She smiled

Dare to Love Her

Chaeyoung woke up for the first day of classes and before getting out of bed, decided that she was not going to let her new roommate get under her skin.

She even decided to try and befriend her.

Why not?

They for sure must have something in common. Mina seemed to be older than her but still. She gets along with older people, like Nayeon.

She turned around in bed and looked at the red tape a few steps from it. For some reason she wasn't mad. Yeah, it was all pretty weird and it didn't make sense at all. Mina had confused her for a boy, she understood that. She had short hair at the moment, just to try and see how she would look. She liked it but she kind of missed her long hair so she was going to let it grow, still, she didn't think her looks were to be so easily mistaken as a boy, but it is true that when Mina saw her, she had an oversized hoodie, no make up on and everything covered. So yeah, it kind of made sense Mina's first reaction, but hadn't Chaeyoung made it pretty clear that she was a girl? why all this trouble?

'she thinks you're a lesbian' Chaeyoung thought.

She heard what mina had called her yesterday but decided to ignore it. The truth is she didn't feel like discussing her uality with some stranger.  For Chaeyoung this wasn't a big deal, if she felt something for a girl or a boy she was not going to get scared or confused. That just would be it. You can't choose who you love, that's what she believed in. Many people have asked her to define herself but labels weren't Chaeyoung's thing, Chaeyoung's thing was love.

She is a total dreamer.  

She believes in fairy tales, she longs for the one, she won't kiss anyone just for fun, it has to mean something. 

She wants to hold hands with someone and walk under the moonlight, she wants to make her significant other smile, she wants to see them and feel her heartbeat increasing. That's what Chaeyoung wishes for.

So, yeah, she didn't say anything to Mina yesterday because clearly the girl has some issues and they would've just ended up arguing and if Chaeyoung could avoid conflict, she was going to take that path. 

That's why before getting up, looking at that line, she decided she was going to play along, how hard could Mina's rule be?  She was certain she could make the girl come to her senses. 

'Yeah, there's really nothing wrong with me. I'm awesome.'

Chaeyoung continued with the rest of her day, she got up making the least sound possible and left her room after having everything she needed. Her classes started at 10 am and ended at 5 pm.

She enjoyed her classes but still, she was more than happy when the time on her phone indicated that there were only 5 minutes left.

When she got out of her last class and started walking towards her dorm, she felt the device vibrating in her pocket.

4 unread messages

She unlocked it and saw the conversation

SMC🦅🐯

from tzuyu🧡 5:02pm
why am I not in the name?

from dahyun🤍 5:02pm
because you left the group trying to make a dumb statement so we removed you

from tzuyu🧡 5:03pm
but I came back

from dahyun🤍 5:03pm
too late. Chaeyoungie should we meet for coffee tomorrow? how were your classes?

Chaeyoung laughed at the silly argument, it's true Tzuyu had left the group just because and they had decided to remove her emoji. Now she needed to earn it.

From chaeyoung🍓 5:03pm
Sure thing, I'm free tomorrow :)
just let me know
today was good
how about you?

From tzuyu🧡  5:04pm
don't flirt in front of me

from dahyun🤍 5:04pm
youre just jealous

from chaeyoung🍓5:04pm
you can join us too, tzuyu
only if you don't leave the group again

Tzuyu and Dahyun were Chaeyoung's classmates and friends from high school, they had graduated together and entered the same university. They were pursuing different majors but still most of the time they spend it together. They also got along with Chaeyoung's best friend, Nayeon. So sometimes when they all got together they were a group of six, the School meal club, and Nayeon with Jeongyeon and her roommate and friend, Jihyo.

You could say Chaeyoung is surrounded by amazing people, she really loves all her friends. They never failed to make her smile.

But now, she got to her room, ready to make the best out of this situation, so she opened the door with determination. 

'the boss is not home'

She felt relieved but at the same time disappointed, she wanted to talk to Mina so the girl could see how nice of a roommate she could be. And to make her regret this silly treatment.

She got to her bed and took her sketchbook to doodle something.

Maybe an hour had passed when she felt the door being opened.

She lifted her head up and made direct eye contact with the girl at the door. She could see how the girl immediately changed her normal relaxed gaze to a completely serious one.

Today Chaeyoung was not wearing any oversized hoodie, and she had put some make-up on, but she still was wearing a yellow flannel.

"Hi," Chaeyoung greeted her.

Silence.

'okay tough crowd'

Mina got to her own bed and left her things before sitting at her desk to maybe study.

The time passed and Chaeyoung decided to try again

"How was your first day of classes?"

Nothing.

'well, this may be more difficult than I-'
Chaeyoung's thoughts were interrupted by a sudden growling

A stomach growl.

She moved her hands to her own stomach but then looked up, to the actual source of the sound, Mina was looking at her stomach too. The girl probably hadn't eaten.

Another sound was made, and this time Chaeyoung looked directly at the girl, who turned around and caught how Chaeyoung was looking at her with an entertained face. She could see how Mina felt slightly embarrassed.

Chaeyoung suddenly got up and gave a couple of steps until she was on the tape line, walking above it moving towards the door she tried again

"I'm gonna go get something to eat, do you want anything?

She could see how Mina hesitated but still, the girl remained in silence. So Chaeyoung walked down the line trying to maintain the balance as if it were a hard task and left the room.

She went to a place nearby and bought some Tteokbokki and two drinks, she knew Mina was not going to accept the food but still, she was not giving up.

Why?

Who knows.

Either way, she got back to find the girl in the same position, she could see how the smell of the recently made food got to her senses.

She removed the plastic bag and left one portion right on top of the tape line with the respective drink and some chopsticks. 

She got to her bed and proceed to eat. But not in silence.

She made sure to let the girl know how tasty her food was with every bite.

"Really you should try this," she hummed "there's yours."

But the girl kept ignoring her so Chaeyoung did the best next thing, once she had finished her food, went to the bathroom to brush her teeth, wash her face, and put on her pajamas when she returned she could see Mina looking at the food with the corner of her eyes.

"Well, it was nice talking to you," she joked. "Good night, Mina." and she got to bed around 8 pm 

After some minutes had passed, she could hear the girl finally moving, she knew she was never going to eat the food if she were there so went to sleep to let the stubborn girl's pride untouched. 

Still, Chaeyoung opened one eye carefully just in time to see Mina taking the food and smiling a bit.

It was a tiny smile.

But still, she smiled.