Chapter 17

The Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(1st January)

 

 

9:36 am

 

Standing in the garden, with your face cupped by his large slender hands while looking into his brown eyes eyes to see him smiling fondly.

 

And, slowly you felt him leaning closer to you making you nervous as his gaze flickered to your lips then back to your eyes and his face was inches away from yours. 

 

Closing your eyes, you leaned into his touch and... 

 

 

THUD!

 

 

"Ow!" You cried sitting up while rubbing your lower back before looking toward your bed to see your bestfriend snoring while her leg was on your side which you got kicked by. Grabbing the cushion, you threw it on her face and taking it, she hugged it tightly going back to sleep. Scoffing, you stood up before a sudden pain in your head hit you causing you whine.

 

 

Rubbing your temple, you frowned as you were in your room in your sleepwear, confused as how did you got home and why don't you remember anything.

 

 

All of a sudden, your mind went to the dream you just had. The fact that you had a dream of kissing someone made you embarrassed as you hid your face in your palms but at the same time perplex as you couldn't even see him but his eyes looked so familiar. 

 

 

Shaking your head to get rid of these thoughts, you walked into the bathroom to wash up with the headache which was increasing by now. You made your way downstairs with your head at the verge of exploding before entering the kitchen to see your mom making something.

 

 

"Mum!" You called out rubbing your temple before sitting on the dining table. "My head is going to explode."

 

 

She placed a bowl of hangover soup infront of you and you looked at her confused before a smack was given on your back by her.

 

 

"Mum! It hurts!" You exclaimed rubbing your stinging back before looking at her confused. "Why did you hit me?"

 

 

"I told you to enjoy! Not to get drunk!"

 

 

You stared at her in disbelief. "Mum, you know I don't drink! I would never!"

 

 

"Yeah right! Last night, I was walking like a penguin to your room."

 

 

Your eyes went small thinking about it but nothing popped but a snicker left your lips as you imagined your mom walking like a penguin.

 

 

You heard a scoff. "You're laughing? You think this is funny? You should be thankful that your dad was asleep or you would have gotten in trouble."

 

 

"I swear, I just had softdrink that's it. I don't even remember anything and my head hurts." You dropped your head on the table then heard a sigh from her.

 

 

"I know you don't drink but you should have been careful, what if Ria wasn't with you?"

 

 

"I know mum, I'm sorry, i'll be careful now."

 

 

"Okay, have this soup, this will help your burning stomach while i'll make strong tea for your headache." She lightly slapped your head lightly and you nodded before drinking the soup.

 

 

"Morning, drunk penguin." You glared at your bestfriend as she sat across you.

 

 

"What happened last night? How did we got home? And why don't I remember anything? How did i got drunk? And what did I do?" You shoved her with questions and she chuckled.

 

 

"Breathe Y/n, Breathe."

 

 

"How can I? It's like I have got an amnesia."

 

 

"You accidentally drank a mixed drink." She started and you choked looking at her shook.

 

 

"Well, when I searched for you outside, you were already passed out in Baekhyun Sunbae's arms." She added spreading her arms in a dramatic way while winking and your jaw dropped. 

 

 

"What!?"

 

 

Numerous thoughts were running in your mind as what did you do? How much have you embarrassed yourself infront of him and what would he be thinking about you now.

 

 

You were relieved that you had no classes today so you won't see him but then it hit you that you still have to go to Café and that's when you hit your head on the table again.

 

                                           ***

 

It was already the time and you were standing outside of the Café before your eyes spotted Baekhyun walking out of the kitchen with the apron and you just stood there admiring him as even in the apron, he looked handsome.

 

 

His eyes locked with yours making you flinch before he flashed a smile at you but it was more like a chuckle and you closed your eyes knowing you definitely had done something embarrassing.

 

 

Walking inside, you greeted them as usual before wearing your apron and started your daily routine. You kept squeezing your eyes as the headache didn't go even after drinking the tea.

 

 

Ria suggested to drink coffee but you were too stubborn to drink since you don't like it, but you were relieved since today there were less customers. Then, a small white cup was placed infront you filled with black tea and you looked at Baekhyun confused.

 

 

"Have this, it's good for headaches." He gestured to drink before taking the order from the customer and looked back to see you eyeing the cup weirdly.

 

 

"Don't worry, it's not poisoned."

 

 

You heard him chuckle and gave him a look. "It's not that, I just don't drink coffee."

 

 

"Think of it as a medicine." 

 

 

Surprisingly, you gave in which was something new as you have always refused to drink, no matter how many times you were asked but somehow you couldn't refuse him.

 

 

Drinking it like a shot, you made a weird face as the bitter taste touched your taste bud and Baekhyun giggled seeing your expression.

 

 

"It taste so..." You couldn't even complete your sentence as you coughed out shaking your head while looking for something sweet to replace the bitter taste.

 

 

"Do you remember anything from last night?" He questioned after the customer took his order and you shook your head.

 

 

"Don't ever get drunk again." He spoke firmly. "Especially alone. Do you know how cu- I mean dangerous it is." 

 

 

You blinked before nodding. "Of course, after this headache, never."

 

 

He mentally face palmed at your innocence as you couldn't get the hint while he couldn't just tell you directly that how cute you looked and he didn't want any other guy to see like that.

 

 

That's when something hit him. "Who's Siwon?"

 

 

"Siwon?"

 

 

"You kept calling this name and crying." He stated with a serious tone and you frowned thinking before your eyes widened in realization.

 

 

"Oh! Siwon, he's an actor in drama."

 

 

"Actor?" He muttered wondering that he had trouble sleeping last night because of an actor? Just what has happened to him?

 

 

"Wait," You spoke snapping him out. "What did I do last night?"

 

 

"Nothing much."

 

 

"You're lying. I'm sure, I have done something."

 

 

He nodded. "You did."

 

 

"What?"

 

 

He leaned down to your face making your heart beat quicken. "You said you called a shopkeeper by your mom."

 

 

You jaw dropped and he leaned away laughing and you hid your face in your palms embarrassed before something hit you as you brought your hands down. "Just that, right?"

 

 

"Ah, that he called-"

 

 

"Okay! Stop!" You exclaimed panicking which made him laugh and you playfully glared at him. "Was there someone else?"

 

 

"No, it was just me."

 

 

You sighed in relief then looked at him giving him a sweet smile. "Can't you forget about it?"

 

 

He imitated your experience. "Someone has to remember it."

 

 

You narrowed your eyes. "You're gonna tease me for it."

 

 

He giggled. "You know me well."

 

 

You huffed but at the same time thankful that he was there with you because he's the only guy you trust and you had this belief that you would be safe with him.

 

 

"Oh? You have something in your hair." 

 

 

"Me?" He ruffled his hair and you stared at him as he was giving the vibe of a model but instantly snapped out.

 

 

What's wrong with me lately? I have been staring him a lot and I need to stop this.

 

 

"Is it still there?" He asked shaking his head and his hair bounced making you giggle as he looked like a baby.

 

 

"What? Why are you laughing?"

 

 

"Nothing, but it's still there."

 

 

"Then, help me." He suddenly bend his head to your level and you blinked before brushing your fingers through his black hair.

 

 

His hair felt so silky and his strawberry scent hit your nostrils. You were just touching his hair but why was your pounding so much? You wondered before backing away, afraid he would hear it.

 

 

"It's gone."

 

 

You thought he'll back away but instead he turned his head towards you and your breath hitched before your eyes widened seeing his eyes which felt awfully familiar.

 

 

Did you had a dream about Baekhyun? Were you going to kiss him in the dream?

 

 

"Y/n? You're face is red? Are you alright?" He asked reaching out and you instantly nodded backing away which Baekhyun found weird.

 

 

The sound of jingling bell made you turned towards the door as an old man walked inside. He instantly smiled at Baekhyun and he returned it back before taking his order.

 

 

"You're handsome, young man." He commented and Baekhyun just gave a shy grin while you stood there awkwardly making his drink.

 

 

"Are you dating someone?" He asked and you almost laughed out as even the old man is asking him out.

 

 

"I have a granddaughter and I think you'll look good together." He chuckled and you looked at him weirdly as he was just trying to set him up with his granddaughter.

 

 

Baekhyun let out a chuckle. "Ah, thank you, but I have a girlfriend."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter