Reality Bites

I choose to Fall(Jaehee x Monday)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin was driving her car but her somewhere else

After her talk with her leader, her leader. The CEO of PLAYM needs to meet Jimin for some important announcements for her.

Her talk with Soojin didn't go well because her feelings got more complicated.

She taught if she could speak to her, she'll get the right answer.

But all she got was more questions for herself left unanswered.

"Jimin, in every problem, there's only one person who can help you. It's yourself. Only you can answer all the questions that you've asked. One wrong move, you can fall. It's okay to fall, but who catches you? Is it Jongseong-ssi or Jaehee? I can only give you advice at the end of the day, it's you who can make the move."

"You have the right to make the wrong thing to the right thing, Jimin. I will support you but you have to be brave enough to take risks here."

All Soojin had said pierced through her heart but how could she take the risk? How can she turn right from what is wrong? Are her feelings wrong from her friend?

She couldn't even sort out whether she was feeling something more for her best friend or maybe because she misses her friend that these past few days she can only talk to her but not with her whole attention.

Jimin was still deep in her thoughts when she noticed that her car moved slower than it suddenly stopped.

She tried restarting the engine but nothing happened. She looked around the area where she was stranded and she felt both nervousness and pitied herself when she saw that the place was deserted.

There were some establishments but she could tell that they were kilometers away because she could only catch a glimpse of light that's coming from the building.

She heaved a deep sigh then slump her head on the stirring wheel.

"Arrgghhhh! How unlucky am I? Pabo!"

She then took out her phone and dialed a number.

At first, she thought of calling her best friend. But shook her head because she thought of avoiding her friend while she's still confused at her feelings.

She thought of calling her boyfriend too, but she can't, because she knows that Jay's far and she's guilty but there are things she can't explain today about her feelings towards Jaehee.

So she ends up calling Soeun

"Hello? Hello Soeun-ah? Hey, could you..........."

The call got canceled, she tried a lot of times, she tried calling all of her members who are in the dorm to pick her up but the signal is too weak at this location. Then added by the bad weather.

The weather had been good these past few weeks and she knows it's Autumn. That's why it didn't come to her mind at all.

A sudden clap of thunder bolted her upright and sends her chills. She's not a big fan of thunders.

She remembered on every time when it's raining hard and added by thunder, she'll hide beside Jaehee, even though she is smaller, Jaehee would still hug her and she'll immediately cover her ears and will play the music that it's so loud so that she will not hear the thunders roaring.

" not again, Jaehee. You're driving me nuts!" She cursed as the thought of her best friend haunts her again.

She just misses her best friend more because it's her only run when it's raining because Jay is also not a big fan of thunder because he is not really into loud noises. so she's really thankful that Jaehee is there to calm her down.

That's when she felt more guilty because she's always going to her if she has problems or if she's scared but she doesn't even know if Jaehee's also scared too. 

She knows that her friend is strong but it's impossible if she doesn't have a weakness. Sometimes she's thinking that she's acting strong for herself.

She breathes deeply.

She decided to stay inside the car because she saw how the rain got harder. She planned to wait until the rain is light then she'll walk going to the building to seek help.

"God, Jaehee I wish you're here to keep me safe..." she said feeling jittery.

...........................................

Jaehee's POV

Jiyoon unnie and I look like we're kids playing arcades. We don't care if a lot of people are looking at us, well we kinda care because we're Idols. Good thing we wore our masks.

We just went from the cinemas to watch a movie but we got disappointed because the movie that we want to watch is still not out. So we just circled around the mall to look for clothes and to try but we didn't really buy.

We ended up playing at an arcade center. We tried some thriller action gun games, then we played basketball, we even tried karaoke and it was nice. 

We found ourselves in front of dance mania.

We looked like crazy stupid kids trying our very best not to look dumb while dancing to the beat of some songs.

I stared at her while she's trying to figure out how to dance to the beat of the stupid song.

I looked at her and wonder why a lot of people misunderstand her. Well, maybe because sometimes she's too quiet and looks like she's thinking deep and a serious person.

But once you get to know her, you'll know that she has a lot of craziness and sweet and soft spots. She can also give you good advice on everything. She thinks mature but she also knows how to play.

We're obviously just messing around and having fun. It felt so good being with Jiyoon who can have a good time and doesn't get awkward with me, no pretensions, and no pain of disclosed feelings.

Then I found myself nostalgic, reminiscing those days when Jimin would be this weird and crazy around me.

Jiyoon tapped my forehead.

"Yah! You're spacing out again. C'mon let's eat, I don't want to do this anymore, I feel so awkward dancing to that. It's so embarrassing. Haha, and it's becoming nighttime."

"Yah! You were so awesome, you look like a bamboo stick swaying with the wind."

She punched my left arm.

"Yah! What was that for?"

"You're teasing me. You look awkward too while dancing to that dance machine. Come on." Then she held my hand, pulling me while choosing where we should eat.

After dinner, she invited me to go home to the dorm because she have to finish something.

We're about to go out of the mall when we noticed that the rain is hard, added with thunder and flashes of lightning.

I remember how afraid I am of thunderstorms. But remembered too how I overcome my fear of it because I know that Jimin unnie is also afraid of it.

She would run towards me if she hears a thunder roaring and just to make her feel safe, I forced myself not to be scared for her.

I smiled to myself remembering how unnie changed my fears into power.

I started to view my fears as opportunities for self-discovery and opportunities to make her feel safe with me. I like the feeling of being her personal superhero whenever there are thunders or troubles.

But it got me thinking, "Maybe now, she's hiding to Jongseong."

I know that Jay is not a fan but maybe Jimin is scared, he'll overcome all the fears in her to protect the one that he loves.

Another thunderclap gave me chills and suddenly I grabbed my phone and dialed Jimin's number.

It has become my instinct to always find her and worry about her when I hear thunders. Because I know how much she hates it and how she's always crying like a kid who's super scared.

I tried to call Soeun unnie, who I know who's in the dorm. Soojin unnie answered, "Hey Jelly, Soeun was planning to call you, good thing you called."

"Hey unnie, is Jimin unnie there? Can you check on her? It's raining. Unnie, there's a thunderstorm. She's scared of Thunder and lightning. Where is she?" I asked in a worried and shaky voice

"That's why Soeun was planning to call you. She called us earlier, it looks like she's stranded near the PLAYM building, I know she went there. Could you fetch her? The rain is hard here too, Soeun can't go too, you know the car of Ssong when it gets soaked in the rain, the two of them even might get stranded. She's in her car, trying to start the engine of her car for a lot of times now."

I cut the call then immediately went to JIyoon unnie's car to drive where Jimin is. I even snatched the car keys.

"Yah, Jaehee-yah. You sure you can drive with your situation?" she said as I just shot my glare at her.

"Jiyoon unnie, fasten your seat belt. It's just an emergency."

..................................

I woke up when someone is knocking at the door of my car. I am too nervous to open the door because it's dark and still raining. I can't see if who's knocking so I just pretended that I didn't hear anything.

"Jimin? Unnie? Jimin unnie? Open the door unnie."

I stopped and listened to the familiar voice and my nervousness are slowly fading away.

I hurriedly opened the door and fell into Jaehee's waiting arms.

I was sobbing so hard, I don't care if we're being hit by the rain. I am really thankful that Jaehee came to save me.

"Hey unnie, we're getting soaked from the rain. Tsk C'mon, you'll get sick."

"How... How did you find me? Thank God you're here." I said in a shaky and sobbing voice.

She locked me in her embrace and kissed my hair.

And I swear to God I feel so safe and all the butterflies in my stomach rumble with giddiness.

She assisted me in going to a car. Wait, that's Jiyoon's car. She opened the door of the backseat.

Just a minute ago the butterflies flew freely inside my stomach, now they're all dead as I saw Jiyoon sitting at the driver's seat.

"Hey, Jimin. You okay?" Jiyoon asked

"Uhhh. Yes. I'm Okay." I answered coldly

I don't know but this is not how I picture Jaehee saving me from a storm.

I picture us together. Sitting side by side. She, holding my hand because I'm feeling cold.

Well, Reality Bites.....

"Ugh! Stop this nonsense Jimin. You have Jongseong" I mentally slapped myself at the realization

We arrived at the dorm safely, and she still assisted me as she send me to our room.

 I saw and hear her talked to Jiyoon before she went inside our room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter