Chapter 24

The Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(22 February) 

8:30 pm

 

Baekhyun stopped his car, infront of your porch and you got out of the car before standing by the car hood and saw Baekhyun walking towards you. He was dressed in a blue sweater and black jeans, with his his hair down hiding his forehead slightly, giving him a soft look. 

 

 

"Nervous?" You asked him, as he approached you and he nodded. "Can I hold your hand?"

 

 

"You don't have to ask." You smiled holding out your hand and he smiled back grabbing it, before interlocking it tightly. You could feel the sweat in his hand and the nervousness on his face.

 

 

"Hey, it's gonna be okay, it's just my parents." You brought your hand on the back of his hand and he sighed before leaning against the car hood with you.

 

 

"Easy for you to say, since they are your parents." He chuckled, while his thumb over your hand. "I'm meeting my girlfriend's parents for the first time and I want everything to go well. when it's about you, I don't wanna risk it."

 

 

"Not me, but us, it's about us." You smiled. "And you don't have to do anything, just be yourself."

 

 

He stared at you amazed. "Strange, my mom said the same thing."

 

 

"Really?" You asked surprised and he chuckled at your reaction before you both heard your name being called out. 

 

 

"Y/n!" You looked towards your house and saw your mom walking towards you both and Baekhyun immediately stood up.

 

 

"You're finally here!" She looked at Baekhyun before her head tilted in confusion. "Have we met before?" 

 

 

"You must have seen him at the hospital, he was there too." You stated and she nodded. "Right, we couldn't even introduce eachother in hassle."

 

 

You held his hand pulling him by your side."Baekhyun, meet my mom." 

 

 

"Hello, ma'am." Baekhyun bowed politely, whilst smiling shyly and your mom looked at him with heart eyes. 

 

 

"Call me Aunty." She smiled. "I finally got to see you, I was really curious about my daughter's boyfriend as she was never interested having one but since Daniel and Ria talked about you a lot, I couldn't wait to see you." 

 

 

Your mom showed her excitement and you could imagine him giving you a teasing smile as she was about to speak more, you stopped her and mouthed her to lead you both inside. She nodded and you all three started walking towards your house, you were walking between your mom and Baekhyun as he kept holding your hand and you also didn't let go.

 

 

Entering your house, you were all seated on your couch with your mom and dad opposite of you. As much as your dad is open-minded and cool person, he put a tough face infront of Baekhyun, since it's about his precious daughter's future.

 

 

Your dad kept asking questions, which Baekhyun answered politely and while doing so, you noticed your dad's face which was giving you a positive vibe.

 

 

Not long before, Baekhyun excused himself to the washroom, as he went upstairs to Daniel's room, you looked at your parents with a frown and they gave you confused look.

 

 

"What are you guys doing?" You narrowed your eyes and your dad shrugged, giving you the look of 'what did I do'.

 

 

"Y/n, tell me honestly. Where did you find such a handsome guy? Is he really your boyfriend?" Your mom showered you with questions and you shook your head while dad just rolled his eyes.

 

 

"Hold on, how does he know the washroom's way?" Your dad asked confusingly.

 

 

"Oh, he's been here before." You replied casually.

 

 

"What?! He was here before? You brought a man at home, in your parent's absence?!" You dad whisper-yelled, and about to expload.

 

 

Your enlarged your eyes. "What are you saying? Aunt jane was present and so were Daniel and Ria, and do you think I would just let anyone in?"

 

 

"Because it was Baekhyun and I trust him so you can too."

 

 

 

While you were telling this to your parents with a hush tone hoping Baekhyun wouldn't hear this but little did you know, Baekhyun was there and he heard everything you said which made his lips stretched in a smile.

 

 

Baekhyun entered the living room where your dad looked at him. "Should we have a talk?"

 

 

Baekhyun nodded nervously and you frowned as you looked at your dad who looked back at you seriously. "You, young lady, go and help your mom in the kitchen." 

 

 

You frowned, pouting and were about to speak but you felt Baekhyun's hand slightly patting your forearm as you looked at him where he smiled reassuringly before you walked away in the kitchen.

 

 

You looked at your mom nervously. "What's he gonna do?"

 

 

She shrugged. "I don't know and don't worry, they won't be having a boxing match inside, so now come and help me with the dishes." 

 

 

"Mom!" 

 

 

Back to Baekhyun, who was sitting across him while rubbing his hands nervously before he heard your dad's voice making him sit up straight. 

 

 

"To be honest with you.." He trailed off as his eyes went towards the kitchen where he got a glimpse of your figure hiding behind the wall making him roll his eyes which caught Baekhyun's attention as he followed his gaze and he bit his lip smiling at your action.

 

 

He cleared his throat. "Actually... I was kind of anxious about your relationship because it was surprising since she wasn't fond of dating and suddenly Dan told us about it so... it worried me that what kind of person she's dating and so on."

 

 

"But... That doubt slowly got away when I noticed how happy she's been these days and after talking to you, I'm not surprised that she chose you, it's like how I and her mother used to be." He added, with a smile but instantly dropped it as he remembered that he was supposed to act serious.

 

 

He sighed. "Y/n.. She's my precious daughter and as her father... I need to be assured if she's in right hands." 

 

 

Baekhyun his lips as he took a deep breath. "As a father, I can't even imagine or understand the love you have for your daughter, maybe not until I become one. Y/n... She's an incredible woman and I know for sure that I am really lucky to have her by my side. "

 

 

"I don't know... How to say it in right words but I'll try my best to be the better person for her in every aspect." 

 

 

Your dad blinked couple of times in surprise and couldn't say anything back as he was just too good with his words but at the same time, it really assured him. 

 

 

He pushed his glasses up as he asked the question, testing him one last time. "If I don't approve of your relationship then what'll you do?" 

 

 

Baekhyun gulped nervously. "Well, you are her father and it's understandable for you to do that, but of course I won't give up until you approve, because I can't give up on Y/n."

 

 

He looked at him in surprise again before he cleared his throat looking at him seriously. "Just letting you know, if you ever hurt my daughter, I won't spare you."

 

 

"Well, Y/n is enough for that." He spoke as a flashback of the beach scene crossed his mind where your smack almost had him kiss the ground.

 

 

Your dad laughed making Baekhyun look at him perplexed as he stood up before patting Baekhyun's shoulder. "Good luck with that." 

 

 

And Baekhyun got it right away, he succeeded.

 

 

Meanwhile, you leaned against the wall peeking at them. "I can't hear anything!" 

 

 

"Seriously, what's taking them so long?" You huffed. "It's not like I'm getting married or something! I think it's my fault for making him watch dramas with me."

 

 

Your mom sighed. "You are our one and only daughter and your well being is all we want, so think from your dad's perspective a little."

 

 

"Your dad is doing exactly what my dad did to him." She giggled recalling those days and you smiled.

 

 

"I like him." She suddenly uttered. "The way he looks at you, just explains everything."

 

 

"How does he look at me?"

 

 

"That you are the only one in his eyes and you, my daughter are lucky to have that." She said and you smiled. "I know."

 

 

All of a sudden, you both heard the sound of laughter filling up in the living room causing you both to walk out with a confused look and there, you saw them laughing at something. Baekhyun's eyes met your curious ones and he did an okay and then thumbs up sign before you both smiled at eachother.

 

 

At that moment, Daniel and Jae came back from outside. Daniel instantly walked towards Baekhyun as soon as he spotted him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter