Chapter 23

The Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(20 February)

 

8:36 pm

 

You let out a sigh staring at the view infront of you while sitting on the bench. You had came to your usual place to distract your mind from your thoughts but that didn't seemed to be working.

 

 

As you were home after leaving the Café, you started to study as your exams were coming up. However, you couldn't as you felt unmotivated which led you to have several thoughts in mind and they didn't help but demotivated even more.

 

 

Wanted to take a walk, you ended up here and at that moment, you got a call from Baekhyun. You tried to sound as fine as you could but as if you were too transparent to him and he instantly understood something was wrong.

 

 

Lost in your thoughts, you didn't even hear footsteps from behind until a figure appeared infront of you making you startle. Your eyes looked up only to be locked with familiar soft brown orbs staring at you concern yet warmly.

 

 

You stayed still, with his eyes boring into yours making you melt and your heart to welled up. You felt a lump in your throat and instantly gulped before looking down.

 

 

You sighed your lips and looked up. "I know this is sudden...but...can I hug you?"

 

 

His palm went to your cheek caressing it with his thumb as he gave you a soft smile. "You don't have to ask."

 

 

You nodded before wrapping your arms around his waist with your face in his stomach and his hand your hair softly making your eyes close and tears streamed down your cheeks.

 

 

That was it. You needed a hug. His hug. His warmth. Him. Your favorite person and now your safe place.

 

 

Minutes of you weeping and sniffing, you both were sitting beside eachother with Baekhyun's arm draped behind you on the bench with his hand caressing gently on your shoulder.

 

 

Baekhyun took a glance at you as you sniffed wiping your remaining tears with your hoodie sleeves. He couldn't help but smile at your red nose and cheeks finding it adorable.

 

 

"Feeling better?"

 

 

You nodded as you actually felt light after letting it all out.

 

 

"Wanna share it?" He asked cautiously and you nodded before taking a deep breath.

 

 

"I.. I feel weird. I feel so unmotivated, I have so many assignments to do and exams coming up but I can't bring myself to study and that just left me stressed. What if I fail?"

 

 

You felt his hand rubbing your arm as he instantly pulled you close. "Hey, Hey, it's okay. We all have those days, sometimes we get tired and just need a break. So, don't let your thoughts take over your peaceful mind, you are strong enough to pass those days."

 

 

"You think so?"

 

 

"I know so." He kissed your temple making you smile before looking at him.

 

 

"Thank you."

 

 

He gave a nod. "Yeah sure, but next time don't bottle it up. Whenever you are struggling or feeling down, you can share it with me, I'm always here."

 

 

You stared at him in awe, wondering how did you got this lucky to have him.

 

 

Smiling, you nodded. "I know."

 

 

"Good." He kissed your nose making you laugh before leaning his forehead against yours and you both closed your eyes enjoying the calm yet comfortable silence.

 

 

All of a sudden, your stomach growled making you both flinch and you gasped leaning away before biting your lips as you looked down clutching your stomach.

 

 

Baekhyun, who just got out of the shock instantly bit his lower lip grinning at your embarrassed state before standing up.

 

 

"Let's go." He held out his hand and you pouted but eventually grabbed it as he made you stand up and led you to his car while trying hard not laugh.

 

 

He took you to a restaurant close to your house and you couldn't even wait to full your stomach as the smell of dishes making you more hungry.

 

 

As your noodles were served, you instantly began to dig and slurp while Baekhyun kept taking a glance at you worringly.

 

 

You were too imersed in eating and didn't realize his lovingly stare on you. He palmed his cheek as he stared at you before chuckling and got your attention.

 

 

"What?" You raised your eyebrows questionly while munching.

 

 

"I can't believe, you were crying a while ago and now..." He stopped as he nodded your way and you rolled you eyes. "I wasn't crying, okay!"

 

 

"Yeah, sure. And you didn't hug me earlier too." He spoke nonchalantly before slurping and you blushed remembering that scene before clearing your throat while stirring the soup as something crossed your mind.

 

 

"Ah, my parents want to meet you." You said and he choked on his food.

 

 

You passed him the glass of water and he gulped it down while you rubbed his back before biting your lips to suppress your laugh.

 

 

"You sure are a killjoy." He wiped his mouth glaring at you playfully and you shrugged smiling.

 

 

It's been more than a month to your relationship and with you being all smiley and cheery made your parents too desperate to meet him and Daniel's nonstop praises to Baekhyun weren't helping either.

 

 

"It's not my fault, if Dan likes you so much." You crossed your arms. "He's always praising you and only listens to you and sometimes I get jealous too."

 

 

He chuckled. "Don't be, I'm all yours anyway."

 

 

You rolled your eyes. "Don't twist my words."

 

 

"When should I meet them? Your parents?" He asked nervously.

 

 

"How about right now?"

 

 

"Right now?!"

 

 

You laughed. "Chill, I was joking."

 

 

He squinted his eyes. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

 

 

You giggled nodding. "Yes, it's so rare to see you like this."

 

 

He huffed. "Let's talk when it's your time."

 

 

Soon, you went back to home with Baekhyun as he stopped his car infront of your porch. He got out of the car with you and walked towards you before leaning his back against the car while taking your hand.

 

 

"Listen, don't think about anything. Take a warm shower and go to sleep early so you can feel better, hm?" He poked your cheek softly and you chuckled nodding.

 

 

"Okay, Ajjusshi."

 

 

"Yah!"

 

 

"What? You think only you can tease me?"

 

 

He pouted before nodding. "Okay, then, I won't bring that up and you do the same, hm?"

 

 

"Fair enough." You nodded. "Now go before you have to deal with my mum."

 

 

He chuckled pinching your nose causing you scrunch your nose and he imitated your expression before walking to the driving seat but you stopped him.

 

 

He looked at you confusingly before you tiptoed grabbing his nap to pull him down and kissed his cheek. "Drive safely, Ajjusshi."

 

 

You made a face before giggling and sprinted towards your home leaving the stunned Baekhyun behind. As soon as he recovered, his hand went to cheek and he chuckled shaking his head.

 

 

"Gosh, I love her!"

 

 

 

                                      ***

 

 

(21st February)

 

1:23 pm

 

 

Next day, you and Ria went to a restaurant close to your college as you decided to eat outside making your bestfriend confused as ever, since it was the first time you asked to go out.

 

 

"Y/n, tell me seriously?" Ria questioned crossing her arms as she eyed you suspiciously and you gave a shrug avoiding her gaze.

 

 

"What? I just wanted to eat outside. Is it that hard to believe?" You took a sip from your orange juice before giving her a smile.

 

 

She scoffed. "Yes."

 

 

You clicked your tongue rolling your eyes before you got a weird feeling and instantly threw your head back to see Baekhyun's face, looking down at you.

 

 

"Oh? How did you know I was here?" He asked surprised and you shrugged before he pecked your temple and took a seat beside you.

 

 

Ria watched the scene smilingly before her gaze went behind you to see Chanyeol coming towards the table. She suddenly felt nervous as he took a seat beside her before smiling at her.

 

 

You and Baekhyun exchanged looks with each other before ordering and getting imersed in the conversation. While between the talks, Baekhyun kept taking a sip from your orange juice and when you offered him to drink it all, he refused but then continued to take sips.

 

 

As you all finished your meal, Baekhyun excused himself to the washroom and you continued your conversation with them. You also took the chance to observe the pair infront of you who seemed to be enjoying themselves.

 

 

Baekhyun walked out but stopped when he spotted a guy other side of your table, scribbling something and gave it to the waiter before pointing towards you.

 

 

His blood boiled and he walked faster to the waiter and stopped him before taking a look at the paper. He scoffed lowly reading it as the guy was asking your number. 

 

 

Taking the pen from the waiter, he scribbled something down the paper before pointing it to give back to the guy. 

The guy was imersed in his phone to notice until the waiter gave him the paper back and he expectantly opened the paper only to get confused.

 

 

She is taken

 

 

 

He looked towards your table to see you with Baekhyun who instantly locked eyes with him and shot a intimated gaze at him causing him to look away awkwardly. 

 

 

"Shall we leave?" Baekhyun asked you and you nodded before standing up and Ria looked at you both confusingly. 

 

 

"What? Where are you going?" 

 

 

"We have to be at Café, so we're leaving." Baekhyun said wrapping his arm around your waist. "Chanyeol will drop you off." 

 

 

You controlled your laugh at seeing Ria's expression but you wanted to do this as Chanyeol and Ria needed to have a talk. Hence, you and Baekhyun decided to be cupids for them.

 

 

"Yeah, i'll drop you off." Chanyeol smiled at her before sending a smirk towards Baekhyun which got unnoticed by you as your eyes were on your bestfriend.

 

 

You waved at them as you exited the restaurant not before Baekhyun throwing a glance to the guy who awkwardly coughed before looking away.

 

 

"Are they going to be okay?" You asked him as soon as you were out.

 

 

"Don't worry, Chanyeol's gonna take care of it and your bestfriend is in safe hands." He gave you a assuring smile which you returned but then felt his stare.

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"You must have got confessions a lot and crushes too."

 

 

"Huh? Suddenly?" You frowned. "Well, not really because back then I was too naive to notice and about crushes..." 

 

 

"I know, that Big Boss and Siwon, whatever his name was." He rolled his eyes and you chuckled at his adorable jealously. 

 

 

"If we're talking about crushes," You crossed your arms over your chest. "Then I do remember Chanyeol Sunbae telling me about your high school crush."

 

 

"Oh.. That..." He rubbed his nap before smiling sheepishly."It was just a tiny bit crush, nothing serious." 

 

 

You nodded giving him the exact smile and he chuckled. "Okay, we hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter