The Band Name and The Leader

A Tease for A Tease
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s the name of our band again?” Sooyoung asked and three different answers echoed in their club room.

“Seulgi and Friends.”

“JSSS?”

“4/4 Beat.”

Sooyoung exasperatedly sighed.

“Who are you then? Barney?” Sooyoung to Seulgi. Seulgi frowned.

“Did you hiss Joohyun-unnie or did you just call Jesus?” Joohyun reasoned that it’s their first names’ initials, but Sooyoung ignored her.

“And not everything’s about your drumming Seungwannie.” Sooyoung scoffed at Seungwan who jutted her lower lip in sadness at the rejection of her wished band name.

Seulgi leaned to Seungwan beside her to whisper. “I told you she’s mad at your drumming because you forgot about her because of that—AW!” She bends down to caress her shin that Joohyun across her kicked under the table.

Sooyoung ignored their commotion. “We should at least pick something that the four of us have in common or shares interest and liking with.” She suggested, and out of the four suggestions, hers had the most sense.

Seungwan nodded in agreement as she pouted and frowned in thinking, her expression always in exaggeration as she watched the three of them eat the red velvet cake she baked that Sooyoung found on her stead under the table of their seats (yes, Seungwan and Sooyoung’s seats) in the English classroom. “Something about music then? That’s what all of us have in common obviously.”

“That’s too painfully obvious to be a band name.” Seulgi groaned as she chews her cake. “Music Band. Sound of Music. The Music Lovers. Rhythm. Melodicians. Four-tune. The Quar…” Seulgi noticed Sooyoung’s glaring at her suggestions and then watched her motion her hand like a snake in front of her face then closed her fingertips slowly in a motion to shut it. “…tet—"

Sooyoung nodded once when Seulgi shut up. “Try something more unique.”

Seungwan frowned more at the suggestion. “Something we have in common but unique. Huh, that’s a puzzle. We don’t even know each other that…” There’s Sooyoung’s gesture again, but now in front of Seungwan’s face. “…well—”

Seulgi nudged Seungwan. “I told you she’s mad because you kept on insisting that you don’t know her that well—AW!”

Joohyun facepalmed after kicking Seulgi’s shin under the table again. At this rate, they won’t be able to decide on a name. What more if they have to practice and write songs and decide on a lot of things as a band?? Here it comes, her predicted headache.

Joohyun felt her head throbbing as she watched all four of them eat the red velvet cake courtesy of their band’s baker and—oh.

“How about Red Velvet?”

The three looked at her.

“Well, you said something we all have in common, right? Needless to say, we all love this red velvet flavoured cake. And it’s unique, right? And we can incorporate its meaning later on in the genre of our songs, red for catchy and cheerful ones while velvet for its opposite, and maybe both for those genres in between. What do you think?” Joohyun sought three pairs of eyes that’s looking at her utterlessly.

Sooyoung genuinely smiled for the first time that day. “You’ve got potential too, alright.” She said nodding.

“You’re unnie for a reason unnie!” Seungwan raised a thumbs up.

Seulgi reached for her and side-hugged her tightly, placing a playful peck on the top of her head. “That’s my bunny!” She exclaimed proudly.

“YAH YOU’RE SO GROSS SEULGI! AND YOU DIDN’T EVEN BRUSH YOUR TEETH THIS LUNCH!” Joohyun complained as she tried to shove Seulgi away who was still trying to shower more kisses on her head as she laughed.

“Who knows when food might come my way so I cannot deal with that kind of commitment.” Seulgi said in a smug and earned another slap on her face.

“That’s not reason enough to be unhygienic! You can always brush a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter