Rollercoaster

Sorry but I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul was feeling miserable and so was Yongsun.

Both women drowned themselves at work to avoid thinking about their feelings and the results were great for the company.

The Vice President started to schedule meetings with new clients anywhere far from Kim Corp and she would avoid attending the company meetings as much as she could.

Two months passed since the economist told her to leave her alone. So the blonde tried her best not to bother her ex-lover.

Wheein and Hyejin felt so bad for the head of marketing that they invited her to some parties.

Not wanting to offend the younger friends, Moonbyul accepted. However, she just spent some time in the place and would go home without drinking or flirting back with any of the beautiful women who tried to get her number.

The couple still had lunch with the President every now and then and they casually commented that Moonbyul wasn't open to dating anyone. Yongsun pretended she didn't listen though.

The brunette thought that she was finally recovering from her ex's return and that life could go on naturally despite the other woman's constant shadow in the company.

However, Yongsun realized that Moonbyul's essence continued stuck in her whole being.

Every little thing reminded her of the younger woman and sometimes she would wake up holding a shirt that belonged to the blonde despite not remembering grabbing it in the closet.

That made Yongsun's situation even harder when a huge client contacted her that week saying he wanted to meet her and the vice president for a business dinner in Boston.

Although the economist tried to argue that it was hard to take both of them from the city at the same time, the investor kept his foot down and the brunette gave in.

The older one asked the secretary to take care of the plane tickets and inform Moonbyul about their business appointment for the following Friday.

Despite being surprised, the head of marketing dealt with that information very calmly and organized her luggage once she arrived home.

The handsome one did several things to keep her mind busy because she didn't want to continue suffering while thinking about things that wouldn't happen.

The following day was slow and stressful for the head of marketing.

Moonbyul worked hard to see if the hours would go by at a faster pace.

Leaving the company after 5, the blonde dropped at the gym and worked out for 4 hours nonstop until the instructor forced her to go home.

The businesswoman called Tomi and talked to the Malaysian about shallow things just to share some laughter 

Moonbyul decided not to bring Yongsun to their talk because she knew exactly what her friend was going to say.

The older one bragged about her twins and made the executive listen to the kids babbling before they ended their call.

It was not even midnight when the Vice President went to bed and forced herself to sleep.

The handsome woman had a terrible night, filled with weird dreams, and woke up several times.

Not even her most expensive makeup was able to hide her exhaustion in the morning

Moonbyul and Yongsun bumped into each other before lunch because there was a board meeting. Nonetheless, they just exchanged a bow and avoided speaking more than necessary.

Their flight to Boston was scheduled for 5 pm and Yongsun's secretary made a hotel reservation so that the duo could shower before dinner and have a night of sleep before getting back to New York the following day.

Both women still had several appointments after lunch and finally headed to the airport at 4.

Moonbyul had thought of inviting Yongsun to share a cab but she gave up since the answer was obvious.

They saw each other in the check-in line and the brunette pretended she didn't know her former girlfriend.

Suddenly a lot of announcements started to pop up because lots of flights were being delayed or canceled due to heavy snow.

The president cursed and sat on a bench with frustration all over her face.

Trying  to be helpful, the blonde got closer and suggested:

_____ You could contact the client, tell him what is going on, and ask if we may postpone it to tomorrow.

______ We can't be sure that the flights will be okay by tomorrow._____ The brunette mumbled.

______ I rent a car and we drive. It will take us at least five hours to get to Boston. This is why is better to postpone it. 

Yongsun was having an inner battle because the last thing she wanted was to be stuck with her ex on a car trip. However, losing such a big client was not an option.

After several minutes, the 32-year-old decided to accept the executive's suggestion.

The brunette spoke to the client and he was thankful that the two women were willing to go through so much for him.

______ Okay. Let's get this car before everyone in the airport decides to do the same.______ The stunning brunette declared dryly.

_____ x _____

The drive was awkward and silent because the black-haired one projected her back towards the younger one and kept staring out of the window.

Moonbyul started to feel her left foot numb but she was trying her best not to bother Yongsun.

They had covered 60% of their journey when the engine suddenly stopped working.

_____ No way! No! Don't tell me...______ The economist left the car as soon as Moonbyul parked it out of the road.

Sighing loudly, the blonde looked around with a desperate expression.

_____ I doubt we're gonna find a mechanic shop nearby. But I saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter