Miserable

Sorry but I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IMoonbyul fell asleep on Yongsun's bed after a hot encounter.

The executive woke up in the middle of the night with an annoying buzz coming from a distance.

She was a light sleeper and her phone vibrated on the nightstand, which was enough to disturb her rest.

Checking the device, the handsome young woman panicked and glanced at her girlfriend to make sure that the brunette hadn't woken.

Thinking fast, Moonbyul remembered that all apartments in her building had similar balconies. So she sneaked out of the room after putting on Yongsun's robe.

The phone stopped vibrating and the head of marketing felt a mix of concern and relief.

While deciding whether she would call back or not, Moonbyul saw that the phone was buzzing again and she quickly picked it up after sitting on a chair outside.

______ Did I wake you up?_____ The mother asked with her deep and smoky voice.

_____ Don't worry, mom. I wake up because of any minimal sound. Not your fault. But what happened? You never called me at this hour._____ The vice president was scared.

The older lady had her forehead frowned and she seemed to be choosing the right words.

_____ It's your father. I've been trying to keep the problems out of your life but...

______ What happened to appa?______ Moonbyul started to tremble.

_____ He doesn't know but he's very sick. 

_____ What are you saying, omma? How can he be sick and not know?

_____ I lied to him. To make sure the results of the exams were not wrong, I kept saying I didn't like the doctor. Of course, I convinced him to join me in other clinics. We consulted 3 different doctors. The answer is the same. Your father doesn't have much time. So...I could come to visit if I were you. Before it's too late.

Feeling her heart about to explode, the executive took a deep breath to calm down and murmured:

_____ Of course, mom. I'm going now. I'm hanging up.

Moonbyul burst into tears the second that she ended the call.

Not wanting to waste time, the charming woman grabbed a notepad in Yongsun's kitchen and left a short message:

"Sorry to leave like this. I'm going to Korea."

She went to her apartment, put some basic items inside her luggage, and got her documents.

After getting dressed, the Vice President called her boss and left a voice message:

" I'm sorry to leave at this moment you have babies and everything is messy. But my family has been left behind for a long time. I can't let them down during a serious crisis. I'll contact you when I arrive in Korea."

Making sure that she didn't forget the passport or her wallet, Moonbyul used an app to call a cab and went to the airport five minutes later.

_____ x _____

After a long and stressful flight, the executive arrived in Seul.

Moonbyul got inside the first cab she saw and gave the driver the proper directions.

Not knowing how she would react when she met her father, the brown-haired one sent her mother a message to inform that she was on her way home.

Due to the heavy traffic, it took her 40 minutes to reach her destination.

Mrs. Moon opened the gate the minute the cab left and the handsome young woman exchanged a sad look with her mother.

______ Where is he, omma?

______ Since the doctors told me there wasn't much to do, I stopped bugging him about every little thing. So he went to that street fair two blocks away. You know how he loves fresh fruits._____ The older lady explained.

Struggling to hold the tears, Moonbyul stepped ahead and hugged her mother.

______ Are you sure that these doctors are good enough, mom? What if they made a mistake? What does appa have?

______ Come inside. Let me show you the exams._____ The older woman pulled her daughter by the hand.

Moonbyul dragged her luggage and took off her shoes right at the main door.

They got into the couple's bedroom and Mrs. Moon vanished for a brief moment.

When she returned, the lady in her 60s handed her firstborn a lot of papers.

______ I wish they were wrong, Byul-Yi. He is the love of my life. But 3 different professionals found the same. It's rare cancer. It grows and spreads silently. Your father never felt any pain related to it. The problem is that this thing grew around his heart. There is no way to take it out. 

_______ And how...how do they know how long he..._____ The head of marketing gulped.

______ They don't. They just know it's advanced. Your father may live for 6 months or...______ Mrs. Moon lowered her head.

Walking around the room, Moonbyul threw the papers on the floor and exclaimed:

______ What do I do with this information, omma? How do I face appa? What can I do for him?______ The charming girl started crying?

The older woman hugged her daughter and caressed her hair.

_______ Maybe there is o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter