I've grown

Dare to Love Her

There is one thing that Mina decided on that stormy night. 

She was not going to overthink anything. There was no need to freak out, she didn't need to think about how fast her heart was whenever she was close to Chaeyoung, or how much she liked spending time with her, how easy it was to talk to the girl, how comfortable her arms were, none of that meant anything weird, she just liked to have a new friend. Someone that was so good to her, understanding, and fun. Mina could be herself around Chaeyoung, it was really refreshing, most of the time she felt as if she was wearing a mask for everyone, but the place she had created with her in their room, felt magical. Time with Chaeyoung was exciting, there was never a dull moment and if they were in silence, it was really comfortable too. Mina was happy. 

She had also had the best nights of sleep of her life, Mina believed that sleeping close to Chaeyoung was somehow the reason for her comfiness. She loved feeling that way, she loved the warmth Chaeyoung brought to her. Putting the beds together was definitely the best idea she had ever had. So yeah, Mina had no intention of worrying thinking about how scared she felt sometimes. She only wanted to keep feeling the good parts. 

That's why the only thing that mattered now is that she needed to do well in her classes and she needed to get a costume for the party that was in a couple of days so she decided to call her mother to let her know she was going to spend more money than usual. It was always too much talking with her, but it's been a while so she dialed her number and threw both herself and the phone in her bed, beds. It was on speaker and she was looking at the ceiling. 'You got this, Mina'

"Hi, honey." The voice of her mother resonated in the whole room. "I've missed you, how are you?" 

"I'm okay, Mom, how are you?"

"Oh, I'm just glad to hear your voice, did something happen?"

"I can call you just because."

"That'd be really nice but I know my daughter," Mina rolled her eyes, "tell me why you're calling."

"Okay, you're right." Mina was annoyed for no reason. "I just wanted to let you know that I'll be spending more money, I'm going to a party and I need a costume." 

"Oh, that's lovely, that your going out, is Momo going?" 

"Yes, Mom, she is."

"Wonderful then, is your other friend going?" Her mother asked about Sana, Mina was not sure if telling the truth. 

"Uh, yeah, she is going too..." 

Her mother sighed. "Okay, love, I get that you're friends, just take care" 'Take care?' 

"What do you mean?" Mina was not liking the way this was going.

"Oh, you know, because if she is going then, I don't know, Mina, you don't know how these people are, just don't let her do anything to you."

"Mom, she is not going to do anything, what people are you talking about?" 

"Mina, don't make me say it, you know what I'm talking about, people like your friend, at least she's girly enough to disguise it, not like others that look so boyish, honestly, what's the point?" Mina couldn't help but think of Chaeyoung, she had confused the girl when they met, but now she felt there was nothing boyish with her, she didn't like her mother talking like that, it had been hard for her to get out of her mind that there was nothing wrong with Sana or anyone. 

"Mom, is really that so bad?"

"It's simply not normal, Mina." She felt something on her chest, it was really annoying to hear her mother saying this now, was this how her friends felt when she used to look at them bad?

She needed to say something, but she felt nervous. Yet... she felt curious. "What if I were like that?" 

"Don't say that Mina, that would be really sad, but you're not like that, you're perfect." 'Right, perfect Mina' 

"Okay then, I told you about the money, I'll go now." 

"Wait, darling, has Kwan talked to you?" 'Oh not him again' 

"Why would he?" 

"I told him to go see you, you should go out with him." 

"Mom, I've told you I don't like him," Mina remembered the guy, her mother has been planning for the both of them to date since forever, he was really sweet and all but he was older than Mina and really boring. 

"But he's lovely," her mother insisted. "I'll let him know you miss him."

"But I don't, don't tell him anything." 

"He is just so nice, okay darling, take care now, bye." Her mother hanged up and Mina let out a big breath. 'great' 

She needed to forget that phone call, so she was going to ask Momo or Sana about going to buy costumes and probably eat something so as she was sending them a couple of texts, she felt the door, making her smile. Chaeyoung got in and left her things on her chair as usual. "Hey," she greeted Mina and threw herself on the bed where Mina was sitting. "I'm tired." 

"You look tired," Mina agreed, getting closer to her. "Were your classes too much?" 

"Mhh," Chaeyoung hummed and buried her head on a pillow. 'cry baby' Mina reached Chaeyoung's hair to make her feel better. "Thanks," Chaeyoung said with her face still on the pillow. Since the weekend, every action of affection like this one came out so naturally. It was nothing out of the ordinary for Chaeyoung to get there tired and act like a cry baby while Mina caressed her hair. 

"You should get some sleep," Mina whispered. "I'm going out."

"No, where are you going?" Chaeyoung complained. 

"I need to get a costume, you know that." 

"Oh," Chaeyoung turned to look at her, so Mina removed her hand, "don't take too long, then." 

It was really cute seeing Chaeyoung like that, Mina was finding it hard to go now, but she had already made plans.

"Don't miss me too much." She got up from the bed to find her things. Chaeyoung went back to the pillow. "Don't fall asleep like that, get in bed," Mina spoke last before leaving to which Chaeyoung just groaned. 'cry baby' 

She waited for Sana on the stairs of the building, since the girl was only a floor above hers and they went together to get Momo. On her way to Momo's dorm, Mina tried to make conversation.

"How are things going with Tzuyu?" Sana looked at her weirdly 'I know, I know, I've grown'

"Uh," Sana was surprised but she smiled either way, "it's going, we've been texting a lot, but we haven't seen each other since the first date." Mina felt proud of herself, talking about this with Sana like a real friend. "How are you?" Sana asked probably referring to Mina's perfectly good mood. 

"I'm okay," she said. "I'm excited to go out this weekend." 

"Yeah, I'm sure we'll have a great time." They reached Momo's and they texted her to come down. Momo got there and greeted both of them with a smile and a hug. 

"Hi, Momoring," Mina smiled, it was so obvious that she was having a good day.

"Hey," Momo smiled back, "let's go." They left to look for what they needed, Mina was not sure of what she was going to get, she'll probably decide on the spot. After a while they reached one of the stores they were going to check, it had a lot of costumes, Mina was hoping to get everything fast. 

Looking through the place Sana found something she liked. "Momo, look," she exclaimed. "I'd look cute in this." 

Momo got closer to look. "Sana, I bet you don't even know who that is," Momo laughed. Mino got closer too. 

"That's the Joker's girlfriend," Mina said. "She's right, Momoring, she would look cute in it." 

"Thanks, Minari, have you found anything?" Momo just laughed. 

"I like this," Mina pointed to one of the costumes in a clothing hanger. 

"Uh, that's..." Sana began. "What is that?" 

Momo laughed again. "Do you even know anyone from here?" 

"Yeah, as a matter of fact, I do," Sana defended herself. "Look," she said reaching for something behind her. "This is Cruella, you'll look good with it, it suits you." 

"What's that suppose to mean?" Momo tried to look serious but she was laughing either way. 

"I can totally see it," Mina agreed with Sana. "You should take it, Momoring." 

"Really?" Momo asked. "Okay, then would that be all?" 

"I guess so," Sana said but then added. "Wait, shouldn't we buy a gift or something?" 

"Oh, Nayeon said that there was no need, that if we wanted to help with something it could be with drinks, so we can buy that later," Momo explained. 

"Great," Mina smiled. "Let's pay for this." They got what they needed and walked out with their bags. 

"Should we head back or should we eat outside?" Sana asked. 

"I want chicken," Momo answered. 

"I think you guys can go eat, I will go back now." 

"But we were supposed to eat," Momo complained. 

"Oh," Mina felt a bit exposed. "I know, sorry, I need to go back." 

"Where?" 

"To my room." 

"Why the rush?" Momo asked intrigued. "You have to finish something?"

"No, I just promised Chaeyoung I was going back soon." Mina felt there was no need to lie about that.

"Ah," Momo looked down. "Okay." 

"Well, then we'll see you, Minari," Sana smiled. "Say hi for us." 

"Will do." And she left, happy to be heading back sooner than expected. On her way there she bought food for Chaeyoung and her. When she reached the dorms it was almost dark. Mina felt something in her, she was happy, yes, but she also felt something that she couldn't describe, knowing that Chaeyoung was waiting for her, made her anxious in a good way.

"Wake up," she exclaimed once she got through the door. 

"No," Chaeyoung answered back, but she was not sleeping, she had brought another canvass, a bit bigger than the last one, she was painting.

Mina left the food and stared at Chaeyoung, it was normal for her to keep staring at the girl, but seeing Chaeyoung painting was one of her favorite views of her. So she got closer and put her head on her shoulder, Chaeyoung didn't say anything but suddenly Mina felt something cold on her nose. Chaeyoung had used the paintbrush on her. Mina left the shoulder complaining. "Why did you do that for?" Chaeyoung was laughing. 

"Because I know you were staring." She had left the brush now and was looking at Mina with an entertained face. "It's your punishment for being nosey."

"But I brought you food," Mina pouted. "You should treat me nice."

"Don't pout." Chaeyoung was still laughing. "But you look cute with the paint, it's red, you're a clown now."

"Oh, great," Mina cheered. "Now we are the same."

"Ha, ha real funny." Chaeyoung grabbed a baby wipe and handed it to Mina. "Let's eat," she said. But Mina didn't take the baby wipe, she grabbed Chaeyoung's hand and pull from it. 

"You clean it," she demanded. Chaeyoung sighed. 

"Well, I guess it's only fair." So she got closer to Mina, who sat on the bed with her head up so Chaeyoung could clean her nose. Chaeyoung grabbed Mina's head. "Stay still." Mina was regretting her petition because her heart had started acting funny once again, something she had felt this whole week. Something that she liked but made her nervous either way. When Chaeyoung started removing the paint slowly, she closed her eyes, it was in these kinds of moments, that her decision of not overthinking her actions didn't feel right, she should be thinking about this, but she couldn't, no. 'It's okay, Mina, nothing wrong here' 

"Mina," Chaeyoung interrupted her scary thoughts. 

"What?" She asked opening her eyes. 

"Let go of me." 

"What?" Mina was confused, and then realized she was holding Chaeyoung's hips. She felt embarrassed. "Sorry." She looked down releasing Chaeyoung. 

"It's fine." Chaeyoung left her to take the bags and set the table. 'the is wrong with me'  She threw herself back falling on the bed looking up waiting for Chaeyoung to call her. 

"Okay, let's eat now" Chaeyoung had everything ready, Mina left her embarrassment behind and got up to sit on the floor with her.

"What costume did you get?" Chaeyoung started the conversation. 

"I won't tell you." 

"Why not?"

"So you can be surprised at the party," Mina smiled. "By the way, is it true that I don't have to buy a gift?"

"Nayeon said there was no need, I'm still buying one because Jeongyeon's my friend, but you don't have to, just bring some drinks." 

"That's what Momo said," Mina nodded. "I just wanted to make sure."

"Nayeon and Momo seem to get along well," Chaeyoung commented.

"Yeah," Mina agreed. "I'm pretty sure Momo convinced her to be less hard on me..." Mina smiled a little. 

"Probably." Chaeyoung left some food on Mina's plate. "So, would you at least tell me what your friends are going as?"

"Mhh," Mina thought for a moment. "No, that would be no fun." 

"Well, I guess you're right, then I'm not telling you either."

"I didn't ask." 

"I bet you're dying to know, you are so nosey."

"I'm not." 

"Right." 

Mina was smiling throughout the whole conversation, being here eating with Chaeyoung was such a safe place. Yeah, she almost ed up but she ignored that, it was not a big deal, right? She was happy. They ate everything and then cleaned up. Mina went to take a shower and put on her pajamas, then Chaeyoung used the bathroom too. Mina was already on bed when Chaeyoung got there too, making sure to have her night lamp on. 'Cute'  She said goodnight to Mina and her side to sleep. Mina stayed awake for a bit. 

"Today I asked Sana about Tzuyu," Mina whispered out loud what she had been thinking, it was normal of them too to talk a bit before sleeping.

"Mhh," Chaeyoung groaned. "Did you?"

"Yeah, I was nice and everything." Mina felt like a kid telling her parents about school. 

"Well done, then." Chaeyoung was sleepy. "You are cured." 

"Don't say it like that." Mina threw her hand at Chaeyoung hitting her back. 

"Don't hit me," Chaeyoung complained. "Good night." 

"Good night," Mina answered back, but she was not sleepy yet, and bothering Chaeyoung was the best source of entertainment. "Do you think they'd make a cute couple?" 

"Mhh," Chaeyoung groaned once again. "I'm glad that you can talk about it now, but it's late." 

"Just answer me," Mina complained in a quiet voice. "I'm not sleepy," she pouted. 

"I can hear you pouting," Chaeyoung turned to her back, "stop that."

"Okay," Mina accepted. "But do you?"

"Yeah, why not." Chaeyoung's voice sounded like she had given up trying to sleep. 

"No, I don't know," Mina explained. "I was just asking, Tzuyu seems quiet and Sana is not."

"Then they complement each other," Chaeyoung yawned. "Try to sleep now."

Mina felt she needed to let the girl sleep now but there was one thing that she also wanted, she was not afraid to ask, but she was afraid of wanting to. Because she knew exactly how it would feel, she wanted to feel like that again, but it was scary for her to want that.  

"Chaeyoung," she began slowly. The girl just hummed as an answer. "...Could you hold me to sleep?" Mina was nervous. Chaeyoung didn't say anything for a moment but then she turned to mina and extended her arms. Mina smiled and moved closer. They had been in this position a few times now. Mina with her head on Chaeyoung's chest and Chaeyoung holding her. What Mina wanted to feel again, was her own heart going fast, but feeling calmed at the same time. Another thing Mina wanted to feel again, as always, was Chaeyoung's warmth. And the last thing Mina wanted to feel, was Chaeyoung's heartbeat because it was less scary when she realized that her heart was not the only one beating like that. "Thank you," she whispered last before closing her eyes to sleep.