A Vicious Circle

I choose to Fall(Jaehee x Monday)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We're heading to the roof to build the mini bonfire that they planned and drink...

I was occupied because Jiyoon was telling me a joke. Then my eye caught Jimin staring at me and Jiyoon.

Looking like she wants to talk to me for a minute.

Then I wondered what happened between her and Jay after the 'talk' and where the hell is that Eagle?

I just smirked to act cool then gestured her to come.

I asked Jiyoon to give us a minute to talk.

"Jaehee-yah, I have something to tell you."

I smiled to my ears because she took both of my hands and squeezed them.

"What? You look crazy Eonnie."

I can see her eyes with unbearable happiness. I already spelled trouble for me. When unnie is this happy, I know that It was a piece of bad news for me. What brings joy to her is not always a joy to me.

"I want to thank you.... for.... for talking to Jongseong."

I don't need any explanation just hearing her talk about 'Jay'. I know that they're okay, that they took my advice and already patch things up.

I froze. My hands lost their grip on hers. I can feel my eyes warming up. I don't want to hear anything from her. But instead of walking away. I hugged her.

"Good for you... I told you it's going to work out just fine."

"If it weren't for you and Jungwon, maybe I and Jay will not be okay up until now. I'm grateful that you're always there for us. I can't lose him Jaehee I love him.." she muttered now sobbing

I wanted to ask her why she was crying. Because clearly, I should be the one crying at this very moment.

But wait, Jungwon-nim? Did he help too?

Soeun and Hyewon came in.

"Hi, gay friends. Oh, Jimin-yah. Why are you crying? Where's Jay your loves?" Asked Soeun unnie.

"Ahhh. He went back to their dorm packing her things." She said pouting while wiping out her tears.

"Ohhhh so the two of you are... you know.. okay?" Hyewon added.

"Yes, thanks to this Jelly right here." She said pointing at me.

Soojin and Jihyo called on Jimin to join them to talk about girly stuff.

While the four of us create our own 'girl talk'

"So... Jaehee..."

"What? Can you two stop with the.... the... thing."

"Just open the damn whiskey bottle so we could get this over with."

They just laughed a bit then we started drinkin'

This is the first time that we drink like this

'More drink, less talk'

They know that I wasn't ready to vent on them. It was enough for me that they're here and being with me in this kind of situation like this.

But I do think that Hyewon already filled in Soeun and Hyewon about my personal 'issue' and I'm thankful that they aren't a meddler. They know the right timing on when to ask or share an opinion.

But knowing Hyewon, she just wouldn't shut up about uncomfortable situations like this.

"So..... you really did make them up?"

"Yup. This is the only thing that I can do to our friends." my voice trailed off.

I was certain that reality sunk in and bit me...

"We all know that I can't be with Jimin..." this time there's a hint of acceptance in my voice.

They both put their arm around my shoulder. Trying their best to comfort me.

But I can feel that they are itching to tell me something...

"Say it guys," I said bluntly, I know that eventually, we'll go to this part. There is no way that I could avoid talking about the matter forever.

They just sigh thinking about how they would start the conversation...

I let out a bitter laugh. I was thankful that Hyewon and Soeun unnie alongside Jiyoon unnie had been good with timing as regards talking about a delicate subject.

But tonight, I'm kinda bit irritated that they can't even say what they would like to say. Maybe it was the alcohol in my bloodstream that makes me so irritated tonight.

"Why don't we get this over and done with? Just say it. The three of you."

"Jaehee... it's just that... we."

"Why? Are you surprised that I can face the truth? Is that it? You're both thinking that I'm just faking it. That I can't do it? Am I really that weak? Unnie? Hyewon?" My voice kinda got loud that made them shocked. Maybe it's the alcohol talking.

"No... Jaehee-yah... It's not like that but..."

"But? What? Haha, you don't trust me when it comes to this matter right? You think I can't handle this kind of situation. You think I'm too weak and up until now I'm still hoping, right?"

"Jaehee. We just don't want you to end up getting hurt. Because whatever we do, we can't break them because they're important to us so that's why you're helping them even if you're getting hurt already..."

"Tsss. You're all the same... all of you... Thinking that we're too fragile. I already know, we already know that from the beginning, and also... I already knew that I didn't even stand a chance. It's just the friendship that we're holding on to right now. Don't take it away from me. So please, you just can't take those away from us."

"Jaehee! Lower your tones, the three are looking at us." Said by the Soeun unnie.

"Screw them." I simultaneously said as I threw my head back on my glass and drink another shot.

"Jaehee. Compose yourselves, Jimin is walking towards us." Said Soeun unnie

"Act normal, you stupid dumb s!!" Added by Hyewon.

"What's the problem here guys?" Asked Jimin

"Ahhhh. Nothing Jimin unnie, we're just discussing something." Hyewon tried to cover up for the four of us.

"Hehe, Zoa's right Monday. Nothing that might interest you." Soeun unnie laughed nervously.

"Looks like that is not what we heard. Are you guys arguing? Jaehee? Are you okay?" She asked as she tries to make eye contact.

"Uhm. Yeah, we're really fine here, Jimin you can go back now to Jihyo," said Soeun unnie.

Then the almost empty bottle of J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter