Chapter 19

The Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Shock word was an understandment as what you were feeling right now. You were in the car with Ria going back home, you couldn't even say anything to him as you were too shocked and before you could, Ria dragged you to the car saying mom has been calling. 

 

 

Were you dreaming? Did you heard it right? He likes you? All of this came as a surprise to you and the whole ride you were occupied by those thoughts.

 

 

Arriving at home, you straight went to your room and your parents were confused by your behavior before looking at Ria questionly but she just shrugged and followed you.

 

 

"Y/n." She called out entering your room to see you sitting on the bed lost in thoughts before aproaching you and sat in front of you.

 

 

"Y/n? What's wrong? You have been quiet since we have come back. Did something happen?" She placed her hand on top of yours and you looked at her blankly.

 

 

"Baekhyun." You uttered your lips. "Baekhyun... confessed to me."

 

 

She stared at you blankly and then. "AAAHHHHHHHHH"

 

 

You closed your ears and eyes before shutting her up by covering then your door burst opened revealing Daniel.

 

 

"What-what happened? Why did you scream?" He asked panicked and you glared at Ria.

 

 

"Nothing, she has gone crazy."

 

 

"I thought something big happened." He scoffed walking away.

 

 

"Is it true? When? How? Wait- at the beach? I told you, he likes you!" She began her rambling as you told her everything. 

 

 

"OMG! This is such a great news! So what did you say?" 

 

 

You looked at her in innocently. "Nothing." 

 

 

Her jaw dropped. "Nothing? Are you serious? The Byun Baekhyun confessed to you and you said nothing?" 

 

 

You groaned leaning your against the headboard. "I.. I couldn't say anything. I was too shocked, okay. And it was so unexpected." 

 

 

"So? How do feel about him?"

 

 

"I..don't know. I mean yes, he's a good guy and I feel comfortable and happy around him." You paused sighing while clutching the teddy close to you. "But lately I'm really nervous around him where my heart is like going to burst and it's so confusing. 

 

 

Ria stared at you with a understanding look before she slapped her forehead lightly. "Silly! There's your answer. You don't feel like this for anyone but for someone you love and it's okay. There's no hurry so, take your time to be sure about your feelings."

 

 

Upon hearing her words, you gave this a thought and realized she is right. Your heart beat quicken at the thought of him and cheeks heat up.

 

 

"Oh My God! Y/n! You're blushing." She laughed loudly and you hid your cheeks feeling embarrassed.

 

 

"Shut up!"

 

 

"I'm so happy for you!" She jumped on you making your body fall back with a groan.

 

 

"You're heavy!"

 

 

Later that night, you couldn't sleep well as the scene at the beach kept playing in your mind making you nervous, scared and happy as well. You have never been in a relationship, always kept yourself distant with these things yet you were here feeling all of this.

 

 

Being in a relationship scared you a little. You don't know, if you were ready for it and several things were in your mind with all of these questions and you just needed a bit of time.

 

 

Meanwhile, Baekhyun who kept cursing himself for not holding himself back for keeping his mouth shut. He wasn't planning on confessing like this but you just stood there and he couldn't help but blurt out everything and now was thinking if he scared you or would you feel awkward around him because that was the last thing he wanted. 

   

                                         ***

 

(9 January)

 

 

 

You woke up with a slight nervousness at how would you face him after yesterday. Luck was probably on your side when you didn't got a glimpse of Baekhyun at the college as you had lunch with the boys and they told that he was busy somewhere and that somehow made you relieved but lowkey you wanted to see him.

 

 

Then a thought hit you that you have to go to Café too and you would definitely see him there.

 

 

Later, in the library, Ria was looking for some books assigned to her from her professor before she came across with Baekhyun who was picking a book.

 

 

"Oh, Baekhyun sunbae."

 

 

Baekhyun flinched by the voice before he saw Ria giving him a smile which he reciprocated before his eyes were going here and there in search of someone.

 

 

Ria chuckled. "She's not here, must be hiding somewhere."

 

 

Baekhyun looked at her startled as he let out an awkward chuckle before he looked at her surprised. "You know?"

 

 

She nodded. "We bestfriends have no secrets so while we're talking about it, can I ask you something?"

 

 

Baekhyun gave her a nod as she sighed. "Are you sincere about Y/n? I can see you are but I still want to hear it from you."

 

 

Baekhyun smiled at her concern for you and he nodded. "I have never been this sincere before and I assure you that."

 

 

She nodded smiling. "Then, let me tell you this too. Y/n and I have been bestfriends since high school and I know Y/n more than she knows herself. She's never been into these situations before so it's something new to her and maybe little confusing too. So, I hope you can be a little patient until she's sort it out, plus I'm already on your side. "

 

 

Hearing upon her words, Baekhyun was sure that you were lucky to have a friend like Ria before he nodded. "Thanks and i'll keep that in mind. "

 

 

With that he walked away before Ria sighed clasping her hands together up in the air. "God, let my ship sail."

 

 

"Gosh, Y/n, You're really lucky to have me in your life." Ria flipped her hair before she turned around and got startled to see the librarian judging her with her poker face.

 

 

Giving her an awkward smile, Ria rushed out of the library hoping not run into the librarian today.

 

                                  ***

At the Café. 

 

 

Just as Baekhyun predicted, you were avoiding eye contact with him and the awkward atmosphere was eating him up. However, he couldn't blame you because it would be a normal reaction for someone who got confessed but he didn't wanted that and he's surely gonna make it right.

 

 

Your shift was over and you were relieved wanting to get out of the awkwardness as soon as possible but things just doesn't go according to you.

 

 

"Y/n." You slightly flinched and there was your heart acting up again beating with an abnormal speed.

 

 

"You are avoiding me, aren't you?" He questioned and you mentally face palmed for being obvious as you let out a nervous chuckle while looking everywhere but him. "Me? No, not at all."

 

 

"You know you can't lie, so why do you even try it?"

 

 

You bit your lip before looking at him and instantly looked away finding hard to look at him.

 

 

"Can we talk?"

 

 

"Right now?"

 

 

"Yes." He said firmly and you hesitantly nodded.

 

 

He his lips before speaking. "I know what happened yesterday was unexpected for you and trust me it was same for me. I never wanted to confess like that but it just happened and now I'm not going to run away."

 

 

"I don't want to pressure you in any way and I'm alright with you taking how much ever time you want. I'm always willing to wait for you but I just don't us to be awkward like this because this is something I never wanted."

 

 

As if he just read your mind that whatever you want to say but couldn't, he said it all and you couldn't be more grateful for it. A smile appeared on your face and you nodded slowly making him smile in relief.

 

 

"You're not going to avoid me again, right?"

 

 

You chuckled awkwardly. "No, I won't."

 

 

"If you did, i'll tell everyone about your that secret." He smiled smugly raising his one eyebrow and your jaw dropped. "Are you threatening me?" 

 

 

"Is it working?" 

 

 

"No!" 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter