Drunk people

Dare to Love Her

Domestic.

That's how Chaeyoung liked to describe how it was being in her room with Mina. She was still feeling delusional and it was frustrating sometimes, but not most of the time. Most of the time she just gave up trying to make sense of things that were out of her control and just have a great time with her roommate. There were many questionable things. Like a lot. But she was happy lying to herself, and Mina seemed happy too. It was like the both of them had agreed to be part of this little reality that only they knew and understood. When it was just the two of them, no one else mattered, they were in their own world.  It was scary, because Chaeyoung had never felt anything like this, but that was one of the reasons why she just couldn't ask Mina about what they were doing, she didn't want to lose it all, it could all go wrong and she'd rather keep living this fever dream than having to face reality.

The day of the party she woke up like she had been waking up the past few days, with Mina really close to her. She smiled at the view, it was impossible not to. She moved away slowly to not wake her up, Chaeyoung was going to be busy the whole day helping Nayeon with everything, that's why she had woken up early on a Saturday. 'I'm such a good friend' She was on her side of the bed now ready to get up when Mina pulled from her hand. 

"Why?" Mina said in a low raspy voice. Chaeyoung really loved Mina's morning voice. She turned to look at the girl, Mina still had her eyes closed. 

"I need to go help with the party," Chaeyoung explained removing strands of Mina's hair that were falling on her face. She didn't think twice before doing it, it was just so easy now. 

"Why?" Mina insisted like a kid. Chaeyoung laughed internally at her. 

"'Cause I'm a good friend." 

"Don't be one." Chaeyoung now liked clingy Mina, it was just so cute. But she couldn't stay, not even if Mina's voice was making her feel things. 

"I'll see you tonight," she tried and turned again to leave.

"That's different." 'different? why would it be different?'

"How so?" Chaeyoung asked but Mina didn't answer, she just sat on the bed getting closer to Chaeyoung, and hugged her from behind. 

"There will be people," Mina whispered supporting her head on Chaeyoung's back.

"What's with the people?" Chaeyoung was not understanding. Mina took a while before answering.

"I like it when it's just the two of us." There was something in Mina's quiet voice that made Chaeyoung feel a tingling sensation, the words were cute in a way, but they implied that Mina didn't want to be around other people and with her at the same time, that didn't feel right. 

"So you will ignore me?" Chaeyoung asked a bit afraid of Mina's answer. 

"No," Mina answered calmly. "It's just different," she said. 

"I don't understand."

"I just..." Mina spoke slowly. "I like it here." Chaeyoung in a way understood what Mina was saying but it made her feel bad, it reminded her that it was all a big fantasy, it was only real inside their room and her head. Chaeyoung didn't know what to say but Mina kept talking, "just don't go yet." It was the second time Mina had asked Chaeyoung to stay after waking up, it was not getting any easier. Chaeyoung set herself free from Mina's hold and went back to her original position in the bed, next to her. But this time Chaeyoung didn't hold Mina, she went straight to Mina's arm, so she could be held. She was feeling small, she didn't want to think about what Mina had just said, it was breaking her heart, so she stayed, trying to understand Mina's intentions. The girl received Chaeyoung like it was the most natural thing in the world like she had been doing it for a long time. It was funny how safe she felt in her embrace when Mina was the same reason she was feeling like this. They stayed in silence, Mina was focused on caressing Chaeyoung's hair and Chaeyoung was focused in ignoring her scary thoughts by just paying attention to Mina's steady breathing. It was so surreal, but it was their thing, their bubble that felt so safe but could be broken so easily. Where nothing else mattered and time was non-existent.  

And a lot of time felt like it was not passing until Chaeyoung's phone started ringing. She knew she probably had tons of unread messages, and that she was late.

"You should get that now," Mina whispered. 'right, now'

"Now I don't want to." Mina was just too cozy.

"But you're a good friend."

"I really am," Chaeyoung mumbled. "But you made me look like a bad one."

"Okay then I'll take responsibility." Mina stopped playing with Chaeyoung's hair. "Give me the phone."

Chaeyoung laughed. "I won't make that mistake again."

"I'm taking it," Mina stated and moved really fast over Chaeyoung, reaching for the phone. Chaeyoung was amused, she was not expecting Mina to actually take it. 

"Mina, don't." Chaeyoung kept laughing and tried to stop her but she was at disadvantage, Mina was on top of her now and she couldn't move. 

"It's Nayeon," she said looking at the device. 

"Of course, I was supposed to help her carry things." Chaeyoung felt bad. 

"Okay, stay quiet," Mina commanded hitting one of Chaeyoung's hands that was trying to reach for the phone. "Nayeon," she said accepting the call. Chaeyoung felt like dying, what could Mina say that wouldn't sound weird? Nothing. She covered her face with both hands out of embarrassment. 

"Chaeyoung, I swear to- "Mina had put the call on speaker, Nayeon's angry voice echoed through the room. "Wait, who's this?"

"Nayeon, it's Mina." Mina's voice sounded so sweet, 'okay so she's an expert at this' Chaeyoung felt embarrassed and bad for being late but deep down she was enjoying Mina's act. 

"Mina, hi." Nayeon changed her annoyed tone for a worried one 'I'm such a bad friend'. "Is Chaeyoung okay?"

"She is now," Mina began telling this whole elaborate lie. "I'm sorry it's all my fault, last night I brought food for the both of us and it must have been something bad in what she ate, she had a bad night and when she woke up this morning, it was still bad so I gave her something for the nausea and something to sleep, I didn't know she had to wake up early." 

"Is she okay now, though?" 

"Oh, yeah she is taking a shower, what should I tell her?"

"Well, I don't need her help anymore with carrying things, just tell her to get there early so she can help with the decorations, uh, only if she's feeling well." 

"Great, don't worry, I'll tell her." 

"Right, thanks for answering, Mina," Nayeon added. "And for taking care of her." 

"See you," Mina said and hung up throwing Chaeyoung's phone away. "Wow, I'm so good at this."  

"Mina," Chaeyoung complained with her face still covered. "I can't believe you made that up in the spot, she sounded so worried, I'm such a bad friend now, god, I need to get there now."

Mina laughed at Chaeyoung's panic. "It's okay now." Mina got off of Chaeyoung. "Just get dressed."

"Right, 'cause now you've already used me for your own benefits," Chaeyoung joked. 

"Please, you love it."

"You love it too."

"Yes," Mina confirmed. "So what? Get dressed, you're late." 

'so what' Chaeyoung couldn't help but think that everything they did felt different for Mina than how it felt for her. 'Of course it does, she thinks it's friendly, it's different' So Chaeyoung got up to get ready for the day, she was not coming back so she took her costume and everything she was going to need. 

"I'm leaving now," she announced going to the door. 

"Take care with what you eat," Mina shouted mocking her. "See you!" 

'real funny' It was more than late, she texted Nayeon to know where she needed to go now that she had not done what she was asked to. Nayeon just answered that she should go to her room, so she did. Knocking on the door she waited a bit nervous about how her friend was going to receive her, the lie was pretty believable but you could see guilt all a crossed Chaeyoung's face. She was not a good liar. 

"Hey," Nayeon answered the door. "Are you okay now?" She looked worried. 

"Yes, don't worry about that." Chaeyoung felt so wrong. "I'm sorry I couldn't help in the morning." Inside there was Dahyun, Tzuyu and Momo.

"I'm sorry too," Dahyun spoke with a frown, clearly mad at Chaeyoung because she had had to wake up early in her place. "We had to come and help an out-of-control Nayeon." 

"Dahyun, she was sick," Tzuyu argued. "Plus, it's not that bad, it's fun," she smiled. Chaeyoung felt sorry for Dahyun and guilty that Tzuyu was defending her, she had not been sick, at all, actually, she had been more than good. 'wow, Chaeyoung you really are a bad friend' 

Since she didn't know what to say she greeted Momo. "Hi, Momo." 

"Hey, are you feeling better?" Momo answered from her bed. 

"Uh, yes," Chaeyoung smiled. "Mina helped."

"Right." Momo looked down. 'uh...'

Nayeon cleared . "So," she started "Chaeyoung, we already made one trip to the place and left the most important things, now we only need to get there with this bags and decorate for the night, would you be okay for the party?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine, really, stop worrying." Chaeyoung didn't want to keep explaining. "Let's go." They said goodbye to Momo and on their way out they ran into Sana who was going to see Momo, it was a bit awkward. 

"Hi," she said with her sweet voice and a big smile. "Hi, Tzuyu." Everyone smiled at Sana but Tzuyu was not responding, so Dahyun pushed her. 

"Hey," Tzuyu said, she was flushed. 'cute'

"Are you guys preparing things for tonight?" Sana asked looking at the bags.

"Yes, we are going to leave everything ready," Nayeon answered. 

"Do you need any help, I can make Momo help too," she smiled tilting her head. Sana was really lovely. Chaeyoung could see how Tzuyu was Looking at her still red on the face but whenever Sana tried to look at her, she would look down.

"Don't worry," Nayeon answered. "Just get ready for tonight, I'm sure Momo wouldn't like to be disrupted, we are okay," she smiled at Sana's offer. 

"Okay then, I'll see you." Sana then turned to Tzuyu looking for her eyes. "Bye."

Dahyun pushed Tzuyu again, so she answered back, "Bye." And Sana got inside the room. 

"God, Tzuyu, you're awful," Dahyun complained. "She is totally into you and you couldn't even speak properly, honestly I wo-" 

"Dahyun, leave the girl alone," Nayeon shut her. "We all work differently, right Chaeyoungie?" 'for sure, ask Mina'

"Yeah," Chaeyoung smiled at Tzuyu. "It's okay." Tzuyu didn't say anything about it but on their way to the place, she wouldn't stop texting, she was smiling so Chaeyoung thought she was okay.

"Okay we are here," Nayeon told Chaeyoung. "Tzuyu it's the best." They had arrived at this giant house, Tzuyu had explained Nayeon that it belonged to one of his aunts, but that she barely never used it, because it was totally normal for rich people to have houses that they sometimes didn't use and so they could use it for the party, Nayeon had tried to pay Tzuyu many times but they all knew Tzuyu would never accept that so Nayeon had given up. Inside it looked as big as the outside, they had apparently already moved the furniture around making space and Chaeyoung could see boxes full of alcohol in a corner. There were many speakers too and other boxes that she couldn't see what was in.

"Did you hire a DJ?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Yeah, a friend," Nayeon answered leaving the bags on the floor. Dahyun left her bags too. They started taking the decorations out and putting everything in place making conversation once in a while. The other boxes Chaeyoung had seen contained lights, all different kinds of them, they put that in place too, and arranged tables with different kinds of alcohol and red solo cups. The Halloween decorations were looking nice, at night without light they will look way better.

"Dahyunnie," Chaeyoung felt curious, "what are you wearing tonight?"

"She didn't get anything," Tzuyu answered for her. 

"Of course I did," Dahyun complained. "I'm wearing a suit."

Chaeyoung was confused. "How is that a costume?"

"That's what I asked," Tzuyu agreed. "But she insisted."

"My costume is classy, is elegance." Dahyun was being serious. "You wouldn't understand and I look hot in suits."

"Right," Chaeyoung agreed but gave Tzuyu a look as if asking what's with her, Tzuyu just laughed. By sunset it was all looking pretty great, they had a break to eat too, and now the only thing left was to get dressed. Chaeyoung wondered how Mina was doing, that made her remember the events of this morning and she felt nervous, she wanted to see Mina but she was also afraid of how would she act around her. She got lost in thought until Nayeon called for her. 

"C'mon Chaeyoungie, let's get ready." They went upstairs to one of the many big rooms of the house. The four girls were putting on their costumes and accessories, Chaeyoung had put on her Joker's attire and was now doing the most important part, the make up and details.

"That's really cool," Dahyun said getting close to Chaeyoung. She was already in her costume it didn't have a theme but Chaeyoung thought that she was right, Dahyun did look great in it. 

"Thanks, you look nice," Chaeyoung answered keeping concentration on her task. She was feeling excited now, there was no need to worry about Mina, it'll be fine, she was here to enjoy the party and celebrate Jeongyeon. "Nayeonnie, how is Jeongyeon getting here?" 

"Jihyo," Nayeon answered, she was busy putting on some make up too. When Chaeyoung finished with hers, she got to see Nayeon completely ready, it was an amazing sight. 

"Nayeon I know you're like my sister, but damn." Chaeyoung got closer admiring her costume. "I pray for Jeongyeon."

"I know, I know," she winked. "I'm impressed too." Nayeon was taking selfies. "Come here, we need to-" She stopped talking, Chaeyoung followed her gaze, she was looking at Tzuyu who had entered the room, she looked stunning. "Tzuyu you look amazing," Nayeon said.

"You really look beautiful," Chaeyoung agreed, Tzuyu looked a bit red on the face. 

"Thanks," she simply said. Tzuyu was dressed as an angel and it suit her so much, Chaeyoung believed that was her true form. 

"Sana should be a devil, that'd be cool," Dahyun joined them. "You are beautiful Tzuyu," she added as if it was the most obvious fact. 

"People should arrive any minute now." Nayeon was starting to get anxious. "Then I have to let Jihyo know that they can come." She looked around the room looking for something, then she grabbed her phone. "Right, let's go down." 

And that's how the party started to get form, people started arriving in different costumes, many friends of Nayeon and Jeongyeon mostly and few people Chaeyoung actually knew, so she was in one of the couches, next to Tzuyu. Nayeon was receiving people and Dahyun was being a social butterfly. The music was just a quiet melody for now. They needed to wait for the birthday girl to surprise her, and then the lights would probably go off and all. 

"How are you feeling?" Chaeyoung asked Tzuyu. 

"I don't know," Tzuyu was playing with her hands, "I'm nervous, I need a shot or something, be right back." She got up to get a cup. Chaeyoung didn't understand why she was so nervous, but she was not going to say that, she was nervous too. A bit. Maybe she needed a shot too. 

"Chaeyoungie, come say hi." 'okay, you can do this' She knew Nayeon was calling for her because probably the other girls had arrived. 'it's not a big deal' She went near the entrance where Nayeon was. She was regretting not having taken that shot now. 

"Chaeyoungie we match!" She heard Sana's voice. They indeed matched, she was Harley Quinn. She looked at Momo and Mina too, they looked great, Mina was looking at her with a surprised face. 'did she like my costume?' Chaeyoung did like hers, even though she wasn't sure who that was, it had the Halloween vibe that the other costumes didn't have.

"We do, you look pretty," she answered to Sana. 

"Won't your partner mind?" Sana asked with a curious face. 'What?' 

"What partner?" She was confused. 

"Oh, I thought they'd be here," Sana explained, Chaeyoung was not getting it so Mina cleared and Chaeyoung looked at her, she was making a face and suddenly Chaeyoung remembered. 'oh, no'

"Ah, right," she awfully responded. "It's just that, uh, we broke up." At that Nayeon gave her the weirdest look ever. 

"Chaeyoung what ar-" Nayeon was about to ask. 

"It was a mutual thing don't worry," she said to Sana's sad face and interrupting Nayeon.

"Sorry," Sana replied. 

"No, it's okay, really." Chaeyoung was lying too much today, she could see how mina was almost laughing. 'it's all your fault' After that awkward conversation, the girls left to wander the place and Nayeon turned to Chaeyoung. 

"The was that, Son Chaeyoung." 'please, I don't deserve this, it's all Mina's fault' 

"I- It's," she was embarrassed, "it was a misunderstanding," Chaeyoung smiled. "I can explain later." 

Nayeon sighed. "Okay, I don't have time for your drama, I'll let Jihyo know they can come now." She grabbed her phone and started texting.

After a while, she spoke for everyone to hear. "Okay, guys, they're coming, just scream surprise or something." Chaeyoung was happy for Nayeon, she had planned this whole thing for weeks, and everything was going amazing with Jeongyeon, it was really heart-warming seeing Nayeon like that. They received Jeongyeon, it all went as planned, Nayeon gave a short speech explaining the party motives and everyone congratulated Jeongyeon after that individually, then the lights went out and they the other colorful party lights, the music was now really loud.

Chaeyoung did felt a bit scared at first, with the lights out, but then it was not really dark after all so it was okay. She was not much of a party person so she was watching everyone from a corner, Nayeon and Jeongyeon were talking with some friends in funny costumes, they were holding hands, it was cute. Dahyun was mixing some drinks with Jihyo, they were probably already a bit drunk. Chaeyoung had a drink on her system already and she was holding another cup but she was not trying to get drunk tonight. Then she saw Tzuyu who was with Sana. They were just talking really close to each other, probably because of the loud music, but it was nice seeing that Tzuyu was responding and she didn't need Dahyun hits to react.

And finally a bit far away from where she was, she saw Momo and Mina, they had drinks and were laughing. Chaeyoung wondered if Mina changed much when drinking. 'Should I approach them? Wouldn't it be weird?' Chaeyoung wanted to see how Mina was going to act around her, she took a while deciding if going or not, and then she did, slowly.

"Chaeyoung," Momo weirdly called for her. "Come here, drink with us." 'okay, great start'

"Hey," she smiled at both of them. "How are you doing?"

"We are fine," Momo answered. "It's all good, I love it here."

"Aren't you afraid of this dark?" Mina asked. Chaeyoung was not expecting that.

"Don't go around telling my phobias, it's not that dark, it's okay," she complained.

"I'm not telling anyone, Momo is fine."

"Yeah, Momo is fine," Momo answered.

"Is she drunk already?" Chaeyoung asked Mina looking at Momo's silly face.

"I think so, she's fun when drunk."

"Are you?" Chaeyoung was feeling better now that Mina had not ignored her.

"I don't know, you will have to wait and see," she answered with a grin. "You look nice by the way, Sana must be happy."

"Don't say that, I'm pretty sure Tzuyu is the jealous type."

"Your partner must be jealous too."

"Hey, that's all your fault, thanks for reminding me, I hate you."

"Hey, don't hate Mina." Momo looked like she was not paying attention but then reacted at that, it was pretty funny. Chaeyoung felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey guys," It was Dahyun. "You look great Mina, that's some real Halloween costume. I like the Mummy." 'oh, so that's who she was'

"Thanks, Dahyun," Mina answered. "You, uh, look nice too." She probably was confused about her clothes.

"Suits are hot," Momo pointed at Dahyun, "hot."

"See, I told you." Dahyun turned to Chaeyoung. She was really happy everyone was having a good time. They kept drinking for a while in that corner they had appropriated. Chaeyoung was okay, but Dahyun and Momo were acting funny already and Mina was just a bit red on the face, she seemed fine but you never know with her. Then some song started and Momo gasped.

"Oh, please, Minari, we have to dance this." She grabbed Mina who started laughing at her and they went to where other people were dancing. Chaeyoung kept looking at them. It was a nice hype song, they were jumping and laughing, it was cute. Soon Sana joined them and surprisingly Tzuyu too.

"I'm so proud of her," Dahyun suddenly said. "Getting over you and all."

"What?" Chaeyoung must have misheard

"What?" Dahyun answered back with the same tone.

"What did you just say?"

"That I'm proud of her," Dahyun explained in her drunk state. "About time, honestly it was frustrating, every time..." She kept talking while leaving to god knows where. Chaeyoung was left there alone completely confused. 'okay I hate drunk people' 

She got up to walk around, she talked to Jeongyeon for a bit who was without Nayeon, they danced too and took some shots. Now she did start to feel everything a bit differently, she couldn't stop smiling and the lights were confusing her eyes. But it was great, she wanted to feel like this, everything seemed less dangerous, so she went back to where she had been with Dahyun, from that position she could see Mina dancing. The music was different now, everyone was still dancing energetically but closer to each other. She saw Tzuyu and Sana were still dancing, like everyone else, really close to each other, she didn't know Tzuyu liked to dance that much, but apparently, she didn't know everything about her friend at all. Chaeyoung was amazed at how Tzuyu who could barely say hi to Sana this morning was now all over her, it was quiet intense to watch, she felt like intruding so she looked away, only to see something far worse, or better, it depends. If she thought that Tzuyu and Sana were really close, then Momo and Mina were awfully close, they were grinding each other following the music, she knew Mina was a great dancer and all but this was far more than she could handle, either way she kept staring. Chaeyoung was probably drooling at the sight, it was really hot, Mina was really hot. She felt her cheeks heated, she felt she shouldn't be looking at her like that, but it was hard not to. Then Mina caught her eyes, Chaeyoung wanted to hide. 'just look away, it's not that hard, look away' But she was not looking away and Mina was not breaking eye contact either, it was being more intense by the second. 'Okay she must be drunk too' There was no other explanation. Thankfully the music started changing and she broke the connection. Tzuyu and Sana stopped dancing and got close to her. 

"Hey, Chaeyoungie," Sana smiled at her. "Why so lonely?" 

"Dahyun left you?" Tzuyu asked. "She loses control really fast, should I look for her?" Chaeyoung noticed that Tzuyu was not drunk at all, then she knew what she was doing with Sana, that was great. Sana on the other hand, was more giggly than usual and that's saying something. 

"No, you stay with Sana," Chaeyoung talked after taking everything in and leaving her stupid state. "She probably needs you, I can find Dahyun." She got up and after looking around for some minutes, she found Dahyun, she looked fine, she was with Jihyo and Nayeon, they were eating pizza. "Hey," she told them. 

"Chaeyoungie, you look so cool." Jihyo went to hug her. "You are totally my type." 'awesome, more drunk people' 

"She is taken," Nayeon suddenly spat, looking at Chaeyoung with a frown. 'and another one' 

"Nayeon, I'm not taken." Chaeyoung knew she was referring to what Sana had said. "It was a mistake." 

"You are taken?" Jihyo asked with excitement. "Congratulations, Chaeyoung, I've always wanted to see you dating." 

"I'm not, I-" But she stopped trying to explain, she was not going to make them understand in the state they were in.  "Anyway, Dahyun, Tzuyu was asking for you."

"Oh, she doesn't need me," she answered biting her slice of pizza. "Did you see her dancing? Damn." 

"Sana works wonders," Nayeon agreed. "About time." Chaeyoung noticed how Nayeon had used the same words as Dahyun, she was curious why everyone was so happy for Tzuyu, like yeah, she was happy too but not that much. 

"What's with you all and Tzuyu?" She was getting annoyed, she felt left out.

"Do you really not get it?" Nayeon asked. Dahyun started laughing uncontrollably. ''

"Chaeyoungie," Jihyo started. "Tzuyu's had the most annoying crush I've ever seen on you, how could you not know?" 'what?' 

"That's not true, what are you all talking about?"

"Chaeyoung, please, it's not important anymore, the girl is happy," Nayeon answered. "Really I don't understand you, you come to me complaining about this girl that you barely know saying that she acts all clingy, but then you didn't even realize how Tzuyu has been drooling over you for the past few years, really how blind can you be, I mean Mi-"

"Nayeon, don't." Chaeyoung knew that Nayeon was just talking because she was drunk, but she was annoyed, how could she just talk about her feelings like that. 'I officially hate drunk people' 

"Okay, okay, Chaeyoungie, "Dahyun intervened. "We all have seen how Tzuyu is working on it now, don't worry, about the Mina thing, she's painfully straight c'mon" Chaeyoung was astonished now. 'what's wrong with them? why are they talking about me like it's nothing?'

"Wow, okay, you are all being rude now, you have no idea." She turned to Nayeon. "And you, do you really go around talking about everything I say to you?" 

"Of course not, I don't have to." 

"It's pretty obvious you like Mina," Dahyun agreed. 'the is wrong with them' "Nayeon hasn't told us anything."

"Right, okay, you are all drunk, I'm leaving" Chaeyoung was pissed, she was pissed at them and at the alcohol, but she kept drinking either way. 'Maybe I can get as dumb as them' She left them and went to another room where there were more people she didn't know but it was better.

Chaeyoung sat for a moment to think about everything, how could Tzuyu had liked her, and she didn't even notice? Tzuyu had always been nice to her, yes, but it was all friendly. Right? Her mind was not working properly but she was trying to make sense of it all, maybe Tzuyu never thought of it like only friendly and 'oh god, it's like with Mina, I only see Tzuyu as a friend just like Mina sees me just like a friend' Chaeyoung started to see now all the things Tzuyu had done for her and how she acted sometimes. 'that's why she practically asked for my permission to date Sana, god, I'm stupid' Chaeyoung felt guilty for not seeing it before, but she took comfort in thinking that it's not like Tzuyu actually said anything. 'Does that mean I should tell Mina?' She was now convincing herself that it was ridiculous to hide her feelings from Mina, just like Tzuyu had done with hers, and she never saw it, if she didn't say anything, Mina would never see it either. 'okay, no, it's stupid, there's no way I'm telling her anything, it's just the alcohol, get yourself together'

But it was all still in the back of her mind, a simple what if. What stopped all her rumbling thoughts were Dahyun's words. 'she's painfully straight, yeah of course she is' And that was it, she needed to distract herself so she looked for Jeongyeon, the only person that was not affecting her sanity. 

As expected Jeongyeon helped her to set her mind free from all her silly thoughts, she was introduced to a few friends of hers, and they all complimented her costume and make up, it was great. She was feeling better now, she stayed with them for the rest of the night until everyone started leaving and soon there were only her friends in the big house. She heard Nayeon talking. 

"You don't have to go," she was convincing Momo, "we are staying here, there are many rooms, plus," she got on top of a table, 'ridiculous' "it's the after-party!" At that Sana clapped happily. "That's the best part, right, love?" But Jeongyeon just nodded, she was too busy trying to keep Nayeon in place. "Hear me out, we are all friends now, Jeong, I did this all for you, you liked it didn't you? Because if you didn't then I'm dumping you." Nayeon was jabbering, completely drunk. 

"Of course I did, I love you," Jeongyeon answered. "Now, get out of there, okay, we can have some drinks on ground level." Nayeon laughed and threw herself in her arms. Everything was messy at the house now, the lights were back on. The only people relatively sober were Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, and Jeongyeon. Jihyo and Nayeon were the worst, that only meant there was not going to be much control. 

"Okay, deal," Momo spoke. "We are staying, 'cause we are so much fun, let's play something now." Everyone cheered at her words, Chaeyoung looked at Mina, the girl was smiling too, she seemed like she was having a great time just like everyone else. That made Chaeyoung feel better. "Drinking games!" 

"You're so right!" Dahyun joined. Chaeyoung had abandoned her annoyed state, she was okay now, it was actually fun seeing everyone so drunk, they were just having a good time, and she was a bit intoxicated too, so she was laughing either way. 

"Okay people, get a glass and make a circle," Jihyo commanded and everyone started moving, it was funny how even drunk she was bossy, Chaeyoung took her own glass and went to the circle next to Dayhun. She saw Mina at the other side next to Momo, somehow the paint  on her face with the details was barely there now, she looked funny.  "Wait we need a bottle," Jihyo added and stood up really fast for someone in her state, she got a bottle that still had some Vodka in it and drank it without hesitation before putting the thing in the middle. "Okay, ready," she said. 

"Jihyo, you are wild," Dahyun laughed and everyone agreed.

"I'll go first," Jihyo answered spinning the bottle, that mysteriously landed on her, at that Jihyo started laughing like it was the funniest thing ever, it was not funny at all but everyone laughed too because no one was sane enough. 

"Okay, truth or dare?" Nayeon got up for some reason challenging Jihyo who was still laughing. 

"Truth," she answered out of breath. "I'll start easy." 

"Easy, uh? Okay, then..." Nayeon looked around the room. "You said Chaeyoung was totally your style," At that Dahyun screamed, "Go, Chaeyoung!" And Nayeon continued. "But out of all the people here, who would you actually make out with?" Chaeyoung couldn't help but look at Mina, maybe she was uncomfortable, but the girl was looking at Jihyo with curiosity and a silly smile just like everyone else. 

"Ohhh..." Jihyo stood up too, looking at Nayeon. "You know what, I do have an answer," she smiled and explained. "I only know her from today, but she's so much fun and, Sana, you're hot I'd totally make out with you." Everyone cheered at Jihyo's words, except for Tzuyu and Sana got up laughing and clapping excitedly. 

"That's some choice, I'll go now." Nayeon grabbed the bottle. Chaeyoung saw how Tzuyu reached for Sana's arm pulling her down so she could sit again next to her and Sana obeyed winking at her. 'See, jealous type'  It was still kind of weird to think about what their friends had said about Tzuyu but maybe she could talk to her about that other day. 

The bottle landed on Momo. "Alright, Momo, truth or dare?" 

"Ah, dare, I'm feeling bold tonight," she giggled and Mina hit her arm laughing too. 'cute' 

"Perfect, give us your iest dance now, go." Momo got up really excited and everyone cheered for her too. 

"Wait, wait, let me put on a song," Sana helped Momo, "kill'em Momoring." She just used her phone to put on a really sensual song and Momo got to the middle of the circle, Chaeyoung had already seen her dancing with Mina, but this was different, it was really y. All the girls clapped for her and Sana got up to hug her for some reason, they were really hyped. Dahyun who was next to Chaeyoung was completely amazed by the performance. 

"Thank you, thank you, you are all so nice, I love you," Momo said before getting down again, apparently she loved everyone when drunk, she also grabbed the bottle and decided it was her turn to spin it. It landed on Mina and for some reason, Chaeyoung feared for her life. Nayeon looked at her with a devilish grin. 'Oh god, please no' 

"Mina..." Nayeon began. "You've been quiet, truth or dare?" Mina looked at her and seemed to think for a second. 

"Dare," she simply said. 'Nayeon, I love you, please, no, no, no' Chaeyoung was getting anxious.

"Perfect." Nayeon was really into this. "Then I dare you to give Chaeyoungie a " Everyone had previously clapped and cheered at every request, but this time even in their euphoric drunk state, knew that it was a dangerous petition, they remained silenced waiting for Mina's answer. Chaeyoung felt like killing Nayeon. Mina got up slowly with her cup still in her hand. When she started walking towards Chaeyoung, the girls understood that she had accepted the dare, so now cheers and howls were heard. Mina got in front of Chaeyoung. 'She's drunk, she's so drunk, there's no way she's doing it' 

"Up," she commanded Chaeyoung who didn't want to get up, but still complied with the petition almost falling, her balance was awful, she felt weak on the knees. Whatever sounds were being made, she was no longer paying attention, her mind was a mess. When she got up from the floor, Mina pushed her and she fell on the couch behind her. Chaeyoung was losing it, it was all dream, it must be a dream, she was not understanding anything. Mina got really close to her and then turned around. "I think I rather take the shot," she suddenly said for everyone to hear. "She looks like she can't handle it." All the girls laughed and clapped at Mina's words. Chaeyoung was left completely lost, embarrassed, and flushed. She was not sure if killing Mina or Nayeon first. Mina took her shot and went back to her place in the circle. 

"You okay there, Chaeyoungie?" Nayeon asked, everyone was looking at her. Chaeyoung just nodded. ''  Mina was looking at her too, with an innocent smile. 

Other people got dared to do stuff and say truths, but Chaeyoung was too distracted and the bottle had not stopped by her, she couldn't stop thinking about Mina. She was kind of annoyed and humiliated but her heart was still accelerated, maybe Mina had shown her mercy, maybe she actually couldn't have handled it. 'c'mon, Chaeyoung, get it together' It was not until the bottle landed on Dahyun that she reacted a bit, getting back in the game. 

"Dare," her friend answered. This time Jihyo said the dare, Nayeon was looking sleepy, or wasted. Both, probably. 

"I dare you to make out with the hottest girl here," Jihyo smiled. "Only if they accept, though, you know consent and all."  

"Wait you can't choose me!" Nayeon reacted raising her hand. "I'm taken." She turned to keep on hiding her face in Jeongyeon's arm. 

"She said hottest," Tzuyu spat at Nayeon. Everyone laughed. 'Good one, Tzuyu' Chaeyoung made eye contact with her, asking who Dahyun was going to pick, but she just shrugged her shoulders.

Dahyun got up and her eyes traveled around the room, Chaeyoung was not sure if she was actually going to ask someone, it was a bit too much, but everyone was too euphoric and drunk to care, apparently. Then Dahyun started walking and stood in front of Momo. 'oh my god, Dahyunnie, what are you doing?' 

"Wanna make out?" She was looking at Momo, she said it so easily it was impressive, some ooh's were heard. Momo was smiling with a surprised face, she turned to look at Mina for a second, Chaeyoung could see Mina was surprised too, but nothing else. So Momo turned back to Dahyun, drank whatever she had in her cup in a quick movement, and got up grabbing Dahyun's face, they kissed for like five seconds but everyone went wild. It was really strange but fun. Chaeyoung looked at Mina once again, this time she was looking down with a frown on her face. It looked like she was confused, not annoyed or uncomfortable. Then she raised her head and made eye contact with Chaeyoung, who raised her eyebrows trying to ask if she was okay, Mina just gave her a quick smile. 

After that, Jeongyeon, the only reasonable person here, decided it was for the best to end the night. Nayeon was having trouble being awake and Jihyo was practically on the floor. So she explained to everyone that they could use the rooms upstairs, Tzuyu helped too. Chaeyoung went to check on Jihyo and Jeongyeon went with her too, after leaving Nayeon in a safe place, they carried Jihyo to one of the rooms that were not upstairs. 

"I'll take care of her and Nayeon, Chaeyoungie, you go get some sleep, thank you," Jeongyeon explained. 

"Okay, let me know if you need anything, I'll be upstairs," Chaeyoung said turning to leave but then added, "Hey, and happy birthday." 

"Thank you again, I did have a great time today," Jeongyeon smiled at her. Chaeyoung really liked Jeongyeon, "get some sleep now." 

"You too." And she left to go upstairs, she passed many closed rooms looking for Tzuyu and Dahyun, until she saw them inside the room they had previously used to get dressed. The door was open. "Hey," she said. Dahyun was lying with all her extremities extended in one of the two beds of the room. "Is she okay?" 

"She's a bit in shock," Tzuyu answered. "She makes fun of me all the time but now she is like this over a kiss." 

"Well," Chaeyoung objected. "It was really daring of her, I didn't see that coming" 

"Knock knock," Sana's voice echoed in the room, she was by the door, "Tzuyu do you think you can come for a bit?" Tzuyu looked at Chaeyoung. 

"Would you be okay with her?" She asked referring to Dahyun. 

"Yeah, of course," Chaeyoung smiled. "Just go."

Dahyun looked up for a second. "Have fun Tzuyu, life is great!" Chaeyoung and Sana laughed, Tzuyu just got out quickly. 

"Okay, change your clothes or something, we have to sleep," Chaeyoung left out a big breath, she was tired after all. 

"Chaeyoungie I can't." Dahyun sat on the bed. "How was it so easy?" She looked really confused and happy it was weird. 

"Dahyun you were drunk, well you still are and Momo too." 

"Still, it was so easy, I just asked." She took a time to think."I should go look for her." She got up. 

"Dahyun, no, why would you do that?" 

"Because it was so easy, I have to go look for her and ask again, I just know it." 

"Look, I don't think that's a good idea." 

"I'll just go, I have to get her number or something." She passed Chaeyoung going through the door. Chaeyoung sighed, it's not like she could've stopped her and she was not in the mood to keep treating with drunk people. She just a lamp that was in one of the nightstands and turned off the lights of the room. She looked for her bag that was supposed to be there and changed into some more comfortable clothes then she went to the bathroom to remove all her make up and wash up. After all that she got in one of the beds, she wondered how was everyone else doing, she doubted anyone, besides Jihyo and Nayeon, were actually sleeping. The other girls seemed to still have a lot of energy. Either way, she didn't and she didn't want to think about all the things that were bothering her at the back of her mind, so she tried to sleep. 

It was mostly quiet, but she could hear some laughing in the distance. 'they're such a mess' Time passed and she was barely awake now, she felt some noise and then a thud really close, she opened her eyes a bit but couldn't see anything, so she closed them again until she felt weight on the bed. 

"Tzuyu are you back?" She groaned. "Use the other bed." But no one answered, so she opened her eyes again, Mina was right next to her, she had her face cleaned now but her clothes were the same. "Mina, what are you doing here, go to sleep."

"I'm trying," she answered. She was noticeably drunk. 

"Why are you not in your own room?"

"I have attachments issues," she explained holding Chaeyoung and putting her head on her chest. "I've gotten used to sleeping next to you."

"That makes no sense," Chaeyoung laughed at her, drunk Mina apparently was funny. And in a way she liked having Mina in her arms, so she held her. 

"Besides, I was alone, your friend took my friend," Mina giggled. 

"Dahyun?" Chaeyoung questioned. "Are you okay with the whole kissing thing?"

"Momo is a grown-up, she can take care of herself."

 "No, I meant...Okay never mind, just sleep, okay?" 

"I can't," Mina pouted. 

"Don't pout," Chaeyoung sighed. "Why can't you?"

Mina giggled once again. "Because I don't want to." She moved her head up, her face was now awfully close to Chaeyoung's neck. Her breath made Chaeyoung move a little, she was not expecting that much proximity, it made her feel funny. 

"Mina, move," she tried to get away. 

"Why?" Mina asked not moving a bit. Chaeyoung tried to move her head, but it made it worse. 

"It tickles," Chaeyoung tried to explain. "Move." But Mina laughed and got even closer, her lips were touching the skin in Chaeyoung's neck.

"No," she said and left a small kiss on her neck. Chaeyoung was not ready for that either, it was too much, she felt warmth all over her body but she knew it was wrong.

"Mina you're drunk, stop it."

"I know," Mina answered leaving another kiss. The truth is Chaeyoung liked it, she liked it so much, but it was not real, Mina was drunk and she wouldn't remember a thing. 

"Why are you doing this?"

"'Cause I like it," Mina answered like it was super obvious and she left another kiss, and another. Chaeyoung was losing it, for a moment she felt like just letting her, but she couldn't do that. So she moved her hand, covering Mina's mouth.

"You don't know what you're saying," Chaeyoung sighed. "Stop it." Mina laughed and kissed Chaeyoung's hand that was in , so Chaeyoung put it away. 

"But I need to know," Mina said. 

"Know what?"

"Know why. Look." She grabbed Chaeyoung's hand and move it to her chest. Chaeyoung was feeling more and more nervous. "See, it's too fast."

"Why?" 

"You make me nervous." 

"Why?" Chaeyoung didn't feel like talking much, she knew Mina was just drunk speaking but she needed to know what was she thinking. Her own heart was going fast too. Having felt Mina's heart made her more anxious.

"When I'm close to you," Mina answered when and not why. Chaeyoung noticed how Mina's voice was not as clear as it was before. "I told you I needed to know why." 

"Do it sober."

"I can't do it sober, I'm not brave enough."

"I can't help you know why, then." 

"But you always help me, you make me see things clearly." Mina was speaking quietly now. 

"I can't help you with this, you have to figure that out." 

"Then let me kiss you." She tried to get to Chaeyoung's neck again but this time Chaeyoung moved faster, getting out of the bed. 

"You're drunk," Chaeyoung insisted, probably as a reminder for herself too. "Please, Mina." But Mina didn't answer, she looked like she was sleeping. Chaeyoung was not going to sleep there, so she just left. Her heart was still accelerated, she wanted to run, she was mad. But most of all she was sad. Mina was just playing with her. Mina was confused and drunk and she was just playing with Chaeyoung's feelings. 'She's not going to remember a thing' Chaeyoung kept thinking that, Mina was not going to remember anything and Chaeyoung was not going to be brave enough to ask her.

Chaeyoung was not okay.