Friend

I choose to Fall(Jaehee x Monday)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"One day I looked at her and I see something more than I did the night before. Like a switch in me has been flicked somewhere. And Jaehee who was just a 'friend' is... suddenly the only person I can imagine myself with."

"Going somewhere?" Jimin asked

Jaehee froze in her tracks and closed her eyes, counting to five before turning around and giving Jimin a sweet smile.

She wasn't prepared for this; she planned on going out before Jimin even got home from running some errands for her passport with Jongseong because they're going to out of the country soon because they're part of the lineup in a k-pop concert. But unfortunately, that plan didn't happen because she got caught by her best friend.

"Uhh. Hi Jimin unnie."

"Where are you going?" Jimin asked again now with a furrowed eyebrow.

"Out." Jaehee quipped

"Out where?"

"Watching a comeback show."

"With someone?"

"Do I look like I'm going on a date?" Jaehee asked pointing at her get up which compromise her jacket, her most trusted pair of pants, and her running shoes.

The safest choice was because she didn't want anyone, especially Jimin to think that she's going out on a date.

"Who's going to have a comeback showcase today?"

Boom... the question... of all things to ask.

She knew that avoiding the question would only arouse suspicion in Jimin's mind, so Jaehee chose to play it honestly.

"IZ*ONE sunbaenim."

Jimin looked at her in confusion, Jaehee's words taking too long to sink in.

"IZ*ONE, huh," Jimin said in a resigned voice, and brows furrowed.

"Yep, because uhh... Yujin unnie invited me to watch their showcase, so I didn't want to be rude and decline. And I have done the house chores." Jaehee explained, hoping that Jimin wouldn't quite make a big deal out of it.

It was true that Yujin asked her to watch her pre-recording showcase today. Which led her to where she was standing right now, under the scrutiny of Jimin.

By the looks on Jimin's face and how her face crumpled as she heard that Yujin invited Jaehee to watch their showcase, Jaehee couldn't help but wonder.

"Is she jealous? Ahhh. No... No... Why would she be jealous, Jaehee?! Don't assume. Are you pretty?!" Her alter self-mocked.

"Uhm. Okay Jimin unnie, I'll go now. I'm late, I think. The show is about to end I think." She babbled pushing Jimin out of the way playfully.

"Go home early! We have to leave early tomorrow!"

"Yes, mom," Jaehee yelled back, waving at Jimin before walking away.

.....

After the showcase, Jaehee went straight backstage to meet Yujin. She wants to treat her new 'friend' for being late to attend the showcase.

She was about to approach her when she saw that Yuna was also there and went to Yujin asking for a minute to talk.

She saw how the other members of IZ*ONE also don't like the idea of the two talking. She was about to interrupt so Yuna wouldn't mind Yujin but took a step back when she agreed with her.

She just followed them with a stare going to the parking lot of the venue. She doesn't want to eavesdrop but she wants to make sure that Yujin would be okay talking to her ex-girlfriend.

....

"How are you?"

"Fine."

"Did you ate already? Do you want to grab a bite or something?"

"Wh-what is this Yuna? You're starting a small talk now? Acting like an all caring partner? I agreed for us to talk because I pitied you and I don't want to make a scene in front of the staff and other people."

"I'm sorry. I-I just want to catch up with you and I do really care for you."

"Bull!"

"Hon..."

"Shut up, Yuna!!!"

"Hon. Please let me explain, I broke up with her because I still-"

Yujin cuts her off, "If you aren't going to shut up, I'm going to leave."

"Yujin-ah, hear me out."

Yujin turned her bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter