A good match

Sorry but I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The boyish 20-year-old Korean girl had been working at a restaurant/bar for almost 2 years.

It was in Chinatown and the owner was a friend of her father who lived in Korea many years before.

The black-haired waitress tried to help the old many on several occasions.

Moonbyul had a good understanding of administration because her uncle always taught her about it.

Plus, the handsome girl was good at making plans to attract clients and she was always improvising something to decorate the place and wake people's interest in some new dish or drink.

Kim Seo-Hyung, a 39-year-old businesswoman, enjoyed visiting the Chinese neighborhood from time to time despite having the option to go to the Korean area in Manhattan.

The sophisticated lady had been to the same Chinese restaurant several times and the waitress called her attention.

She could understand Mandarin quite well and the girl was not a native. So it was even easier when the brunette told her boss that he was an idiot who would never make real money.

The old man widened his eyes in disbelief and ordered her to get back to the clients.

Seo-Hyung smiled when she read the name tag on the waitress' uniform.

__ Hi, Byul-YI. Good afternoon.

__ Good afternoon, ma'am. Would you like to have your usual dish?

__ Oh, you're good. Do you remember every client's order?

__ I wish. But it's easy when the person is here often.__ The younger girl smiled.

__ Byul-Yi, I'd like to make you a job offer. But it would be unethical if I did this here. Would you accept meeting me someone else in your free time?__ The chic woman didn't beat around the bush.

Surprised, the black-haired girl pointed at herself and questioned:

__ A job offer for me? You must be mistaking me for someone else, ma'am. I'm just a waitress.

Seo-Hyung laughed and clarified:

__ I've noticed your potential. So here is my card. Please think about my invitation. And I'd like to try something new today. Please choose for me.

The black-haired girl picked up the little rectangular card and got back to the kitchen with a puzzled expression.

Moonbyul spoke with the cook and asked him to prepare a light yet delicious meal for the client.

Meanwhile, the owner of the restaurant started picking on the girl because she was not where he told her to stay.

Stressed, the employee quit her job in a moment of craziness and got back to the businesswoman's table.

__ I hope you enjoy your meal, ma'am. Sadly, I won't be able to serve it.

__ Why not?

__ Because I just quit.

__ So it wouldn't be a problem if you joined me for the meal.__ The short-haired lady smiled.

__ I guess you're right, ma'am. Thank you.__ Moonbyul looked around and sat in front of the stunning woman.

Seo-hyung called a waiter and asked him to bring whatever they were preparing for her in a portion of two.

The boy murmured the girl's name and tried to drag her out of the table.

However, the client held her hand and declared:

__ My friend Byul-Yi is a guest. I hope we aren't disturbed.

Bowing, the employee of the restaurant ran back to the kitchen and told his boss everything.

__ Maybe I should just leave. You deserve a peaceful meal, ma'am. __ The black-haired girl started feeling embarrassed with so many eyes on them.

__ Just relax and let me tell you about the job offer I previously mentioned, Byul-Yi.__ The older woman smiled again to comfort her.

__ Miss..?

__ Just call me Seo-Hyung. I'm not the formal type.

__ It's a matter of respect, Ms. Seo-Hyung. Anyway, why would you want to work with a waitress? I haven't even gotten to college yet. Not sure if I will be able to.__ The handsome girl sighed.

The 39-year-old woman explained:

__ I have been building my own empire from zero for almost ten years. I had capital and the help of some friends. Since then, I have tried different areas and the results were mostly okay. But I want more. I am aiming at a bigger ocean. And I could use someone as smart as you. 

__ Ms. Seo-Hyung, you don't know me...

__ I've noticed the things you did to help your boss. More than once. And you seem to have a good vision of administration. Even marketing. 

Moonbyul's expression was filled with surprise:

__ It's quite amazing that a complete stranger was able to understand what my former employer couldn't. No offense...

__ None taking. Anyway, I had this idea. How about you join me at Kim Corp and share your suggestions during the morning and study in the afternoon? Or anyway that fits your agenda.

__ Ma'am...I usually have 2 or 3 part-time jobs. And even with those, I'm still failing at saving up money for college.__ Moonbyul explained almost as if she felt guilty.

__ No, sweetie. You don't understand. You'll work for me. And I'll cover your studies expenses.

Moonbyul's jaw dropped:

__ But this is insane...Ms. Seo-Hyung, I would have to work for 70 years to pay you back...

__ Child, you're getting all wrong. I'm not going to lend you money. I'm going to invest in you, which in fact is more like...an investment for my company. Don't worry. After we eat, I'll give you the details. We have a lot to discuss.__ The 39-year-old woman laughed and sipped her drink.

__ x __

A few months had passed and Moonbyul was studying marketing in the morning and working with Seo-hyung in the afternoon.

The black-haired girl could send some money to her family back in Korea quite often.

The businesswoman didn't regret giving the girl an opportunity because Moonbyul was hardworking and focused.

They shared the same views on many topics regarding business and life.

Seo-Hyung was aware that the younger one was saving up to help the parents. So she started inviting her to have dinner at her place.

At first, Moonbyul got embarrassed and refused the offer politely. But then, the boss said she missed having a family and the girl didn't know how to say no without sounding cruel.

One night, the chic woman was arguing on the phone when the girl knocked at her door.

Seo-hyung made a gesture to send her in and walked towards the balcony.

Moonbyul could hear her boss shouting something in English, then in Korean, and a couple of sentences in Japanese.

Although the employee had zero interest in other people's lives, she couldn't avoid understanding parts of the argument.

The girl tried not to laugh but it was funny to get to know that other side of the chic woman. The side that has cute fights with the partner.

Seo-Hyung finally ended the call and got back to the living room.

__ I'm sorry you had to hear my shouts. That girl drives me crazy sometimes.

__ Girl?__  Moonbyul was surprised.

__ Ah, I forgot I never told you. I'm biual. Although I am way more interested in the feminine figure than the masculine. Is this a problem for you?

The black-haired girl shook her head and smiled:

 __ Of course not, ma'am. Even though I'm heteroual, I have nothing against the LGBT community. I respect people's lives. I think someone gotta be unsure of their uality to feel so bothered.

The sophisticated woman slightly smirked and asked:

__ How old are you again, Byul-Yi?

__ Twenty.

__ Don't feel offended by my words. You are so young to be sure about anything. I am about to turn 40 and don't think I have all the answers yet.

__ No, I get it. I just never wanted to be with a girl. So I think it's safe to say I'm not into them.__ Moonbyul giggled.

__ Of course it's okay that you like any gender. Or even if you have zero interest too. Just don't be shocked if someday you wake up and your heart is beating differently. Never is a very deceiving word. We change, Byul. Throughout life, our beliefs and views may turn in the opposite direction. 

__ So when did you realize you liked girls too?

__ Ah, deep down I knew but I tried to ignore it at first. Then when I was 26, I fell head over heels with an older woman.__ Seo-Hyung's eyes seemed distant.

__ Would you like to change the subject, ma'am? It seems this is hard for you.

__ No, it's okay. I hadn't thou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter