The talk

Sorry but I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul was sitting on the balcony when her phone rang.

The executive saw that her mother was calling and she felt happy 

_____ Hello, mom. I miss you. How is everyone?

The chubby lady with a severe expression looked at her daughter through the video and responded coldly:

_____ If you really missed us, you would come and visit.

_____ Mom, I told you...I have too much responsibility. My job is demanding. I'm building a life that can provide you, daddy, grandpa, grandma, and the girls the best life._____ The Vice President exhaled before explaining.

______ Still...You could have a vacation. 

______ Well, I don't think I can promise that any time soon. My boss is expecting two babies. One of us has to be 100% focused.

_____ This is another thing that you must think about. You're thirty. When will you get married and give me grandchildren?

Making a huge effort not to be rude, the head of marketing mentally counted to ten before saying:

______ I'm a businesswoman, omma. My focus is not the same as people of your generation.

_____ All my friends' children are either married or getting married. Of course, it is a thing for every generation. I didn't raise you to be one of those selfish women who don't build a family.

Sighing deeply, the handsome one nodded and responded :

_____ Okay, mom. Let's not fight.

_____ It's not a fight. But time goes by. Your father and I aren't getting any healthier. Or younger. We've talked about this before. Dozens of times.

_____ Indeed. And you don't seem to understand all I have to go throw for our family._____ The executive sounded hurt.

______ Of course I do. I just want the best for my kids. You are my firstborn. You deserve a nice man to build your family the same way I did.

Moonbyul laughed bitterly but her mother didn't notice the sarcasm.

_____ To be honest, you look different. Are you seeing someone?

Making a huge effort not to overreact, the charming young woman shook her head and asked back:

_____ Mom, where would I find time to see anyone?

_____ Well, since you work so much...He might be in the same company. Or business.

_____ No. There is no he anywhere! I'm just tired. Not different. Or maybe I am different. People mature._____ Moonbyul's tone went a bit high.

Mrs. Moon glared at her oldest daughter and spoke in a hurt way:

_____ Yeah, you've certainly changed. Now you're rude to your mother.

_____ Omma...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.

_____ Well, you still did. We'll talk some other time since you're so tired and busy._____ The lady ended the call.

Speechless, the businesswoman got back inside the apartment and grabbed a drink.

_____ x _____

Tomi had felt sick on several occasions that week. So her wife decided to take her to the doctor and they found some small complications with the babies.

Unable to focus at work, the chic CEO left everything in her best friend's hands.

It was the worst moment to run the company 100% on her own.

There were several new contracts and Moonbyul also had to make decisions about a tsunami of older small problems.

The vice president was on the verge of a breakdown due to her personal conflict regarding her mother, who called again to apologize but just made her feel worse. 

Then the couple who represented her family in New York was facing that delicate situation.

Knowing her boss for a long time, the receptionist tried to avoid that young Kim got in the crossfire but Yongsun didn't understand the girl and entered the blonde's office.

_____ Hi there._____ The brunette waved and smiled.

Waving back, Moonbyul continued reading a document without looking u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter