Epilogue: She said my name?

Dare to Love Her

(*Mina's final reflection was inspired by Mamamoo's song, Paint Me.)

"Have you ever done it in an empty apartment?"

"It's not that empty."

"So have you?"

"Can't say that I have, no."

Leaving a box aside, Dahyun's wandering hands surrounded Momo's waist. "Then should we?"

"No," Momo said patting Dahyun's hand on her stomach. "Anyone could get here."

"Bummer," Dahyun let go. "Would've been a great story."

"Who would you even tell that story to?" Momo smiled to herself, she knew Dahyun would not have trouble telling the story to anyone.

"I don't know," Dahyun shrugged. "The girls. Although, no. Wait. I can't keep encouraging the belief on their heads that we are some kind of addicts."

"They don't think that," Momo now laughed at loud, turning around, "they all know you are just a softie," she kissed Dahyun's nose and turned around again this time walking away to leave some bags.

"They don't know that," Dahyun protested following Momo but forgetting the box she was supposed to carry. They had asked enough of her just by taking the thing there. "I mean- I'm not."

Momo hummed and ignored her so Dahyun just frowned staring at Momo taking things out of the bag and placing them. When Momo finished she turned to Dahyun again, smiling at the cute frown she still had. She was not sure how or when but she got to a point where she started to feel everything Dahyun did was cute.

But they still had their vibe from day one. This Momo loved the most.

"How about..." she got closer to Dahyun slowly and grabbed the belt loops from the waistband of her pants now pulling from them she managed to move both of them to the nearest wall where she supported her back. Dahyun didn't use resistance, only followed Momo accordingly.

Suddenly they were the only people that existed. Momo leaned to let Dahyun know she wanted a kiss and that was it. Dahyun pressed their lips together as Momo only brought her closer. Dahyun could swear their kisses were one of a kind because she had kissed many beautiful girls, but Momo was the best.

Momo's hands left their grip and moved to look for Dahyun's hands. Moving them from out of her hips to underneath her hoodie. Dahyun let her. And she loved feeling Momo's toned stomach so it was perfect. That only made her deepen their kiss and breathe faster, pressing Momo more to the wall. Momo loved feeling wanted and Dahyun always managed to do so. With every kiss, she had always been able to feel how much need there is. She used one hand to guide Dahyun's hand up and everything got warmer.

Dahyun just knew her body so well, leaving , she left a trail of sloppy kisses down her jawline reaching her neck. That only made Momo leave the most delicate moan on Dahyun's ear and she knew perfectly well what she was doing, she couldn't stop her smile from forming when Dahyun's hand on her stomach moved lower passing under the waistband of her sweatpants. It was time. Momo moved one hand to Dahyun's shoulder and the other one to grab Dahyun's wrist stopping her from getting lower. And as if nothing really had happened from when she started talking, she added, "the time when you almost did it in an empty apartment?"

Dahyun moved both hands to Momo's waist. The look on her face was of pure surprise and admiration, she stared at Momo's eyes for a few seconds taking everything in as she concluded after biting her lip, "you are definitely the one." Stealing a quick kiss from her cheek, she turned around walking away to get her box and pile it up with the other boxes.

Momo's heartbeat increased tremendously as soon as Dahyun said those words and the smile on her face wouldn't disappear. Leaving her silly state she moved from the wall. "Would you buy me dinner later?"

"Nah, I'm broke, we'll crash at Sana's, she'd feed us."

"Good plan, you should save for our monthsary."

Dahyun finished her task and turned back around frowning again. "I already have that gift."

Momo smiled and got closer to intertwine their hands before leaving. "Alright, don't feel so betrayed, I was just reminding you."

"How could I forget?"

"Well, you get distracted easily."

"You do too! but... never of you."

Momo was about to answer but she just couldn't compete with that, Dahyun had the perfect words all the time. She just managed to blush and hit Dahyun's arm with her free hand. They left the apartment with the biggest smiles on their faces.

It has been months since they started officially dating. That day at Sana's get-together, Dahyun woke up and kept her promise. Momo heard everything attentively and she didn't leave. But it made her heart confused and she didn't want to make mistakes this time. After leaving Sana's apartment they talked about it seriously and agreed on taking some time apart just to figure things out. Dahyun said she was completely fine with that. Which was a complete lie. But she was going to respect Momo's decision despite the fear that brought to her. The fear of having been so honest just to lose it all. Dahyun would have rather kept quiet and kept having Momo in one way or another.

She continued thinking about it all day, she wanted to respect Momo's space but she just couldn't stay still. She needed to try again.

Finally, they crossed paths on their way to find each other. Ten hours. That was all the time apart Momo had needed to realize she was only hiding her feelings again. She just nodded at Dahyun trying to hold her tears and they joined together on the most comforting hug they had ever had. You might think it was rushed but they had not let go ever since. Some things are just meant to be.

It was hard for Momo to forgive herself, not for everyone else, all the girls forgave her quickly. It was only she that kept beating herself up. But Dahyun helped. She got that she didn't even need to be close to Chaeyoung, only decent and kind. But inevitably, they did get close. How? It was fun. Chaeyoung would try to act so toughly around her at first but you could tell how she was just faking it.  So Momo made it her own personal game to talk more to her and make her nervous on purpose. That only after she knew completely well that Chaeyoung was fine and she didn't feel uncomfortable around her, only awkward.  Momo realized it was even more awkward for Chaeyoung to see her with Dahyun than any hard feelings she might have held from before.

Everyone realized Momo's game and they all enjoyed watching tiny Chaeyoung feeling shy and talking random things whenever Momo would make her feel nervous. Momo acted like they were long-lost friends and Chaeyoung would just stutter. Even Mina enjoyed it.

All the trouble from before seemed like ages ago. Now, everyone had found their place, quite literally for some. All the girls helped to move Nayeon and Jeongyeon to their new apartment. Well, Jeongyeon's apartment, as she insisted on reminding everyone. And soon enough, Mina and Chaeyoung moved in too.

The easy part was asking Mina. No, not that. The easy part was convincing Mina. But asking? Asking was the worst for Chaeyoung. She was not even sure Mina would want. But Chaeyoung got so excited about it, she really wanted everything to work out. She had not even asked her own family, because she felt that would be easier than convincing Mina. How wrong she had been.

Chaeyoung took the longest time buying a cake someone could possibly take. Only to end up buying the very first she had set her eyes upon. Yes, the one with strawberries. At first, she wanted to innovate, then she just settled with Mina liking it.

She sweated, she stuttered, she laughed awkwardly, she scratched her head only to make Mina worried and confused. But when she managed to ask her, after giving a beautiful unnecessary long speech about deserving more and saying sorry for pushing her away somehow. Finally hearing what Chaeyoung had wanted to ask, Mina felt so relieved, she really thought for a moment she was getting dumped and she would not have been able to accept that. What she did accept so fast was Chaeyoung's request.

Mina was thrilled about it. She absolutely adored the idea. She was not even worried about her mother, unlike Chaeyoung who brought up the topic immediately. It made Mina's mood drop immediately but they sat to talk about it. And they decided to talk about it with Chaeyoung's family as well. That's when Chaeyoung realized the cake should have been for her mother and not Mina.

Eventually, her parents gave up. Mostly because they trusted Nayeon. And also because Chaeyoung always got what she wanted. Without that obstacle in the way, it was Mina's turn. But she was feeling lucky and she knew who to ask for help.

It was a whole plan. Mina called her father and explained everything to him patiently. It was refreshing to talk with him about everything that has been going on in her life without feeling ashamed or scared. He was not that thrilled to the idea of Mina living with her girlfriend but Mina insisted there was going to be other friends and that Chaeyoung's parents were on board with everything. She put emphasis on describing how they were such good people. Finally, he said they would talk about it in a few days.

Mina's father took a couple of days from work to travel back home and not only discuss everything with Mina better but also help her move out and above all, helping with his wife. Who still had no idea about anything.

Mina loved her mother but now she just wanted out. Out of standing nasty looks, out of the woman pretending like Chaeyoung did not exist, out of being criticized every time she got home a bit late or smiling. It was simply past her. Mina got mad Chaeyoung couldn't be comprehensible of what she was dealing with, mad that she did not care about what her mother could think of her, but it was pointless to keep arguing about it. So she was just going with it all. Until Chaeyoung bought cake and invited her to live at Jeongyeon's apartment. Mina felt so much better, it was the perfect solution. And it was pretty nice to know Chaeyoung missed her too despite the way she had shown herself towards Mina spending time with her mother and all.

'We deserve so much more' Chaeyoung had said. And Mina couldn't agree more. She was sure they deserved so much more.

Mina felt having his father's permission was more than enough, so she convinced him of not telling her mother until they were ready to leave. Both his dad and Kwan helped move things.

"Where should I put this?" Kwan took the thing like it was nothing almost letting it drop.

"Careful!" Mina caught it on time. Kwan was not the best helper for this apparently. He should just stay with the driving. "Oh," Mina sighed relieved. "You are okay."

"Yes, I'm okay," Kwan frowned not getting why would he not.

"Not you. Waddles." Mina walked away annoyed looking for a safe place for the canvass.

Chaeyoung noticed the scene and walked past Kwan. "Don't worry, she is sensitive when it's about him." Kwan just opened his mouth but he was not sure what to say.

He just kept carrying things in confusion. "Waddles..." he said to himself shaking his head.

And when it was time to finally leave and there was no way her mother couldn't tell what was happening, she explained to her what that was. It was not nice.

But it was not... anything either. The woman kept silent at every word. She felt completely betrayed. Or maybe sad? Mina couldn't tell. But she did feel her heart heavy. Although she dismissed that, it couldn't be. She couldn't feel bad about it, right? not after everything. So she held her head up high and never looked back.

They had spent some remarkable moments all together, Mina loved how she not only got Chaeyoung but also new friends as she got closer to all the girls. Especially because they all thought their apartment was just the most wonderful place to spend time, so everyone dropped by without announcing it first. It's been months almost like a honeymoon for Mina and Chaeyoung. They tried to make their schedule fit and went together to campus and spent their afternoons with everyone else when they could and at night Mina couldn't ask for anything else. Since that day at Chaeyoung's house, they both got closer. Not just emotionally but physically. Outside. Which was something Chaeyoung only dared to dream of but they had achieved it, Mina was okay with it, actually, Mina was more than okay with everyone knowing they were a couple. Mina would mindlessly caresses Chaeyoung's ear and neck all the time, play with her hair, Mina just loved having contact there. And Chaeyoung would massage Mina's knee as if it was so natural, bring her closer by the waist, talk close to her ear and they always would hold hands. They barely even realized their actions but it was evident for all of their friends how they looked so good and happily together.

They shared some cute moments like the time Mina had a mysterious present.

"Is that for me?"

"Nope, sorry." Mina turned around giving her back to Chaeyoung. "Zip here." She moved her hair out of the way.

"Then why do you have it?" Chaeyoung got closer and helped Mina. "You know it's no one's birthday right?" She moved Mina's hair back to its original position finishing her task.

"Of course," Mina said turning around and Chaeyoung felt so curious seeing Mina's cheeks acquire a tiny hue of pink.

"It's for me isn't it?"

"It's not, sorry." Mina looked down. "Just..."

"Then who is it for?" Chaeyoung moved to get the square box nicely wrapped. "What's inside?" She shook it without care, Mina immediately held her wrist.

"Baby, no," Mina sighed. "Why are you such a kid, come on, it's... it's just chocolate."

"Chocolate?" Chaeyoung chuckled. "What? you got another lover?"

"Yes," Mina deadpanned.

"Please," Chaeyoung left the box. "You can't be without me."

Mina scoffed and turned around. They needed to get going. "Right, okay, we are gonna be late."

Chaeyoung hurried and surrounded Mina from behind supporting her chin on her shoulder. "Just tell me," she whispered softly now and kissed Mina's cheek.

Mina sighed. She was weak. "It's for Dahyun, okay?"

Chaeyoung let out a laugh. "Really?" Mina turned around still in Chaeyoung's arms. Her cheeks were definitely red now. "Oh, my god, you want to be the favorite, don't you?"

"Shut up."

"That's so cute!" Chaeyoung held Mina closer kissing her cheek again. "You are blushing, oh, love, that's so so cute," Chaeyoung said and kept kissing Mina's face all over. Mina felt embarrassed. She did not want to be the favorite as Chaeyoung had guessed, she only felt grateful at Dahyun for, well, many things. And she just saw some pretty chocolates earlier and knew they were getting together later so she bought them, it was not that elaborate. "You know she is not going to stop talking about it, right? Like ever! Are you sure you want to do this, I can eat them..."

"I'll give it to her discreetly."

"Nothing's discreet with Dahyun," Chaeyoung caressed Mina's cheek, it felt so warm. "She is not going to stop talking about it."

"I just... want to show my appreciation, you know? She was nice to me from day one."

"Don't pout," Chaeyoung said. "It's okay, it's cute, you're-"

"Don't."

"Alright," Chaeyoung sighed and laughed internally. 'yeah, right, discreet.'

Dahyun made a whole deal about it all night, especially annoying Tzuyu. Mina regretted her intention for a moment but then it was fun. And everyone knew how Dahyun acted sometimes, they all loved her like that. Momo asked her for some chocolates as well. It was a great evening.

And they shared some... heated moments as well. Frustrated ones.

It was Chaeyoung's fault. But if you ask her, it was Mina's fault. Maybe it was just Nayeon's fault.

It was a simple normal afternoon. Mina got home and Chaeyoung was already there, lazily washing the dishes.

"Hi," Mina walked inside spotting Chaeyoung.

"Hey, let me just..." she turned the water off and dried her hands before walking to the living room to greet Mina who had left her things in their room and had walked out again.

"I took the bus here and..." Mina noticed Chaeyoung was distracted. "Baby?"

"Damn."

"What?"

Chaeyoung didn't answer. Instead walked closer holding Mina's waist whispering, "May I kiss you?"

Mina frowned stranged by it but smiled. "Of course."

Chaeyoung closed the space in between them slowly loving the way Mina's lips felt against her own but quickly increasing the pace trying to get access with her tongue. Mina got surprised by it and backed away a bit.

"Baby," she chuckled.

"Mhh," Chaeyoung answered and brought Mina closer having her hands mischievously lower from Mina's hips. Mina could feel her face getting all warm not really getting Chaeyoung's intentions but enjoying it either way. "Let me kiss you..." Chaeyoung insisted and pushed Mina carefully and slowly to sit on the sofa.

"Baby..." Mina chuckled nervously.

"Yes?" Chaeyoung answered as if nothing was happening. As if she was not straddling Mina's lap and leaning down so slowly to her lips again.

"Baby," Mina breathed out only to be interrupted by Chaeyoung's lips caressing her own so softly. It was great. It was amazing, actually. Until Chaeyoung started kissing her more feverishly and Mina knew that was not a good idea right now. "Alright," Mina pushed Chaeyoung's head away a bit. "Get off."

"Why? No..."

Mina raised her eyebrows and gave a look at Chaeyoung's attitude. "We are in the living room."

"So what?" Chaeyoung said still eyeing Mina and her lips. "You just look so good in these jeans..." She used a hand to bring Mina's head closer and whispered onto her lips, "I don't even want to take them off..." After that, she kept kissing Mina getting lost in the feeling ignoring everything else as she grinded her hips.

"Chaeyoung," Mina tried to sound more serious now. She liked it, but being there made her nervous and somehow she liked it even more but still. "Chae-" she had to bite her lip as Chaeyoung started kissing and her neck. "Baby, Nayeon will be here a-any minute."

"Mhh, she can watch..."

Mina wanted to object, she didn't fancy anyone watching them, actually. Not like that. But she couldn't manage to make sense. "Come on, you know I like it but... w-we can do more of this later, alr- ."

Chaeyoung's laughed softly. "You always swear...it's hot."

'You're hot' Mina thought. She was feeling so helpless and Chaeyoung had such determination right now, it was messing with her mind. She really liked this Chaeyoung that appeared once in a while. But still. "I'll tickle you."

At that Chaeyoung took both Mina's wrists strongly keeping them at each side. "No, you won't."

"Chaeyoung," Mina laughed nervously again.

"What?" Chaeyoung smiled.

"Not here."

"You're laughing."

"You're a clown, that's why."

"Oh, yeah? Would a clown do-"

"I'm home!" Nayeon's voice resonated as the door closed. The main door had a perfect view of the kitchen and living room meaning they were right there exposed to anyone walking in and that Mina knew quite well, that's why she had insisted on Chaeyoung to stop. But she didn't listen, did she? 'yes' Mina thought. 'a clown would definitely do that.'

Chaeyoung got completely startled by Nayeon's voice and moved super fast out of Mina's lap, falling to the ground in the middle of it. Mina did not try to catch her. She had it coming.

As Nayeon approached and had realized what could have been happening, given Mina's burning red face and disheveled blouse, she just sighed. "I won't even ask."

"No, wait, Nayeonnie," Chaeyoung tried to get up following Nayeon. Mina felt embarrassed but it was definitely fun to see Chaeyoung suffering the consequences.

It was not new for them to get lost in each other arms, Mina particularly enjoyed being physical with Chaeyoung. Like a lot. But in their room, not when she knew someone could walk on them any moment. She even liked having showers with the girl, although it had only happened a couple of times, they made her heart feel so happy. Just helping each other scrub their bodies with soap and warm water, made her feel so close to Chaeyoung in ways she didn't know they could be. It was Mina's idea. Chaeyoung had clumsily let all her ice cream cone fall all over her clothes, luckily they were close to their apartment and so Mina laughed so much at her but also guided her to the bathroom where they tried to clean most of the mess, Chaeyoung said it was better to leave everything for the laundry and she would take a shower provided her neck, hands and chest felt sticky. Mina had been trying to clean it all with baby wipes. When Chaeyoung said that, Mina thought for a moment and simply asked if they could shower together, she didn't have other intentions, just helping Chaeyoung, who even though completely flushed, accepted. The innocent kisses they shared here and there were just a plus to the situation.

And they had some other embarrassing moments as well, just differently.

You see Mina had recently come to terms with her uality. It was difficult but so refreshing. And she couldn't explain why but it just made sense. Men were just so... rough. She didn't like that. That was not an exactly valid reason but it was something she would think when trying to make sense of it. Even if for some time she wanted to believe her attraction was only for Chaeyoung as if that would make sense, now she could see it differently. The way she looked at other girls sometimes, it had never been admiration or jealousy. And she felt a bit silly whenever she would be unknowingly checking a girl out and realize what she was doing because she had always done that, she just never felt it was anything else but staring. Apparently, it was not that common to stare at other girls so intensely if you were straight. Who would have thought?

Certainly, it was something that was so natural in her system that she would not really realize. And that's exactly what happened one day, before leaving for a club.

They were not club people, but Dahyun and Momo and convinced everyone that it would be fun. Chaeyoung especially would have denied but Mina seemed excited to try something new so she was going as well.

Naturally, they all dressed up for the occasion. And Mina had always liked staring at what she likes. So she did just that. Such beautiful hair, plump red lips, what a cleavage, toned stomach, those legs...'and that a-' "Mina," Chaeyoung nudged her.

Apparently, they had been talking to her but she did not answer. And she knew why, but as embarrassing as it was, it only got worse when her moment did not pass unnoticed.

"W- were you checking my girlfriend out?"

'oh, god' Mina wanted to disappear. It was not exactly her fault, she was just a mere fan of the female anatomy. 'they can't blame me f-'

"Don't blame her, babe," Nayeon read her mind. "I look exquisite tonight, good to know before actually going out," then she turned to Chaeyoung. Mina was avoiding Nayeon's eyes, "told you your girl had a thing for me, didn't I?" Nayeon sounded so proud and satisfied with everything, she held Jeongyeon's hand and caught Mina's eyes, "don't worry, I have that effect on people, you know?" She said and winked at her before walking away.

Mina could feel her face burning up. To say she was only embarrassed was an understatement.

"Of course she was right," Chaeyoung mumbled getting in front of Mina and then catching her eyes too, raising her eyebrows. "You okay there?"

Mina looked down. "That was so embarrassing, I'm sorry, I-"

"Don't worry," Chaeyoung lifted her chin. "It's okay, you have eyes, just... you could be a bit less obvious you know? Maybe just compliment her next time."

Mina felt better hearing Chaeyoung, she smiled. "I guess, but I- I mean did you see her? She looked so y."

"Okay," Chaeyoung left her chin and closed her eyes, "no, no, she's like my sister, Mina."

"Don't say that, I can't be checking out your sister!" Now Mina felt it was weird.

"Well, you were, a lot."

Chaeyoung sounded uncomfortable with it, but not really, Mina used the opportunity to make her girlfriend embarrassed and not her. "Come on, did you see her?"

"Ah!" Chaeyoung turned around. "Stop."

Mina chuckled and walked with Chaeyoung surrounding her waist. "You have eyes too."

"Ah- lalala!" Chaeyoung insisted. "Can't hear you!"

They were both laughing and before leaving through the door Mina managed to make Chaeyoung look at her. "You do like it when I check you out though, right?" Mina got closer talking centimeters away from Chaeyoung's lips. "You're way hotter..." Mina held Chaeyoung's cheek and kissed tenderly.

When Mina backed away Chaeyoung was smiling like a fool. "Come on," she say, "let's go check girls out together."

And it had been really embarrassing but that was just not something she could feel negatively when around Chaeyoung. They trusted each other so much. Checking out Nayeon was not an issue. They had such a great night together. And despite the many people they both pointed out that night, their eyes were only really for each other. Mina had always liked staring and Chaeyoung had caught her sometimes but she still ignored most of the time just how fondly Mina stared at her every time.

Mina only really liked to look at Chaeyoung. Only Chaeyoung.

Nayeon, though, wouldn't shut up about the time Mina drooled over her. And that night, Mina also learned that you don't really stop coming out, which felt unfair, but she got asked about it by the girls. She explained she didn't like men at all. And they all just accepted it. It was so normal, she didn't mind saying it. She was proud of herself. It was new but it felt so right.

Just like many experiences they shared. Until the honeymoon started to fade away and Chaeyoung got worried once again about Mina distancing from her mother. Uncomfortable moments appeared. Discussions and disagreements.

Kwan tried talking Mina into not losing complete contact with her mother. Her father tried justifying the behavior of his wife and convincing Mina that they should still keep in touch, insisting that they all loved each other.

Mina insisted she couldn't care less.

She was happy. She was with Chaeyoung. Sleeping comfortably every night. Enjoying every day. She had the best roommates too. Mina couldn't be bothered by how her mother could feel, not after everything the woman had made her feel too. Not after saying she was going to try just to give up immediately.

That's what she kept repeating. For months now. She had not called once. The weather became chilly once again and Christmas was around the corner.

'It does not matter, Mina, she hurt you' she kept remembering herself every day. And every day she got through it. It was frustrating when her dad would bring it up, or Kwan, but she could deal with them. What she hated was how Chaeyoung could be with the topic.

From day one since they moved in, Chaeyoung did not feel comfortable with how everything developed, she felt guilty. She didn't want Mina to grow apart from her mother despite everything the woman could think badly of her. Chaeyoung hated feeling in the middle. Mina did not have to choose or anything. It was her mother and they needed each other. But Mina insisted she was just fine.

They had had the best days together but now it was starting to bother Chaeyoung again. She had talked about it with her mother as well, and she agreed that both Mina and her mother for sure needed and missed each other no matter what they could fake.

"Hey, beautiful," Chaeyoung kissed Mina's temple tenderly after having entered their room. Mina was in her pajamas already, sitting in bed playing with Chaeyoung's Switch. Their room was not as big as their room at the dorms but it did have a tiny  balcony. Then there were two other rooms. One for Nayeon and Jeongyeon and the other one still only had boxes and whatnot. The bathroom was only one but they managed. The kitchen was small and everything but it was enough for the four of them. The place was quite cozy and these months in it, everything had taken such a good look. It felt like home.

"Mhh," that was all Mina managed to answer.

"I often feel jealous of that thing, you know?" Chaeyoung casually said as she left her things and looked for her own pajamas and stuff to get a shower. Mina hummed again. So she just smiled and left for the bathroom. When she got back, Mina was waiting for her without the device. A nightstand lamp being the only light in the room. It meant she was ready to sleep. 'She probably lost'

"Hey, beautiful," Mina used her previous words and tapped the space next to her.

"Right," Chaeyoung smiled and used a towel to dry her hair a bit. It was reaching her shoulders and she kind of liked it. Maybe she would dye it. The only thing to do was convince Nayeon. "How was your day?" It was the last day before Christmas break for them.

"Peaceful, I sent that last task earlier and I've been playing since I got home." 'home' Chaeyoung smiled. "I had dinner with Jeongyeon, did you eat?"

"Yeah," Chaeyoung threw the towel aside and jumped in bed hugging Mina. "I missed you, play with my hair."

Mina scoffed but obeyed either way. "Cry baby."

She got comfortably on Mina's chest and felt her eyelids heavy with every Mina made. Half sleepy Chaeyoung liked to talk. "How you like it having one bed for the both of us... it's the best, isn't it?"

Mina chuckled at Chaeyoung's sleepy voice. "It's great if I'm next to you, the bed doesn't matter."

"Ohh, someone has a crush..." Chaeyoung giggled and moved a hand to Mina's stomach to caress it gently.

'Clown' Mina thought. But she did have a big crush on that clown. "Come kiss me good night," she whispered moving her hand to Chaeyoung's back.

Chaeyoung groaned but moved either way to be on her stomach and reach Mina's lips. Leaving a quick peck.

Mina restrained her there. "A proper kiss," she frowned. Chaeyoung groaned again but captured Mina's lips this time in a longer kiss. Mina turned around so they were both on their sides. "You're so sleepy..." Mina backed away softly. "I'll let you sleep now."

But Chaeyoung who even though had her eyes closed and was practically sleeping felt she wanted more kisses. "No," she babbled and brought Mina closer by the hip, leaving tiny pecks on her lips.

Mina just smiled. "Sleep..."

"Mhh," Chaeyoung kept leaving kisses and acting all sleepy. Mina knew it was just a matter of minutes for her girlfriend to get defeated by sleepiness. "You are... mh, play with my hair."

Mina laughed internally and obeyed. "Alright," she whispered. She loved how cute Chaeyoung was like this. She loved needy Chaeyoung. She loved having this every night.

"Love..."

"Yes?" Mina felt so proud whenever Chaeyoung would call her that. She was a simple girl, she just wanted a cute nickname and she got it.

"You should call her."

Mina stopped playing with Chaeyoung's hair and backed away from how close they were. She was not expecting that kind of conversation right now. "Don't, let's sleep."

"Please, you miss her."

"Chaeyoung," Mina really hated the topic. "Don't go that way."

"Just one call, one."

"Chaeyoung." Don't say Mina didn't warn her. She turned to be on her back. Apparently, Chaeyoung was not that sleepy yet to be saying all this. Mina got mad.

"Mina, she is your mother."

Okay, that was it. "Maybe I don't like it as much," Mina said getting out of the bed quickly. "Having only one bed."

That made Chaeyoung wake up fully, sitting on the bed. "Where you going?"

"Other room."

"There's not even-" Chaeyoung raised her voice but Mina just left. "a bed there..."

She tried. She tried awfully. But it has been bothering her and she just wants Mina to be okay. She says she is, she looks like it, but Chaeyoung knows she is still worried for her mother, of course, she is. She knew Mina and she had known since forever how she hated the idea of disappointing her parents, this Chaeyoung knew quite well because it had been an issue before. And even if Mina now didn't have those beliefs that what she felt was wrong, Chaeyoung still knew Mina would rather be close to her mother. Mina had always just wanted her parents to love her no matter what. And Chaeyoung knew they did. Both of them. But Mina's mother had not reached out once since Mina left and Chaeyoung knew Mina felt awful about it. Even if she insisted otherwise. For Chaeyoung seemed easy, just a call. What one call could do, right? Worst case scenario everything stays just how it has been, but maybe it changes. Maybe it gets better.

Mina's mother might not change her mind, but she still loves her daughter, that's what Chaeyoung wants Mina to understand. To feel. Just one call leaving her pride aside. Besides, everyone is softer around the holidays, right?

Suddenly she felt so lonely. And the light from the nightstand lamp was not being enough. She got up and the lights. Getting in bed again she curled up and tried to sleep. But she was not managing to. She felt uncomfortable and she didn't want to be alone. Without Mina it was not easy to fall asleep there, it was not her bed. Not yet. Not without Mina. So she got up again and turned off the lights.

The door was opened. She walked slowly until she got to one side. She shook Nayeon's shoulder slightly and tried getting in bed. Nayeon reacted immediately.

"Wh- Chaeyoungie, what is it?" She rubbed her eyes but moved to give her space. At that Jeongyeon woke up a bit too feeling Nayeon's voice.

"What's wrong?" she mumbled not really moving.

"Nothing, babe, sleep," Nayeon whispered and Jeongyeon just hummed and got back to deep sleep. "Chaengie, what is it?"

Chaeyoung managed to get in bed and snuggled close to Nayeon. "I need more lights," she excused not really wanting to talk about the real reason.

"Lights? Where's Mina?" Nayeon knew lights were not a problem if Mina was there so why was Chaeyoung there?

"I'll get more lights tomorrow," Chaeyoung insisted clinging on Nayeon.

Nayeon sighed and let her be. It was no problem having her there, she just got worried. Patting her back she waited for her to fall asleep. Nayeon barely slept keeping an eye on two babies that night.

The next morning Jeongyeon woke up first. Once she got up and realized what had happened last night she just shook her head. "Alright," she whispered. Maybe that would happen from time to time now.  Still, she smiled staring at Nayeon peacefully sleeping while Chaeyoung was curled up next to her. Before getting out of the room, she took a picture.

After leaving the bathroom she made the path to the kitchen. Mina was already there pouring some coffee into a cup. She looked like she had not slept very well, Jeongyeon could guess that much. Walking slowly she made her presence known. "Morning."

Mina looked up holding back a yawn and smiled. "Hey, morning," she said softly and moved to look for another cup.

"How are you?" Jeongyeon sat on one of the stools supporting her arms on the kitchen counter.

"Great," Mina poured coffee for Jeongyeon. "How are you?"

"Thanks," Jeongyeon grabbed her cup and unlocked her phone putting it on the counter too. She ignored Mina's question and instead answered, "Are you sure you are great?"

"Oh," Mina said leaning closer to look at the picture. Jeongyeon saw how the girl let her shoulders drop and how she smiled slightly at the picture. Mina melted at the sight and she felt guilty now thinking that Chaeyoung had not been able to sleep alone. "Sorry about that."

"That's okay." Jeongyeon had barely felt her presence. "But are you?"

"We..." Mina said and took a sip of her cup looking away. She hated the topic, but these months she had shared quite a bit with Jeongyeon, she felt she could talk about it with her. "Chaeyoung thinks I should talk to my mom."

"Then should you?"

"What's the point? I'm happy here, we are happy here, we are together, that's all I care about. It's been months."

Jeongyeon drank her coffee too and thought about it. Nayeon had mentioned to her the conversations she had had with Chaeyoung about it.

"I bet she misses you."

"Well, she hasn't called."

"Have you called?"

Mina pursed her lips and fixed her hair. "She does not want me, she does not care." That was something Mina repeated daily without realizing how much power it had. It affected her. But she tried to ignore it.

"Of course she does," Jeongyeon said immediately. "Despite what she might feel about your relationship she is still your mom."

"I won't deny Chaeyoung. She barely acknowledges that I am with her, it's frustrating and I won't accept that. Here I am happy and-"

"She is not asking you to leave, she is just asking you to call."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because," Jeongyeon said getting up and leaving her cup on the sink, "no matter how much she hates your relationship she still loves you and you love her... and you probably miss her despite everything she has made you feel because she is your mother and that's just how it works. Mina, Chaeyoung just doesn't want to be the reason for you being distant."

Mina had to breathe for a moment to process those words. She didn't like that it made sense. She just didn't want to be the bigger person. It was her mother the one that needed to apologize or reach out or whatever, not her. "She is not guilty of anything."

"If I were Chaeyoung, I would feel the same," Jeongyeon took Mina's empty cup and left it in the sink too. "It wouldn't be my fault but in a way, it is. And I would insist on you to fix it. Even if you don't want to accept it, it hurts you, I know it does, doesn't it?"

Mina bit her lip. She avoided Jeongyeon's eyes for a second but then look up at her face. Jeongyeon smiled warmly at her. "I..."

"Morning," Nayeon's voice echoed. "Hey, babe," she approached Jeongyeon and squeezed her shoulder, "did you sleep alright?" Nayeon barely let Jeongyeon answer when she turned back around and pointed at Mina. "You got a light problem."

"Right," Mina nodded. "Sorry. And thanks... Jeongyeon for- uh, thanks, yeah." She nodded again and left for her room.

Mina needed some fresh air and think about everything. She understood Chaeyoung in a way but she was still mad. And it was better to talk about it with her later when she had already cleared up her mind than now still pissed from last night.

Chaeyoung thought otherwise. Getting back in her room she seemed determined to talk to Mina. "Hey... look I- I don't-"

"Chaeyoung we can talk about it later, okay?" Mina was not in the mood. "It's all good."

"No, don't go, look I just don't want you to regret not having reached out and..." Chaeyoung walked closer but Mina was not liking any of it.

"Stop. Chaeyoung, please, not now, okay? And honestly, that's not your problem."

At that Chaeyoung looked bothered. She stopped from getting closer. "I just care for you."

"And I thank you, really, but this is not your problem."

"I feel responsible."

"Then don't," Mina sighed pacing a bit. She really wanted to stop this conversation. "Chaeyoung, please, let's talk about it later, I- I really hate it and-"

"How can I not feel responsible!?" Chaeyoung was not getting Mina. At all. She didn't let her finish and felt the need to raise her voice. That was it for Mina.

"Excuse me? Do you think I'm here just because you said so?" Mina was definitely pissed.

"You are here because we are together and your mom-"

"No," Mina laughed. "You did not just say that, what? Do you think I don't have a say in all this? I chose this."

"Yeah, me, but that shouldn't imply that you lose contact with your mother and I don't like to be in the middle!"

Mina couldn't believe her. Mina had tried to stop it, maybe last night she shouldn't have left but she knew she needed to calm down at least before talking about it and the fact that Chaeyoung had raised her voice, as much as she had tried to be patient and talk clearly, was enough reason to stop trying.

"You're not in the middle! Are you even hearing yourself? It's not about you!"

"I worry about you!"

"I'm not asking you to, I'm completely fine, I did not choose one thing over the other, you have no idea how it feels!"

"Well, I know you, and you have this need to be the perfect daughter! And you always make the wrong decisions!" As soon as Chaeyoung blurted that out she realized she had let out too much. Mina's face changed completely. "No, Mina, love I-"

"Don't," Mina was walking to the door, she was not going to stand Chaeyoung talking like that.

"I did not mean that, it's-"

" off," Mina barely said recoiling her arm from Chaeyoung's hand as she left through the door. It was something she had not expected. She knew they might argue but Chaeyoung talking like that about her and with that volume, kind of hurt her feelings. She felt like crying but held her tears as she walked out, avoiding Nayeon's and Jeongyeon's worried looks.

"Wait, wait, wait," Jeongyeon hugged an upset Chaeyoung that came out of the room in a hurry after Mina left the apartment.

"I gotta-"

"No, no you don't," Jeongyeon cupped Chaeyoung's face. "You are in your pajamas and you need to give her space which was the first thing you should've done by the way. No, Chaeyoungie, no crying, alright? It's okay, arguments happen, nothing's wrong you know this."

Chaeyoung sighed wiping the few tears on her cheek and threw herself on the couch.

"Thin walls," Nayeon said sitting next to Chaeyoung. "I'm with Mina on this one, you were an ."

"She- okay, okay, yeah I shouldn't have said that but you know I'm just-"

"Worried, yeah I know. That doesn't give you the right to yell, though."

"Mina's right, Chaeyoung, you have no idea how it feels... you have a loving family and I know you're just worried, I would feel the same but you didn't use your words the right way, give her some space, okay?"

"You are an expert at apologies either way," Nayeon caressed Chaeyoung's nape as this one was with her head down. "Cheer up, you guys are just on time for tomorrow's dinner, it will help you to get distracted by helping me get the things I need and decorating."

Chaeyoung knew Jeongyeon was right. Arguments happen and they were going to be fine, still, she was upset and embarrassed. She just messed up real bad. Leaving out a big sigh she got up in a jump. "Okay," she said. "You're all right, yeah, okay, that would keep me busy, we are getting cake on the way back, though."

She walked away to wash up and get dressed. Nayeon stared at Jeongyeon and they both chuckled a bit. They knew both girls were going to be just fine.
 

***

That night Mina didn't get back home. But it was not that bad. She let Chaeyoung know about it. It made her mood drop tremendously but she felt she deserved it after all. The only good thing was having Nayeon around, they ate cake together once they got back home and Jeongyeon let her sleep in her place of their bed. Was Chaeyoung a spoiled child? Maybe. Was she a spoiled friend? Definitely. So overall she was okay, just deeply sorry and anxious.

Mina on the other hand was mad. How could Chaeyoung have treated her like that? Yeah, she understood the preoccupation but one thing was that another was making her feel dumb.

Of course it hurt.

Not just Chaeyoung's words but feeling since she left like her mother did not care at all. Mina knew the woman did not approve of her relationship,  but deep down a part of her hoped that she would get at least a text. After she promised to give them a chance and all. But nothing. So Mina tried to convince herself that it was okay. Ignoring her dad, Kwan, and even Chaeyoung. Mina was not going to reach out first. No way.

And yes, she was so happy and comfortable in her new home but it was true these last days everything was starting to weigh. It was true Mina had always enjoyed being a good daughter. It was the word perfect that triggered her.

Everyone always expected her to be perfect. And it was hard whenever she acted in some way their parents thought it was not perfect. She got sick of it when she discovered her uality. She got sick of her mother's expectations. Mina did what she wanted and not what was expected of her. That Chaeyoung knew pretty well, so it hurt Mina what she said to her. The person she trusted the most.

But most of all, it made her angry. because she knew Chaeyoung had just said it in the heat of the moment and that her intentions were real. It was true Mina missed her mother. Despite everything.

Still, she didn't go back home, she called Kwan and asked to stay with him. He tried to get the reason out of her but she just ask to sleep so he gave her space. She wanted at least the night to think about it all and even if she missed Chaeyoung for a second night without her warmth, without her heartbeat, Mina felt it was right. They were going to be okay, of course, but Chaeyoung had said those things and it just made her sad.

'How could she say that?' 'Is she right, though? I don't always make the wrong decisions... I chose her, didn't I?' 'ugh' Mina didn't get much sleep that night. Even if Chaeyoung was right about the need Mina felt of being a good daughter and not always making the right decision, she had no right to just shout it at her like that, did she? 'I shouldn't have told her where I'll spend the night, she does not deserve it' 'but she's right...' Mina stared at the ceiling. There was no point denying she missed being home. She got a new home but... feelings are complicated, right?

"Did you even get any sleep?"

"A bit."

"Mina," Kwan sighed. "Should I-"

"Thanks for letting me stay here last night, don't worry, I'll go now, okay? I'll see you tonight."

"But, hey, hey, just..." Kwan cleared his throat and smiled apologetically at Mina, "you could just call."

Mina broke eye contact. 'enough with this. Is it that obvious?' she had not even mentioned anything to him. Was she the wrong one again? Just like when she first met Chaeyoung, was everyone against her? 'is not that easy' But she was not going to snap at Kwan. "Thanks again," she put a hand on his shoulder. "I'll be okay, don't worry."

And she left before Kwan could offer a ride. She was going back to the apartment, she had spent a considerable amount of the day in Kwan's place since he left in the morning for work, she only left when he got back in the afternoon. She needed clothes and just... ignore everything, right? talk to Chaeyoung and keep living. They couldn't fight over such things. But on her way back she kept getting distracted. She was tired and upset. It was a long trip but she decided to walk instead of taking the bus or calling a ride even if it was cold outside.

Mina did not want to admit it but she did miss her mother. They used to talk a good amount. More like, her mother would talk and Mina would pretend to care, but still. They were in a shallowly way close. That was the way she knew how affection was shown. How her mother shows it.

Her excuse was simple and clear, she was not going to deny Chaeyoung. But she kind of wanted to reach out... and everyone insisted on it. After all, family is family and there were these feelings she could not suppress. Walking, she could sense the spirit proper of Christmas in everyone and everything, the feeling intensified.

'What if...'

'No, no, she does not care, she won't pick up.'

As she walked, the sensation on her stomach increased. The voice in her head got louder. 'But what if...'

Yeah, she hated whenever her mother would look at her with disappointment or disapproval of her choices. She hated all that, but she absolutely loved whenever it was the contrary, and the woman would be proud of her or talk about her in a way only a mother could. She hated that in a way. But that's just how it was. They had programmed her to always want to be good for them. And even if now she knew that was not something one could be, she still wanted to be the best she could be in her parents' eyes. With Chaeyoung and all. Because that should not be an issue.

'wishful thinking...'

'But then what if...'

Okay, that was getting annoying. She had to stop walking. She had gotten to a small play area without realizing her direction. She took her phone and looked for the number. She let out a big breath as she seated on a cold swing.

She knew her father had talked to her mother about her. Mina talked with him whenever she could, it was s nice. Probably, he had told her mother how she was doing. Maybe that was enough for the woman. That's what Mina felt.

But not so deep down, Mina wanted to be taken care of, looked out for, even scolded by her mother. Not with her hate comments and disgusted looks, but with the way it was before. Without realizing it, she had her phone with her mother's number ready to be pressed.

'would you pick up?'

Maybe calling would ease her things with Chaeyoung and everyone else. She could always say she tried.

'and she might want to talk to me...' Like she wanted to talk to her, but she was not going to say that.

One thing is for sure, both of them were so proud. It was a matter of who was going to give in first. And it almost was Mina.

'oh, god, oh, god, oh- okay, yeah, be cool'

"Hello?"

A silence formed that was probably only a second but it was so long for Mina. "Mina, honey."

A lump was formed in Mina's throat. The way her mother just said that as if everything was fine when it wasn't, made her feel so many things. Like it had not been months since they last talked. She was not sure what could be happening through her mind or the reason for her call. Mina's heartbeat quickened.

But she was not going to show any of it. "Yes?"

"How have you been?"

'okay, no' Mina got up from the swing, nervously chewing on her thumb. "What is it?"

"I'm just calling."

"Alright, why?"

Silence. Mina knew her mother was just like her too. There was no way any of them was admitting a thing.

"Can I just call you? Oh, darling, tell me how-"

"Mom, why are you calling?" A part of Mina wanted to hear nice reasons, another just wanted to hang up.

"It's cold this afternoon, are you cold?"Mina rolled her eyes, "Are you warm enough?"

"Yes," Mina said but immediately shivered, she was not warm enough and the sun, which was not warming up enough today, was about to completely disappear.

"Where are you?"

Mina paced around, she was uncomfortable with this conversation because she knew it was nothing good. 'What's the point' "I'm on my way home." 'yes, home' Mina sat again on the swing out of nervousness, she knew it was a bold thing to call it home.

There was another long silence. Mina fidgeted with the chain in her hand. 'this is useless' Mina thought. But she also felt like maybe now she could say they did talk and as she had expected, everything was the same. What bothered Mina was that her mother never acted like something was wrong, ever. Everything seemed fake around her. Everything was just perfect. Even now all her questions didn't show any sign of hesitation.

"Have you been eating well?"

"I'm on my way for dinner now."

"What would you eat? Is it delivery? You need real cooked meals, Mina, you can't-"

"Chaeyoung's mother gives us food often." That must have hurt, right? Mina wanted it to hurt.

"Th-that's wonderful, dear, but you need real food, your mother's food." Hesitation. It all made Mina hopeful, she felt her stomach weird, it couldn't be real, she couldn't expect good things. Not with this. Mina held on tighter to the chain. Whenever she felt like she could expect from her mother she ended up disappointed. It was always false hope, she knew better.

Although she was not sure what to answer to that. "We are having dinner now, so, it's okay," why were they even talking about food, Mina felt mad somehow. Maybe because she expected more, she always did. When she first told her mother and when she had asked for a chance. She couldn't help it. They had not talked for months and now their topic was food and climate. Mina wanted to laugh or maybe cry, "if that's it then-"

"Wait, Mina." Her mother's voice was different, she could tell but she didn't want to consider it. Mina didn't answer, only held the phone tightly, bouncing her leg up and down. This time the awkward silence was actually long and not just her imagination. "I-" 'there's no way, no way she's apologizing, right? what does she want? she certainly doesn't miss me, why can't she just say whatever she-' "I meant it," she said. But Mina got lost. "About the food, I meant it, you need real food and-"

Mina scoffed. 'of course' It couldn't be anything different. "Mom-"

"No, wait, it's true and- and maybe you could come for dinner here one day too... soon."

'she's inviting me' Mina thought. She couldn't lie it made her heart kind of flip. But then, she shook her head. 'it doesn't mean anything'

"Don't worry," Mina said. "I'm eating perfectly fine."

"Oh, don't be silly," her mother said in her usual tone, making Mina feel dumber of having thought anything else. "Your father would love to have you here for Christmas," 'ah, so it's only him the one who wants me there' But then the woman stuttered again, "we... thought you could come, you- you both could come."

Mina's heart now stopped, she was sure. Had she heard right? It couldn't be. "Me and who else?" 'maybe she just means Kwan'

"You and Chaeyoung, of course, maybe next week, you are free at night, right? Oh, let me know I can have everything ready and..." The woman kept talking but Mina was not listening anymore. Her mother had said of course, but it was not that obvious. At all. It couldn't be, Mina must be dreaming.

'she said her name' Mina got up from the swing once again. 'she said her name, she wants us over dinner, she-'

"Honey?"

"Uh," Mina cleared . "Su-sure, I'll think about it." But Mina felt like jumping up and down. 'she said her name' It was so easy for her mother to change her mood, Mina felt embarrassed but she allowed herself to be happy about it, it was good right? It had to be. "I have to g-go now."

"That's okay..." Mina wanted her voice to be normal, Mina wanted to show no sign of being affected by it. She needed to hang up and process what had just happened, maybe it was a lie. Maybe it was a trap. She was used to by now, feeling betrayed by her mother, which was something awful to say, but she felt like it. And she hated it. But before she could say goodbye, as if it was not enough the words before, in the middle of the silence, Mina's mother talked again, "Mina... honey, I- I lo... long to see you. "

And Mina's lump in could be felt so much more. She was sure that sentence was cut short. Mina felt pathetic, it shouldn't be that important. It shouldn't govern her mood so much. But it was just a second, she blinked rapidly, feeling the tears streaming down her cheeks and the sun setting suddenly shining apparently so brighter. She felt satisfied but not quite, it was always difficult with her mother.

Maybe she took too much time being affected, by the time she got back to earth, her mother had already chanted a goodbye and had hung up. Mina was left alone in that playground, with her cheeks wet and her heart beating like crazy. She started laughing out of pure nervousness.

She had planned to walk, but she left the little park and took the bus home, forgetting that split moment and trying to remember the odd invitation. She couldn't wait to be near Chaeyoung again. And that's what you do, right? You tell good news first to the ones you love. The orange and pink sky Mina contemplated the whole ride, gave her hope once again.

***

The day after Mina didn't get home had gone by so slowly for Chaeyoung. Even with Nayeon's company and helping with dinner for the girls later, she just missed Mina so much. She felt so sorry. But at the same time, she still would argue with her about reaching out so, she just waited and didn't text her or anything. Until it got a bit complicated to keep waiting.

"What if she doesn't get here for dinner?"

"She will," Nayeon said as she fixed the positions of some pillows. "You should help me with-"

"But what if-"

Jeognyeon stop stirring whatever she was stirring for tonight and sighed audibly as she added, "Chaeyoungie, she will, she texted me, alright? But she's walking so it might take her some time."

"Walking? Texted you? Why didn't you tell me?"

"'Cause you don't deserve it," Nayeon answered instead, using the pillow in her hand to hit Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung didn't even try to complain. After some minutes Jeongyeon finished with some details with the food and left the kitchen area to one of the rooms, Nayeon followed not before ruffling Chaeyoung's hair.

The worried girl was left alone, lying on the couch with a pillow on her head as her arms kept it there, making breathing difficult.

"Why," her cry muffled by the pillow, "why am I so stupid?" Chaeyoung was making a whole drama of the situation. "Why," she prolonged the word as if in complete pain. She chuckled at her own silliness and immediately began coughing throwing the pillow away. After the cough stopped, she left a loud sigh that was suddenly interrupted by a jangling of keys and the door. Chaeyoung got on her feet in just a second.

"You're back!" She smiled completely forgetting her fake agony of a few seconds ago and the fact that Mina must be mad at her.

But Chaeyoung only had to give a few steps in her direction since Mina had got in quite in a hurry, colliding her body against Chaeyoung, holding her close, so close, burying her face on her neck. The warmth and nice scent of Chaeyoung immediately made Mina feel so better and safe. Like it always had.

Mina mumbled something that Chaeyoung could not quite get. And she was expecting to get scolded so she talked again, "Oh, I'm so sorry, love, I shouldn't have yelled that, I was stupid, and maybe- Mina?" A sniff had made her stop her speech as she also felt Mina holding her tighter. "Mina."

"You smell so good." Mina's voice was soft and you could tell she was crying.

Chaeyoung got worried but followed along caressing Mina's back reassuringly. "I recently showered."

"I need a shower too."

"You smell good too," Chaeyoung said sniffing Mina's shoulder for a second. "As much as I love when we smell each other... Mina, what happened?" Mina held on tighter one last time and then released her grip moving just a bit back to look at Chaeyoung's eyes. "Hey," Chaeyoung said as if they were just meeting.

"You yelled," Mina pouted.

"That's why you're crying? Love, I-"

"No," Mina caressed Chaeyoung's cheek for a few seconds then moved her hand to her shoulder. Chaeyoung had Mina steady by the waist. "Don't do it again but, baby, you were right, I'm sorry too."

"I was right?"

Mina looked down for a bit. Chaeyoung bumped her head softly with Mina's just waiting for an answer.

"I don't know why am I crying," Mina suddenly laughed a bit wiping her tears away. It made Chaeyoung relaxed. "Baby," Mina looked up again, "she called."

"She did!?"

"Yes," Mina couldn't keep her smile from forming anymore. She was scared of feeling so happy but she did. She was scared it was just false hope but she believed it, she was trusting, she needed to. "You were right, I'm sorry, I did miss her, I was trying to be strong and tough and just- I should've called sooner, I should've-"

"It's okay, It's okay now, what did she say?"

Mina had stopped crying and her eyes looked teary but she was happy, it was obvious. She looked so happy and excited to tell, Chaeyoung was not sure what to expect.

"She acted like everything was the same, which made me so mad, and she asked if I had a jacket with me which made me mad too," Chaeyoung chuckled staring at Mina explaining and frowning while she did so, "and she asked about food and how I should be eating real food and so I told her about your mom and how she brings us food often and I swear, baby, it bothered her, I want it to bother her, she started doubting her words and all her silly mask of always being fine started to crumble, I swear!"

"Okay, breathe," Chaeyoung moved her hands up and down on Mina's side, "what then?"

"I told her I was having dinner now, I wanted to hang up but before I could she... she invited me to have dinner with her and I wanted to refuse because it wouldn't make a difference, she is so-"

"Mina, that's not right, you should've-"

"Stop," Mina frowned. "Stop that, I won't be in places or deal with people that overlook you so stop that," Mina said angered. "But that's the thing," she smiled again. "She invited you too, baby, she did!"

"Me?" That couldn't be. Chaeyoung was sure that couldn't be.

"She tried to say something like my dad wanted us there and stuff but it was her, it was all her, baby, she invited us."

"Me?" Maybe Chaeyoung was broken. "Are you sure?"

"She said your name."

"She said my name?"

"At first I thought she meant Kwan and I but she said your name, Chaeyoung!"

"She said my name?" Chaeyoung insisted as she couldn't believe a thing. She had said so many times it was okay if Mina's family was not okay with her and all but of course, that was just to try and make Mina feel better, being accepted felt so good. "She said my name?" A small smile appeared on Chaeyoung's face given she was starting to process.

"She said your name," Mina smiled so wide nodding her head seeing Chaeyoung's smile too.

"She-" Mina couldn't let her ask again. And she also felt the need to do it since she felt the girl's warmth surrounding her. Their lips joined in such a tender but firm kiss, Chaeyoung reacted immediately holding Mina's waist tighter bringing her closer as Mina tangled her fingers in her girlfriend's hair like she always did. It was Mina who was guiding the kiss, having missed Chaeyoung's perfect lips, feeling so happy at the moment. Who knew a simple call could mean so much.

Chaeyoung did. Jeongyeon did. Kwan did. Mina's father too. Pretty much everyone knew but Mina and her mother who refused to. But one gave in and Mina couldn't be happier. She was thrilled to have dinner with Chaeyoung at her house. Old Mina would be terrified. New Mina was so proud and willing.

As they both slowed down the pace of the kiss, breaking it, both smiled against each other's lips and Mina pecked Chaeyoung one last time. "You were right."

"I'm always right."

"Don't," Mina stopped her.

"Great, you're here, help me set the table," Nayeon said walking out of her room as she typed something on her cellphone.

"Nayeonnie!" Chaeyoung let go of Mina and ran to Nayeon. "Nayeonnie! She said my name!"

Nayeon blinked a few times not getting Chaeyoung. She raised her eyebrows at Mina for help.

"My mom," Mina said blushing a bit. She felt ashamed about the whole situation. "We talked."

"That's amazing!" Nayeon completely ignored Chaeyoung's excitement and went to hug Mina. "Is everything okay? Are you okay?"

"Right," Chaeyoung frowned. "Since she is your favorite now and everything," she mumbled under her breath like a kid.

"I am, she invited us for dinner."

"I'm glad," Nayeon said squeezing Mina's shoulder, really meaning those words.

"Jeong!" Chaeyoung tried again seeing Jeongyeon walk out now. "She said my name!"

"Who?"

And so Chaeyoung told her the whole story again as Mina left to take a shower and change clothes since dinner was soon. Everything seemed so much easier. Lighter. She felt like it.

All the guests started arriving after an hour or so. It was not just dinner. It was their little Christmas, they all were exchanging gifts tonight.

Chaeyoung had helped Nayeon decorate everything accordingly, with lights and little figures. Jeongyeon and Nayeon had set the Christmas tree a few days ago. The apartment looked really sweet and comfy. A lot better than it had the first months, it was their home.

The place was surrounded by the smell of Jeongyeon's delicious meals and it was making Chaeyoung's tummy growl, she wanted to eat as soon as possible. That's why she jumped in joy when the first guest arrived.

It was Tzuyu. Chaeyoung opened the door for her and greeted her with a tight hug and warm smile.

"You came alone?"

"Dahyun will be here in a few with Momo and Sana." It was cute. Chaeyoung had asked because she was without Sana but Tzuyu answered as if she meant Dahyun. Chaeyoung and well, everyone, really liked Tzuyu's and Sana's relationship.

They had never seen Tzuyu so happy and confident and just bright. Everything about her was brighter.

"Great, then," Chaeyoung said about to close the door when she suddenly heard loud bickering coming through the hall. But if Tzuyu was there and Dahyun was not, what voices could be approaching her door like that.

"I'm telling you, they would use pants with four leg spaces!"

"That can't be, those are not all his legs, he would have to use only for the back legs."

"What about the front ones?"

"Those are his hands!"

"Hands? A dog has no hands, only paws, he needs four spaces for the pants."

"Oh, please this it's just mint choco all over again."

"You can't possibly think it tastes like toothpaste!"

It was not until she got the hear them clearly that she realized. "Oh, boy, I keep forgetting this happened." Chaeyoung, weird out about it still, tried to let the door open for them and leave but she was caught on time.

"Chaeyoungie!" Jihyo's arms wrapped around her tiny body. "You look amazing with that hair, I've missed you."

"Afternoon," Kwan said standing still next to them, bowing his head. Chaeyoung always felt like laughing at him, somehow he would look formal and handsome but when he speaks, it's so different.

"Right, hi guys, make yourselves at home," Chaeyoung said still confused about how was it that Jihyo was dating stupid Kwan. 'god, no, no, Chaeyoung, not stupid anymore' But it was hard for her, you know? Old habits. "I've missed you too."

Jihyo let go of her big embrace with a smile that Chaeyoung returned and then got further inside after having smacked Kwan into following who cleared his throat and did so. Chaeyoung shook her body after, trying to process the idea once again.

She was not even sure they were a thing, but they were definitely seeing each other. When she first heard of it it felt so wrong. She almost felt like saving Jihyo but everyone insisted Jihyo was just fine and Mina kept trying to convince her that Kwan was a good guy. She believed Mina but her brain can't just warm up to the idea of perfect Kwan. 'damn weird'

Only three girls missing before she could satisfy her tummy with delicious food, so she walked away from the door and looked for her girlfriend in their room.

Mina was brushing her wet hair in front of the mirror. She looked happy. It warmed Chaeyoung's heart. She was right, see? Mina needed to call. Mina missed her family and she needed to get that back. Walking up to her, she surrounded her arms around her waist.

"Hey," Mina answered softly. Chaeyoung just held her and supported her chin on her shoulder. "Is everyone here?"

"Three missing."

"Alright, I should go say hi." Mina left her brush and tried to turn around but Chaeyoung held her in place with a little whine. "Baby."

Chaeyoung hid her face in the crock of Mina's neck. "Not just yet."

"Let me turn around then," Mina talked so softly to her. She talked softly all the time, but she had a special voice for Chaeyoung only, one filled with love. Chaeyoung let her but without letting go of her waist. "What's on your mind?" Mina left a kiss on her forehead.

There were many things Chaeyoung wanted to say, but she was not sure what those were. She was not sure why she got so clingy suddenly. Without knowing how to explain herself, she did the best next thing, Mina style, and reached for her girlfriend's lips.

So slowly and tenderly. She loved to kiss Mina's lips with care. She felt Mina was going to ignore her and say they needed to go inside, which they did, but instead she was pulled closer with fingers tangled in her hair. She loved when Mina did that. They were kissing and somehow, Chaeyoung felt like it had been so long since she had felt Mina's lips when in reality it was just a few moments but the feeling she had now was quite different. Mina gave a step back but they kept kissing softly, only hearing the smacking of their lips until things escalated a bit and they could hear their breathing. As Mina gave another step back, Chaeyoung followed but this time pushing her strongly against the dresser.

Mina smiled in the middle of the kiss, she likes it when Chaeyoung uses a bit of strength. It had been just two nights without her, but she had missed her a lot. And she was feeling so happy, having her girlfriend all over her was the best way to keep having a perfect night. Chaeyoung somehow only wanted Mina to feel worth it. Truly happy. Loved. Special.

Stopping their kiss with a soft one and another one close to her lips and more kisses going to Mina's ear, Chaeyoung said, "You're perfect," and as she breathed against her ear, Mina held on tighter to her hair and nape, "you're perfect to me," Chaeyoung muttered against her skin going down to her neck, feeling Mina's hand keeping her close.

Mina didn't say anything, just felt Chaeyoung's lips against her skin leaving sloppy kisses. But her heart was beating so fast and the words that she had just heard, added to the sensation in her stomach. All the butterflies only Chaeyoung had managed to make her feel.  For some reason, everything came back to her, from day one. All the things she shared with her, all the nervousness of being close, all the excitement of getting to her room earlier, the video games, all the delivery food, watching her paint, Mina felt so in love. Chaeyoung loved her too and she made sure to let her know every day. With every action, every kiss, every joke, every moment of silence.

"Perfect," Chaeyoung said once again, leaving Mina's neck and brushing her lips instead. Opening her eyes, Mina caught the brown eyes she adores so much looking right at her. Her heart was beating like crazy and it was all for her. Only Chaeyoung.

And it was probably not the right time, but she felt so attracted to her, she couldn't help it when she moved her hands to Chaeyoung's shoulders and pushed her all of a sudden making her walk backward until she bumped with their bed. Chaeyoung was surprised but loved every part, laying back, Mina hovered above her body and crashed their lips in another more messy kiss. But as much as Chaeyoung liked the idea, she wanted something else, breaking the kiss, she managed to switch their positions and leave Mina's back against the mattress.

Mina's eyes flickered. Chaeyoung knew Mina liked it when she was a bit rough. And that's exactly what she was feeling. She joined their lips again, this time also using her tongue, hoping Mina would receive her.

And Mina did, she could feel Chaeyoung's knee dangerously pressed in between her legs and one of her hands lifting her blouse a bit as she took hold in her hip.

They both knew they should stop. Everyone was probably outside already. It was not in their best interest to have any of the girls walking in on them, but they were already so worked up, neither attempted to stop the other.

Chaeyoung stopped the kiss once again and backed away, smiling, she moved both her hands to start ing Mina's  blouse. Mina watched her every move, afraid her heart would jump out of her chest. When Chaeyoung ed all the way done, she moved the clothing, exposing Mina's stomach and black bra. Almost drooling, Chaeyoung moved immediately down to kiss Mina's neck again, this time going lower and lower, on her collarbone and lower leaving kissed in all of Mina's exposed skin. Mina couldn't stop staring at her, biting her lip to avoid leaving out unwanted sounds. She used a hand to caress Chaeyoung's hair, who looked up at the contact.

"You see?" Chaeyoung said. "Every place I've kissed it's just perfect."

Mina blushed furiously. "You are, you are perfect."

Chaeyoung chuckled and broke eye contact to return to her task, kissing Mina's belly, wondering if they should stop now but not really wanting to. She doubted for a short second before moving even lower and ping the pants in front of her with her teeth. They were quite experienced and confident at taking each other's clothes now.

"Baby," Mina breathed out.

"Yes?" Chaeyoung said not really looking up at Mina, but this one didn't say anything back. So Chaeyoung ed that one button and slid the pants down with Mina's help lifting her hips. Throwing them aside, she moved back to Mina's mouth, using now a hand to go down from Mina's stomach to her thigh.

She could feel Mina's breathing as they kissed passionately. Chaeyoung was losing her mind. She wanted more. Using her hand, she scratched Mina's thigh with the little fingernails she had but it was enough for Mina to feel it and make her whole body squirm and burn. Chaeyoung's lips muffled her soft moan. She was not sure how they got to that situation but she wanted Chaeyoung to put an end to the burning desire building in her. Urgently.

"More."

"Of?"

"Anything."

At that, Chaeyoung squeezed her thigh and this time her soft moan was not muffled by Chaeyoung's lips.

"Don't be loud."

"Then kiss me," she breathed out while trying to bring her closer.

Chaeyoung did but also moved her hand up Mina's thigh making her spread her legs and let out another moan. Chaeyoung couldn't lie she loved hearing Mina's beautiful sounds against . She kissed her deeper, they needed to be quiet, she realized she hadn't locked the door when she got in, why would she? She got distracted for a second stopping everything.

"Chaeyoung," Mina whined.

"Sorry," Chaeyoung said, deciding it was far too late for that. Her friends for sure were considerate enough to knock, right? 'besides, maybe not everyone is here and dinner might no be until-'

"Chaeyoung," Mina complained again feeling no lips against her own.

'right' Kissing her again she position her body comfortably and moved her hand delicately over Mina's underwear. Mina shivered and so Chaeyoung remained there, until feeling once again Mina's moans against . Those were such a turn-on for Chaeyoung. She really wanted to give Mina what she wanted but teasing her was so pleasant she got lost in the feeling and Mina was not complaining yet, so she kept teasing her slowly, feeling her body react to her light touches and smiling against , hearing her whimpers, biting her lips, kissing her neck, making her wanted. And Mina did feel wanted.

Beautiful, worth it, desired, y, protected even. Careless.

So careless, the door flung open.

Just when Chaeyoung had decided the teasing was enough, just when Mina was with her eyes tightly closed.

"Oh, my god, I'm so sorry," A panicking soft voice said all so fast and close the door in just a second.

Chaeyoung moved from Mina's body, fixing her hair and sighing. She felt so flustered. And Mina was feeling pretty much the same, all the adrenaline and embarrassment. She sat a bit on the bed holding Chaeyoung's hand strongly. Both catching their breaths.

That's when they made eye contact and started laughing losing their breaths once again. Their laughs filled the room becoming coughs and half words.

"Ba- baby, that-" Mina's laugh was the most beautiful sound for Chaeyoung.

"I- The lock, I-" Chaeyoung felt her stomach hurting from all the laughing.

"Okay, okay," Mina calmed down a bit. "We need to go out there."

Chaeyoung groaned. She knew they were all going to make fun of them and she blushed so easily. "Can we just stay here?"

"I wish, but that's our punishment for fooling around."

And it really was. But the mocking was not as bad as seeing poor Tzuyu's stunned state.

Everyone had indeed arrived.

"Son Chaeyoung, what in the world were you thinking?"

"Nayeonnie I-"

"Don't Nayeonnie me, look at poor Tzuyu!" The girl looked so ashamed, which she shouldn't, really, but Tzuyu was quite timid when it came to that. 'but I mean, it's not that terrible right? like only Mina had fewer clothes and- okay, yeah, I owe her an apology' Chaeyoung thought about it trying to put herself in Tzuyu's position, the truth is she would feel pretty much the same if she caught any of the girls in a position alike.

"Bunny, relax, it was an accident."

"Why are you blaming me? I was not the only one there."

"Clearly," Dahyun was no help.

Nayeon kept complaining to Chaeyoung who was not as embarrassed as she felt in the room, somehow Nayeon scolding her made her feel like it was not a big deal. Until Jeongyeon made her stop and they all still with entertained faces sat down to have dinner together. They made small talk about their days and Jeongyeon's food.

It seemed like a long-forgotten topic but after a few minutes, it was brought back by the one and only person who could. "But why didn't you knock first?" Dahyun chuckled still amused by it.

"Oh, dear," Chaeyoung heard Mina talking under her breath. Mina's cheek had acquired a hue of pink ever since they left the room and had not disappeared since.

"I didn't- Think..." Tzuyu's voice died down. Chaeyoung saw how Sana caressed her arm suppressing her smile. It was evident everyone wanted to laugh and Chaeyoung knew they weren't just because they didn't want to make Tzuyu feel worse.

"I'm sorry," Mina said to Tzuyu. Her first words.

"Don't be ashamed," Dahyun said. "Tzuyu is tough enough to handle it, right? It's okay, wish I had-"

"Dahyun, come on," Nayeon frowned. Momo giggled and even Kwan snorted a laugh.

"Clearly it's you guys fault," Jeongyeon pointed at them with meat on her chopsticks, "why would you do that right before dinner, it's such an amateur mistake, I thought you were slicker, we have never even heard anything these last months."

"Oh, god," Nayeon facepalmed. Chaeyoung was somehow proud of the comment, knowing Jeongyeon was comfortable living with them and Mina hid lower on her sit. The truth is they were quite careful and considerate, only using their room, making sure they were alone, it was basic decency. They just messed up today. And the other time when Nayeon caught them, but that was not as near embarrassing as what Tzuyu had seen.

"I'm sorry too, Tzuyu, really, you should've knocked but it's on us, now can we please talk about anything else?"

"Gladly," Nayeon rolled her eyes. "Care to tell the good news?" She eyed Jihyo who jumped a bit on her sit and drank her water before smiling widely.

She got a job. The dream job she had wanted since forever at a radio station. All the girls and Kwan, who already knew the news, congratulated her and raise their glasses on her name.

The evening proceeded smoothly after that. It was their little Christmas after all, everyone had brought gifts that were waiting to be opened under their tiny tree cutely decorated. The idea of getting together for Christmas was Sana's but Nayeon and Jeongyeon had other plans for that day so the plan ended up being everyone getting together now, a week before the actual date, exchanging gifts, dine and spending quality time. That last concept being used to mock Chaeyoung and Mina as they had misunderstood the kind of quality time in question.

They were gathered around the living room, some on the sofa, some on the rug. Light Christmas songs were being played. Chaeyoung kept her distance from Mina just because they would all send them looks whenever they were close, so she was trying to end Mina's pain and embarrassment.

Tzuyu seemed better now, a glass of wine had made the trick. It helped with her shy state but it only increased the red in her cheeks. She had Sana's fingers as usual but Dahyun started messing with her from across the room.

"You just had one glass of wine, how are you so giggly already?"

"What?" Tzuyu let go of Sana's fingers and turn to her friend. "I'm perfectly fine, mind your own business."

"Ah, really?" Dahyun smiled mischievously. Everyone knew Tzuyu was indeed a bit tipsy, which was odd because Tzuyu wouldn't drink much, mainly because she would worry so much for Dahyun's careless drinking habits. "Are you having fun?"

"Totally," Tzuyu chuckled and Sana sighed knowing Dahyun was just taking advantage of her state.

"That's great, would you tell me what my gift is?" Dahyun stood up from her seat next to Momo and kneeled close to Tzuyu.

"That's cheating, you'll see." And so Dahyun kept talking with tipsy Tzuyu through whispers. For some reason they were not bickering and who knows what information might Dahyun be obtaining from her. Chaeyoung gulped.

"Uh," Nayeon observed, "who knew a bit of alcohol in the right person would make them stop fighting."

Sana chuckled and kissed Tzuyu's head before standing up and getting a new seat next to Momo and Mina where they started talking on their own.

"Well, now you know," Jeongyeon left her own glass of wine on a table and asked, "Should I get some cake or coffee?"

"Wait, you guys have cake? Which cake? If  it's the one from Sana's birthday I'm in." Kwan's eyes lit up as he made her presence known in the room once again. That's exactly what Chaeyoung found funny about him, he looked like someone totally different from whom he actually was. It made her doubt, everyone liked him but she was still hesitant.

"It's different, but I bet you'll like it too, come," Jeongyeon invited him to the kitchen. He followed.

That left Jihyo and Nayeon right next to Chaeyoung ready to attack her. 'of course'

"So," Jihyo got close surrounding her shoulders, "you've been having the most fun around here."

The way Chaeyoung's cheek burned so fast made her feel so embarrassed.

"Makes me think if I really want them living here, you know?" Nayeon said.

"Oh, please," Chaeyoung frowned. "You were completely sad about being far from me, besides, we've been living just fine."

Nayeon chuckled and pinched her cheeks. "Why do you get all worked up so easily? You know I love having you guys here. Mina helps Jeongyeon a lot with everything around here."

"And you guys just let them do all the work?" Jihyo frowned slightly judging them.

"No," Chaeyoung said way too fast.

Just at the same time as Nayeon answered, "Pretty much."

Jihyo shook her head disapprovingly.

"What?" Nayeon protested. "I bet you boss poor Kwan around all the time." At that Chaeyoung scrunched her nose, she really couldn't get used to the idea. Even if he had already shared with them a couple of times and he would usually make Mina favors and whatnot.

"Well," Jihyo shrugged not affected by it, and added, "he is a guy."

Nayeon was going to protest but couldn't. "You're right, boss him around all you want." Both laughed about it and Chaeyoung was utterly confused by the random conversation so she just decided to join Dahyun given Jihyo and Nayeon got in their own conversation.

As soon as she got close to them, Tzuyu avoided her eyes looking down.

Dahyun laughed and said, "Come on, you can't avoid her forever."

"Exactly, you can't," Chaeyoung sat next to Tzuyu, "it's okay, don't feel embarrassed, I'm embarrassed."

"Why would you be? I was the one that interrupted you guys."

Chaeyoung tried to laugh a bit to help Tzuyu. "Don't worry, it does not matter now."

"Yeah, they can resume it later," Dahyun tried. To which Chaeyoung sent her a death glare, that's not at all what she had meant or what Tzuyu needed.

After that, they kept chatting about different things and laughing about Dahyun's silly answers it was warm and cozy to have everyone there enjoying the evening, not always they can make their schedule fit.

Everyone exchanged gifts and laughs, words of affection and hugs. Even Kwan received some presents and he got fancy chocolates for everyone, way to keep gaining everyone's approval, except for Mina because he had a different more complex gift for her.

"Okay, nice, but do you all remember when Mina gave me chocolates?!" Dahyun questioned and everyone groaned immediately. They all remembered, she wouldn't shut up about it. Mina blushed and chuckled and Chaeyoung realized once again she couldn't ask for more. Just being there sharing with all her friends and her amazing girlfriend.

The wine for sure brought out the confidence in Tzuyu, when she received Sana's gift, she tried thanking her with a kiss. Nothing out of the ordinary, Sana leaned to peck her lips but Tzuyu was not going for that kind of kiss.

"Honey," Sana chuckled pushing Tzuyu's slightly away. But Tzuyu kept trying. "Tzuyu, you're welcome, okay, no need for- Tzuyu." Sana cupped her face knowing her girlfriend was just acting like that because of her drunken state.

"Hot," Dahyun nodded as Momo hit her arm laughing too.

They were all definitely going to make fun of Tzuyu in the future. It became a memorable night. After many hours full of laughter and excitement the girls started to leave.

"Bye, you, don't be a stranger, text me!" Momo said. To which anyone would think were words for Mina or even Nayeon but they were indeed for Chaeyoung who just laughed and gave an awkwardly thumbs up. She was not actually uncomfortable with it, Chaeyoung was just awkward by nature and Momo acting like her best friend for a while now, was fun but it would always make her act dumb. They do get along, though. They have many things in common unlike what they had expected. It made Chaeyoung remember how they were the first days of knowing each other when Momo would high five her hand and call her badass for standing up to Mina.

Tzuyu apologized for the hundredth time before leaving too and Sana just patted her back and guided her out.

Chaeyoung closed the door and decided to help Jeongyeon with the dishes, but Jeongyeon was not there yet and she found a different company.

"Hey," Kwan said. "We'll leave soon, how are you?"

Chaeyoung didn't mind talking with him, it was just odd that they were the only ones there and they would usually exchange words in the presence of more people.

"I was just saying goodbye to the girls, what are you..."

"Oh, this?" Kwan moved eagerly as he armed his plastic container. "Jeongyeon let me have the rest of the cake, isn't it that great?" He seemed really thrilled about it, Chaeyoung had to confess it was almost cute. "I just need Jihyo to stop chatting with Nayeon and we'll be on our way," he continued not giving much place for Chaeyoung to talk. "But!" He said as if remembering. "Would you go to dinner?"

His eyes were on Chaeyoung expecting an answer. He looked eager. "What dinner?"

"With Mina's mom."

"How do you know that?"

Kwan stared at her. Stared at her probably for more time than he ever had. Chaeyoung was feeling self-conscious, she scratched her head out of habit and then Kwan just winked at her, took his cake and left. All in just three seconds. 'what?'

She barely had time to say goodbye to Jihyo and then everyone was gone. Their lovely night ended and she was quite tired from all the socializing. She didn't want to think about anything, just sleep.

So after having helped a bit and gathered her presents she left to wash up and get on her pajamas, an oversized plain black shirt, comfort at its finest. Chaeyoung made it to bed without saying much, Mina was still helping around and organizing probably both her presents in a better way but Chaeyoung was feeling so tired she tried to wait for her half asleep.

Half an hour later Mina got to bed too. Thankful that the bed was already warm, she cuddled up to sleepy Chaeyoung.

"You sleepy?"

"Mhh," Chaeyoung groaned and moved a bit to acknowledge Mina's closeness.

"You didn't say good night," Mina complained using a baby voice.

"I was waiting," Chaeyoung tried to explain. "Sleep beat me."

"Mh," Mina pouted and left a kiss on Chaeyoung's cheek. "Tiny." Chaeyoung hummed and was ready to stop resisting sleep but Mina kept talking to her. "Sorry I slept away," she said. To which Chaeyoung just moved a hand to grab Mina's resting on her stomach. "For what it's worth, I don't sleep that well without you now, I got used to your presence." Mina's voice was quite soft as always, it only made Chaeyoung more and more relaxed, her steady breathing a clear sign of how she was almost sleeping. "Baby," Mina whispered shaking Chaeyoung a bit, too. "On a scale of one to ten, how sleepy are you?"

Chaeyoung exhaled a bit, Mina was so silly sometimes, she loved it. "Eleven."

Mina groaned a bit and cuddled closer. "But baby, you kinda owe me something."

"What are you talking about?" Chaeyoung mumbled, her brain shut down.

"You know earlier, we got interrupted, you owe me that." Chaeyoung got now what Mina's intentions were, but she was not in her best state, it wouldn't work despite Mina's body being closer as ever and the sweet kisses she started leaving on Chaeyoung's cheek. "No?"

"I'm tired, I'll make it up to you," Chaeyoung mumbled and didn't bother to open her eyes, that should be all.

But Mina didn't give up, instead moved a hand lower over Chaeyoung's body to her thigh. "Come on," she caressed slowly as she talked whispers in her ear, "let me wake you up." It felt nice, but Chaeyoung couldn't control much of her body or brain at this point, only managed to hum and Mina took it as a positive reaction so she kept whispering and caressing. "Is it a yes?"

"Mh... no," Chaeyoung babbled. "Sleep."

Mina sighed heavily a moved to be on her back. "Fine, I'll do it myself."

"Alright," Chaeyoung dismissed ready to stop talking but after a few seconds, she realized what Mina had said and woke up suddenly for an instant. "What? No," she had turned around opening her eyes for the first time, "don't."

"Why not?"

"No, love, I'll do it, I- let me," Chaeyoung said still sleepy but frowning for some reason. Mina found it cute, so she didn't cooperate and ignored Chaeyoung, moving a hand to the waistband of her pants and that's when Chaeyoung held her wrist firmly. "No, no," Chaeyoung chuckled a bit, "I'll do it, I'll do it." She hovered slightly above Mina and stole a sloppy kiss from her lips. "That's unfair."

Mina could see Chaeyoung was dying of tiredness, her sleepy face and voice were so cute she couldn't help but smile like a fool. "Why would it be unfair?"

"Mhh... you can't," Chaeyoung mumbled leaving another clumsy kiss, "can't." She moved a hand underneath Mina's pajama shirt and unskillfully caressed her side. Mina was happy she managed to make Chaeyoung react but she was just messing with her so she was going to let her sleep, which was what was happening, Chaeyoung moved to the crook of her neck, trying to leave a couple of kisses and humming.

Mina felt how the girl was barely moving. "Baby."

"I'll do it, I-" Chaeyoung hearing her voice, woke up again just for a second, left another kiss and cuddled closer to Mina's body. She was getting ready to sleep without even realizing it. Mina chuckled a bit feeling Chaeyoung's soft breathing against her neck and moved a hand to brush her back softly. Chaeyoung was asleep in a second. She had no idea why Chaeyoung had reacted like that but it was so funny.

"Cry baby," Mina whispered softly leaving a kiss on her head. Chaeyoung slept on Mina's neck and Mina tried to fall asleep too, all the events from the past few days repeating in her head. She had a bittersweet feeling. She was somehow happy about the call but hesitant, her previous spark of hope was being replaced by fear and disappointment. It was getting hard to sleep with all those thoughts, Mina tried taking deep breaths and counting to five. She hated the power her mother had on her emotions, she felt weak, she always did. Tears were threatening to escape but she didn't want to cry, it was so stupid. Maybe she needed some air, her thoughts were making her feel so anxious. She tried to move slowly but that's when Chaeyoung groaned softly and snuggled closer, Mina felt how the girl mindlessly left a kiss on her neck before keeping still again.

That was enough for Mina to calm down.

Chaeyoung always brought her back to her senses. With Chaeyoung around, she was less impulsive but at the same time, more adventurous. Chaeyoung gives her confidence and courage, warmth and serenity. Chaeyoung is her whole world, even if she questions every day being worthy of such a beautiful person, Chaeyoung makes sure to ease her mind every time. Chaeyoung's whole existence is precious to Mina. She fell asleep after a while, another night of feeling loved. Another night of remembering that no matter what, she is not alone.

***

A couple of months later the big encounter took place. Mina asked Chaeyoung many times if she really wanted to go. She didn't want to make her uncomfortable or make her go through something unpleasant but Chaeyoung was actually more thrilled than her and insisted that whatever Mina had to endure she did too because it was easier to deal with things together. Mina knew that, but she really wanted Chaeyoung to be okay and she was still so doubtful about everything, that's why it took her months to properly accept and set a date.

But the day arrived.

Mina was losing it, she only found comfort in getting ready.

"You look so stunning, well, you are, wow," Chaeyoung supported her chin in her shoulder. "Is this a new dress?"

Mina's hands were shaking, Chaeyoung noticed immediately and grabbed them reassuringly. Mina sighed and gave her a tiny smile. "Kwan's gift from Christmas, he has such good taste."

"Well, he liked you, didn't he?"

Mina chuckled and just like that Chaeyoung made her relax in a minute. Magic.

Even if Mina had expected the day to be like the end of the world, it was only going awful in her mind, in reality, everything had gone so smoothly. They only needed to get going now and expect the best outcome, which in Mina's mind, was nowhere to be found.

"How are you so chill?"

"Oh, I'm not," Chaeyoung smiled as they walked outside their apartment. "I'm totally nervous, but I can pretend I'm just fine, besides, it's okay, what's the worst that could happen, love, if anything bad happens we will just leave, okay? I won't accept any criticism towards you or us, got it?"

Mina nodded and swallowed hard. Maybe Chaeyoung had tried to convince her and was completely annoying about the whole topic of being close to her mother, maybe Chayoung had suggested not to come out and all those things Chaeyoung offered that indicated she didn't want Mina to be so open about them, but these moments were the ones that made Mina completely safe, she knew Chaeyoung was confident. She knew Chaeyoung had no trouble being who she was, she always had been. So free. And Mina knew she was not going to let her be mistreated in any way, just like how she had tried to defend her in their room that one awful encounter. Chaeyoung never had issues with being true to herself, from the very first day they met. Kind but not soft. Then she got to know the awkward cry baby she fell in love with, but that was different.

You might say it went well. Maybe it was Mina that feared so much, who was expecting a negative outcome that everything at first was a bit delicate. She was on the defensive for the first half of it. She hated how her mother acted like everything was fine like she had done nothing wrong like she had not treated Chaeyoung with awful words or her own daughter.

For Chaeyoung, though, even without the apology, she felt it was great that they were there. The woman had said hi properly and no other touchy subject appeared. They mostly talked about their studies. It was hard to conceive the idea that she was the same woman that forced Mina to apologize in front of her, but it was, and if it meant Mina feeling better about herself and her family relationship then she was going to stay there for her.

A pleasant surprise was that they were not alone. Even though, unfortunately, by the time they set the date Mina's father couldn't be there, Kwan was. And his presence made Mina feel less uncomfortable. Chaeyoung had realized that over time, he was a good friend, like a brother even. He managed to make Mina act naturally. Chaeyoung knew Mina trusted him, so it was great. He would lead the conversation and Mina's mother would laugh so much at his jokes. Chaeyoung was grateful for him. Something she never expected but she was. Stupid Kwan was not so stupid after all.

They avoided difficult topics successfully throughout the whole time. It was only at the end of the evening that Mina's mother began to act differently. But somehow, Mina had overcome her fears and doubts, maybe because of Chaeyoung's positivity and Kwan's presence, but she did not realize. Mina was too busy feeling like finally, she could allow herself to just be in front of her family.

That's why when they were about to say goodbye, Mina was not taken aback at her mother's petition of talking alone for a while. But Chaeyoung was. So much she started a conversation with Kwan on her own.

"What's happening?"

"What do you mean?" He was on his phone but put it down. Both were just waiting for Mina in order to leave. He was going to drive them.

"I'm just... how is that we had dinner just fine?" Chaeyoung's sighed and trusted her thoughts to Kwan. She was holding everything for Mina but of course, she was hesitant.

"Do you want me to insult you to make it more normal?"

"Wh- No, no, I-" Chaeyoung got nervous, she was worried about Mina, she didn't register Kwan's joking tone. "It's hard to trust... after everything."

Kwan looked at her, Chaeyoung avoided eye contact. When she first met Kwan she wouldn't take her eyes off him. She smiled the whole encounter just to bother him, she was mad at him. Now, they got along and it was shy Chaeyoung talking, not the one that was about to fight Mina's allegedly boyfriend. Now it was just Kwan and it made her awkward that he was about to say something probably smart because he knew more than her.

"It's hard for parents like her to... accept your kind of relationship," and it kind of a nerve in Chaeyoung hearing that, but she knew how Kwan talked sometimes, she needed to let him and not react, "it's been like a year since she's been trying to get it and she still doesn't-"

"Why do you know all that." Chaeyoung reacted.

Kwan let out a short chuckle. "We talked, I've always like chatting with her somehow... and since you happened, well, she had questions and I guess needed someone and I spent quite a lot of time here-"

"Why?"

"You know it's rude if you interrupt me every time."

"Sorry... but why?"

Kwan looked away and fixed his hair back.   "I just do," he said. "I like it, it's comfortable to- You know? That's not important, I just do."

Chaeyoung noticed he didn't like the topic which was odd because he seemed to be the kind of guy who enjoys talking about himself. It oddly and faintly reminded her of Nayeon.

"Then, is she really okay with us?"

"She is not. But she wants to." Kwan leaned forward to put emphasis, Chaeyoung somehow trusted him. Everyone somehow trusted him. "She really does, not having Mina ar-"

"Okay, are we ready to go?" Mina's voice suddenly resonated and that never annoyed Chaeyoung but she was interested in whatever Kwan could tell her.

Both walked closer to her and got their jackets, said goodbye and left. It was a better than anticipated evening. Kwan drove them safely and soon enough Mina was showering and Chaeyoung was making tea still lost in thought. She wanted to ask Mina about everything. 'is she okay?'

Mina had not said much and seemed so normal, not stressed, not agitated, nothing really.

She carried the cups to their bedroom and waited for her sipping on her hot tea. Mina got there after a few minutes, it was late already. She got to the room in her pajamas which was a bummer, Chaeyoung enjoyed a lot watching Mina put on clothes, not because it was quite appealing, but because it felt so natural, it showed the trust they had built in one another, it was so simple yet it meant so much.

"Ready to sleep?" Mina asked walking towards bed after having dried her hair a bit. She looked gorgeous. It was probably Chaeyoung's favorite look of her, the one without any kind of makeup, with messy hair, in her nightclothes, it only was better when in the morning, she also had that raspy voice that drove her crazy from the first time.

"Tea," Chaeyoung handed her the cup and Mina smiled. They had not talked about their evening, which was weird because they had learned to talk about things, right? But Chaeyoung was not sure if asking and Mina didn't seem like she would say anything. They drank in silence and after a while turned off the lights, except one tiny led lamp on Chaeyoung's side, and actually got in bed.

"Night," Mina said kissing Chaeyoung's cheek and turning to her side. It was not odd that they took different sides of the bed, they didn't cuddle all the time, but for some reason, Chaeyoung couldn't help but feel something was different. Was she being delusional? Was she overthinking?

They were not supposed to keep those doubts to themselves so Chaeyoung got closer. "Love, today... we had a nice evening, right?"

Mina turned around facing Chaeyoung. "Of course," she said. "Did you feel awkward?"

"No, no, I... are you okay?"

Mina made their foreheads touch and said, "Of course, it was indeed nice, let's sleep now."

"Okay," Chaeyoung closed her eyes feeling Mina's forehead and then both turned to their sides again. Chaeyoung was not really convinced but maybe they could talk more about it when tomorrow Nayeon or Jeongyeon ask about it. She decided it was better to let it go and sleep.

And she did sleep, quite fast actually, after all, it had been a tiring day. But a cold breeze woke her up, which was odd, their tiny apartment was not cold. Having slept on her back as she usually did, she felt the breeze on her face, she was wearing some shorts and loose sleeveless shirt, the covers were not covering her properly so she was about to find a better position, when her slightly opened eyes, caught on the root of the problem.

The balcony window was open.

Rubbing her eyes and sitting on the bed, she realized Mina was not next to her. 'What time is it?' For sure she had slept a couple of hours but why was Mina awake.

"Hey." Walking to the corner of the room she formed Mina in the street light, only wearing a nightgown, looking away. "Come back to bed," she whined like a baby from inside.

Mina turned a bit surprised of hearing Chaeyoung. "Baby," she said softly. "Why are you awake?"

"I should ask that, I felt cold, come."

"Be right there," Mina said so Chaeyoung turned around to get in bed again but then she remembered, recovering from her sleepy state, that maybe something was not fine.

So she turned again and gave a few steps to meet the cold air, not caring to put something on first. She surrounded Mina's waist and supported her chin on her shoulder. She didn't say anything, just held her there.

Mina relaxed under her embrace and after a while, turned to face her. "Let's go back, it's late."

But making eye contact, Chaeyoung could now really tell something was wrong. "Mina," She held her cheeks, "you cried."

Feeling Chaeyoung's hand on her face, hearing her worried tone, only made Mina want to keep crying or laughing, she was not sure, so she managed to leave out a weird chuckle and stuttered, "it- It's okay."

"What happened?"

Mina moved away from Chaeyoung's hold and took a deep breath, Mina was not sad, it was quite different from that. She was not sure how to react, that was the thing.

But she wanted Chaeyoung to understand so she took the piece of paper Chaeyoung had not even noticed was next to Mina in the pot where they had been trying to keep their new plants growing at the balcony. It was an envelope, taking the letter out, she handed it to Chaeyoung.

"What's this?" Maybe just maybe Chaeyoung was panicking.

"It's... something I could only share with you,"  Mina explained softly, she was still a bit confused. Many emotions were running in her mind. But she wanted Chaeyoung to read it.

Sighing heavily, Chaeyoung unfolded the letter and glanced at Mina carefully before reading, waiting for the worst.

It was not what she had expected the more she read the neat handwriting.

Dear Mina,

I really hope you are reading this. I don't really know how to write all I want to say but I can't find peace in my heart these days. You and I are very similar, I'm sure you know that. Unfortunately, you have most of the bad traits I have. We are both stubborn and I'm sorry for that. But that is not what I should be saying sorry for. I'm sorry because I pushed you away. I'm sorry because you trusted me and I couldn't put you first. I'm sorry because when you were crying your heart out apologizing to me I only thought about me. What people might think first of me and then of you, of our family. I am scared, I have been scared since you told me everything, I was embarrassed at first but then I was worried, worried you would encounter more people like me. No one should ever hurt you. It terrifies me. But I hurt you. I knew that from the first look you gave me upon saying how you felt yet you apologized and I've been trying to ignore it, I tried to deal with it, to change your mind, to lock you up in my beliefs, I tried. But you were stronger than me. You are stronger than me. And you are many things and one of those things is my daughter. You have always looked at the world with a sight I could never obtain and I always tried to change it, I shouldn't have. You once asked me how do you know when you are in love and I told you such trivial things but they were true, the thing is, there is so much more, sometimes love makes you crazy, sometimes it makes you better, sometimes it heals you, sometimes it crushes you and sometimes it lifts you up and makes you glow. And I ignored it but whenever you got home after your dates with her, you would smile the brighter and it hurt a bit, but it hurt more when you would look at me and your smile would disappear. I carried out awfully the promise of giving your kind of love a chance, but I want to try again. Because, honey, I miss you. And it pains me to know that you are making your life and I'm not being part of it. You have the right to figure yourself out and I think you've had. You are amazing no matter what and even if it is still complicated for my old brain to understand, there is nothing wrong with being who you are, if she makes you happy, truly happy then that's all I want for you. I still think Kwan would be good for you, but just because he is such a sweetheart, who has been keeping me up with your life, even though he shouldn't, because I should know that from you. I shouldn't have let us lose touch. I sincerely hope dinner was proof enough of my intentions. And I know there is no proof of how I feel for you and that a plain letter is maybe the way of a coward but I am ashamed of how I've treated you, but I want to ask for another chance. Not having you around it's so wrong and maybe just maybe you miss me a bit too. I'm sorry for making your life harder when I should have been making it simpler.

I love you, Mina. You are perfect to me still. Always.

Chaeyoung read the whole thing slowly, processing every sentence and feeling something in her stomach the more she read. Chaeyoung knew all Mina had ever wanted to hear from her mother was that she loves her. These words, Chaeyoung knew would mean the world to Mina. When she finished, she lifted her head immediately.

"Mina, this is amazing!" Chaeyoung was confused, how come Mina was not jumping up and down or something. Maybe Chaeyoung just didn't know how it felt.

"It is..." Mina said softly taking the note back and eyeing it for a second, she put it away again. She kept staring at it, not turning to Chaeyoung.

"Hey," Chaeyoung got closer. "Hey, look at me." Mina turned around, she couldn't help the way her lips started to tremble. Or her hands. She was breathing fast and her eyes filled with tears. "Mina-" Chaeyoung got interrupted by Mina's abrupt hug, she couldn't take it anymore, she didn't know how to react at first and now, she was not sure why she was reacting like this but she found herself wanting to hide in Chaeyoung's arms. Mina needed to accept she had been holding too much.

Mina held Chaeyoung strongly, burying her head in the crook of her neck, she sobbed in her arms. Like never before. She was not embarrassed, she trusted Chaeyoung with her life. Yet she still apologized. "I'm- I'm sorry."

"Love, Mina, it's okay," Chaeyoung of course received Mina immediately, surprised by it all and a bit confused but she did, she held her in place, as she heard her sobbing on her neck. She had heard Mina cry but never like this. It was overwhelming but it was okay. It was what Mina needed, it was Mina leaving out all her bottled up feelings of the last months, "it's okay," Chaeyoung insisted not caressing Mina's back but holding her tight trying to calm her down. Mina's whimpers pained her. "It's- It's okay," her voice broke. She couldn't help but let the tears form in her eyes as well. "Y-you are loved, Mina. You are loved." And that only made Mina cry more. She was bawling holding Chaeyoung for her life. "You are beautiful and loved and worth it and pure and I love you, too." Chaeyoung talked feeling her tears go down her cheeks. "I love you, too."

"S-she a- pologized- Baby," Mina tried to make comprehensible noises, "she- she-" But she couldn't, Chaeyoung patted her back reassuringly and firmly as Mina kept crying for a long time. The night was cold but no one cared anymore.

She had received it before leaving and was asked to read it with care and time, so she waited for Chaeyoung to fall asleep before doing so. That letter, was definitely all Mina had ever wanted to hear. She just read it, but it was enough to make her heart warm up, it meant the world to her. It made her stomach flip, it made her brain stop working properly, she had not known how to handle everything, how to express her emotion at that moment she read it, she stayed put until Chaeyoung appeared. She was not sure how she let it all out in her arms. Only Chaeyoung managed to radiate safety. She was sure she had never cried like that but it made her head free of all worries.

Trying to calm down by taking short deep breaths, she backed away a bit to set Chaeyoung free, the way she was holding onto her, she knew it must feel heavy. "You're crying," she smiled still with tears, sniffing and gulping. "C-cry baby."

"You're crying!" Chaeyoung wiped her tears.

"It's different," Mina said. "It's m-more than just tears, it's-"

"Don't give me that speech again," Chaeyoung frowned. Both were emotionally a mess. Both had their eyes so red and puffy, mostly Mina. Yet both were smiling like idiots. "Mina," Chaeyoung said more serious now, cupping her face. "You deserve the world."

Mina's eyebrows twitched. She felt so fragile and small. "I-"

"You do, you do, I know you feel less, I know you struggle every day, you think you're not enough, but you are!" Chaeyoung moved a hand to hold one of Mina's and moved it to her chest. Like many times. It was like their love talk. "You make my heart so happy just by existing. You are loved, Mina. Your family loves you, your friends love you, just for who you are."

Mina balled Chaeyoung's shirt with the hand on her chest and tried to hold her tears, everything that had happened today was too much to handle, her emotions were all over the place. But she could feel it, she felt loved. She had no idea she had been keeping all these tears inside. But she knew she had been ignoring many things, she knew Chaeyoung had insisted on her to reach out for her own good, she should've listened but she was scared and now, now her mother had looked for her and it couldn't be more reliving. Because she had been tired, so so tired.

"You- You-"

"Mina," Chaeyoung insisted getting closer and using her tiptoes to reach Mina's forehead with her own she added, "you're so strong, you're stronger than you think. And I'm thankful every day, so grateful, so- I am so happy because of you." Chaeyoung had Mina's face in between her hands again. "Thank you."

"W-Why?"

Chaeyoung got even closer slowly and kissed Mina's lips. She didn't hesitate. Both closed their eyes at the contact, it was such a meaningful kiss. It was filled with the love they had for each other. Mixed with the raw emotions of their shared moment. Their lips caressed each other softly and with experience but it felt just like a first kiss. A before and after. Mina had let it all out behind by crying her heart out in Chaeyoung's arm, now Chaeyoung was doing more of the same with their kiss. Until she stopped it, looking for Mina's eyes, she answered, "because you slayed dragons for me," and Mina let out a short laugh, "because you stood up for you, for me, for us, because you...Because you dared to love me."

Mina felt like crying again, not like she ever really stopped, but she didn't. She only breathed in and out, holding Chaeyoung's waist, making their bodies closer, felling for shiny eyes all over again. She had no idea hearing that would make her feel so good. But Chaeyoung always sees her, Chaeyoung knows always just what to say to her. All the time. Chaeyoung acknowledged everything Mina had endured. Even if she would never understand. Chaeyoung had no idea what it was like to feel rejected by your own mother, to be scared about how your parents might react, to hide from them, to lie to them, to have your trust broken, she couldn't know, everything had been so normal for her all the time. Yet she was aware of Mina's efforts, how could she not? In her mind, Mina was the bravest.

"And I'd do it all over again," Mina found her voice. "If it means being here with you right now, it does not matter all the hurt, I would do it all over again just to have you in my arms," she confessed softly. "Don't cry again," Mina scolded Chaeyoung with a small smile. "I told you I would slay dragons for you, didn't I? Now you just need to paint me ."

Chaeyoung laughed brokenly and nodded hugging Mina. It was true, Mina had crashed them all. For some reason, both felt like their love confessions were just made now. They had never shared an emotional moment as strong as this one, Chaeyoung had never seen Mina cry as much and she had never felt that relieved. It was like a big burden had gone. Just evaporated. It was not just them against the world, this time it was them and the world.

Soon enough they realized it was better to go back inside but not before observing the night sky for a few minutes, like their first date. Both were at peace now. Holding each other in their comfortable silence.

But Mina had the best views of all and it was much better than the night sky, Chaeyoung came into Mina's life by surprise and it all started, she had always loved staring. And she not only watched but she allowed one layer, two layers, slowly, she got painted by her without even knowing, here and there, she let her.

Mina was white as a canvas, lonely even, but then everything change, when she suddenly appeared, warming her heart all so naturally, like a warm autumn yellow, layer by layer, every spot Chaeyoung touched got colored with a different tone, different memories, becoming thicker and thicker, Mina only wanted for her to keep doing it. Faster and stronger, like with a deep red when they first held each other close, warmth all over, only Chaeyoung could mark her like that, she let herself get colored by her until a deep blue tainted them, and it broke their hearts. Blue was the first time Mina cried for her. Yet she wanted more, she wanted her, to be known by her, painted by her, layer by layer, no matter how dark they might get, Chaeyoung was her painter and she knew they were creating the most beautiful painting ever, only Chaeyoung could draw in her heart. To Chaeyoung's eyes, Mina was a masterpiece.

"Just enough," Chaeyoung mumbled supported on Mina's chest.

"What?" Mina was brushing her hair.

"Not , just enough."

Mina laughed at her and Chaeyoung snuggled closer. They finally fell asleep again, this time holding each other as if they were not going to let go, and they didn't. They held each other every night. They fought, they loved, they argued, they shared, they screamed, they laughed, all together. They showed everyone just how much they felt for each other, no one could doubt their connection. That night, Mina fell asleep with that one thought in mind that Chaeyoung had created in her. Even if she desperately wanted the approval of her parents, of her friends, of people in general, it was herself the most important one. It is her life. And she did it, she finally got it, she was proud of herself because, for a change, she made the right decision.

She dared to love her.