Cat and mouse

Sorry but I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seo-Hyung and Tomi got back from their trip and were excited about their friend's return.

The couple really wanted to invite Moonbyul over but then, they got a shocking surprise.

Tomi's parents decided to come to New York to meet their grandchildren and that was the first time that Seo-Hyung would face her mother-in-law, a woman who was very verbal about not liking her.

So when Yongsun called asking if Moonbyul was coming to stay, her aunt had no answer for her.

The 50-year-old woman felt the stress in her niece's voice, which was unexpected because the little Kim had moved on four months after Mrs. Moon's death and dated several people.

_____ Honey, I promise that we'll talk later. Unfortunately, I'm in a complicated moment right now. A Malaysian mother with some Chinese and Korean DNA is in my living room judging everything with her eyes.

______ Oh, damn...So Tomi's mom, huh?

______ Tomi's parents. But Richard is the easy-going type. Thank God._____ The chic woman whispered.

______ Okay, you should go and seduce them with your nice conversation. Good luck, aunt Seo._____ The economist laughed and ended the call.

Tomi saw her wife's face filled with concern and discreetly murmured near her ear:

______ What is it? Please tell me you're not thinking of work. Not when my mother is right here, torturing me with mind games.

______ Of course not. I was talking to Yong. I think she may have not overcome Byul.

______ What made you come to this conclusion? The fact that she is dating not only someone called Karen but an actual Karen? Please, babe...Of course, they have unfinished business. No matter that Byul broke up with her. A real talk should happen.

______ Tomi.____ They heard Luna calling her daughter with a serious expression.

Signing deeply, the Malaysian mouthed:

"Help me".

Then she turned around and faked a smile.

_____ Yes, mom?

The chic CEO also smiled and sat in front of her father-in-law.

Seo-Hyung started praising Hana and Mia, which was enough to fall into the male's grace.

Meanwhile, Tomi had to listen to her mother criticizing the way she was raising the twins and she was trying really hard not to lose her mind.

The older woman didn't like that her mother-in-law was already crossing all the possible lines and excused herself while asking her wife to meet her in the kitchen.

Seo-Hyung pressured Tomi to confront her mother once and for all but the younger one got angry.

They had an ugly argument and got back to the guest while not faking so well which type of emotions they were feeling.

_____ x _____

Yongsun meditated before going to the company because she knew that the vice president was going to ruin her day again.

The brunette bumped into her girlfriend at the entrance and she apologized for being rude to her.

However, young Kim made sure that Karen understood that she had no right to interfere in her professional issues.

Despite feeling upset, the American said she would be professional and the president sighed with relief.

Everything was okay until the stunning black-haired one received an email confirming the canceling of a project she had approved a few days before.

Furious, Yongsun called the client and found out that Moonbyul was responsible for that.

_____ THAT !_____ The 32-year-old slammed the office door and marched to the vice president's room.

The charming blonde was reading something on the laptop and was taken aback by the economist, who threw most of her things on the floor.

Sighing deeply, Moonbyul leaned her body on the chair and placed her hands behind her head.

______ Good morning to you too, president.

______ You did it on purpose, didnt you?_____ The brunette gritted her teeth.

______ Yes.______Moonbyul admitted with embarrassment on her face.

______ What do you want? Ruin my life completely? Why?

Yongsun's anger turned into frustration and she hit the desk.

Shaking her head, the blond confessed:

______ Look, I'm sorry. I came here for business. I should've warned that I was coming. You probably got shocked by my sudden presence at the meeting. But I didn't expect that someone like you would use your position to get back at me for something unrelated to work. And you used your president card in front of your girlfriend, someone that shouldn't be part of that conversation. So yeah, I got angry and behaved like a child too.

Laughing sarcastically, Yongsun replied:

______ All your apologies are a joke. This one is even worse than that stupid letter you sent me. I wondered when you would be a woman and speak directly to my face.

______ St

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter