Chapter 10

The Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(4 December Saturday) 

 

 

 

10:23 am

 

 

"So how was your date?"

 

You glanced at your bestfriend confused by her sudden question. "Date?"

 

She nodded enthusiastically. "Yesterday, you and Baekhyun Sunbae went to date, right?"

 

You brows knitted. "That wasn't a date."

 

"Why? It was only you and Baekhyun Sunbae tho." She smirked and you rolled your eyes.

 

"Shut up, that's because Rose couldn't come. Now stop with your nonsense and look ahead." You pointed your chin towards the stage where the rehearsal was going on.

 

Ria groaned rolling her eyes. "I don't want to look at her! She's showing off her boyfriend more than acting."

 

You laughed. "Then get a boyfriend for yourself."

 

"Ha ha! So funny!" She scoffed. "Like it's so easy but you're gonna get it soon."

 

"What?" Your frowned confusingly as you looked at her to see her smiling mischievously before you realized what was she talking about.

 

You slapped her arm and glared at her. "I told you not have any weird thoughts about it!"

 

"What? I didn't even said anything!" She shrugged her shoulders and you shook your head ahead before she giggled at your flustered state.

 

Later, as you were about to walk out of your campus, you got a call from your brother's school, informing you that daniel has got injured during his basketball game practice and asked to pick him up.

 

You panicked at first but fortunately he didn't got injured badly and you got relieved before making your way to his school while texting Ria about it.

 

 

                                   ***

 

12:56 pm

 

 

Arriving at his school, you went straight to the infirmary and saw your brother sitting on the bed with his foot bandaged talking to her classmate which you assumed.

 

"Good afternoon." You greeted the doctor who was typing on her laptop looked up at you before giving you a polite smile and Daniel did the same. 

 

"You must be Daniel's sister whom i talked to earlier?" She asked and you nodded before she stood up from her chair making her way to Daniel's bed while you following her.

 

"Is he okay? Is it bad?" You questioned worringly eyeing his bandaged foot and the doctor chuckled.

 

"Don't worry, he sprained his foot but it will be fine within two or three days after giving it a rest." She explained and you nodded relieved.

 

"Then can I take him with me now?"

 

"Yes, I have gave him the pain killer so you can take him."

 

"Okay, Thank you." You smiled at her and she nodded going back to her desk before you helped Daniel standing up and led him outside.

 

"Daniel! Your bag!" A girl shouted from the back as you both were walking down the hallway before she approached you and handed him the bag.

 

"Hello. I'm Daniel's friend, Kim jieun." She grinned and you smiled back before glancing at your brother who's cheeks were a little red as he stared at her making your jaw dropped internally.

 

She quickly bid her goodbye as she got called by the teacher and you both walked out of the school then back to your home.

 

Reaching home, you helped Daniel into his room and giving him time to change his uniform before something popped into your mind.

 

You fished out your phone and opened your contacts searching Baekhyun's number but then you realized that you don't have his number and texted rose instead, asking her if you could take a day off while telling her the reason. 

 

After receiving her text saying yes, you smiled but then you tilted your head to the side confused as why Baekhyun popped up in your head when you don't even have his number. You thoughts got interrupted when your brother called you from his room loudly enough to make you startle and you groaned walking into his room with a thud.

 

Meanwhile, Baekhyun entered the Cafés as usual before a frown crept on his face as he didn't see you but then shrugged it off thinking you would come later.

 

Thirty minutes passed, but you still were not here causing him get confused and at last he asked Rose about it then got to know the reason behind your absence.

 

When she told him about Daniel, he got worried as he has gotten close to him but was also a little bit sad that you didn't tell him, he knows he shouldn't be feeling like this but he couldn't help it.

 

His day was passing slowly that's what he thought and was feeling lonely too since you were not here beside him so he could talk to you which got him confused as it wasn't the first time you took a day off but it was the first time he was feeling this way. 

 

 

                                   ***

 

 

Next day (5 December) 

 

 

 

2:24 pm 

 

 

Time flew by fast with all the hectic day you had in college and now were on your way to the café. Entering the Café, you spotted Rose and Baekhyun behind the counter before smiling as you approached them.

 

"Good afternoon, Rose!" You greeted her as you stood by the counter causing Baekhyun's head jolted towards you and his face lit up but he immediately masked it with his normal facial expression.

 

"Hey! You're here and how is Daniel?" She asked.

 

"He is alright. His foot is getting better now." You replied, walking inside the kitchen to wear your apron and came back before standing behind the counter.

 

"Hey." You smiled at Baekhyun and he smiled back which didn't reached his eyes like how he always smile which got you frowned wondering if he's in a bad mood and shrugged it off.

 

However, the whole day he was being the same, giving you a nod or hum if you were asking something. He didn't really talked which led you think if he is mad at you but you haven't done anything wrong which you could think about.

 

You wouldn't admit it but you got a little bit sad with his sudden cold behavior but didn't let it get to you, thinking he's just in a bad mood and without you even realizing it was already closing time. 

 

Rose closed the café and drove off to her home before bidding goodbye to both of you. Now Baekhyun and you were standing beside eachother in silence which you were hating and hence decided to break it.

 

"Sunbae?" You called him out and he looked at you as he was facing ahead. "Are you upset with me or something?"

 

"What?"

 

"I don't know what happened but you didn't talked to me like you do today, have I done something wrong?"

 

Baekhyun looked at you with wistful eyes and bit his lips before looking away while letting out a exhasperated sigh. He doesn't even know why he is feeling like this and now he's feeling apologetic towards you by his behavior.

 

"I'm sorry, it's just today I was kind of in a bad mood." He explained and you nodded in understanding while feeling relieved.

 

"Honestly," He started making you look at him. "When you didn't called me, I mean about Daniel like we have gotten close you know, I kind of got a little sad as I thought we became friends or is it just me who thinks that?"

 

"No! We are." You immediately replied and his eyes lit up before you scratched the side of your neck. "The thing is, I also wanted to tell you but then I realized I don't have your number."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter