Conflicts

Sorry but I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

__ Yongsun-ah, I forbid you to go meet that dirty woman!__ Mr. Kim shouted at his daughter.

__ First of all, don't talk about my aunt like that. Second, I'm 29, appa. My life, my rules.__ The brunette put her luggage in the trunk with some difficulty.

__ If you go, there won't be a place for you in this family anymore.__ The older man declared with anger.

Yongsun glanced at her father with a mix of sadness and disappointment.

__ I used to think you were a good man. Now I realize that your radical views are more important than love for the family. I feel bad for omma. 

__ Who are you to speak about love for the family? Someone who is throwing our values in the trash to join that sinner.

The economist sighed deeply and saw her mother crying while observing from the balcony.

She knew the woman would never go against her husband. So it would be hard to keep in touch with the one who brought her to life.

Yongsun kissed her hand and waved to Mrs. Kim while faking a happy smile. Then she got into the car and headed to the airport.

There was no turning back and the only thing she could do was pray that her father didn't mistreat her mother.

The black-haired girl had a friend who worked at the airport and he agreed to take her car and keep it in his house.

Her flight was delayed for a couple of hours but the economist finally flew to New York.

As she had lots of time to kill, Yongsun tried to watch some movies and read a book. However, her mind was too full to focus.

Every time she remembered her mother's face, the sadness would take urns with the excitement to start a new life in a different country after getting reunited with her aunt.

The flight took almost 15 hours to land in JFK and the economist was relaxed because she had informed her aunt about the delay before leaving South Korea.

It was twenty past ten when the economist saw a man holding a plate with her name.

She smiled and declared:

__ Hi. I'm Kim Yongsun.

__ Welcome, ma'am. Ms. Seo-Hyung asked me to drive you to her place as soon as you arrived. Let me help you with your bags.__ The driver was nice and polite.

__ Don't worry, Mr...

__ Just call me Carlos.

__ Don't worry, Carlos. It's easy to push this.

__ Alright, Ms. Kim. Follow me, please.

Yongsun liked the middle-aged man and his accent.

They got stuck in traffic for a while, which gave them the chance to talk and get to know each other.

The brunette found out that Carlos was born in Mexico but his family moved to the U.S.A when he was 10. 

Carlos' father worked hard for two decades to be able to open his own transport company.

The boy learned how to drive while following his uncles and father everywhere.

Ten years before, he was working as a cab driver in his family's business when he met Yongsun's aunt.

The woman offered him a job that had more zeros a month than he would make in a year.

Yongsun liked to hear from a stranger how generous and nice her aunt was.

It was certainly a much better experience than listening to the family being disgustingly homophobic and misogynistic.

It was almost noon when Carlos parked the car in an underground parking lot.

__ Your aunt lives in one of the most expensive areas of the city. The downside is that those kinds of buildings have no parking lot. So they keep this one. But don't worry, Ms. Kim. We just have to cross the street. I'll take your luggage once you are reunited with your family.__ The driver explained with a grin on his face.

__ Thank you, Carlos.

__ x __

Yongsun had a vivid memory of her aunt during her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter