Wish, Stars, and Bones

I choose to Fall(Jaehee x Monday)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When they have returned to their dorm, Jimin immediately pulled Jaehee onto the rooftop.

"Just stay here, okay? I'll just get something." And Jaehee just nodded.

Jimin returned to the rooftop, obviously catching her breath.

"Aish, I forgot to close the door. Jaehee please close that door.." And before Jaehee return to her place, Jimin immediately opened the paper bag and took a box.

"Open it."

"Jimin unnie, you didn't have to."

"Did someone ever told you before that if someone will bring you a gift just say thank you and open it?"

"Sorry. Okay okay, here I go opening it. Calm your estrogen." Jaehee teased and she received a slap on her shoulder for that.

"What is this?" Jaehee said as she opened the box and found a piece of bone. A wishbone actually.

"Well for starters it's a wishbone. Birthday candles are too old so I thought about this." Jimin said with a wide grin on her face.

"Unnie haha I can't believe you and we're adult enough, I'm too old for this."

"Lee Jaehee, no one is too old for a wish!" Jimin's brows creased and she pouted. She's being her kid self and Jaehee couldn't help but smile like crazy because of the reaction of Jimin.

"Fine. Fine. So how does this thing work anyway? You know I'm not a fan of wish most especially this weird bone hahaha." She said still teasing her best friend.

"Why don't you just be thankful for my gift!" Jimin said and elbowed the side of Jaehee.

"Yah! Your gift is really weird. Bone?"

"You're really something! Suit by yourself." Jimin kick Jaehee's right foot and was about to walk out but Jaehee held her hand.

"You're being violent now unnie! The barbarian is getting out in you! Come here." She said as she grabs Jimin by the waist because Jimin's back is facing her and not saying a word.

"Don't sulk there, you look like a kid."

Jimin faced Jaehee and had a pout on her face like a five-year-old kid that was got snatched a candy pop.

"C'mon that's cheating. Don't use that charms over me!" And they both burst into a fit of laughter. "Hahahahaha."

"I know you can't resist me." Jimin winked at her before sitting beside her.

"Who can resist your lips?." Jaehee laughed.

"Uhm!" Jimin gave Jaehee one more spat on the head, "You're too mean, yah!!"

Jimin didn't take revenge because she's happy and its Jaehee's birthday. Hanging out with her best friend is simply one of the best times in the world.

"Back then you believed in wishing, right? You're the one who's encouraging me to make a wish!!" Jimin smiled at her and she smiled back bitterly.

"Yes, I know and now I kind of regret it that I encourage you." She joked at her friend even though she knows to herself that there is sadness and bitterness at the words she said.

"Why so? You're really bad! Don't you know that my wish came true back then?! So that's why I really believe in wishes." She said while looking at the stars.

"I know. And Jay-nim is the one you wished for right?" When Jimin looked at Jaehee, Jaehee looked at the stars.

Jimin knows her so well, she knows these kinds of things, even if Jaehee doesn't say anything.

Silence ensued between them.

While Jaehee was looking up at the stars, Jimin is looking at her own star. It is a starless night but for Jimin, Jaehee is a lot better than any other billions of Stars.

She decided to make the atmosphere between them a little lighter, "For the record, I wish for us to win a rookie of the year at MAMA or any other award show! And that you will be happy for the rest of your life."

They both chuckled, "I didn't know that you're my superfan. Hahahaha."

"You're really shameful! But even if you're shameful, my wish will never change that I'm hoping you're really happy. You worked very hard since you were a kid, a child actress for starters, years later we're a part of Fave girls, that we must face through and then we became Weeekly. And with all these jammed-up schedules, I just really hope that you're happy." She said sincerely.

"Thank you. You deserve happiness too."

Jimin heaved a sigh, "Before we forget each other, why did you stop wishing? Back during debut days, you're always pulling me here then will wait for falling stars. What happened to Jaehee? Or should I say what didn't happen?"

"Have you ever wanted so badly, but you know you're not gonna hurt her? That even though how many stars have fallen, she's not really for you-

- that's what didn't happen, Jimin unnie. I didn't get the girl." She said it in a Weak, sad, and meaningful way.

............

[Flashback]

Jaehee's POV

I came to the rooftop all by myself after we got home from Inkigayo.

Sitting underneath a blanket of shining stars. It was the night after we first performed our debut song 'Tag Me' at Inkigayo.

I am here to wish for something or someone rather.

I'm a big believer in falling stars and in wishes. It has always been my childhood conviction. It's a desire for something to happen. A feeling of wanting to do or have something. An act of thinking about something you want and hoping that you will get it in some magical way.

Since I was a kid I already believe in magic and my dad always saying that if you wish for something and you're doing everything to make it come true then you're close to getting it.

They say that if you make a wish, work for it too. One wish at a time so that it will come true immediately. Truth be told, I prayed and wished for this debut at the same spot every time. Patiently waiting for a star to fall.

And when it came true and we got to perform on music shows now, I became happy for my members because we debuted together as seven.

But tonight I came here to have one more wish for myself. They say that don't be greedy when you're making a wish because maybe it won't work, so I set aside my own wish that I will have the courage to get the girl...

Not knowing that the one person that I am wishing for is slowly falling for someone else.

This is the only night where I can be selfish and will be asked for one thing for myself and for my happiness. I'll gladly drop being a Weeekly member so that my wish will come true...

Jimin.

I said to myself that this night I will make a wish to make her mine. Just one wish. I set aside this one because it's much more important to us to receive something we deserve because we worked hard on this. Most especially for Jimin unnie.

I saw how Jimin really wants to debut. I saw how hard-working Jimin unnie is during their practices and if there is one thing important to me that is to help her get what she wants.

I want her to feel that I am helping her chase her dream. We all wish to debut, but it's really different if you're with the one that you love and chasing a dream.

I'm just looking at the night sky and fighting my drowsiness because of this happy feeling.

"Jaehee, Lee Jaehee, Jaehee-yah! Are you there?" I heard Jimin knocking at the door when I opened it and I was shocked when she suddenly hugged me. My heart is racing so fast because I thought that even though I still didn't make a wish, it already became true.

I hugged her back before she broke it and I guided her to sit down with me. I saw a twinkle in her eyes that I can't make a comparison in millions and billions of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter