Juicy

Dare to Love Her

It's been a while since she has gone out on a date like this, meaning going out with someone that she barely knows, usually, Sana would meet someone cute and try to befriend them, and then there would be feelings involved and she would try to act on them and everything would end up bad. It was not normal of her to just ask a girl out, so bold like that, but she felt confident enough to do so, so here she was getting ready to go get coffee with Tzuyu.

She had texted her a couple of days ago, after watching the art exhibition with Momo, that one Chaeyoung had left in the middle of, which Sana thought was a bit odd, by the way, but Mina had said she was fine. Her crush for Chaeyoung had died, but she still thought that the girl was really beautiful and nice although she was a little awkward. So yeah, she texted Tzuyu because she missed having someone, someone in a romantic way, because she still had Momo and well, Mina but that was complicated. Tzuyu took a while before answering, Sana remembered how her friend had had to help Tzuyu to finally give her number, she imagined this time she had also got some help from her. It wasn't the best conversation she had ever had, it wasn't bad either, it was just, precise, which made Sana doubt if the girl was actually interested in going out, but she decided she was going to figure that out today, there was no need to come up with rushed conclusions. What is a bit weird for her still is that she's Chaeyoung's friend, but it's not like they have to talk about that at all, she wants to get to know Tzuyu. 'It will go fine, Sana, you got this'

It was simple, they were just going to get coffee at the usual place, it was a nice not so chilly Sunday afternoon and Sana was wearing the best outfit she had been able to put together, she was wearing perfume and make up too, she wanted to leave an impression on this girl. She was going to really try, that didn't mean that she was not nervous, though. 'Should I have bought flowers?, no, no, that's too much' Just a bit. 'Maybe chocolate, no, what if she's allergic. Okay, Sana don't worry, just go' So she left for the coffee shop a bit earlier than agreed on, but she wanted to be there on time. The place was tiny and empty, which was nice, she got to one of the few tables and sat to wait for her date. 'What a nice thing to say, me on a date, with a beautiful girl, life is good' But Sana was worried if Tzuyu was actually coming, just minutes had passed but she was feeling anxious. To distract herself she texted Momo. 'I need to change her name'

To Momoisthebest 5:03 pm
Bby what if she doesn't come  🥺

From Momoisthebest 5:03 pm
i was waiting for your text, shell be there
and if she isnt then its her lost and you let me know so i can go and you can buy me something instead

To Momoisthebest 5:04 pm
do you want me to bring you something later?

But she did not get to see Momo's answer because a voice called for her.

"Sana," Tzuyu said softly, she was standing next to the table, Sana looked at her and well, she had lost her breath. Tzuyu looked beautiful. So Sana, for some reason stood up and greeted her.

"Hey," she smiled. "You're here." Tzuyu sat down so Sana did too again.

"Was I not supposed to?" Tzuyu asked taking her coat off. Sana stared at her every move.

"Ah, no," Sana said. "I mean you were, you are- I was just worried you did not want to actually come." She was not up to a great start but she smiled at Tzuyu either way, her smile was a strength.

"I wouldn't have accepted if I didn't want to come."

"Right." An awkward silence was formed for a moment until Sana reacted. "What should I get for you?" And so Sana went to ask for what Tzuyu had asked and her own usual order, since there was no one it was all pretty fast and she returned to the table in a bit. "Here you go." She handed Tzuyu her coffee and they both had also asked for some blueberry muffins.

"Thanks." Sana felt Tzuyu was not going to do much talking so she would need to get on her full extrovert mode.

"You look beautiful by the way," Sana smiled once again leaning her head to the side. "Well, you are." She saw how Tzuyu looked down for a bit and gave her a quick shy smile, it would do for now.

"You too," Tzuyu simply answered back. 'adorable'

"So, tell me, what are you majoring in?"

"I'm a psychology major."

"Really?" Sana for some reason was not expecting that.

"Uh, yes." Tzuyu was not making any eye contact with her, but Sana kept looking for it whenever she talked.

"I'm majoring in communications," Sana decided that maybe she was going to talk more about herself and see if Tzuyu would follow. "I want to be a journalist," she smiled.

"Dahyun is majoring in communications too."

"Oh, is she your friend from the other day?"

"Ah, right, yes. She, Chaeyoung, and I have been friends since high school," Tzuyu smiled at that, a big smile. Sana could feel the emotion of her voice while talking about her friends so she decided to keep talking about that.

"You know Chaeyoung since high school?" Sana felt curious.

"Yes," Tzuyu smiled again. "She looks the same, well she had long hair then."

"Really?" Sana thought she must look fine with it too. "Did she look good with it? I can't quite picture it." Tzuyu seemed to be more relaxed now.

"She did, all hairstyles suit her." Tzuyu took a sip of her coffee and continued. "She cut it not so long ago."

"I see." Sana felt more comfortable now that Tzuyu had said more words. "Would you ever consider cutting yours?"

"Oh, no," Tzuyu frowned at that. "I don't think it'd suit me." Sana smiled, Tzuyu was really adorable in the way she talked. Then Tzuyu added, "Chaeyoung is the daring one of the three of us, she's just so random sometimes."

"She doesn't seem like it much," Sana remembered how awkward the girl had been when they talked, "well, I don't know her." 'And I don't want to anymore, I'm trying to get to know you'

"Are you really friends with Mina?" 'thank you, Mina, you really are helping with my reputation'  Sana thought that this wasn't the best topic to discuss right now but okay.

"I know it's hard to believe, but yes," Sana tried to explain. "She is really nice actually." Tzuyu seemed to think for a second.

"But didn't you see what she did to Chaeyoung?" Sana sighed, 'bold of me to think we wouldn't have to talk about Chaeyoung at all'

"It's complicated." Sana didn't want to go into detail, but Tzuyu seemed to react at that.

"That again, Chaeyoung said the same thing, why is everyone making up excuses for her?" 'why do you keep talking about Chaeyoung is a better question but okay'

"Because it's true, but she's trying." Sana wanted to end this topic. "She is better with her now, they seem to get along, isn't that good?"

Tzuyu scoffed. "Yeah, right, but Chaeyoung is completely infatuated."

Sana was not expecting to hear that, well, Sana had not intended to talk about them at all. "What do you mean?"

"I-" But Tzuyu hesitated now, apparently she had not wanted to say that. "Don't you think Mina is just taking advantage of Chaeyoung's kindness?"

"Mina is not like that." Sana had a difficult relationship with the girl, but she knows Mina is not a bad person. "If she didn't like Chaeyoung she just wouldn't talk with her at all, but she does, they are actually friends."

"But Chaeyoung-"

"Tzuyu," Sana stopped her mid-sentence. "Don't you think we should talk about something else?"

"I just don't understand how you can be friends with her."

"Don't you trust Chaeyoung?" Sana was a bit annoyed now, Tzuyu was making a big deal.

"She is not seeing clearly," Tzuyu stated. Sana just sighed again. 'well thanks a lot, Mina' She didn't know what else to say so she took her phone to see Momo's answer, Sana was not one to use her phone in the middle of a conversation just like that but she was frustrated.

From Momoisthebest 5:05 pm
No, youre good ill get something myself.
did tzuyu arrived?🙂
i guess she did😛

To Momoisthebest 5:36 pm
she won't shut up about Chaeyoung
sos

From Momoisthebest 5:36pm
why?💩

To Momoisthebest 5:36 pm
she's mad about the mina thing

From Momoisthebest 5:37 pm
but theyre good now, more than good👍🏼

To Momoisthebest 5:37 pm
thats what i said but she's mad about that too

"Sana," Tzuyu suddenly called her. Sana knew she was being rude, but she wanted Tzuyu to realize she was being annoying with the whole thing. She just left her phone and raised her head.

"Do you actually wanted to go out with me or you were just hoping to trash Mina and talk about Chaeyoung?" Sana asked in a sad tone. "Because you could have let me know sooner."

Tzuyu seemed to reflect on that, she looked at her empty cup of coffee for a while. "I actually haven't dated anyone," 'Okay, I was not expecting that'  "I shouldn't have talked like that about your friend, and I really should shut up about Chaeyoung, I know," Tzuyu sighed and made eye contact with Sana for like the second time. "I do think you're really pretty and I'm just being annoying, could we start over?"

Tzuyu's voice seemed sincere, Sana had been annoyed at the girl, but she was adorable and knowing that she had never dated anyone made Sana feel sorry to be acting like that. "I'd like that," Sana smiled. So Tzuyu got up to buy more coffee, and they talked about important stuff this time, important meaning just about the two of them and no one else. Tzuyu talked to her about how she had been nervous about accepting, it turns out Dahyun indeed had helped Tzuyu to get there, Sana felt she needed to let her know she was thankful. They had a great conversation now that Tzuyu had been honest with her and the previous topic was forgotten. Sana could not believe the girl hadn't dated anyone before, she was so nice and funny, she didn't even realize how funny she was. After some hours of getting to know each other, they decided to leave.

"Should I walk you to your dorm?" There were fewer clouds in the sky and the sun was setting, it was a lovely scene, Sana felt more than happy. For a moment she had thought that it was not going to work out but then Tzuyu had been so nice, she had really enjoyed their time together, it was sad it was getting to an end, but she was going to make sure they could go out again soon.

"If you want to," Tzuyu answered, Sana had learned that Tzuyu was really quiet and calm, she took her time with everything, it was really sweet.

"I would love to." And so they walked really slowly, Sana was not really slow with anything but this slow felt nice, in previous dates she had been to, she was more bold and fast at everything, by this time she should probably be holding Tzuyu's hand, but she could see how the girl was okay with how they were now, so she was not going to pressure her, at all. It felt nice to slow down.

"Sorry for being terrible at this," Tzuyu spoke in the middle of their walk.

Sana found it adorable that the girl was apologizing for that, she had not been terrible at all. "Just at the beginning, then it was great." Sana was honest. "I think you did more than fine, I would like to go out again."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course," Sana giggled a bit at the insecurity of Tzuyu, it was really weird because she really believed that Tzuyu had been wonderful. "You shouldn't doubt yourself, you're amazing." After that, they kept quiet until they reached the dorm and Tzuyu spoke.

"Then, if you really want to, then... we should go out again." Tzuyu was not making eye contact once again but Sana moved her head to look for her eyes, she caught Tzuyu a bit flushed. 'she's so sweet'

"I'll text you," Sana smiled, "or I'll call you." Tzuyu smiled a bit too and then turned to go inside. Sana kept looking at her with a smile on her face and Tzuyu turned back to see Sana before getting in, waving, so Sana waved too. Then she was gone so Sana left too. She felt on the clouds, she wanted to tell Momo all about it once again.

 

 

***

 

 

"Momo get the door." Nayeon and Momo had been talking more and getting along since Nayeon screamed at her, when Mina left that day, she kept complaining to Momo, but Momo calmed her down and they talked about it, that's how Nayeon decided to forgive Mina, barely, and started to get closer to her roommate.

"I don't want to."

"It's probably for you," Nayeon complained. "I'm not expecting anyone."

"Please, please Nayeonnie," Momo insisted. Nayeon had recently got to her room, she had found Momo practically sleeping, apparently, the girl had spent the whole day in bed. 'she could use standing even for a bit' But she went to get the door either way. As expected it wasn't for her.

"Hello, Nayeon," Sana smiled. "Is Momo here?"

"Been here all day," Nayeon accused her roommate, letting Sana in. "See Momo, it was for you."

"Yah, Momo have you really been in bed all day?" Sana got to Momo's bed and hit her arm. 'deserved'

"Well not everyone is going on dates with pretty girls," Momo excused herself by referring to Sana. At that Nayeon remembered she had heard about Sana talking to Tzuyu so she got interested in their conversation. Momo sat on her bed, leaving space for Sana. "I know you're dying to tell me just do it." Nayeon could see how smiley Sana looked, more than usual. 'wow, Tzuyu, who would've thought'

"Momo it was-" Sana started with so much energy but stopped, looking at Nayeon. 'c'mon I wanna know too'

"You can talk freely, I won't say anything to her, she probably won't say anything to me either," Nayeon reassured Sana. "Actually I'm really intrigued, could I be part of this conversation?" She really wanted to know how things went.

"I don't know if Tzuyu would mind..." Sana seemed to doubt. 'Please, you're dying to tell, don't be all correct now'

"Oh, she won't mind," Nayeon lied. "She won't even know, come on, It's for the best, I can give you advice." And the truth is she could help Tzuyu too, Nayeon really wanted to know how is that it went well, knowing Tzuyu and all, it was weird she had even accepted to go out, 'How could she just gave up her precious Chaeyoung.' Sana looked serious for a moment and then she smiled again.

"Okay, okay," she looked too excited, "I guess you're right."

"How is it that you're so happy?" Momo spoke again. "Your text was not." 'details, details'

"She apologized and we started all over." Sana was looking nothing in particular with a silly smile. Nayeon thought it was funny how happy she was, she wondered if Tzuyu had a great time too.

"Wait," Nayeon interrupted. "What happened before? I don't know the whole story."

"Well she," Sana was still hesitant to let Nayeon know all. "She was mad at Mina." 'Oh, there it is' "And she wouldn't shut up about Chaeyoung." 'See, I knew it, of course she didn't' "But then she realized how annoyed I was and she apologized." 'Aw, that's so nice Tzuyu, well done'

"Did she?" Nayeon asked. "How so?"

Sana smiled at the memory and looked at Nayeon. "She said she was nervous," and then looked at Momo, "she had never dated anyone, Momoring, it was the cutest."

"Did she actually say all that to you?" Nayeon was surprised, maybe Sana would be the cure for Tzuyu's forever crush.

"Yes, she even told me how Dahyun had to encourage her to go," Sana turned to Nayeon, "she also helped her when I asked for her number, it was so funny."

"My babies are all growing up," Nayeon faked cry. "Those two are bickering all the time, I didn't know they actually helped each other too."

Sana laughed at that. "Well, then we talked a bit about everything and I walked her to her dorm."

"You're the best, Sana, I'd date you," Momo joked.

"That's right, you should date someone," Sana clapped happily. "We could have double dates."

Nayeon noticed how Momo gave Sana a sad smile. "Yeah, someday," she said. Nayeon felt the conversation was going to another topic that she probably shouldn't participate in. Sana abandoned her happy state and gave a look to Momo.

"Momo, don't smile at me like that," Sana talked louder. "You will date someone, I know it, you can't just be sad about it, you have to take action, like me."

"It's not that easy."

"It's not that hard either."

Nayeon continued looking at the both of them, it seemed they were going to argue, the topic apparently was a bit sensitive.

"You don't even know how I feel."

"Of course I do, you're my friend!" Sana looked hurt. "If she can't see it, it doesn't mean that I can't, I actually do pay attention."

'she?' Nayeon now really felt she probably needed to leave, but at the same time, she wanted to know more. 'Momo likes girls too?'

"You don't know what you're saying." Momo looked away from Sana, who was looking really pissed and worried at the same time.

"I'm not blind, Momo."

'Okay, I'm not blind either but who are you talking about, c'mon, I want names'

"Okay, then you're not seeing clearly," Momo answered back. "Why are we even discussing this?"

"Because you're not being fair to yourself." Sana got closer to Momo. "It's not a bad thing, you know it. I want you to be happy."

"I am happy."

"I'm serious, Momo, please stop lying to yourself." 'interesting'

"I'm not lying to anyone!"

"You're lying to Mina." 'Oh, juicy'

At the mention of Mina, Momo got up from the bed. "Sana just go, we can talk another day." 'oh, oh'

"I never talk to you about this because I know you won't listen." 'I feel you, Sana'

"Please, I don't want to, okay?" Momo looked really down now. "I'm really happy about your date, Tzuyu seems lovely, you can talk to me about it whenever you want, but right now you really need to leave, okay?" After arguing, she was still nice to Sana, apparently, Momo could see how Sana was just worried, about what, Nayeon had no idea, but she sure wanted to know. Sana just got up to hug Momo and she whispered something in her ear that Nayeon could not hear. She smiled awkwardly at Nayeon and she left.

"Well that was intense," Nayeon tried to joke

"Sorry."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really," Momo seemed troubled, "it's not important."

"Well, it seemed important, if it affects you then it is." More than Nayeon's interest in knowing what that was about, she was a great listener and a great advice giver, she could help Momo. "I may have another perspective of things, you know? From the outside, you can see clearly."

Momo looked like she really needed to talk about it, but just couldn't, Nayeon didn't want to pressure her either so she just waited for an answer. "How much did you figure out from what you heard?"

"That's a good question," Nayeon thought for a moment, she had not understood much. "Uh, apparently you're afraid of dating? And something about lying and something about Mina."

Momo sighed and got to her bed again. "I like Mina."

"WHAT?" Nayeon let out too loud. "I mean, what?" Momo laughed at her.

"I know, right?" Momo sounded sad. "I've never said that out loud before, it feels weird."

"Well, I'm honored, then," Nayeon was completely shocked too, "but, why? I mean-"

"No, it's okay, I know it makes no sense," Momo sighed once again. "I will get over it, Sana it's just making a whole deal out of it and I've never actually said the words to her because it will be too real and she would worry much more."

"You know," Nayeon wanted to make Momo feel better, "I know someone that has had a crush for another someone for a really long time, like a lot, but never acted on it, never tried to confess or anything, it was really annoying, but today- I mean, but one day she- I mean, that someone went on date with someone else, and had a great time." 'real smooth'  "What I'm trying to say is that it's okay if you don't want to tell her, I mean knowing Mina I don't think it would be for the best, but, you shouldn't deny yourself from seeing other people."

"The thing is I'm not brave enough to receive from her the things Sana deals with." Momo's voice was a bit shaky, Nayeon felt bad for her. "I can get over her, but I can't have her judging me."

"Momo, if she does that, then she doesn't deserve to be your friend, besides, wasn't she trying now with the whole I'm not homophobic thing?"

"She is, it has worked for the most part, but sometimes she still snaps at Sana out of nowhere, I couldn't deal with something like that."

Nayeon got closer to Momo's bed and grabbed her shoulder. "Hey, you owe her nothing," Nayeon smiled. "You don't have to hide, if she cares for you, your friendship won't be affected." Momo sighed. "You don't have to tell her, but you shouldn't forbid yourself from dating people either."

"Would you mind keeping this a secret?"

"Don't worry, I wouldn't out you just like that."

"Thank you, Nayeon," Momo smiled at her a bit. "It did feel good to talk about it."

It was a lot to process, Nayeon went to bed thinking about Tzuyu's success and Momo's dilemma. She couldn't talk about Momo's revelation with anyone, but she could talk about Tzuyu's so she decided to text her.

To Tzuyu 10:12pm
Heard you went on a date today
I'm proud of you.


That would be enough, she knows Tzuyu would probably answer something silly, but deep down she was going to be grateful of Nayeon's words.

From  Tzuyu 10:15pm
suddenly I can't read

Nayeon sighed 'She's lucky I love her'

The next morning she had classes early, the whole morning until lunchtime. It was exhausting but she made it with a smile because she would see Chaeyoung today and it's been a while. She got to the campus cafeteria and found Chaeyoung with Dahyun and Tzuyu. They probably would have lunch all together and later the two of them would go out to get costumes and stuff for Halloween.

"Hey, lover girl." Nayeon got to the table with her food. Chaeyoung looked up immediately with a frown on her face. 'so much for not feeling'  "I'm not talking to you." Chaeyoung looked down again, embarrassed. 'clown' Nayeon then turned to Tzuyu. "Won't you tell me how it went?"

"I tried," Dahyun answered. "She just said it was okay as if that was enough." She continued eating her food.

"Apparently you already know a good amount." Tzuyu looked at Nayeon. "What else would you need to know?"

"I wanna know if you had a great time, because," Nayeon grinned at Tzuyu, "I only got to hear Sana's excitement, she was really happy." At that Tzuyu looked surprised. 'cute'

"Did she really?" Nayeon felt like laughing at Tzuyu's adorableness. "Tell me what she said."

"Oh, so now you want to talk." Nayeon was enjoying this too much. "Okay, I'll tell you but then you need to tell us how did it go."

"Please!" Dahyun exclaimed. Chaeyoung was smiling at the situation quietly, she was way too quiet but Nayeon guessed they'd talk about that later.

"Okay, deal." Tzuyu seemed really interested in Nayeon's information. "Jut tell me."

"Well, she went to talk to Momo about it, but you know I just happened to hear a bit."

Tzuyu rolled her eyes and Chaeyoung whispered, "Of course you did."

"Anyway, she was really excited, Tzuyu, really," Nayeon talked more seriously now. "She said that you had had a rough start but then it was all more than perfect, she found you adorable." Tzuyu got completely crimsoned and looked down. "Did you have a great time too?"

"I did," Tzuyu simply said. "I'm happy I went."

"You're welcome," Dahyun answered and Tzuyu gave her an annoyed looked. They kept eating and then Dahyun and Tzuyu said goodbye, they had other plans. Nayeon had her own plans with Chaeyoung so they started walking outside campus.

"You've been awfully quiet..."

"I'm fine." Chaeyoung was walking really slow. "I've just been thinking."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"That's the thing, I'm not sure if I should tell you." She kept looking down. "You'll probably laugh at me."

"So it's about Mina," Nayeon sighed. 'what's with this Mina girl, seriously she's not that pretty'

Chaeyoung kept walking now looking forward. "I spent the whole weekend with her."

"Your first mistake."

"No, but," Chaeyoung was having trouble explaining herself, "Nayeon I swear I'm not that crazy."

"What happened?"

"She was..." Chaeyoung was looking for the right words. "She was so nice to me."

"Okay, we've talked about this, being nice doesn't mean anything else" 'please, I'm nice to everyone'

"No, but she was more than nice, we had a great time, she was so..."

"Just say it, Chaeyoungie, please"

"Clingy, she was so clingy, okay?" Chaeyoung looked embarrassed. "She was all over me, I'm not making this up."

"Are you sure it wasn't just your mind seeing other things?"

"NO!" Chaeyoung was troubled. "See, that's why I was hesitant to tell you."

"Look, Chaeyoung, I know she is been trying to be nice and all, maybe that's what she is doing with you and you guys get along."

"It's not just that, I can feel it."

"I told you not to feel." 'does nobody listen to me?'

"I didn't do anything, Nayeon, she is the one that's been acting weird, she's-" But Chaeyoung didn't finish, it looked like she just couldn't explain it.

"Chaeyoungie I'm sure it's nothing, don't overthink it, please." Nayeon wanted Chaeyoung to ignore the whole thing. "Even if she was, it's still dangerous, I won't have you crying in my room, okay? Let's just talk about other things, you need to distract yourself."

Chaeyoung sighed. "You're right." She turned to Nayeon and tried to smile. "I need to dye my hair."

"You're not dying your hair."

"Okay, then I need temporary hair color."

"Who are you gonna be?"

"The Joker."

"Oh, not you too."

"What?"

"Jeongyeon's been obsessing over superheroes or I don't know, she likes Batman so she wants to be Batgirl and I want us to match, so I'll have to be something like Catwoman."

"You'd look hot."

"I know right."

"Wait, how is Jeongyeon dressing up without knowing it's her birthday party"

"Oh, I just told her we were going to a Halloween party, she won't know it's also for her."

"That's smart."

"I'm not just a pretty face."

That was a great distraction, they didn't talk about Chaeyoung's feelings and Nayeon helped her to find everything for her costume, they also looked for the ones Nayeon needed and a lot of Halloween decorations. They returned to campus by sunset. Before parting ways, Nayeon needed to ask something.

"Hey, Chaeyoungie," Chaeyoung looked at her waiting for the rest of the sentence, "do you think I should ask Jeongyeon to make it official at the party?" Chaeyoung smiled at her.

"You want to ask? I thought you wanted her to ask you."

"I did, but it took her months to finally kiss me, and then she needed weeks to process that too," Nayeon was smiling while complaining, "I don't want to wait for like a year or more."

"Then you should go for it, it's not like she would reject you."

"That's right, great then, I'll do it." Nayeon then looked at Chaeyoung's tired face. "And you, you keep your sanity, okay?"

"I won't promise anything," Chaeyoung said goodbye and left, Nayeon kept looking at her. 'Chaeyoungie, please don't get hurt'