Time

Sorry but I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul was lying in bed and her tears had gone dry after mourning her mother for so many months.

Yesol and Seulgi tried to talk to their oldest sister but they could never develop a deep bond since the executive lived in the USA for over a decade.

Mr. Moon went through a hard time too because his wife had been his partner for life and he didnt know what to do to help his daughter overcome depression.

Nonetheless, the old man decided to speak to Moonbyul after postponing it for a long time.

The businesswoman got taken aback when her father slightly knocked on the door and entered the room.

_____ Do you have a minute?

_____ Of course, dad.

_____ I wanna tell you something._____ Mr. Moon sat in her bed.

_____ I'm all ears, appa.

Sighing, the man patted the light-brown-haired young woman and then spoke:

_____ You always took care of this family. It's okay to take care of yourself now. I can handle it. Your sisters too.

_____ I'm sure of it, dad. I can't do it though.

_____ Why? That girl, Yongsun. She seems to be really nice. Don't you have feelings for her?

Blushing, the daughter nodded before saying it:

_____ I love her.

_____ So why aren't you with her?

_____ Because she deserves better. Yong is full of life and she is brave to fight for what she wants. I have always been a coward.

______ Sweetie, I should have realized that your mother was suffocating you. I was the one who failed at being a good parent...You're not a coward.

______ Omma was not a great person but you didnt fail. I'm an adult. I could've fought for myself. But I feel glued to the floor. I don't deserve Yong. And I treated her really badly.

The man pulled his firstborn closer and caressed her hair while she hid her face on his chest.

_____ I disagree that you don't deserve her. People make mistakes. I hope you two can still find the path for each other's hearts.

Moonbyul closed her eyes and decided she could go back to her childhood.

Receiving her father's tenderness calmed her down a little bit 

Later, the executive decided to work a bit and opened her laptop to answer some emails and checked some reports that Seo-Hyung had shared with her.

But Moonbyul couldn't focus because Yongsun's disappointed face kept showing up in her mind.

That was when she decided to write her former lover a letter.

At first, the handsome woman went through an inner battle to find the right words but then she tried just to be truthful to herself and to the person that mattered.

Moonbyul wanted it to be personal and warm. And because of that, she chose the traditional way instead of sending an email or a message.

After long hesitation, she finally put her feelings and thoughts on paper:

''Hello, Yongsun-ah.

Even though you probably neither want nor need my apologies, I'd like to send them to you out of respect and consideration.

There's no excuse for my rude and inconsiderate behavior. I'm sorry I hurt you in every possible way.

Yong, you are an incredible woman and I've learned so much about myself with you. So thank you.

If the time spent together gave me the right to leave a suggestion, please consider this with a light heart. You should become Seo's substitute when the time comes.

You've grown so much in the company and your maturity shows in the way your handle business.

Your aunt is going to need you more than ever now that she must be a present mother.

I'm sure that her dream was always having you in her chair. And you are certainly qualified.

In case this letter really reaches your hand, I'd like to wish you happiness. 

You are the most passionate and brave woman I've ever met and I hope life fulfills all your goals and dreams.

PS: I wasn't talking about . Instead, you helped me to see through all my faults and qualities. I'll cherish your generosity until my last breath.

Yours truly, Byul.'

Rereading her words, the light-brown-haired woman felt pathetic and thought that she failed at expressing herself properly.

Frustrated, Moonbyul threw the letter away and decided to have a shower.

Yesol passed by her unnie's room to pick up the trash and discreetly check if the older girl was fine. But when she heard the shower was on, the young one just collected the trash and left in silence.

Getting down the stairs, the youngest Moon noticed the piece of paper with her sister's handwriting and she thought that Moonbyul had accidentally thrown it away.

After checking it out, the maknae shook her head and hid it in her room until she could go to the post office.

___ x___

The 50-year-old CEO was worried about the twins' health since they were lactose intolerant just like their other mother.

Seo-Hyung tried to work less for a long time but having Moonbyul on the other side of the ocean complicated things immensely.

The chic brunette felt grateful when the vice-president encouraged her to train Yongsun and Seo-Hyung didn't stop insisting until her niece accept the challenge.

The economist realized that she needed to keep her mind busy. So she immersed herself in everything related to Kim Corp and learned more than she imagined wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter