Delusional

Dare to Love Her

Chaeyoung had a funny dream, she was in a dark room which was very scary, she hated the dark, there was something in it that made her feel insecure as if everything was empty around as if she was trapped in loneliness since she was a kid she had hated it and as much as it pains her to admit, she had no got over that. She has learned to control the fear a bit, but with a storm and no light, it was all being a nightmare, except for one thing. 

Mina. 

That's why it was all a dream, it could not be real. She had been terrified of the dark and the storm, that's why she wanted it to be over, but she had also been terrified of holding Mina's hand and she hadn't wanted that to be over. Those were two different kinds of fear. One she couldn't control and it was awful to go through, the other one she couldn't control but it was all she wanted. But it wasn't real, it couldn't be real. 

When Chaeyoung felt light, slowly opening her eyes, she saw how her room looked different from the perspective she was in, and then she felt Mina's shampoo taking over all her senses. 'it's not real' Chaeyoung could not stop repeating that sentence over and over, she was not accepting that she had woken up to a snuggled up Mina surrounding her with her arms on her stomach and her head on her chest. 'it's not real' She felt dizzy, she needed to get out of Mina's hold, the girl would wake up with the racing heart under her head. Last night Chaeyoung couldn't stop thinking about everything Mina related, but especially, Mina's weirdly questionable actions that even though Chaeyoung had been telling herself are nothing but pure innocent acts of friendship were now taking another form. She was sure, it couldn't be all in her head, could it? she was not that blind, not like Mina. Last night she had let herself believe, just for a moment, that everything Mina did was not just because and it had been enough to mess with her mind, so right now she needed to let go of those thoughts, she needed Mina to go away. 'it's not real'

It was Saturday, she had no excuse to get up quickly and go to classes. But she could not stay there any longer, it was all too much, so she tried to move, but Mina held on tighter. 'see, clingy' she smiled 'wait that means she's awake' If she had not let her move it meant Mina was awake, how could she be awake and not have a problem with holding her like that, it was something confused Chaeyoung could not understand. 'Maybe she's just comfortable, I can be a pretty decent pillow'  But why hadn't Mina said anything, 'Maybe she wants me here' Chaeyoung wishful thinking was back 'Maybe she's cold' That could be a pretty decent reason, suddenly she felt she needed to Mina's hair. 'It just smells so good, she likes to play with my hair, it would be only fair if I get to do the same, right?' She was about to do it when Mina spoke in a hoarse morning voice. 

"Morning." 'wow, okay, cool' Chaeyoung usually more like always, found it that Mina was really cute and adorable, the girl was always pouting and making meaningless tantrums or demanding things from Chaeyoung. She liked that. She cared for Mina, as in she wanted the girl to be okay and as in she wanted to hold her forever. But right now, she felt something different. Mina had made her nervous before, many times, feeling like she was floating, feeling nice, innocently, and unknowingly feeling for her. Right now, though, she felt another kind of nervousness, Mina's voice was y. Chaeyoung really needed to get out of there. 

She cleared before answering. "Hey." 'well done, Chaeyoung, keep your cool'

"I was trying to sleep you know," Mina said out of nowhere with a mocking tone. 

"Uh, okay? why couldn't you?" 'you're the one that did not let go'

"You were being too loud." Mina then added, "Well you still are." 

"What? I was not speaking." 'she's always complaining about nonsense I swear I-' 

"Your heart is." ', why would she say that' Chaeyoung did not like Mina playing like that, because the girl had no idea how those things affected her, it was not fair. Completely embarrassed she tried to move but Mina stopped her again. 

"Let me go." 

"No."

"Why?"

"I want to sleep."

"Okay. Do it without me, I have to go."

"You don't have classes."

"I have a life."

"You don't," Mina answered back and Chaeyoung kept quiet, 'who does she think she is, she can't just expect me to stay, what's the point I-' But Mina spoke again, "Just stay." 

'Well if she says it so nicely like that...' So Chaeyoung stayed because she was weak. 'but why would she want me here' She needed to ask Mina, but she knew she wouldn't get an answer, Mina never knew why, it was annoying and only Chaeyoung was going to end up hurt. 'she's just messing with my mind, it's not real' 

But Chaeyoung was enjoying it all too much. Her mind was completely filled with insecurity and doubt, but she was loving Mina's smell, Mina's hair, Mina's hold, Mina's voice. 'You're whipped, Chaeyoung' 

Even if it was all in her head, she couldn't fight it forever, and if Mina was going to be this clingy, she was not going to resist it, so she did not say anything, just moved her hand to Mina's hair and started playing with it just like Mina did with hers. After some minutes Mina broke the silence. 

"Do you really need to leave?" 

"Don't you?" 'please go'

"No." 'alright then'

More silence. Chaeyoung didn't feel like talking, what could she said? 'Hey Mina, yeah, I think you should stop this, I don't know if you can tell but everything you're doing is making me feel things for you I'm not supposed to feel, thank you' Or something like 'Yeah, thank you for calming me down last night, but you can stop know, it's not dark anymore, I know you don't actually want me here, right? It wouldn't make sense, I'm delusional'  Yeah, Chaeyoung was not making sense. 

"Should we stay here today?" Mina talked again softly. 

"What do you mean?"

"We can order food, and play video games, and sleep," Mina explained, she sounded excited. 

"Why?"

"Don't you want to?" Mina moved her head up to look at Chaeyoung. 'why is she so cute in the most random moments, ugh' Chaeyoung tried to move again, this time Mina did not stop her. 'finally, thank you'

"Okay, but why?" Chaeyoung knew she was pressuring her but she couldn't keep feeling delusional, she needed to make sense of it all. 

Mina sat up in the bed. "It'll be fun," she smiled at Chaeyoung. "Is just a lazy day, don't you like those?" 

"I do it's just..." Chaeyoung was doubting again, she had been giving it too much thought, Mina just wanted to stay inside, there was nothing wrong or implicit in that. Nothing non-platonic. "Okay, let's." 

"Great," Mina clapped. She reached for her phone. "What do you want for breakfast? Well, it's late, more like lunch." 

"Anything would be fine." Chaeyoung was not thinking clearly, she was staring at Mina, she had never looked at her like this. Mina usually left early in the morning, or she would be already dressed up by the time Chaeyoung would wake up, but she had never seen Mina so real like this, her face was beautiful as always, but there was something different in her expression, Mina was relaxed. Her pajamas looked so cute on her too and her hair was a bit messy, it was a sight Chaeyoung had never experienced before, but that she wanted to keep experiencing every morning. Today she had had to encounter too many feelings and emotions, from wanting to run to wanting nothing but Mina, from feeling in denial to feeling delusional, it was all being too much, so she stopped staring and decided to get up. 

She wanted her phone, she had no idea where she had left it when it had run out of battery. So she got up to look for it and charge it. Mina was still busy with the food so Chaeyoung took the time to get it together and wash up. She was looking for clothes when Mina called her attention again. 

"Don't put on street clothes, just use another pajama or something," she smiled. "We need to be comfortable." 

Chaeyoung was having a hard time believing she was actually witnessing this kind of Mina. It must be a dream she kept telling herself, the girl was being just too perfect.  So she obeyed and just took a quick shower to put on another pair of pajamas.

"Comfortable enough?" She joked when she returned from the shower. 

"Perfect," Mina stood up, "my turn" She went to the bathroom and Chaeyoung tried to clean up a bit. It was kind of messy. Then she remembered the cake she had bought, the box was abandoned in the hallway. 'Well it's not destroyed' So she put it on her desk, maybe they could share it later. Mina shout from the bathroom to get the food, so she went to the door, Mina bought a lot of things, she left the bags on her chair, she was going to separate the beds and put the table in the middle like always so they could it. When she was pulling from Mina's bed, she heard her coming out of the bathroom. 

"What are you doing?"

"I'm putting everything in place," she explained. "So we can eat." But Mina who was drying her hair with a towel suddenly threw herself in her bed. 

Chaeyoung laughed. "Okay, very helpful, now get out, I'm not that strong." 

"Nope." Mina kept drying her hair. 'God, she looks beautiful' 

"Why?" 

"Just leave it like that, it's more comfortable, we are having a sleepover during the day, we need the space." 

Chaeyoung sighed. "Okay." So she got the table and put it where Mina's bed usually was, setting all the food. "You went crazy here," Chaeyoung commented about the food. 

"Well, I didn't know what you wanted," Mina defended herself. "You weren't helpful." 

"It's fine, come here." And so they ate a little bit of everything, after a while, Chaeyoung got her phone and checked her unread messages. 

From Dahyun 🤍 yesterday at 8:34 pm
I cant believe you just left like that hope you get sick.
kidding

From Dahyun 🤍 10:09 am
ok did you die? 

'What a nice friend' Chaeyoung was going to respond later. 

From Nayeon💙 yesterday at 10:13 pm
Chaeyoungie are u scared? Do you need anything? i can tell Jeong to give you a lamp

'well I saw this a little bit too late but thanks anyway' Nayeon knew about Chaeyoung's fear since they were childhood friends and they had to sleep with the lights on because she used to have it worse as a kid. 

From Nayeon 💙 11:32 am
answer me
well i guess youre busy with your new best friend 🙄
anyway, about jeong birthday party, would you bring her? i heard tzuyu is seeing sana. weird by the way, we need to talk
i invited momo so she might as well just be there. 

'I do need to talk to Nayeon' Chaeyoung had not thought about inviting Mina, wouldn't it be weird? She believed her friends hated her but if Nayeon is asking then it must not be that bad.

"Hey, Mina..." 

"Mhh..." The girl was eating while watching her phone too. 

"Do you like parties?" Mina looked up leaving her phone. 

"Uh, maybe? I don't know it depends, what kind of party?"

"It's just I was wondering if you wanted to go to this birthday party with me." Chaeyoung was a bit nervous but she managed. "I mean, not with me." 'god, Chaeyoung, you ' "I- It's one of my friend's birthday party but it's also Halloween," she could see Mina looking at her really entertain, "Momo would be there and I think Sana too, so maybe you should go," she finally said. At the mention of them, Mina now put a curious face. 

"Why would they be there?"

"Uh, well," Chaeyoung was afraid of Mina reacting weirdly, whenever something involved Sana it was complicated, and then she remembered that the party was for Jeongyeon, who was dating Nayeon, as in you know, girls loving girls, maybe Mina was not okay with going there, Chaeyoung felt it was not a great idea now. "Nayeon is planning this party for uh, well, her- my- "

"Chaeyoung come on you're being weird." 

'well it's your fault' Chaeyoung mentally complained but Mina had a point. 

"Nayeon is planning this party for the girl she is seeing, we are all friends. She invited Momo and Sana apparently is invited too because she's been talking with my other friend, Tzuyu," Chaeyoung spoke a little too fast, "so Nayeon thought that maybe you would like to go too, you know since your friends will be there. And I'm inviting you too." 

Mina looked at her for a moment. "Why was it so hard for you to explain?"

'Isn't it obvious, do I really have to explain that to you now' Chaeyoung sighed. 

"Well, you..." Chaeyoung looked away. "You react a bit when I talk about Sana, and I don't know if you mind that the party is for Nayeon's girlfriend." 'Not that they're official but whatever' 

"Mhh," Mina nodded. "I guess it makes sense." She then got up to put everything in the trash. "I'm sorry" She kept talking while cleaning. "I don't mind and..." She got the table too, making Chaeyoung get up to help, when they finished Mina went to the beds. "I don't want you to be afraid of telling me those kinds of things, I mean, you can talk freely about your friends or you know, you, if you ever like someone." Mina was talking with her head slightly bent to the side as if thinking. "And, the Sana thing, that's... don't worry about that, okay? I just want you to know that you don't have to filter your words." 

"Okay," Chaeyoung simply said. "I'll try." 

"Do you want me to go then?"

"What? Ah, yeah I mean if you want." Chaeyoung sat on the bed too. "It'll be fun, I like dressing up."

"Oh, I need a costume?" Mina smiled at that. 

"If you want, preferably." 

"Ok then I'll go, I like dressing up too, do you have yours ready?"

"Not yet, I'll see something with Nayeon soon, I don't know," Chaeyoung explained. "I'll let you know the details then if you're going."

"Great," Mina said last before getting up to get her laptop. "So, what do you want to see?" She pushed Chaeyoung near the wall so she could sit next to her, mostly using one bed. "We could start a series, that way you don't fall asleep."

"Hey, I don't always fall asleep, it was a one-time thing."

"Right," Mina said and then they spent the last hour trying to find something to watch, at the end, they ended up picking a movie either way.

Chaeyoung was calmer now, there was nothing weird with spending time like this. She was happy, Mina was in a good mood and they were enjoying the movie, but then she started noticing how they weren't at a normal distance and they weren't holding each other, which made it a funny in between, like a magnet, she wanted to get closer, or farther, but they were there almost touching and it was making Chaeyoung feel funny once again.

'just don't think about that, there's nothing to think about'

So she tried to keep on watching the movie, this time she was actually paying attention. But Mina decided that it was a good idea to grab Chaeyoung's hand. She was not holding it or intertwining their fingers, she just took it and was playing with Chaeyoung's fingers one by one, so Chaeyoung turned a bit to look at Mina but the girl was completely immersed in the movie, so Chaeyoung got to the conclusion that Mina was acting out of habit. 'well that's okay, she just likes to hold things apparently' Mina did not seem to notice how Chaeyoung moved uncomfortably on her position, she was really focused on the movie, but she kept playing with Chaeyoung's fingers, with her both hands, with slow movements, just going all over them.

'Cool cool cool cool' Chaeyoung was not fine. 'That's okay, that's nothing' But she was becoming too nervous again. She couldn't keep standing Mina's meaningless actions, so she removed her hand slowly. Mina did not seem to notice she just kept on watching the movie. That made it clear to Chaeyoung's mind once again that she was just delusional, there was nothing behind Mina's actions, she was the one mixing things.

When the movie ended, they spent some time just talking and joking around, later Mina wanted to play for a bit so they did that too, and when it was dinner time they ordered more food and also ate Chaeyoung's forgiveness cake that was not as tasty as it would have been yesterday. Soon enough it was time to sleep so Chaeyoung tried once again to separate the two beds.

"Just leave it."

"It looks messy."

"Then let's make it pretty," Mina stated, moving closer to help Chaeyoung move the beds, but not to their original place, they accommodated the whole room differently. Their desks were now on one side of the room by the wall, and the beds were with the headboards by the other wall. Their nightstands next to each part of the bed respectively. It looked nice so Chaeyoung was okay but it still seemed weird to sleep like that.

"It looks way better now," Mina clapped happily, "I like the space."

"It does, but you must sleep at your own side of the bed," Chaeyoung frowned at her. "No more clingy Mina."

"I'm not clingy," Mina protested.

"You were just playing with my hands just because." Chaeyoung took the opportunity to get an answer.

"When?" Mina looked confused.

"Don't play like that." Chaeyoung was not believing Mina's act. "You were."

"I..." Mina looked everywhere as if thinking about it. "I'm sorry I really don't remember."

"Wow, okay, whatever just stay at your side."

"Of course," Mina smiled. After a couple of hours, they finally went to bed, as promised Mina stayed in her own space and Chaeyoung was grateful. That gave her the time to reflect on today's activities. The morning had been a mess, clingy Mina was in full mode, then at lunch, it was better and during the afternoon they just mostly were busy doing things so she had not much time to let her mind wander, except for when they were watching the movie, Chaeyoung made a mental note to not watch more movies with Mina, it was too dangerous. After all, everything was on her head, she needed to get over it. She decided to talk about it with Nayeon willingly, that way maybe the girl would get out of her mind these silly thoughts with her crude and honest words. 

It was late, but she was not feeling sleepy yet, unlike Mina who was completely gone. She looked at her for a while, the girl moved a lot and snored a little, it was cute in a way until she started to babble things getting closer to Chaeyoung, who tried to push her. 

"Mina, get out," she tried expecting the girl to understand in her state. Mina just hummed and murmured more stuff. Chaeyoung found it funny, but she did not want the girl to get closer so she kept pushing her. "You're not a cute sleeper." Chaeyoung moved her a little more.

"Mhh..." Mina tried to accommodate her head in Chaeyoung's arm that was pushing her. "Sure."

"Do you hear me?" Chaeyoung was making fun of her now.

"Mhh I-" Mina moved again in her deep sleep. "No." Chaeyoung was silently giggling at the girl, she was not making sense it was adorable.

Either way, she needed to sleep so she tried to set her arm free. "Mina let go." 

Mina babbled more stuff and then added, "Comfy." Chaeyoung sighed and tried again, at this Mina made more noise but none of her sentences were completely understandable. "I do too..." 

"What?" Chaeyoung was intrigued by the conversation of heavy sleeper Mina. "Just let go." She moved her arm but Mina moved too. 'I really need to separate the beds' 

"Mhh no..." Mina babbled, "I do- do too." 

"Mina let go," Chaeyoung tried to push Mina's head this time instead of removing her arm. 

"N-no." 

"Why?" Chaeyoung laughed at herself, it was pointless trying to make a conversation with someone in this state.

Then Mina babbled more stuff  "I... yes do too...fantasies." And in the middle of her nonsense Chaeyoung started to get nervous again. "I like..." 

"What?" But Mina did not respond again, at least not words. 'She couldn't have possibly said that I must be tired, that's it' Chaeyoung was not going to trust her ears. But she was not going to be able to fall asleep either, because deep down she knew what Mina had said and those words were only going to make everything worse because Mina would not remember a thing and Chaeyoung would only feel delusional. 'It's not fair, Mina.'