Left and right.

Dare to Love Her

Chaeyoung was completely dumbfounded. she had no idea what had just happened and she had no idea how to fix it. hell, it wasn't even her fault.

"She didn't even say her name."

Without knowing what to do about it, Chaeyoung just decided to wait and see how things will develop. She knew someone was moving into her room one of these days, she just didn't know exactly when.

Earlier that day, Chaeyoung had been fixing some schedule problems she had for the new semester. She was able to fix them all and everything seemed to fit perfectly for the start of her course, so she went to her room to rest a bit before her plans for the evening. She had no idea that was going to happen like it did.

She looked around the room searching for the startled girl's belongings, and she found her bags in the other bed. 'she seems like an organized girl, it'll be good to have things clean and neat around here' that was the only thing she could think positively, for now, her old roommate was a mess. Chaeyoung didn't want to think about the outburst of her new roommate, it was kinda sad and also... embarrassing to remember what she had to do to prove her wrong. she didn't know what got into her, she was just pissed. there was nothing she could do about it now, so.

She looked for her phone and saw the time

3:16 pm

It was still early, she had made plans at 6 pm, she was meeting her best friend, Nayeon, they hadn't been able to hang out sooner and she really missed her. Chaeyoung kinda wanted to talk to someone about what had just happened so she texted her.

to nayeon💙3:20pm
hey.

She waited for an answer just for a few minutes.

from nayeon💙 3:24pm
hey, what's up?

to nayeon💙3:24pm
r u busy? can we hang out sooner?

from nayeon💙3:24pm
how much sooner?

to nayeon💙3:25pm
like
now

from nayeon💙3:25
you really miss me.
OK you can come to my room I'll wait.
but take your time.

Chaeyoung didn't bother to reply

Due to the final exams from the previous semester and family stuff, a month had passed since she last saw Nayeon. Nayeon is older than Chaeyoung, but they get along pretty well, no one understands Chaeyoung as Nayeon does, they'd been friends for years now and they've become each other's safe space, so it was only natural for Chaeyoung to go to her now. She wasn't feeling sad nor was she feeling angry, she just needed to talk about it because, well, it was kinda bothering her and Nayeon had the power to make her smile.

She grabbed her keys and looked around the room leaving a big breath before exiting through the door. Nayeon's room was in the other building so she had to walk a bit, it will help to clear her mind. Walking stepping on the fallen leaves she made her way to the other dorm.

She loved autumn. She loved every season, though. all of them had their own unique way of beauty and Chaeyoungreally appreciates beauty in all. That was one of the reasons why she was studying arts, she really enjoyed capturing all those moments in canvasses and leaving her own significant mark in them. This campus was a pretty okay source of inspiration, it was not that big but big enough and had old structures but well maintained, it had a unique style that Chaeyoung found quite attractive, even though these last weeks she had been trying to draw people. Drawing people wasn't her strongest side so she had been trying, but it wasn't an easy task. Chaeyoung enjoyed painting landscapes and abstract things, even creating her own characters and magical lands. Maybe she'll ask Nayeon to pose for her someday. Nayeon could turn out to be a pretty portrait as she was indeed beautiful. There are not enough words to describe her beauty and the fact that she is aware of her looks, makes her even more gorgeous.

After some minutes, Chaeyoung was at the door of her friend's room, now more relaxed and excited to see Nayeon.

Before she could knock, the door opened and someone with messy hair quickly came out not noticing Chaeyoung and bumping with her shoulder.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't notice you there."

Chaeyoung looked up and realized who was talking to her, "Jeongyeon, hi."

"Chaeyoung," she said kinda surprised. "Right, yes, uhm..."

"Are you okay?"

Jeongyeon looked behind the door trying to find Nayeon maybe. "Yeah, yes. I was just going, so you can uhm..." She hesitated.

At that moment Nayeon came to the door for Jeongyeon's rescue. "Just go, you silly girl, I have plans with Chaeyoung, hurry." She pat her shoulder and Jeongyeon smiled at Chaeyoung before finally leaving.

There was an awkward silence.

Chaeyoung decided to end it but suddenly Nayeon embraced her with the strongest hug ever. "Oh, how I missed you Chaengie!"

Chaeyoung immediately smiled. "I missed you too, now let go of me." She had to act tough.

"Oh, c'mon, you love this." she let go of her and they entered her room closing the door behind.

"Not as much as you love hanging out with Jeongyeon." Chaeyoung decided to .

Nayeon didn't even react. "Well, maybe."

"Oh." that answered surprised Chaeyoung.

Nayeon and Jeongyeon met about two years ago here on campus. They are friends. But is much more complicated than that. You see, sometimes, it's hard for people to just do what they really want. And Nayeon, the best advice giver in the world, didn't know how to follow her own words. Everything around Jeongyeon always seemed like the most complicated thing ever and easy at the same time. Chaeyoung was convinced they were soulmates but her friend was just too stubborn.

They hadn't confessed their feelings for each other, that Chaeyoung knew, but now having seen messy hair Jeongyeon she wasn't sure where they stand at the moment. She also knew it was a difficult subject for Nayeon so she couldn't just ask, she had to wait for her to tell her what was happening. And so she did. Kinda.

"Yeah, exactly, " Nayeon started, "I didn't know you were gonna come early so I was hanging out with her, and then you messaged me so I kicked her out, " Nayeon smiled proudly.

"As if, you wouldn't do that to her."

"You'll be surprised."

"So, are you-"

"Okay, yes, we kissed, no. She kissed me, or maybe I kissed her or-"

"Woah, calm down, nervous Nayeon is not as nice as witty Nayeon."

Nayeon took a deep breath and let go, "Why is it so hard, Chaengie?" 

The question broke Chaeyoung's heart. She knew her friend's feelings were too pure and fragile and they had to be taken care of the right way, she was sure Jeongyeon could do just that but it was hard for Nayeon to fully trust her. Chaeyoung had come here to look for comfort but apparently, she was going to be the one giving it, at least for today.

"Hey, it's okay. You liked it didn't you?"

"Yeah, maybe too much."

"See, okay, then that's it." Chaeyoung put a hand on her friend's shoulder. "You don't have to overthink it, just... trust yourself."

Nayeon looked at her friend. "You've become wise, haven't you?" She joked. "Bet you learned that from me." The small trace of worry or sadness shown in Nayeon's face seconds ago, vanished, she was quick like that when it came to showing her feelings.

"So, when is the wedding?" Chaeyoung knew joking about it was the best for Nayeon right now.

"Oh, shut up," she answered back. After a few seconds, she added, "you're not even invited"

And so they laughed together and joke about it until they both felt better. Chaeyoung decided not to tell anything about her new roommate, who knows, maybe things will get better and it was just a big misunderstanding. So she hoped to fix everything later that night. Right now all that matter was that she finally got to see Nayeon again and that she was finally openly acknowledging her feelings, or maybe trying. She wished good luck to Jeongyeon.

Whatever plans they had were now gone, they had stayed in Nayeon's room eating snacks and watching Netflix until the sun set. It was now 8 pm and Chaeyoung decided it was time to face her worries and leave.

They said goodbye to each other and agreed to meet for lunch sometime soon.

Chaeyoung now stood outside her own room, she didn't know if someone was inside and was hesitant to find out but she needed to do it sooner or later and it was her room first after all. So she opened it without knocking and just made her way to her bed and threw her things on it.

To her surprise, her roommate was indeed inside, she was sitting by the desk and seemed to be purposely ignoring her presence.

Chaeyoung looked at her for a while and then at her things, she had organized all of them, so she guessed she was staying. Changes of roommates were hard to get. Lost for words she just stood there.

Finally, she gathered the courage to speak, "Would you tell me your name?" 

The girl looked at her and then sighed, "Mina."

"Only Mina?"

"Yes, only Mina."

'Okay, so, Mina, that's a nice name for such a bad attitude' Chaeyoung thought.

"Look, I'm sorry if I scared you, but you shouldn't have don-"  Chaeyoung seemed to be getting interrupted a lot this day. Mina stood up suddenly shutting Chaeyoung, grabbed a red tape from her bag, and started sticking it to the floor, Chaeyoung just watched attentively.

She put it on the floor, like a division, leaving the room with two sides.

"I can't change rooms again, so this will do, you'll stay at your side and I'll stay at this side, left and right, " Mina said. Her voice was soft in a way but firm.

"What about the desk?"

Mina realized there was only one desk. "You'll figure it out."

'I guess there's no worth fighting her' So Chaeyoung agreed, "okay, and all of this is because I don't dress girly enough?"

"I don't care how you dress or not" Mina stated. "I just don't want to get mixed up with you."

"What's wrong with me?"

"Oh, you know, your kind. Deviant."

"Look, I don't know what you're talking about and I'm pretty sure you're insulting me but I'm tired so I'll just ignore it for tonight, but now tell me," Chaeyoung came closer to the red tape on the floor almost crossing the line, "how will I use the bathroom?"

Mina followed the line and realized the bathroom was on her side. acknowledging the problem she just said, "You can go over it," She faked a smile. "Just for the bathroom."

'How kind' Chaeyoung thought. "Fair enough, " she said last before going to sleep.