Minatozaki Sana

Dare to Love Her

Sana knew.

She knew ever since she started being open about her inclination towards girls with her new friends. She started with simple innocent comments, but Mina had reacted immediately.

It took Momo a minute though, but that's fine because Sana could see some of her in the girl too.

Sometimes she got lost in thought wondering if Momo would ever realize how easily she could follow her conversations about pretty girls, or how sometimes Momo herself would stop and look attentively if some cute girl was walking by.

Or even how sometimes Momo would get distracted just by looking at Mina.

Yeah, Sana knew all too well.

But she didn't wanna hear lame excuses or empty apologies. She had lost too many friends because of who she was. And even though Mina didn't act in front of her, just behind her back, it still hurt sometimes. But Sana had decided she was not gonna let that get to her, she somehow knew the girl's intentions weren't bad, she just had a different way of thinking.

Maybe she'll make her change her mind, she tried to be so nice to Mina, but still, she changed rooms. Maybe she had been too nice? Too friendly? Sana really liked to show physical affection, and she had had a real hard time not giving any to Mina, because all her hate aside, she really liked the girl as a friend.

That day at the study hall, she had seen how Mina was having a hard time trying to apologize, but she didn't exactly know if it was out of shame or because she didn't want to apologize.

Either way, she didn't want to hear it, because there was nothing the girl could say that would excuse her behavior and Sana knew Mina wasn't ready to change all her background beliefs just for her. That's why she changed topics and left in a hurry.

Avoiding all serious matters.

But ever since that day, something had shifted in Mina once again, she could feel that. But why?

Two weeks had passed and she would hang out with Momo as usual and they would see Mina at their dance lessons but now every time she said gay stuff, or you know just be her usual self, Mina would do nothing.

She wouldn't say something mean, she wouldn't act grossed out, she just wouldn't react at all. Why?

Before, whenever that happened, Mina would also complain to Momo in secret and Momo would tell Sana all about it adding excuses and arguments in favor of the girl.

'wow momo you really are in love' But she wouldn't say that. Because the girl hadn't realized it and she was not going to spoil it for her.

So yeah, Sana knew all about Mina's behavior and now she wondered what had happened because Momo hadn't told her a thing, she claimed she had no idea, just that Mina was distant and constantly lost in thought and hadn't said anything homophobic at all, which was weird.

But why?

As she couldn't take it anymore, because she was sure it had something to do with that day at the study hall, she was now standing outside Mina's new room and was determined to ask the girl how she was feeling.

She took a deep breath and knocked two times.

 

***

 

 

When Mina felt the door, she looked at Chaeyoung who was completely lost in whatever she was drawing so she got up to open it.

To her surprise it was Sana. The source of all her mind glitches lately. The overload cuteness that had messed with her head.

"Hey," The girl greeted her with her big unique smile.

Mina wasn't ready to talk to her but still, she moved and guided her inside her room.

But whatever Sana was going to say to her or whatever reasons she had for coming to see her were not showing, because as soon as Sana had got inside her room she fell completely silent, with a love-struck silly look and a big smile.

'Oh God, this can't be happening'

Sana was looking directly at Chaeyoung, who was still drawing on top of her bed, with her short hair covering some part of her face and she was wearing the same hoodie from the day they had met.

Chaeyoung apparently noticed the movement around her and looked up, giving a glance to Mina and then looking at Sana giving her a quick smile.

Mina wanted to scream at her. All this time she had been wondering if whatever treatment she had given the girl was wrong or if she had it all wrong, she had been feeling guilty and utterly confused, but now, standing right in front of her was the same girl and seeing her completely lost just because she had met her roommate, gave her the strength to came back to life and stopped this nonsense.

She was not wrong.

This was all a big joke.

She had deserved to change rooms, she wanted to change rooms now, too.

"What's wrong with you?" Mina whispered really loud.

"Won't you introduce us, Mina?" Sana asked unashamedly

Mina could not believe this. She was mad.

It seemed Chaeyoung realized Mina was not going to say anything, so she took it upon herself to get up and extend her hand to the girl.

"HI, I'm Son Chaeyoung, Mina's favorite roommate," she joked.

Sana hadn't left her dumb state so she just took the hand and said

"Minatozaki Sana." And smiled once again.

Mina wanted to throw out.

But Chaeyoung beat her to the bathroom because as she left Sana's hand she politely bowed before passing her and head to the bathroom, making sure to take a big unnecessary jump before crossing the line and getting to the bathroom leaving the two friends alone.

Mina slapped the girl's shoulder "Yah, what's wrong with you, seriously."

"Mina, your new roommate it's gorgeous."

"What?!" Mina didn't want to hear any of it. "You can't be serious right now."

"She is. How old is she? She is so cute too."

"I have no clue, I don't like her, with her here, I miss being your roommate."

That seemed to take Sana out of her state.

"Oh yeah," Sana finally composed herself. "About that, I just wanted to say that I don't mind you changed rooms. Really, I understand how you think and..."

Mina could see her friend struggling. Once again she wanted to scream but now because of how the girl made her feel so guilty. Maybe because she was.

Mina had given this a lot of thought in these weeks. There really was nothing wrong with Sana.

Sana was such a great friend she even was standing right here apologizing for being human. Just to make everything easier on Mina.

She had made a decision.

"Sana, I'm so sorry." The girl began " you don't have to say anything just, I'm sorry for how I've been acting towards you all this time and for changing rooms too, well you can see how that backfired but, still. I've decided I.." She hesitated but continued "I've decided that even though I don't fully support you know... that. Uhm... I know you don't care if I do or not but, Yeah, I'm your friend and I'll try to learn-" Mina was a mess, "or behave, uhm, support you. I- really there is nothing wrong with you I-"

But Sana understood, that Mina wasn't there yet but she wanted to, and that was enough for her, so she decided to end the girl's misery and ty apology with some comment that she knew was going to make the girl regret everything she had just said.

"Mina it's okay, just get me your new roomie's number and I'll forgive you," Sana winked.

For the third time that day, Mina wanted to scream.

And this time she didn't stop herself.

"YAH, SANA! I was trying to- GOD!"

"Okay, okay, calm down. Get this, I really don't care what things you say about me, but I do care for our weird cute amazing friendship, the three of us, so, whenever you feel awkward around me, just say it, out loud, I'll probably answer something very smart." The girl proudly said. "I rather have you complaining with me than at my back, it's fine, I bet it'll be a hundred times more fun to have your unintended homophobia on display, I could defend myself, really, it's not a big deal, Mina, I know you want to stop feeling that way, and I'm sure Momo would appreciate it too"

"So you are just telling me to be homophobic at your face?"

"Yeah, sure," Sana smiled "You might be able to hear how dumb it sounds."

Mina was going to protest but decided not to. She believed this was the weirdest way of accepting an apology, but okay. She was going to be honest with Sana, and maybe their friendship could be way better.

"I'll be leaving now, say goodbye for me, would you?" She got closer to Mina and gave her a quick hug before disappearing through the door.

At that moment Chaeyoung got out of the bathroom and got back to her bed as always by challenging her balance on the tape.

'Silly'

"She seems nice."

"Yeah, you like her? She has a big crush on you now" Mina stated coldly.

Mina didn't realize but this was the longest sentence she had directed to the girl, leaving the day they first met aside. So Chaeyoung was surprised, she kind of had got used to talking to the girl without an answer.

And Mina didn't stop there

"I thought I'll introduce you two as a joke, now she really wants to get to know you, god, it's so weird and" Mina probably realized by now how much she was talking and directed a question to her roommate "You would like that, wouldn't you?"

Mina sat on her bed looking at Chaeyoung who was also sitting on her own bed, both now were looking at each other the only thing between them was the red tape and a few meters.

"Why would I?"

"You like girls, don't you?"

"I don't," Chaeyoung answered calmly.

"Yeah, right," Mina spat.

"What makes you say that?"

"Well, you... look like you."

Chaeyoung laughed. "That's really judgmental, Only Mina."

Mina huffed at the way she had called her, remembering their first encounter when she had stated that her name was only mina.

"Myoui."

"Excuse me?" Chaeyoung didn't quite get that.

"Myoui Mina." She decided that if she was going to try and be better about all these gay issues, and her luck kept sending her sapphic roommates she might as well tried with Chaeyoung too, just a bit.

The girl had been nice to her after all.

"Nice to meet you," Chaeyoung teased.

"This doesn't mean anything," Mina objected. "I'm just thankful for the food. And also, I couldn't keep seeing you doing a monologue every time I was around"

"Well, I do talk to myself all the time too, so."

"Whatever," Mina groaned. "Now, if you don't like girls, then you like boys?

Chaeyoung knew this question was coming, but she never was ready to answer it

"If I ever fall in love with a girl or a boy, I wouldn't mind."

"So you do like girls," Mina declared.

"Well, why do you care so much?" Chaeyoung grinned. "Wanna know if you stand a chance?"

Mina made a disgusted face "Not in your wildest dreams, Son Chaeyoung." This was the first time Mina had referred to Chaeyoung by her name.

And Chaeyoung had liked it.