Chapter 18

The Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(2nd January)

5:30 am

 

"So cute." 

 

 

Baekhyun's eyes squinted as someone's mumbles woke him up and felt a weigh on his lap making his eyes open. His gaze went down to see you sleeping peacefully with your head on his lap while hugging his arm around your neck making him smile. 

 

 

He looked up to see a nurse checking up on Ria and walked out flashing a smile at you two. You woke up feeling your hair being tucked behind your ear and instantly locked eyes with Baekhyun.

 

 

"Oh, did I wake you up?"

 

 

Your eyes widened realizing the position and immediately sat up startling the latter and turned around a little to check up yourself if you were drooling and you didn't even brushed yet.

 

 

Then you noticed his jacket around you making your heart flutter but soon guilty as he would have been cold all night. You turned to see him stretching his neck and arms then he turned to you.

 

 

"Did you sleep well?"

 

 

You nodded. "I'm sorry, your neck must be aching."

 

 

"No worries, it's good that you slept well."

 

 

You stared at him blankly wondering why is he so nice to you and him being like this is definitely not good for your poor heart.

 

 

"Y/n?"

 

 

You heard Ria's voice making you both snap your head to her and saw her sitting up. You sprinted towards her making her sit up before engulfing her in a tight hug trying hard not to cry.

 

 

"Y/n? I get it, you love me but I can't breathe."

 

 

"Oh, sorry." You let go and she chuckled while you felt relieved seeing her fine.

 

 

"How are you feeling?" Baekhyun came forward behind you and Ria gave a smile indicating she's feeling better before doctor checked her and informed she's alright now.

 

 

"Thank goodness, you're okay." Baekhyun spoke as soon as doctor walked out while you both gave him a confused look.

 

 

"Or Y/n would have filled a bucket of tears." He joked giggling and Ria laughed while you narrowed your eyes at him.

 

 

"Why would you say it!?" You unconsciously hit his arm lightly and gasped realizing it but he didn't seemed to mind it while Ria watched your interaction like an interesting movie. 

 

 

"Was it supposed to be a secret?" He looked at you innocently and you were about to speak but heard your bestfriend's giggling. "I know, she loves me too much."

 

 

"I don't!"

 

 

They both laughed and you closed your eyes embarrassed before the door opened revealing Chanyeol and he instantly smiled seeing Ria.

 

 

Then you noticed a middle-aged man behind him and he started speaking about yesterday's incident ending with an apology.

 

 

"It's okay, but just be careful next time." Ria spoke smilingly and you felt so proud as she didn't stretched the whole thing and the man went outside.

 

 

"You both should go home." Chanyeol looked at you both. "You must be tired, go home and freshen up, don't worry about her, I'm here."

 

 

You didn't protest and nodded before Chanyeol threw his car keys to Baekhyun and he caught it perfectly before you two walked out.

 

 

"Are you feeling alright now?" You looked at Baekhyun as he took a quick glance at you before looking ahead. "I mean, you don't have to feel guilty now."

 

 

You stared at him surprised. Were you being obvious?

 

 

"Well, I'm glad that everything's fine now because I was this close to give up on my driving." You put your index finger and thumb a little closer showing him.

 

 

He frowned. "Accidents happens, but it doesn't mean you should stop living."

 

 

You smiled at his words. "Philosophy much? But thank you for staying with me, though I feel bad for troubling you."

 

 

"You don't have to, I wanted to." He stopped the car before smiling at you and you just stared at him.

 

 

"Y/n? We've reached your home." He snapped you out and you muttered 'bye' before getting out and walked faster to your home leaving the latter confused.

 

 

                                       ***

 

The clock read 6:30 and you walked out of your washroom after a quick shower before standing infront your dressing table as you rubbed your hair with. 

 

 

While doing so, your mind wandered about yesterday as how scared you were but how being with Baekhyun instantly made it fade away. All of a sudden, your crossed about the scene where Baekhyun hugged you and a shy smile formed on your lips. 

 

 

As you looked back at the mirror, you flinched seeing your pink cheeks and palmed your cheek feeling its warmth. 

 

 

"What's wrong with you? Why are you smiling? Snap out Y/n!" You scolded yourself through the mirror before walking away from the dressing table. 

 

 

You weren't the only one, Baekhyun's cheeks were hurting now because he couldn't stop grinning while thinking about you and he was already missing you. 

 

 

This was so new to him but he was happy. As he walked in the kitchen drying his hair, he saw boys already awake as Kyungsoo was making his breakfast. 

 

 

After telling them about today, he sat on the couch with a grin and boys stared at him weirdly. 

 

 

"Hyung, Are you thinking about Y/n?" Jongin asked making his snapped at him surprised. "Am I that obvious?"

 

 

"Very-wait! You didn't deny it!" Sehun exclaimed and realising it boys looked at Baekhyun shook.

 

 

"So you do admit that-"

 

 

"Yeah, I like Y/n." Baekhyun stated cutting off Jongdae and then everyone went silent for a minute then the sound of woos were erupted.

 

 

"Yah! Be quiet!" Kyungsoo shouted rubbing his ear before looking at Baekhyun. "I'm glad, you realized or I was going to knock your senses."

 

 

Baekhyun laughed but stopped when a question was thrown to him by Junmyeon.

 

 

"So when are you going to confess?"

 

 

He sighed. "I don't know yet and I don't even know if she likes me back."

 

 

"She does, I can see that but she's clueless just like you." Minseok said sipping his coffee.

 

 

"Do it or else someone else will do it before you."

 

 

Everyone averted their eyes to the entrance to see Chanyeol walking in and Baekhyun felt threatened.

 

 

"It won't happen." He said confidently and got some chuckles in return.

 

 

"This is so good to see Byun Baekhyun being threatened." Jongin snickered and got a cushion on the face thrown by Baekhyun. 

 

 

"Shut up! And it's Hyung for you!" 

 

                                       ***

 

Later that day, you were informed that Ria has gotten discharged and has been asked to rest for few days until she's completely fine.

 

 

You had to go to the college and you were already feeling lonely not having your bestfriend beside you but you were glad to have Baekhyun and his friends who didn't let you feel left out.

 

 

You noticed that Baekhyun and Rowoon have been talking comfortably now without any tension between which you were happy to witness.

 

 

However, one thing you found really strange that Chanyeol, Jongin and Sehun kept making weird eye gestures with Baekhyun but he kept ignoring them.

 

 

You just assumed that it would be their thing so you continued with your meal but then Baekhyun kept glancing at you and smiling which did nothing but erupted butterflies in your stomach.

 

 

                                          ***

You were currently at the café and stared at the happy Rose smiling. Well, it has been like this nowadays since the day she has started dating. Yes, Jack and Rose have been dating after their second date on the new year's eve where he asked her out and Rose have been all smiley and you were happy for her.

 

 

You felt a stare on you and locked eyes with Baekhyun who instantly looked away and you frowned muttering weird. You have been noticing him doing that a lot now wondering if there's something on your face as the way you eat, it's possible.

 

 

"Is there something on my face?" You asked.

 

 

"No, you look pretty-" He stopped realising and you looked at him with wide eyes. "I mean, you look pretty tired."

 

 

He sighed in relief feeling almost made fool out of himself and you nodded feeling your rapid heartbeat while thinking that he actually called you pretty. 

 

 

"So you're going?"

 

 

"Yes, I have to meet Ria." You took off your apron before glancing at him to see his gloomy expression and before you could ask, the door opened.

 

 

"Oppa!"

 

 

You both looked towards the direction to see a pretty girl in her teen walking in while smiling at Baekhyun and to your surprise Baekhyun also grinned back.

 

 

He walked towards her and she instantly linked her arms around his making your eyes wide but you instantly recovered and made your way to the door where they both were standing.

 

 

"Y/n, she's Somi. My cousin." He introduced and you shook her hand smiling but your eyes kept lingering to their locked arms making your stomach churn.

 

 

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

 

 

"I just wanted to have a talk." She told him before looking at you. "Hey, why don't we have a little chat? If you don't mind."

 

 

Baekhyun looked at you expectantly and you chuckled awkwardly. "Uh, I'm sorry but I have to go somewhere. Maybe next time."

 

 

You didn't wanted to be a third wheel between them, not when you are feeling weird seeing them and a pain like needle in your heart making you stuffy.

 

 

"Oh, okay."

 

 

"It was nice to meet you." You forced a smile and she smiled back.

 

 

"Should I drop you off?" Baekhyun suggested and you shook your head.

 

 

"No. It's fine, I'll go by myself. You both should catch up." You tried not to stutter as a lump in your throat was forming and you instantly walked out biding to Rose.

 

 

Walking out, you inhaled and exhaled a big sigh while placing your hand on your chest feeling your pounding heart behind your chest.

 

 

"What is wrong with me? Did I eat something wrong?" You muttered feeling grumpy before walking down the street.

 

 

"She's gone." Somi spoke as she eyed his cousin staring at you until your figure disappeared.

 

 

"You like her, don't you?" Her remark suddenly made Baekhyun to look at her. Was he being too obvious that now everyone is asking same thing. He has to control his facial expression now.

 

 

"She seems nice."

 

 

"She is nice." He stated confidently making Somi raise her eyes teasingly at him making him scoff.

 

 

"Shut up!"

 

 

You stormed inside your bestfriend's room before throwing yourself on her bed on your stomach with a groan.

 

 

"Okay?"

 

 

"I'm not feeling well, so I'm taking a nap." You said hiding your face in the pillow making a muffle sound.

 

 

"Hey! I'm the patient."

 

 

You groaned hiding yourself under the duvet while thinking about a while ago and again that weird pain in your chest erupting making you stir before drowning into sleep. 

 

 

                              ______________

 

 

 

 

(8 January) 

 

8:15 pm

 

 

 

Here you were standing at the gate of the familiar Amusement Park where you have been before. Ria has been in her home for days now and kept whining to take her out. 

 

 

"There they are!" 

 

 

You both turned to the voice to see Sehun and Jongin jogging towards you both w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter