Chapter 12

The Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(6 December Monday)  

 

 

 

12:23 pm

 

 

 

You and Ria settled down on your table by the window as usual in the cafeteria with Mark across you. Three of you were chit-chating about various things and Ria telling Mark about the encounter with Song Joongki yesterday who surprisingly was listening to it with interest.

 

 

"I have actually heard about him a lot, you know." He stated munching while you both looked at him amazed making him laugh.

 

 

"Actually-"

 

 

His words got cut off as you three flinched by the sudden gasps and whispers causing you frown in confusion before following the people's gaze to the entrance which was getting a little crowded now. 

 

 

"What's happening?" Ria spoke her eyes glued to the crowd as she shifted her body while sitting to see the view before letting out a gasp.

 

 

"What if it's Big Boss?!" She exclaimed causing Mark to roll his eyes while you looked at her shook.

 

 

"Are we that lucky?" You laughed at your remark turning your head back to the crowd only to get shook by the appearance of none other than your seniors who were walking in.

 

 

Your head whipped towards your bestfriend who's mouth was opened as she watched the sight infront of her before looking at you and closed it.

 

 

"What happened?" Mark questioned seeing Ria's expression before looking back at the crowd. "Who are they?"

 

 

"Seniors." Ria answered smiling before both of your eyes widen as you saw them aproaching your table causing you sit straight as you both exchanged looks with each other.

 

 

"Is this seat taken?" You almost gasped hearing the familiar voice before looking up at your side to see Baekhyun looking at innocently.

 

 

You blinked before shaking your head. "No."

 

 

He smiled pulling out the chair beside you and sat down with his friends sitting down too while you sat there shook processing. You can hear gasps and whispers around you before you glanced at your bestfriend who happened to be just as shook as you.

 

 

Although, you feel uncomfortable being in the attention but you can't just tell them to go away that's not polite or your place to do. Besides, the cafeteria is full today unexpectedly so, that's why they sat here. Well, that's what you assumed not knowing what is going on the mind of the person beside you. 

 

 

Ria, who was shook, slightly smirked as she hoped for this to happen but didn't expected it would happen this soon.

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Ria got a call from home and excused herself leaving you with Mark and asked you to go ahead which you did.

 

 

And as she was done, she turned around startle by the presence behind her to see Baekhyun coming towards her but with a frown on his face.

 

 

"Hey." He smiled greeting her and she greeted back still confused before following his gaze where you and Mark were talking while going inside the campus.

 

 

"Who is he?" He asked his eyes still on you as a wave of jealously rose in him watching you talking and smiling to the guy.

 

 

His expression did not go hidden by Ria who was fast to catch these things and a smirk plastered on her face as she decided to play cupid.

 

 

"Uh..he is our friend, Mark." She smiled at him.

 

 

"Are they close?" He pointed towards your direction and she hid her smug grin. "They are getting close."

 

 

He stared at your direction for a while watching you disappearing inside the campus and looked back at Ria who was giving him a look which he couldn't comprehend.

 

 

Nevertheless, he just gave a light smile before nodding and walked away leaving Ria grinning to herself smugly. "Bullseye." 

 

 

 

Flashback ended

 

 

Ria's smug smile dropped when she noticed Chanyeol looking at her questionly making her sit straight and her cheeks reddened as he was staring her.

 

 

"Oh Hyung." 

 

 

Everyone averted their eyes to the voice which belonged to Rowoon who approached the table with Lauren beside him but her gaze was on the person beside you made you confuse, but he didn't even paid attention to her as his eyes were on you which you didn't know.

 

 

"How come you are eating in the cafeteria?" Rowoon asked as he settled beside jongin with her girlfriend beside her who was smiling too sweetly towards everyone which Ria noticed it as she let out a low scoff enough for you to hear it.

 

 

"Yeah, since this our last year, we wanted to make some memories." Jongin spoke shoving his mouth with spoonful of rice before giving Baekhyun a nod earning an eye roll from him. 

 

 

"This is not bad as it was last two years, don't you think Baekhyun-ah?" Chanyeol asked munching his food and Baekhyun nodded. "It's actually good."

 

 

"Of course, they changed the chef that's why." Ria joined them. "If they hadn't, this cafeteria would be empty until now."

 

 

Everyone chuckled at her remark and your lunch time passed laughing with them. You also joined the conversation as Baekhyun asked you something as he saw how shy you were to talk openly to them which you were thankful for.

 

 

He was happy seeing you getting along with his friends where you also noticed his sweet little gesture of him giving you some side dishes time to time making your heart flutter not noticing the fiery gaze from a certain person around the table.

 

 

 

 

                                   ***

 

 

7:23 pm

 

 

 

Checking the time, you took off your apron and was ready to go home as it was the closing time. Hearing the jingling bell sound, you instantly looked towards the door to see your bestfriend waving at you before entering.

 

 

"I'll get my bag." You told her going inside the kitchen while she talked to Rose and Baekhyun who were also preparing to close the café.

 

 

Walking out of the café, Rose bid goodnight before closing the Café and drove off while Baekhyun stayed there.

You and Ria both gave him a confuse look and he just stared at you with unreadable expression unable to tell what's going on in his mind. 

 

 

And here you were, seated on the passengers seat in Baekhyun's car with Ria in the backseat while on your way to your home. Apparently Baekhyun insisted to drop you both since it's night time and he was worried about the incident happened last time and then you couldn't reject him.

 

 

Reaching there, you three got out of his car before you spotted another car and a familiar figure in front of your porch so you stopped, making Ria and Baekhyun halt on their spot.

 

 

"Aunt jane?" You called out and she turned around.

 

 

"Y/n?" She smiled, coming towards you and hugged you before pulling away and saw Ria and hugged her. "Oh Ria, you're here too."

 

 

Ria laughed awkwardly. "Yes, I'm gonna stay here tonight."

 

 

"But who's this?" She looked at Baekhyun and he innocently glanced at you both you chuckled awkwardly. "Ah, he's Baekhyun, our senior and friend."

 

 

"Hello." He bowed a little giving her a polite smile and aunt Jane smiled back. 

 

 

"But Aunt Jane, what are you doing here?" 

 

 

"Oppa asked me to check up on you." 

 

 

"But I asked dad not to do that." You muttered under your breathe, enough for Ria and Baekhyun to hear.

 

 

"Liam is here too." You all followed her eyes to see him getting out the car and walking towards you.

 

 

"Hey." Liam smiled standing beside Aunt Jane, looking both you and Ria then his smiled dropped, when his eyes stopped at Baekhyun who was eyeing him expressionless.

 

 

"Hi." Liam held out his hand to Baekhyun and he shook it but both of them were looking at eachother with unreadable expression.

 

 

"Let's go inside then." Ria interuppted, dropping the awkward atmosph

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter