

Jiyoon stood up to follow Jaehee going to the other couch of the room.

Awkward silence.

Both of their throats seem to dry up. No one could even utter a word.

Jiyoon was the first one to talk, "So uhm, how are you?"

Jaehee just stared at Jiyoon, feeling guiltier that despite her avoiding her good friend. Jiyoon is still the one to ask her about her state.

Jaehee couldn't hold it together anymore so she just grabbed Jiyoon and enveloped her good friend in her arms.

"I'm sorry, sorry, sorry. I am a coward. I promised not to get awkward with you. I just. I don't know know what to say, Jiyoon unnie. It's clearly my fault, really. So please, please forgive me for being such a to you. It's just that I, I've been through a lot lately and-"

Jiyoon shushed Jaehee who is now on the verge of being emotional, "Shhhh. Jaehee-yah. It's my fault. Don't blame yourself. Right from the start, I know that there's a huge possibility that these things will happen and I still risked it. This is on me. And I know that you've been in limbo, but don't even for a second think that just because you're avoiding me. I'm not paying attention to you. I'm still your eonnie, Jaehee. I'm still the same Jiyoon you know. Just because I had feelings for you doesn't mean we're not like the old days. I'm still the same old friend of yours." Jijyoon tried to lessen the guilt of Jaehee.

She wants Jaehee to feel totally fine and at ease with her just like in the old times. This is what she really wants. To be the one who can hold her while she's crying over Jimin or over anyone or anything.

"I know. I knew that from the start, you have feelings for her, I have feelings for you and that's the end of the story but hey, I'm a risk-taker."

"I'm sorry, unnie," Jaehee said feelings really sorry for her friend.

She thought if she confessed her feelings to Jimin will they be like this too? Will she be able to accept her own defeat like how Jiyoon is accepting everything now?

"It'll be lucky for me if Jimin and I end up like me and Jiyoon unnie, still friends despite feelings attached." Jaehee thought to herself.

But no matter how she looks at it, Mina is far different from Jimin and it's engraved through Jaehee'shead that confessing would just complicate things. And could ruin a lifetime's worth of friendship between her and Jimin.

"Don't feel sorry for me Jae, I chose this. Loving you was a choice. I choose to Fall."

Jaeheepulled away from the hug and cuffed Mina's face to kiss her forehead. She feels thankful for having a friend like Jiyoon who understands her and never even for a second blames her for things that she's unconscious about.

"Oh, group hug!"

Jaehee pulled her group for a warm embrace.

She misses them all and she silently promised to herself to spend more time with the girls.

The five of them are all laughing because Soeun is throwing some lame jokes.

"Hhahahaahha. I'm so irritated it's not funny."

They burst into laughter. 

They miss each other, oftentimes they are so busy that they're not having fun with each other anymore because they need to rest.

The whole members noticed that Jaehee and Jiyoon had a gap. They seem normal but not they're not bickering anymore.

Soojin talked to Soeun about it because she noticed it too and Soeun is affected by it. She encourages Soeun to fix things between her two buddies.

While the five were still goofing around, Hyewon arrived and noticed that her members are having fun.

"Yah, yah, you guys are happy? What's up? What's up?" She asked whimsically.

"Yah Jo Hyewon! Where have you been?" Jihyo asked.

"Eh? I did some errands at our dorm. Is there a problem? Oh, and by the way Jaehee unnie, someone's looking for you. You owe her a debt." Hyewon immediately changed the topic.

"Eh? Me? Have a debt? To whom?"

"She's just following me. She's outside, she doesn't want to go in. Wait, I'll call her." Hyewon said then went out of the practice room again.

They're just teasing each other while waiting for their manager to announce that they're ready to go home.

"So Jihyo, why don't you have a love life up until now?" Jaehee teased Jihyo.

"What are you talking about?! Why do you always tease me about it?! I'll tell Jimin-unnie!"

Jaehee paused for a second when she mentioned Jimin's name.

Living with her members for years, she knows it gave them a hint of what she t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter