The Epilogue♡

The Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Four months later >>

 

Gargling your mouth for the third time, you sprinkled some water on your face before closing the faucet and stood straight. Your palm went up to your chest, rubbing it softly as you still felt nauseated after vomiting before walking out of the bathroom, to your wardrobe section as you stood infront of the long mirror.

 

Standing in Baekhyun's plain white shirt and shorts with your hair tied in a messy bun since you didn't have any time to brush and while you stared at your pale face. You felt your chest tightened as you recalled what your mom, Mrs Byun and Ria suggested after you told them about your health where you took a deep breath before taking a hold of the kit box in your hand leaving your mind blank.

 

Shrugging off your thoughts, you gulped and instantly walked back to the bathroom with a heavy yet kind of giddy feeling.

 

It's been four months since you and Baekhyun have been married and you both couldn't be happier. Your honeymoon period went for three weeks straight and as much as you both wanted to make it longer, you had to come back since you both had your respective jobs.

 

Some things changed, then some still remained the same as when you both were in a relationship, you had got to know about each other's hobbies and habits but now, as a husband and wife, you both were taking your time to adapt this new relationship with knowing each other's little habits with an interest. 

 

At first, you both had to part your ways and then meet the next day but it wasn't like that anymore. Your days would pass by at your jobs where you would just text each other about anything. Then, your nights would go by sharing about your whole day at dinner or talking about nothing specific, on the couch of your living room and waking up cuddling in the morning.

 

However, these past two days, you have been feeling sick for some reason as you would feel nauseated, dizzy and vomit where Baekhyun would hold your hair up helping you out, even though you have asked him not to, feeling too embarrassed. He got really worried and you just reasoned out that you could have eaten something wrong but that didn't stop him from taking an appointment with a doctor who was his cousin, Somi.

 

Baekhyun had strictly forbidden you to go to work because of your health and he was trying everything to come home as soon as possible from his work. Hence, the ladies had suggested this thing but you haven't talked to Baekhyun about it since you didn't want to get his hopes up if it didn't turn out in your favor and you knew how much he likes children.

 

Walking out of the bathroom, you closed the door behind as you leaned against it while clutching the kit in your hand tightly as you bit your lip anxiously. Taking a deep breath, you peeked over at your hand slowly opening it and a shaky breath left your lips as you saw the result making your heart welled up and you bit your trembling lip before sliding down on the floor.

 

"Oh God...," You mumbled with your lips curving in a smile, leaving a sob behind as the tears of joy streamed down your cheeks.

 

On the other hand, Baekhyun opened the front door walking inside as he called out to you. "Mrs Byun, I'm home!"

 

And that's what he calls you whenever he comes home where you would welcome him home with your smile but today, he couldn't even hear your greeting nor you in the living room. Frowning, he bit his lower lip as a concern rushed into him while his mind was getting weird thoughts since you weren't feeling well.

 

Loosening his tie, he strode towards your shared room while taking off his blazer and as he reached there, he threw it on the bed carelessly while looking around with worried eyes. Then he heard some sniffles causing him to avert his gaze towards the wardrobe section and his heart drop seeing your figure curled in a ball with your face hidden between your knees.

 

He paced up to you, kneeling down infront of you as he held your shoulders. "Hey.. Hey, coffee bean. What happened? Why are you crying? Is it hurting somewhere? Should we go to the doctor now?"

 

You raised your head, showing him your crying messed up face and his heart pounded with anxiety where he instantly cupped your face, wiping your tears. "What's wrong? You're scaring me, Y/n."

 

"I...," You were cut off by a sob and you knew you wouldn't be able to tell him like this and hence, you slowly lifted your hand, showing him the kit in your hand which he took it confusingly. 

 

"What is this- Wait." His eyes widened as words stopped in his mouth before he looked at you shook then back at the kit and then back to you. "Is...this... Is this...really?" 

 

You bit your lip sniffling while nodding slowly and Baekhyun bit his lip, looking down for a moment to adapt the news before looking back at you as his eyes sparkled and a smile crept on his lips. "Are we... Are we having our little bean now? You're not pranking me right? We are going to have our little beans running around here?" 

 

You slightly slapped his arm with a frown. "Do you think I like to cry like a baby? Of course it's true!" 

 

Baekhyun chuckled, caressing your cheek before a horror look formed on his face. "Wait.. Why are you crying then? You don't want to..?" 

 

"What are you saying? Of course I want to! It's just... I just... I don't know!" You exclaimed, whining before bursting out in crying again making him giggle. "Come here." 

 

Taking the back of your head, he pulled you in a hug where your arms circled around his neck and head rested on his shoulder as he rubbed your back soothingly. "Thank you, I'm really happy, Y/n." 

 

Hearing his cracking voice, you pulled away to see his glossy sparkling eyes and a giggle left your lips as you cupped his face wiping the tear from the corner of his eye. "Why are you crying now?" 

 

Baekhyun looked down, smiling while shaking his head as he sniffled, causing you to caress his face as you rested your forehead against his temple for a moment before he looked at you. "I... Just can't express how happy I am right now and I can't believe that we're going to be parents now." 

 

You nodded, smiling as he smiled back, kissing your forehead before engulfing you in another hug. "Come on, let's get up and tell this to everyone."

 

You pulled away nodding before raising your arms a little. "Pick me up."

 

He scoffed with a chuckle. "You're already starting your mood swings."

 

"I don't know!" You exclaimed and he laughed before picking you up in bridal style as he walked towards the bed and placed you gently on the mattress. 

 

“Wait,” He stood straight, looking down at you for a moment with an amused look. “No wonder you have been craving strawberries suddenly when you don't even eat them.” 

 

You stared at him surprised. “Right, it's surprising.” 

 

He laughed and kneeled down infront of you, reaching out to place his palm over your stomach it with his thumb as a smile crept on his lips and leaned in. "Our little bean, Appa can't wait for you to come."

 

You smiled, staring at him with your glossy eyes as you palmed his cheek softly where he took your hand and kissed your palm, looking up at you with affection. "Thank you and I love you."

 

"Feeling is mutual." You chuckled, making him laugh again as he stood up standing between your legs before cupping your cheeks to kiss your forehead. "We're going to be the best parents, right?"

 

You nodded. "Yes, we are."

 

                     __________________

 

 

Seven months later>>

 

4:12 pm 

 

Warm tears rolled down your burning flushed cheeks, just like the drops of rain rolling down the glass window of your room as you sat at the edge of your bed, staring at the drizzling rain outside. 

 

Your palm caressed your baby bump in slow motion which has been a habit of yours for a few months, and as you kept it, the earlier scene flashed in your mind, hitting you with a major guilt and you sobbed even more. 

 

It was your second argument after your marriage, the first one was two months ago when you had caught a cold and Somi strictly asked you to stay away from the spicy and junk food for a while but your cravings and new hormones were taking over you. Hence, when you secretly ordered spicy fried chicken, you were caught by Baekhyun and he being the caring person tried to make you understand but you lashed out at him because you couldn't eat anything you wanted. 

 

Your anger subsided in an hour then you started to feel guilty towards him, sobbing and talking were heard in the silent room as you both talked it out and just like that, you were okay, in his arms. 

 

“Y/n? Baby?” 

 

You heard his soft honey voice behind the closed door, as he knocked at the door and you felt like crying even more after hearing his voice and just wanted to run in his arms and that's what you did. 

 

Wiping your tears, you stood up with your hand still on your bump, as you walked carefully towards the door and opened it slowly and there he stood, your favorite person, your home still holding the gentleness in his eyes for you. 

 

“Come here.” He whispered, lifting his arms a little as a warm smile played on his lips and it was enough for you to cry your eyes out as you crashed yourself in his arms with your head snuggling into his chest. 

 

His arms held you, ever so gently like you were his precious treasure he always wanted to protect as his cheek leaned against your head with his hand patting your back and you felt safe, you always did. 

 

You cried for a moment till you felt light, and slowly, you leaned your head back to look up at him as his arms still held you before he looked down at you where he leaned his forehead against yours. “Are we okay, now?” 

 

You closed your eyes, nodding and sniffing before you felt his lips kissing your forehead, slowly trailing down to your tear stained cheek, to your red nose and then he stopped his lips, just inches away from yours and it still left tingles in your body. 

 

His nose brushed against yours, and tiptoeing, you let your lips meet his soft ones, and his head bent down to let your feet touch the floor so as not to make you feel tired as he kissed back. 

 

His hand lifted up to cup your cheek as he wiped your tears and the way his thumb your cheekbone and other hand caressed your back, it made you feel warm, comfortable, calm and loved. 

 

“I’m so sorry.” You murmured, against his lips as he leaned his forehead against yours before opening your eyes to look into his brown warm orbs. “I'm really sorry for shouting again, I didn't want to but I don't know…. My hormones are just all over the place… I know it must be sounding like an excuse but-”

 

“Okay, okay, you need to calm down, Coffee bean.” He said, holding your shoulders, making you lean away as you looked down sniffing before hearing him sigh and then he wrapped his arm around your shoulder. “Come on.” 

 

He made you sit on the bed before plopping himself beside you while his arm was still around your shoulder where his other hand reached out to caress your hand softly before he planted a kiss on your temple. “Are you okay? Can we have a talk now as to why don't you wanna go to the party when you were the most excited about it?”

 

“This is gonna sound a little childish so don't laugh.” You mumbled, sniffing before you felt his hand on your shoulder patting it gently. “How can I, when you are feeling down. You can tell me anything, you know?” 

 

You nodded, looking down as you fiddled your fingers through his and sighed. “I was very excited and I know how much this event means to you and there would be lots of people there to meet you. And…. And I am like this… I mean it's not that I am embarrassed… it's just the dress I was supposed to wear… doesn't… doesn't fit me anymore and there would be so many beautiful women and… I… I won't fit in.”

 

Silence followed for a moment as you sniffed again before tilting your head towards him to see his blank expression and you blinked confusingly at his silence where he sighed, exasperatedly at your thinking and couldn't decide if should scold you or not but then understanding your point of view, he chose not to. 

 

“Who says you won't fit in?” He questioned, his frown deepening. “I understand that you are feeling down about this but Y/n, it's natural, it's natural because you're carrying a life too. But that doesn't mean you won't fit in, heck you'd still look gorgeous whatever you wear and your dressing won't change your character or how beautiful you are inside and out.”

 

“I know it's hard but it will be worth it, and you'll be proud of yourself. And I am proud of you, always and you're still beautiful to me, and always be, you get me?” He added, with a stern look but his tone was gentle and you wondered, how did you find such an amazing husband. 

 

You nodded slowly, as his words were comforting and calming where he raised his eyebrows. “So? Should we go to the party or just stay inside cuddling?” 

 

You shook your head, reaching out to caress his cheek bone. “No, we're going, and I am going to tell everyone that this amazing man is my husband and an amazing father.” 

 

“Am I?” His lips curved upwards in a playful grin as he raised his eyebrows and you giggled, nodding. “Yes, you are.” 

 

He simply smiled, before you wrapped your arms around his neck to pull him in a hug as you snuggled into his neck taking his sweet scent. “I'm sorry, again. I made you worry and maybe I scared our little bean too.”

 

“You shouldn't be sorry to me but to my phone which you broke a while ago.” He sighed. “Poor my phone.” 

 

You bit your lip, leaning away as your arms were still around his neck. “I will buy you a new one.” 

 

“I’d be very thankful because the next time you break it, I won't have to feel guilty about it.” He chuckled, winking and you whined. “Baekhyun!” 

 

“Okay, you're scaring my little bean there, baby.” He your baby bump as he bent his head towards it. “Let's not be scared because we gotta get revenge from your mom later.” 

 

“Things you are teaching to our baby.” You shook your head in disbelief and he shrugged. “Come on, it's not a lie, right?” 

 

You rolled your eyes before smiling. “Thank you.” 

 

“For getting revenge on you?” His forehead creased, playfully grinning and you pushed him away, whining. “Go away!”

 

He just laughed, pulling you in another hug and you melted into his embrace right away and it was perfect. 

 

                    __________________________

 

 

Six years later >>

 

Little feet ran around the living room to the kitchen and stumbled onto a pair of legs before hugging it tightly to look up at the person. “Mommy!”

 

You flinched, looking down at your daughter with a gasp. “Byeol-ah! How many times have I told you not to run like that? You'll get hurt.” 

 

The little girl pouted and it immediately reminded you of your husband as she was a carbon copy of him. “When will Appa come home?”

 

“In an hour maybe, why?” You dusted your hands and picked her up as you made her sit on the counter where her arms instantly poked your cheek, the habit she had adapted from her father. “I’m bored!” 

 

Your eyes widened, amused as you let out a laugh. “You get bored too?” 

 

She pouted, crossing her little arms and you cooed, kissing her cheek repeatedly making her whine where you giggled.

 

“Why are you getting bored? Jae-jin is here too, Isn't he playing with you?” Jaehyun’s wife, and your sister in law, Minju came beside you as she was helping you out in the kitchen and Byeol shook her head. “He's not playing with me, he's playing with Mongryong.” 

 

“Mommy, play with me!” She whined loudly but stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter