So you're a girl?

Dare to Love Her

"Yes, mom, love you too... no, I'm okay, don't worry, " she stated through the phone for her mother to finally hang up. Mina had recently got to her new room at the dorms, her mother called to know if her request to change rooms had been approved. It had.

Over the last months, Mina had been sharing a room with this girl, Sana, who even though she seemed nice, made Mina feel uneasy about having to share a room with someone who was a little different. Let's say Mina wasn't fond of having a lesbian for a roommate and so, she asked for a change to the dorm supervisor giving some lame excuses as reasons for the sudden request. It's hard to actually get the petition accepted but somehow she managed. Fate seemed to be helping her.

Therefore here she was, with some heavy bags that contained her clothes and other necessary stuff for her new room, one floor below her old one.

The struggle to get with her things to the new place wasn't that bad, she would have appreciated the help but it was good exercise so she didn't mind after all.

Outside the door, she searched for the keys she was given. But then decided it was better to knock since she didn't know if her new roommate had been informed of her arrival and didn't want to disturb her on the very first day of knowing her.

After knocking three times she waited but there was no answer nor movement or noise coming from the inside. 'I guess she's not here then' she thought, and use the new key to open.

It was a simple nice room, just like her old one and every room of the building, nice space, two beds, two little night tables, one space with a table to study and a bathroom near the door. A big window next to the beds gave a nice view of campus and access to a little balcony. Mina liked this, as her old room didn't have this.

Mina felt everything was going as planned and the autumn trees you could see through the window were making her feel much at peace. She was a simple girl, enjoyed the peace and quiet, staying in bed and hanging with her mom once in a while.

She had a great family, her parents loved her very much and had a good relationship with her and her brother. Since she was a little girl, they used to go to church, and even though she doesn't go anymore, the principles of her family remained with her, and so the uality of her old roommate kinda made her feel weird having to share personal space with her. Sana befriended Mina somehow, though, and Mina was okay hanging out with her or studying. But sharing a room? she was afraid of, and so was her mother when she found out.

So right now, leaving her bags in her new bed and looking through the window the beautiful leaves falling, she felt everything getting back in its place.

"I could really get used to this view, " she said to herself while turning around and starting to unpack. Mina noticed the bed on the left side was occupied so she was fixing her stuff on the right side.

As the time passed, the sun was setting and Mina had everything set up, so she decided to take a quick shower.

Mina enjoyed showers, they helped to freshen her head and acted as a healing method. Nothing could possibly ruin her mood, or so she thought.

Getting out of the shower she heard the door being open, she quickly wrapped a towel around her body and another one to her hair.

'time to meet my new roomie'

She had left her clothes outside the bathroom so she didn't have an option but to step outside, kinda awkward to meet like that but she was gonna have to get used to anyway, right? and of course they were both girls, it was only natural.

After opening the door and stepping outside, she made herself notice "Hi, sorry I'm like this, I wasn't sure of when yo-" but she was suddenly interrupted by her own high pitch scream. Oh.

She quickly got inside the bathroom again "What in the world are you doing here!?" she shouted through the door "Who are you?"

Mina had only taken one look outside the bathroom, there, by the bed, stood Chaeyoung, her new little but fierce roommate. Chaeyoung was wearing black clothes, a hoodie and some dark skinny jeans, she was casually dressed and Mina had mistaken her for a boy. She wasn't.

"Hey there. Uhm... sorry I scared you. This is my room, are you my new roommate? Mina heard her but couldn't process a thing Chaeyoung was saying.

"What?!"

"Could you come out?"

"I won't come out! you can't possibly be my new roommate. You're a boy."

"Oh," Chaeyoung understood now.

"I'm not a boy, my name is Chaeyoung. And I do live here, so, just come and get dressed I'll look away," Chaeyoung felt kinda hurt about being confused but understood the issue, however she was getting a little impatient.

Mina on the other hand was both ashamed and mad. Why? no idea.

She now needed to get out but didn't want to. "Oh God why me?"

Some minutes passed before she accepted her destiny and went out. As promised Chaeyoung was looking the other way, and so Mina quickly put on some clothes.

"Okay, ready, " she said with her tone annoyed.

Chaeyoung turned around and saw this girl all angry staring attentively at her from head to toe. Judging her look.

"How are you a girl?" she implied.

"Excuse me?" Chaeyoung wasn't having it.

"Yeah, you heard me. What part of you could possibly be a girl?! look at your clothes! your hair and-"

What possessed Chaeyoung to do such a thing she didn't know but one thing for sure she was tired, had a long day and her new roommate yelling at her and questioning without reason wasn't something she needed right now, and so, she got closer interrupting her mid-sentence and lifting her hoodie up, showing only her bra for one long second.

Mina lost her words.

And Chaeyoung even though now kinda embarrassed, was glad a little silence was formed.

"So you're a girl."

"I'm Son Chaeyoung," she extended her hand.

Mina saw it but decided to ignore it, turned around and left without another word.

Outside the door, she let out a big breath.

"I can't believe I left one lesbian to end up with another one, great."